BrightHR Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

BrightHR CEO Paul Tooth
Paul Tooth

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at BrightHR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a fantastic company to work for. The environment is the best, the culture is fun and you can really feel at home. As places to work go, this is near perfect. It's an environment where you feel comfortable and can express yourself regardless of personality type. Every single person is approachable and nice. It's the type of place where the CEO or CMO walks past and you can grab them for a quick chat. The perks really are quality. The office environment is beautiful, there is a garden in the centre of the office with bean bags and tents. There is a huge canteen with PlayStations etc. Free tea and coffee and fruit twice a week. Monthly TGI Friday's, booze and food and quarterly themed dress up days.

Cons

As a rapidly growing start up sometimes you do feel a bit of a departmental divide but that's just about communication which is being worked on. There are lots of nerf guns which can be annoying when trying to focus.

Advice to Management

Keep being brilliant. Because we are growing so fast I see new faces all the time and don't know who they are. Maybe a quick mention on Yammer for all newbies so we know who they are , what they do etc. The photo synopsis which Gemma introduced was a great idea, maybe something similar for all?

2. "Space to test, learn and grow"

Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Manchester, England

I have been working at BrightHR (More than a year)

Pros

A solid culture around data-driven testing and learning has really been embedded, and there's freedom to create and test hypotheses.

Cons

Like any start-up we've been guilty of wanting to get a market-leading product as quickly as possible, and we made mistakes along the way. We've aimed to overcome this by instilling a sense of patience across the business to gather more data before making critical decisions.

Advice to Management

To always listen to what the teams are saying, particularly those with regular face to face contact with the customers, and more importantly those who decide not to become customers.

"Amazing Place To Work"

Current Employee - Sales in Manchester City Centre, England

Pros

* Everyone gets along, managers are down to earth. Everyone is pulling in the right direction to get this product where it needs to be

Cons

None Cons Yet, This may change

"sales"

Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Manchester, England

Pros

great earning potential , fun environment and excellent work and home life balance.

Cons

non I can think of yet

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

"Good Place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Pros

Good management, nice work environment, exudes positivity.

Cons

None at moment as long as they stay on the path they are on.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

"Best place I've worked at"

Current Employee - User Experience in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - User Experience in Manchester, England

I have been working at BrightHR (Less than a year)

Pros

As an employee your ideas are listened to, and your input into everything from the brand to the culture is appreciated. An appreciation of the employee is key, which is refreshing.

Cons

Still in the new company phase, so finding out what works and what doesn't at times. This make the future all the more exciting though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the commitment to keeping employees happy

"Infallible Work Culture"

Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at BrightHR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aside from a unique office which is easy to see, this is genuinely one of best places you could ask to work for.
    Above all else I cant speak higher of the flexibility thats offered. Work/ life balances are supported here to the upmost so for example, I could request a slightly later start to get to a doctors appointment and make the time back the following day - working in sales can feel like being chained to a desk at a battery farm but we’re treated incredibly well here, and well rewarded for results (and hitting the fair targets).
    … I also challenge you to find a company where you can play a round of Fifa or Mortal Kombat on a 50 inch screen during your lunchtime.
    Brilliant, genuinely caring and supportive middle and upper management too.

Cons

As a start up company things are ‘liable to change’, so i've had my roles and pay structures changed back and forth a few times. Goal posts have been moved and its been a case of cracking on with it and pulling together as a team. No struggle = no progress is a given, and it's about growing with the company which, for now, I'm happy with. [N.B. This is something I've spoken to management about and they've offered support and reassurance with this and any other issues I've ever brought up].

Advice to Management

To share realistic expectations and views of current progress, good bad or otherwise.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Lead Developer in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Lead Developer in Manchester, England

I have been working at BrightHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Start up mentality with intent to let best practice flourish. Up to date technology working on a complete rewrite of an old product.

Cons

Some old-fashioned corporate processes still need to be demolished (but management appear to be aware of this and working towards sorting it out).

Direction not always clear (but this is also being addressed)

BrightHR Response

4 Jan 2016 – Brand Marketing Manager

Thank you for your awesome feedback! As a new business it's important that we continually review the ways we do things and use these learnings for the future, it's great that you've noticed we're ... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Pros

Fun and relaxed atmosphere with a garden in the middle of the office and regular nerf gun battles!

It is hard to imagine that a workplace that promotes fun so actively could be as productive as it is but there is no doubt that we get the job done - and have fun at the same time!

The trust in all employees and colleagues, and the belief in the brand means that this is really an extraordinary place to work.

Cons

There is no office toaster...

Advice to Management

Keep workers happy - provide a toaster...please :-)

BrightHR Response

7 Jan 2016 – Brand Marketing Manager

Thank you for this fantastic feedback. Unfortunately, toasters aren't allowed on this floor due to building regulations,. It's not ideal, but hopefully the free teas and coffees and fruit goes some ... More

"A unique working experience in Manchester"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at BrightHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A side from the fun, relaxed environment, the quality of the projects and aspirations of the business is what makes coming to work highly engaging for me. With a background in much more established organisations that had become stuck in their ways. Joining BrightHR has given me the freedom to influence and define the approach the company takes to meet our ambitious objectives. BrightHR through its directors and senior management are taking the time to ensure they are going about the tasks and challenges in the best way possible to ensure a high level of quality and maximum impact to its customers. Now back to the environment, it’s the organisation i have been looking for since joining the workforce, one that values the benefits of play and collaboration to build solid relationships between varying teams. Playstation, Xbox, bucking broncos, limbo and mechanical surfboards are just some of the activities that have brought the team together over the first few months of our existence. It is quite simply one of few places offering this kind of working experience in Manchester.

Cons

The only thing missing is a coffee machine!

Advice to Management

Get a coffee machine!