Auction Technology Group Reviews

Updated 26 Nov 2019

Auction Technology Group CEO John-Paul Savant
John-Paul Savant

"Best workplace experience so far"

Current Employee - Customer Support in London, England

I have been working at Auction Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quite nice environment to work at full of friendly people and management, who tends to go above and beyond to make sure feel comfortable with what you are doing

Cons

Some processes take longer that it could due to how the workload is managed.

2. "A professional company with the desire to grow it's tech roster"

Current Employee - Software Tester in London, England

I have been working at Auction Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Structured and committed approach to sprint planning and delivery. Process driven management teams. Treating their employees like adults!

Cons

Like most companies, sprint feature creep is an issue.

Continue reading
  3. "Amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I worked at Auction Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

ATG has one of the best cultures I have ever experienced in a working environment. Very collaborative and transparent. The senior management are extremely approachable and there isn't a boundary separating them for other staff members. They are very down to earth. Overall the company is very innovative snd always open to new ideas and feedback for improvement. If you are looking for a place to work where they value your opinion, trust you and not micromanaging you then look no further. This is an amazing place to work for anyone.

Cons

Hard to think of many. The only downside would be not having as many meeting rooms available as i was previously used to. However this presents an opportunity to explore the local work offices and cafes for informal meetings which is always good.

Continue reading
  4. "Great cloud experience, hard work, but rewarded for it"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in London, England

I have been working at Auction Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

On the tech side, we've moved to Azure and trying to leverage as many services as we can so a great learning experience and new work uses microservice patterns as well as serverless. Also a place where you can really influence those new services and patterns. Our teams are small and everyone has the power to contribute and expected to be Dev/QA/DevOps/Architect, it's about delivering as a team. Management changed about a year ago for the better with a new CTO, focusing on craftsmanship and allowing freedom within engineering to make change.

Cons

There's still a lot to do, we are transitioning from monolith to microservices and that is not easy and at times we do have to be pragmatic and go slower than we'd love to as engineers as its a 24/7 global eCommerce company. With small teams there's no where to hide so naturally expectations are high so you do have to work hard. But that is rewarded with flexibility and recognition and the chance to make more of a difference

Continue reading
  5. "Worked with the company for more than one year as software engineer"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Auction Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They use cloud solutions and some of the projects use new technologies. Good opportunity to learn new stuff some time.

Cons

Very toxic environment. The new CTO have very bad leadership style. He operate in a dictatorial manner. So some time you think your in the army not in a company. You will feel you are always watched by managers who micromanage everything, CTO and the others.

July 15, 2019

Thanks%20for%20the%20advice%20to%20management.%20It's%20great%20to%20see%20you've%20read%20and%20quoted%20from%20%22Product%20Leadership%22%20by%20Richard%20Banfield.%20Our%20working%20environment%20is%20one%20of%20the%20things%20that%20all%20employees%20here%20rate%20the%20highest%20so%20I'm%20sorry%20you%20found%20it%20toxic.%20We%20have%20an%20incredibly%20talented%20CTO%20%20and%20tech%20team%20who%20have%20transformed%20our%20business%20over%20the%20past%2015%20months%20creating%20an%20innovative%20and%20exciting%20environment.%20The%20team%20is%20set%20up%20to%20work%20collaboratively%20and%20are%20given%20the%20freedom%20to%20work%20autonomously.%20%20I'm%20surprised%20to%20hear%20that%20you%20felt%20micromanaged.%20All%20of%20our%20managers%20will%20step%20in%20and%20provide%20%20support%20for%20those%20that%20need%20help.%20%20%20I%20wish%20you%20all%20the%20best%20in%20your%20next%20role.

6. "Process over value"

2.0

I worked at Auction Technology Group full-time

Pros

- Not the worst place you could work at - Some good people - Huge potential

Cons

- They don't understand their customers. If they spent less time worrying about conforming to processes and just used some common sense, they would be ahead of the market. - Slowly dying company as all the talent gradually gives up and leaves. Those that remain (that are not looking for a new job) are the ones killing the business. - Will never reach their potential. - Bleak outlook with dying products

7. "Up and coming gem!"

I have been working at Auction Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people - friendly, open, supportive and passionate across all levels of the business Fascinating business - its a business which it helping a traditional market flourish in the modern day....innovative and entrepreneurial It's on a really exciting growth journey which will be a great story for any CV and there is so much opportunity

Cons

Cross continent teams makes co-working a bit more of a challenge

8. "Enjoying so far"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in London, England

I have been working at Auction Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

great people, great atmosphere , great opportunities

Cons

nowhere to sit and eat

July 5, 2019

The lack of space for a break out or eating space has been an issue and one that fell out of our recent engagement survey. We're delighted now to have a great space to eat, catch up or just get away from the desk, with some epic views of St Paul's and the Shard.

9. "Great company"

I have been working at Auction Technology Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Superb place to work. Really great people with a wonderful work atmosphere. Senior staff are very encouraging to hear ideas and very supportive.

Cons

Nowhere to eat lunch comfortably

10. "Growing company"

I have been working at Auction Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work life balance Fast paced, collaborative and professional working environment Good benefits Growth company

Cons

Good place for young people.

July 5, 2019

Thanks for the great review! Its a great place for ALL people, not just younger workers. Our policies benefit everyone, especially those around work life balance, which don't just apply to our working parents and carers.

Found 31 reviews