Blue Apron Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Sep 11, 2019

Found 251 reviews

Blue Apron CEO Linda Kozlowski
Linda Kozlowski
Pros
  • "I've worked at Blue Apron long enough to say it is definitely a great place to work(in 26 reviews)

• "Free lunch, great pay, awesome employees(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lunch is free but not what you would expect from a company like Blue Apron(in 14 reviews)

• "Growth is only available if you are favored by upper management(in 11 reviews)

1. "Good experience overall"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Blue Apron full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and cool product

Cons

Vacation days and hours weren't ideal but usual for service industry

Blue Apron2019-09-11

"Take the job if you can't find anything else"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Experience Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Blue Apron full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fairly simple job (if you don't mind getting yelled at all day), nice office, friendly peers.

Cons

No opportunity to grow (unless by some miracle someone else quits or HQ decides to expand the opportunities in the Austin office), no issue is ever really addressed/fixed, the company culture is dead, and there is a huge lack of communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Invest in your current employees! The turnover in CX is rampant because the company offers nothing to hard working contributors. The fact that management doesn't even attempt to talk to employees who are considering leaving after working there for several years, says alot about how much they care.

Blue Apron2019-09-04

"Lack of management"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Linden, NJ

I worked at Blue Apron full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited time off, employee discounts and weekly farmers market

Cons

Management, leadership, employee morale, high turnover

Advice to Management

Blue Apron is a company with potential but lacks by hiring the right candidates. Management is not properly trained and lack support. Operation team schedule endless meetings but fail to actually discuss topics that matter. Upper management do not take on responsibilities and fail to lead by example. No career opportunities are available unless you are an associate, in which you can be promoted to a floor supervisor.... Morale is at an all time low, employees are disengaged and dissatisfied.

Blue Apron2019-09-01

"Dysfunctional"

Current Employee - Senior Packaging Designer in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Blue Apron full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are SUPER generous with their employees in terms of vacation, general perks.

Cons

It still has a "start-up" mentality even thought it's 7 years old. Most of the managers are barely out of their 20s and lack basic experience. There is an imbalance, very little support staff.

Blue Apron2019-07-16

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Blue Apron full-time

Pros

Good Mission, lots of autonomy

Cons

Dysfunctional management, company not performing well

Blue Apron2019-07-19

"Great place to work and meet people"

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative

I worked at Blue Apron full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back environment, lots of fun out of office get-togethers, in office parties and happy hours, LGBTQ+ loving, discount on product

Cons

Things went a little downhill after IPO, but they seem to be regaining traction.

Blue Apron2019-07-08

"Run!"

Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Apron full-time for more than a year

Pros

The snacks were decent -- I think they're gone now though?

Cons

Disjointed, delusional management.

Blue Apron2019-07-24

"A Shadow of it's Former Self"

Current Employee - Support Team in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Blue Apron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Long weekends no matter what shift you're on. Co-workers are good people.

Cons

Raises are a joke. In 2018 and 2019, most people got one raise each year and it was about 25 cents. Some of the worst health insurance I've seen. We had good insurance when I started, but switched to something that costs the company less money, the employees pay higher premiums, and everyone gets surprise bills in the mail after each doctor visit. you are very unlikely to get 40 hours in a work week here. Very... little opportunity for advancement. It's not difficult to climb one step up the ladder, but that's likely as far as you'll go. Before the company was publicly traded, it really was a great company to work for. After it went public, of there was a way to take from the hourly associates, it was done. This includes basic benefits, perks, sick time, scheduled work hours, bonuses, and even the shift differential when night shift was shut down and most people forced to take a $1/HR pay cut and go to days.

Advice to Management

An investment in your hourly associates is an investment in the company. When you play around with people's livelihood, they'll eventually have enough and go elsewhere. 25 cents per year is not an adequate raise to keep up with cost of living increases and offset the loss of hours. When I started at BA, everyone loved the company. Everyone felt valued. Everyone felt like they made a difference, and they were... motivated to work harder, faster and more efficiently because they we felt like we had a bright future with the company. All of that is gone now. Morale continues to be at an all time low. Instead of feeling like part of the company, most hourly associates feel excluded and used. The love that many used to have for BA has turned to either apathy or in some cases hatred. Do something about it. Something other than offering pet insurance or giving everyone a cookie.

Blue Apron2019-06-26
  9. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Apron part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good hours and is flexible to work

Cons

Management is not the greatest with communication

Advice to Management

None

Blue Apron2019-06-28

"Machine Operator 1"

I worked at Blue Apron full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has great Refrigeration systems, for the most part. And when joining the team(2 years ago), the possibilities for growth were really up to the associates’ work ethic.

Cons

Now, work within does t matter. The overall schedule has changed 3 times since I’ve started in 2017. On top of that, there are PLENTY of company policies implemented that are absolutely ridiculous; I.e: My son was sick and had to go to the E.R. I leave work to take him, and upon coming into work(because they have a points system), I provide a doctor’s note to get my half-point(half point If you’re late/leave early... at work) rescinded, and they tell me it needs to be an emergency to have the half point removed. I TOOK MY SON TO THE E.R. FOR PROFUSELY VOMITING, AND HE COULD HAVE LOST HIS LIFE FROM DEHYDRATION. WHAT OTHER EMERGENCIES DO I NEED FOR THIS HALF POINT TO GO AWAY?!

Advice to Management

Get rid of HR AGAIN. They aren’t TRULY HELPING employees..

Blue Apron2019-06-28