BrightHR Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

BrightHR CEO Paul Tooth
Paul Tooth

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at BrightHR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a fantastic company to work for. The environment is the best, the culture is fun and you can really feel at home. As places to work go, this is near perfect. It's an environment where you feel comfortable and can express yourself regardless of personality type. Every single person is approachable and nice. It's the type of place where the CEO or CMO walks past and you can grab them for a quick chat. The perks really are quality. The office environment is beautiful, there is a garden in the centre of the office with bean bags and tents. There is a huge canteen with PlayStations etc. Free tea and coffee and fruit twice a week. Monthly TGI Friday's, booze and food and quarterly themed dress up days.

Cons

As a rapidly growing start up sometimes you do feel a bit of a departmental divide but that's just about communication which is being worked on. There are lots of nerf guns which can be annoying when trying to focus.

Advice to Management

Keep being brilliant. Because we are growing so fast I see new faces all the time and don't know who they are. Maybe a quick mention on Yammer for all newbies so we know who they are , what they do etc. The photo synopsis which Gemma introduced was a great idea, maybe something similar for all?

2. "Space to test, learn and grow"

Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Manchester, England

I have been working at BrightHR (More than a year)

Pros

A solid culture around data-driven testing and learning has really been embedded, and there's freedom to create and test hypotheses.

Cons

Like any start-up we've been guilty of wanting to get a market-leading product as quickly as possible, and we made mistakes along the way. We've aimed to overcome this by instilling a sense of patience across the business to gather more data before making critical decisions.

Advice to Management

To always listen to what the teams are saying, particularly those with regular face to face contact with the customers, and more importantly those who decide not to become customers.

"Sales and Marketing Lead"

Pros

Great location near Victoria Station and a short walk from Manchester City Centre.
    Nice open plan office with plenty of light and good views.

Cons

The whole company is marketing and sales lead, and they don’t seem appreciate or take time to care about the complexity or time that goes into making a world class product.
    Staff are generally treated well, although I've witnessed cases where they treat staff in a way which is in complete contradiction to their company values and with a lack of respect.
    Can take ages to get IT equipment sorted, not through seeking approval but because Peninsulas IT team insist on locking down your machine so you have very limited access.

Advice to Management

You should focus on building a collaborative environment where everyone is working towards the same goal, and allowed an appropriate amount of time to complete the task in hand.

13 May 2016 – Brand Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review BrightHR. It's disappointing you left Bright feeling this way about the business. In recent months we've put a great deal of emphasis on improving processes ... More

"Amazing Place To Work"

Current Employee - Sales in Manchester City Centre, England

Pros

* Everyone gets along, managers are down to earth. Everyone is pulling in the right direction to get this product where it needs to be

Cons

None Cons Yet, This may change

"sales"

Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Manchester, England

Pros

great earning potential , fun environment and excellent work and home life balance.

Cons

non I can think of yet

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

"Good Place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Pros

Good management, nice work environment, exudes positivity.

Cons

None at moment as long as they stay on the path they are on.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

"Brighthr review"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

Great place to work.
    Healthy relationship and good communication between departments.
    Allowed to have fun while, working making it a great place to be.
    God commission structures in place.
    Managers treat you like adults and don't micro manage you.

Cons

Could do with a canteen in the office and maybe some foosball or pool tables in the break out area.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

15 Feb 2016 – Brand Marketing Manager

Thanks for the feedback. Your comments will be past to the management team for review. Oh, and we are working on the table games so watch this space!

"Best place I've worked at"

Current Employee - User Experience in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - User Experience in Manchester, England

I have been working at BrightHR (Less than a year)

Pros

As an employee your ideas are listened to, and your input into everything from the brand to the culture is appreciated. An appreciation of the employee is key, which is refreshing.

Cons

Still in the new company phase, so finding out what works and what doesn't at times. This make the future all the more exciting though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the commitment to keeping employees happy

"Infallible Work Culture"

Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at BrightHR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aside from a unique office which is easy to see, this is genuinely one of best places you could ask to work for.
    Above all else I cant speak higher of the flexibility thats offered. Work/ life balances are supported here to the upmost so for example, I could request a slightly later start to get to a doctors appointment and make the time back the following day - working in sales can feel like being chained to a desk at a battery farm but we’re treated incredibly well here, and well rewarded for results (and hitting the fair targets).
    … I also challenge you to find a company where you can play a round of Fifa or Mortal Kombat on a 50 inch screen during your lunchtime.
    Brilliant, genuinely caring and supportive middle and upper management too.

Cons

As a start up company things are ‘liable to change’, so i've had my roles and pay structures changed back and forth a few times. Goal posts have been moved and its been a case of cracking on with it and pulling together as a team. No struggle = no progress is a given, and it's about growing with the company which, for now, I'm happy with. [N.B. This is something I've spoken to management about and they've offered support and reassurance with this and any other issues I've ever brought up].

Advice to Management

To share realistic expectations and views of current progress, good bad or otherwise.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Lead Developer in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Lead Developer in Manchester, England

I have been working at BrightHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Start up mentality with intent to let best practice flourish. Up to date technology working on a complete rewrite of an old product.

Cons

Some old-fashioned corporate processes still need to be demolished (but management appear to be aware of this and working towards sorting it out).

Direction not always clear (but this is also being addressed)

4 Jan 2016 – Brand Marketing Manager

Thank you for your awesome feedback! As a new business it's important that we continually review the ways we do things and use these learnings for the future, it's great that you've noticed we're ... More