Admiral Insurance Reviews

Updated Nov 9, 2021

Found 50 of over 55 reviews

4.0
Admiral Insurance President Daniel Smyrl (no image)
Daniel Smyrl
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Exceptional Company!

Nov 9, 2021 - Commercial Underwriter in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Admiral has the backing of W.R. Berkley and combined they have some excellent executives that really value the employees. Flexible work locations and hours, amazing team members to work with. Great pay and benefits, employee appreciation events/gifts. They promote from within and help grow their employees.

Cons

This is the best company that I have worked for and the amount of 20+ year employees can all attest to that as well.

Admiral Insurance Response

We are glad you enjoy being a part of the team, the employee benefits, and perks that we offer! We love that we have so many long tenured employees too. Look forward to celebrating your 20 years as an employee when the day comes!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Nov 9, 2021 - Claims Examiner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, nice people, good environment, challenging work allowing for growth.

Cons

Would be nice to have more than 2 work from home days.

Admiral Insurance Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Admiral with others. We work hard to promote a collaborative culture that provides development opportunities for our employees. We also routinely evaluate the benefits and perks that we offer our employees to ensure that we remain competitive. Glad to have you as part of the Admiral family!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Nov 5, 2021 - Senior Underwriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are awesome! Management cares about us and is proactive in solving issues We get to think and are empowered to make decisions at the desk level Workplace flexibility

Cons

IT services have shifted to the parent company which means longer wait times to resolve issues.

Admiral Insurance Response

It really is great working as an E&S underwriter at Admiral, isn’t it?! We love hiring talent we can empower to make decisions that help them develop as employees and also grow our business! We will continue to focus on our people and are currently working to improve resolution times for IT-related services. Thank you for being part of the family! We look forward to growing with you over the course of your career!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

An amazing company that still offers "old school" perks and benefits

Nov 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Admiral is a great, profitable company. We work hard and play hard. Leadership really cares about their employees and goes above and beyond to make it a great work environment. Benefits and time off are above standard.

Cons

None - the Admiral culture is incomparable.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Admiral is awesome

Nov 4, 2021 - Claims Examiner in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home 3 days a week, lots of flexibility, not overloaded with work, great office, great people employed here, gym, free lunches/breakfast, the best free coffee, people retire here for a reason...

Cons

I've worked for multiple carriers prior to coming here and they are not comparable. I leave here not stressed like at other carriers.

Admiral Insurance Response

Thank you for sharing what you love about working at Admiral. We are glad to hear that you aren’t stressed when you leave at the end of the day and that this is such a positive work environment for you! We are glad to have you as part of our team and look forward to your contributions as we continue to grow!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company with a bright future

Nov 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family-like atmosphere Work from home policy Everyone willing to help each other Employee events A number of big projects in the works to improve technology and efficiency

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of clarity from parent company

Admiral Insurance Response

We are glad to hear you enjoy working at Admiral! It’s great when we are able to get together for company events, spend some downtime with one another and deepen our relationships – especially as we collaborate across the greater organization on our strategic initiatives. Thank you for being part of the team and your contributions to our success!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Admiral is a great place to work!

Nov 4, 2021 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hands down the biggest pro is the people. Admiral has a great group of employees working for the company and the management could not be better.

Cons

They are moving into better systems and IT but are not quite there yet.

Admiral Insurance Response

We agree that our people are our strongest asset here at Admiral. Thank you for being part of the team! We are excited about the initiatives we are working on to improve our systems and leverage technology to increase efficiency. We value our employees’ input and will definitely continue to request feedback and implement as appropriate.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Community is worth it

Nov 5, 2021 - Business Analyst in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that surround the company truly want not just business to thrive, but also their co-workers. Everyone that I have interacted with wants everything about the company to succeed, and make it an enjoyable environment to work in

Cons

I can't think really think of any downsides that really stick out. Truly a pure company to work for!

Admiral Insurance Response

Yes! We are very fortunate to have such a supportive group of employees and network of partners. Glad to hear you enjoy working at Admiral and we look forward to continued success with you as part of our team!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Assist in the Professional Liability Department

Nov 4, 2021 - Senior Underwriting Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy going atmosphere, friendly people, Admiral cares about employees.

Cons

The commute can be brutal sometimes

10. 2.0
    Current Employee

Lacks luster

Nov 4, 2021 - Rather Not Say in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and flexibility, the people are nice.

Cons

It's all about who you know, so the talented are overshadowed by the relationships others have with management.

Admiral Insurance Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We strive to maintain and enrich our culture as we believe it’s at the heart of our success, driven by all of our employees! Glad to hear it is valued and that you enjoyed the people you worked with. We value our employees and empower them to make decisions based on their experience and expertise. Thank you for being part of our team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Reviews