78% would recommend to a friend
(3062 total reviews)
89% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits good and reasonable for employee" (in 285 reviews)
- "The salary is good and used to be above average" (in 213 reviews)
- "Great culture and world class work environment" (in 170 reviews)
- "Great people and working envirnoment" (in 163 reviews)
- "The pay was good and the people were really helpful." (in 113 reviews)
- "The only negative thing about BAT is that there's no work/life Balance at all!" (in 171 reviews)
- "Poor management and buddy system." (in 71 reviews)
- "Late working hours 100% remote work (I love the hybrid model) Less marketing exposure due to regulation" (in 56 reviews)
- "Long hours it’s hard to take a break" (in 37 reviews)
- "No career progression and feeling stuck" (in 33 reviews)
Found 3,062 of over 6K reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW3 Jul 2023Global GraduateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
- Great Graduate Program - Super nice colleagues - Healthy culture and environment - Nice learning and development opportunities
- Expensive to live close to the office and go in frequently
- 5.08 Nov 2023Executive AdministratorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Great vibe, amazing colleagues, great benefits, cared about welfare of employees!
Very high pressured all of the time.
- 5.027 Nov 2023Technical support for HP deploymentCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSouthampton, England
They try to be inclusive and was very understanding when I had health emergencies and when I have to take time off work for my father's death
Need to be very flexible bc upper management are very indecisive with the direction of a product
- 4.020 Nov 2023Assistant General CounselCurrent Employee
Interesting, varied work experience in multiple jurisdictions with good opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Managing in a matrix organisation can slow down decision making.
- 5.031 Oct 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Very international and diverse work environment, where everyone is welcome. You get exposed to very different work challenges continuously allowing you to get exposure to different parts of the business
Big FMCG company with a lot of stakeholder management and pre-alignment meetings. Very risk-adverse environment leading to slow decision making
- 4.05 Nov 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Good salary and benefits. In general, people are capable and nice to work with.
Work life balance, multiple org restructures in the past 2 years with many changes in leadership at top level. Difficult for women to advance to higher leadership roles.
- 3.022 Oct 2023Product DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSouthampton, England
You can make good friendships, some people are very nice. You get a lot of freedom if you are lucky.
Lack of strategy, very poor senior management/leadership, talent management is just a joke
BAT Reviews FAQs
BAT has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 5,578 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at BAT to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
78% of BAT employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BAT 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.