BrightHR Reviews

Updated 17 May 2021

3.9
BrightHR CEO Alan Price (no image)
Alan Price
Pros
  • "Autonomy, huge earning potential(in 11 reviews)

• "Great atmosphere, support and training, the management want you to earn money(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They don’t pay you full commission unless you hit target they pay you 50%(in 5 reviews)

• "work from home(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fanatic commission and promotion benefits!

17 May 2021 - Business Development Partner in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick development plan Big, life changing commission to be earnt

Cons

Not for everyone, need a strong work ethic and ability to develop quickly

BrightHR Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we're so pleased to hear you're enjoying your time with us! We wish you all the best in your role. Kind regards, Sarah.

2. 5.0

Good Money & Fun

14 Apr 2021 - Sales in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The money is great as long as you get your head down and get on with it. Yes it's a tough gig but earning a 4k a month bonus shouldnt be easy, the money is mad if you can get the hang of it. The team leaders are all ace and provide good support. The Head of Sales is a bit crazy but he gets the job done and overall it's a good place to work if you are a hard worker you will do well.

Cons

The lifts are a pain but other than that their arent really any cons, as long as you dial and work hard you will earn decent money

BrightHR Response

Good morning, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments about your experience so far, we're so pleased you're enjoying your role and we wish you the very best! Thanks, Sarah

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Just don't work here, it's that simple.

22 Feb 2021 - Business Development Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice enough offices. Close to Victoria Trainstation for commuters. Potentially high commission (if your mates with senior management).

Cons

* Floor walking & shouting at people to get back on the phone. *Constantly checking in to see if you have any sales coming in? *Hourly stats e * Someone whose sole job is to email you get back on the phone if you've not been dialing for more than 60 seconds. * There isn't a fair way of distributing opportunities amongst the team, the 14-day limit to close an opp utterly ridiculous. * Opps just taken off you and passed to people who've been there longer. * They've tried to give off this relaxed tech vibe in interviews and that there's no micromanagement, but it's legitimately the complete opposite. * Think more sweatshop/boiler room style with a nicer office. * The "warm leads" have all been rang about 30-40 times a day, to the point where they either scream at you or don't answer. * An insultingly low basic given what the competition on the market offers. * Software that really isn't as good as claimed to be.

12 people found this review helpful

BrightHR Response

Good morning, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We understand that sales is a high pressure role and we do all we can to support our team and provide you with all the tools you need to hit targets and succeed in your role. We operate an open door policy with regards to staff feedback and would still be open to discussing this with you now. If you would like to share, please contact Directors.Office@Brighthr.com. Kind regards.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Shambles

6 Jan 2021 - Sales in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of the staff who work at Bright were genuinely nice

Cons

Where do I start? Targets were increased every single month making it impossible to earn full commission. They don’t pay you full commission unless you hit target they pay you 50%. Management have no clue what is going on and seem to make things up as they go along. Handing out warnings and disciplinaries left right and centre for stupid things. Managers walking round the office screaming at you to dial. Total micromanagement of every single part of your day even for staff who have been there years. Some staff are spoon fed even though they have no actual sales capability. Despite new lockdown measures current employees tell me the sales team are being told they are not allowed to work from home although many other departments in the company are being asked to work from home. Some people earn a lot of money but there is a lot who earn nothing. No onboarding for new starters. No social distancing there is banks of 6 desks right next to each other no 2m distancing in place and the rules seem to change on how senior you are. Any excuse for them to not pay you commission they will. I could write all day long about how bad it is but in short avoid this company at all costs unless you want serious stress and anxiety and love being micromanaged by people who have no idea what they are doing.

14 people found this review helpful

BrightHR Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are glad to hear that you got on well with your team but are concerned about some aspects of your comments. Our CEO would welcome the opportunity to discuss your specific experience in more detail. No directors have received any emails to which your post relates but again please get in touch with him directly at: Directors.Office@Brighthr.com

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

My experience at Bright so far...

2 Apr 2021 - Business Development Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced sales environment with regular incentives and rewards for top performance. Unmatched earning potential through the best commission structure Iv worked with. Real progression opportunities (Iv been promoted after 9 weeks) for people that want growth and development.

Cons

This role isn’t for everyone. It’s fast paced, demanding and ever evolving due to the nature of the sector and the growing demands as a business. Have to be willing to put in extra hours, have to be adaptable and willing to put in the hard work.

BrightHR Response

Good morning, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're really pleased to hear your happy in your role and can see your hard work paying off! All the best, Sarah

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It really is a sad case of how not to treat people

20 Feb 2021 - Sales in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The first few weeks were good until you get to full target and they get their claws into you There is actually a need for our services at the moment

Cons

Where do I begin?... This is a complete dictatorship, there is no room to think for yourself and you are criticised for absolutely everything Contracted from 9-5 but if you are not in for 8:30 then there will be hell to pay You are expected to work 7 days a week The incentives are absolutely nonsense and unbelievably unrealistic The targets have increased every single month since I have been here and used as a stick to beat you with The managers are either useless, petrified or unbelievably power hungry and toxic Social distancing is a myth... it’s actually dangerous working there at the moment You are made to lie about how you work if the inspectors come in or ‘we will be closed down’ I have never seen so many people leave a business in my life... do yourself a favour and don’t join in the first place The atmosphere is extremely negative, any form of enjoyment is unacceptable Such a shame but I wish I never joined and I really mean that

10 people found this review helpful

BrightHR Response

Good morning, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are really sorry to hear your negative comments. We can guarantee that our work space is Covid safe in line with the latest regulations and wherever possible we are facilitating working from home. We are concerned to hear your statements and would be happy to discuss this in more detail. We operate an open door policy for employee concerns and our CEO would be happy to discuss any further opinions you would like to share. please contact Directors.Office@Brighthr.com if you would like to discuss. Kind regards.

7. 5.0

Hard Work Pays Off

2 Apr 2021 - Business Software Consultant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coming into this role i was a bit cautious due to reviews left on this site. With most things there are two sides to a story so was willing to give it a go and after a few weeks of finding my feet its a great place to work. If you go into any job thinking its going to be easy and cash will just fall at your feet then you going to have a hard reality check. If you want to make money then you are going to have to work for it, Fact! I can see people have left and given a total negative view of working here when it could be down to themselves, don't get me wrong there are a few things that could be improved but most of the things that need to be changed are the way people work. I'm quite lucky due to having a lot of experience in and around sales and have seen people new to sales come in and have grown so quickly and are now showing themselves to be a force to be reckoned with, this is down to the support and training given by everyone. Team Members, Team Leaders and Higher Management. Lets put it this way if your going to come here and think "ill do this for a few months till something better comes along" then this is going to show in your work ethic. If you come in thinking I want Money and i want a Career, then this is going to show in your work ethic and how you present yourself. You do hear being shouted out "stand out for the right reasons" Its very true. If you need help, ask for it, if you want better leads, work hard and you will get it. If you sit there plodding along quite and not speaking up then you will come out of this hating something you had every opportunity to change. The management team do listen, they do coach and they do push you to achieve goals. In a nut shell, if your willing to work hard for you cash and make a career for your self then this is the place.

Cons

Only one at the moment and that's the "come on guys, lets push" being shouted across the call floor. Now i understand why this is done as some people, get distracted and need that "Push" to get them focused, for me its annoying. Cuts through me like nails on a chalk board. I am focused and that just messes with my mojo.

BrightHR Response

Good afternoon, thank you so much for your comments and feedback. It's fantastic to read how invested you are in your role and the understanding you already seem to have of the department. We appreciate all comments and are happy to see you have experience of our open door policy. We wish you all the best! Kind regards, Sarah

8. 5.0

Really like the coulture

10 Feb 2021 - BSC in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Started working here a few week ago and was warned its hard work, but worth it. After coming out of training and on to the floor you could see evidence of this straight away. Some of the sales guys are raking in the money but you can see why. This is a place for people who like to knuckle down and get the work done so suits me to a T. The team leaders are really supportive and offer regular incentives. Lunch incentives means free deliveroo and so far ive had Archies and Nandos and other takeaways almost daily. The culture is hard work. Positivity. Team work and Generous commission. Happy to be part of the team.

Cons

There is only one break for lunch which makes it seem like a long day but not too much an issue as it seems to go quickly anyway.

1 person found this review helpful

BrightHR Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience, we're really pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us! Kind regards, Sarah.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great progression and earning potential

11 Dec 2020 - Senior Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is exciting to be part of a growing team and also a business that is constantly developing and getting better and better. Working as a consultant you have the opportunity to create great relationships with clients and deal with a range of cases from end to end. The management team are supportive and approachable across the full office not only the employment law team - regardless of your position leadership put trust in you to have autonomy in your role but also put forward your own suggestions for Bright. The employment law knowledge you gain and develop within the company is amazing and I don’t believe you would get that anywhere else. The salary banding and the other revenue streams means you would be earning elsewhere in HR. The company is fast paced, you need to be resilient, head strong and confident to take on a new challenge everyday but what you get back in return is great. The working hours are great and you can leave at 5pm everyday I see this as a huge benefit as it enables me to have a great work/life balance.

Cons

None I really enjoy my role and everyone there !

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Talent Partner

Thank you for your positive review of your time with BrightHR to date. It's really great to hear that after 3 years service you're still enjoying your time with us and continually learning and developing. We hope you continue to thrive with us and wish you all the best in your career.

10. 4.0

True Agile Software Delivery

18 Jan 2021 - Business Analyst in Manchester City Centre, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The R&D department has a lot of talented people who are always willing to share knowledge Great collaborative working Truly agile, I've worked at some places that claim to be but Bright actually are and will take the time to teach staff who are newer to the methodologies Staff genuinely care about the product and want it to do well Feature team structure works really well, self sufficient teams Not expected to put in extra hours like some companies

Cons

Benefits could be better although they have improved slightly. Lack of sick pay is a big con. Before the pandemic there wasn't much room for flexible working / working from home. Really hope this improves in the future as it makes a huge difference. Old fashioned large corporation values don't mix well with small start up tech area

2 people found this review helpful