Booking.com Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
Booking.com President and CEO Glenn Fogel
Glenn Fogel
Pros
Cons
  • "(in 61 reviews)

• "Difficult career progression and very low salary(in 56 reviews)

1. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Multinational culture, very friendly environment, very transparent, everybody is accessable, free cereals, fruits, coffees, teas, free lunch, loads of events take place to cheer employees up and build a rapport within the company, you are listened anytime you have something to say to, support for a progressive career

Cons

There is simply nothing wrong with this company. They value every single employee.

Booking.com2020-04-03
  2. "A"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time

Pros

Enjoy work & enjoy the life

Cons

The office is a bit far away from home

Booking.com2020-03-19
  3. "Good"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Cambridge, England

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice environment, people are friendly. You get free lunch and fruits.

Cons

Only English people have the chance of becoming managers and growing in the office.

Booking.com2020-03-30

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Finally, I feel like I have true ownership of a product. Since joining booking I've felt trusted and empowered by the business to make decisions based on data and not opinions of HIPPOS. My manager is invested in my development and there's a clear promotion process, which is a breath of fresh air!

Cons

There's only one promotion period every 12 months. It's such a large company it can be tough to know who or which teams to speak to, to get things done at times.

Booking.com2020-03-03

"The best company I’ve ever worked for"

Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Booking.com

Pros

Excellent work like balance, work independence, managers are extremely helpful, fair workload distribution, amazing career prospects, wonderful employee benefits, great atmosphere to work in!

Cons

Not a single thing wrong with this company, honestly.

Booking.com2020-02-25
  6. "multicultural place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Executive

I have been working at Booking.com full-time

Pros

Colleagues, and all team members are very welcoming and helpful. You get the chance to work flexible hours and a beautiful working atmosphere.

Cons

Lunchtime is too short, however I imagine that if you have a special condition and require more time it could be manage since everyone is very accessible

Booking.com2020-02-19

"They don't deserve you"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing co-workers, multicultural enviroment with people from all around the world, free coffee, tea, fruits and good perks.

Cons

I used to like working here, but they made me hate it. They don't care about you, they don't value you or appreciate your efford. I gave this company my best every day and when I needed them, I received a slap in the face. Managers are entitled, childish and incompetent, they don't even possess the most basic people skills. They don't treat people equally and career progression is not based on experience or hard work but on people you know. When I quit this job, I felt like 500 pounds was lifted off my chest.

Booking.com2020-03-11

"More disappointing than Game of Thrones"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- You will meet many people from different Countries (you can do that just leaving your house in the morning, too by the way). - You will be part of a magical wonderland where your team is all that matters until you start looking at progression and those people will become the reason you will not get that promotion. - You will get a discrete salary for the city you are living in, just for being on the phone all day - Free meals and a warm place to work in (sometimes way too warm though...) - The many charity support events

Cons

This company used to be a 4/5 stars. - Management - Management (yes, again) - Lack of communication between the different departments (please people, is 2020) - Projects thieves around every corner - Don't work for the bonus, it is just not worth your time - Your visibility and interest in ''being social'' count more than your skills - Your feedback is completely useless. If you are smart enough you will use it to show that you have your workplace at interest, otherwise get ready for some good disappointment - Your colleagues are not going to back you up because, cmon, everyone has to pay their rent at the end of the day - 3 sickness instances IN A ROLLING YEAR? You still hire human beings, not robots. Sarcasm, badmouthing, jealousy. These are only three of the bugs that spread around the office(s). And it is such a shame by the way. Yeah, feel free to go to work with your high heels, colorful skirts, pink hair, tattoos and piercings, but the truth is that the only way to feel free is to not care about the others, just like any other place in the world. Nothing but another corporate growing too fast. Too big to be small and too small to be big. Quantity over qual...people. Colleagues more keen on challenging you just because you’re not giving them what they want, rather than having any sort of work ethic. The main issue of the company right now is the total incapability to the feedback on board, forward it to the right people (well of course, due to the huge lack of communication) and actually do something with it! You think someone is going to sit in a room and discuss the so much wanted and requested feedback, but the truth is that they already have it all planned and you can't do anything about it. And you'll get laughed in your face about it by those who are in charge of weighting your performance. I wonder who's weighting them... Everything comes from Global. Nice way to avoid taking ownership of actions, classy. Agents will have about 4-5 main changes per year in their role, with no chance to speak up (again no space for feedback). Seniors are...what do they do again? I'm pretty sure at this point they don't even know where they stand. Team leaders? A bunch of high school kids. Not all is bad out there, but most them are. CSMs. Well, they are Team leaders with more power so basically anything can happen. WORKPLACE. Let's talk about it. You have people posting pictures with their partners, creating groups absolutely NOT WORK RELATED like some kind of fashion show and you just don't do anything about it and you just let them use the company hashtag #b."anything-that-pops-in-my-mind" in the wrong way. Even who doesn't care about Workplace is annoyed. No matter how many reports, complaints, emails, chats and comments will be forwarded against someone, they'll generally end up leaving simply because a better opportunity came up for them. Instead of admitting that they're just incompetent, patronising and poisoning for whoever work around them. Well, at least they leave. Sometimes. If you have an idea, a good one, make sure you register your patent before bringing it to someone because they will know how to take it, put their name on it and get all the credit while they're listening to you talking. And then leave, cause they will become your team leaders. If the CEO intend to even remotely consider this review as constructive, please rethink the company you’ve now taken FULL ownership for and listen to what you hear, cause your employees are complaining, crying, speaking up and your management is just choosing not to listen to them. Quoting your words about BAM 2019 ''It didn't work''. You have the chance to make it work now. Booking.com is nothing but a good student that has potential and just doesn't care enough about it. With our previous CEO we’ve lost the human touch that was what made Booking.com different. Oh, and by the way, telling your employees worldwide that <>, it’s really not. Whether this is true or not, you gotta have the ability to give a bad news keeping your staff motivated and starting 2020 with the message that all our hard work was ‘’ok’’ was like a thousand knives in our hearts. The biggest mistake it's been starting a company open minded and ready to welcome everything and everyone (yeah, maybe you should've set some standards in the past about this) in this magical loose world where there was barely a rule and now is all about restrictions, scripts and customer satisfaction. How about your employee experience first for a change?

Booking.com2020-02-05

"Staff moral at all time low"

Current Employee - Customer Relations Executive in Manchester, England

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

free fruit and cereal. Summer staff party

Cons

- Bonus Structure almost impossible to reach - Lots of opportunity to progress if your face fits. - In the contact centre it seems like managers directly look for ways to bring staff down instead of celebrating and encouraging them - Constant denial of all of the above by the invisible leadership team

Booking.com2020-02-10
  10. "Happy place!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing company, lots of fun activities happening, smiley happy people! Worked in CS for over one year and being part of events has helped make such a positive impact on me. I’m also part of an events team which is good.

Cons

The occasional rude staff member.

Booking.com2020-01-31