Creative Culture Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Creative Culture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of best things at CC is that all the new ideas are taken into account to improve the work processes. Working in a small team gave me the opportunity to get experience in almost all the areas of the company. Very good environment to learn and grow. Well-structured training. Fair and constant feedback. A good workplace for people who like challenges and for those always looking to grow their set of skills.

The multilingual and multicultural side of the company makes the office life even more interesting. I I met great people and learnt a lot about their countries and cultures.

Cons

Sometimes, the job requires staying overtime. But this depends on your pace of work and your level of efficiency.

17 May 2017 – Account Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your time with Creative Culture. We are happy to hear that our teams have given you the opportunity to grow professionally and provided you with the right level... More

2. "High quality company and people"

Current Freelancer - Contractor in London, England
    Current Freelancer - Contractor in London, England

I have been working at Creative Culture (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting and focused.
    Always delivers high quality service so good to work and learn at
    Great team

Cons

Not for those who want to work in a big corporate environment
    Must want to learn and work and get great experience

3. "A deep dive into a unique world within the creative industry"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I worked at Creative Culture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many things that Creative Culture does right, one of which being well-structured training and ongoing review. I've never worked at a job where I received more time with my boss than I did at CC. This allowed me to learn quickly as I received consistent and constructive feedback. Another advantage of working at Creative Culture is (by nature) the cultural diversity. In about a year and a half, I learned more about culture and languages from around the world than I would have in a lifetime. As someone who is passionate about traveling and learning from different lifestyles and backgrounds, this was a huge plus for me. Lastly, and probably most significantly, Creative Culture gave me the opportunity to stretch my scope of work into a number of new and interesting areas. Being a smaller team means you get more flexibility and agility to turn an idea into reality, and the founder definitely encourages and fosters new ideas/initiatives.

Cons

While cultural diversity is an absolute plus in the workplace, a part of me felt as though this worked against the team - not in terms of working effectively together, but more related to the social culture in the office. When I first started I remember the office being very quite - this did change and people opened up over time, but because it was such a small team when I was there, the social culture was affected when someone would leave or join. That said, the benefits of getting to know the team overtime ultimately dispelled these "cons".

Advice to Management

Continue personally investing in the growth and development of your team - this goes such a long way. Always be on the lookout for strengths that you can encourage and reward (both intrinsically and extrinsically) as often as possible!

22 May 2017 – Account Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear it was a particularly positive experience for you both in terms of the knowledge gained and the structure and support that you received during that... More

4. "‘Six months internship, enriching experience’"

I worked at Creative Culture as an intern

Pros

I did an internship with Creative Culture for 6 months in Human Resources. I strongly recommended it. It was my first job experience and as it is a small company I gained experience in various areas. I was involved in the company from the beginning. The training and feedback received allowed me to grow professionally and personally. In addition, the culture of the company is great and as being a multicultural team I learned a lot from different cultures.

Cons

Although I was informed from the beginning, the internship just covers commuting expenses.

22 May 2017 – Account Director

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to make our internship/ volunteer programmes as enriching as possible for participants. We aim to give them hands-on experience, which they can build on for... More

"Unpaid internship - ok for a max of 3 months."

I worked at Creative Culture as an intern

Pros

Structured tasks and support from other team members, small company so exposure to different tasks (recruitment, social media, translation).

Cons

Unpaid 9am-6pm, stressful atmosphere, pressure to complete difficult tasks to deadline, interns are worked hard and feedback can be overly harsh to all team members, slightly bullying culture.

Advice to Management

It would be better not to make interns sign a contract (its illegal), and they shouldn't really be asked to stay longer than 3 months unless there is likelihood of paid work at the end of it (which usually there isn't). Make it clear to potential interns at the outset that they will not be allowed days off for other job interviews or events unless they ask very far in advance, or change this policy and instead of refusing and pressuring them to not go - let them have their day off if they need it - after all, if you aren't paying them, you shouldn't be stopping them from trying to get an actual paid job to support themselves. Indeed, if they're an unpaid intern they shouldn't be required to have a 1 month notice period either. Its a tough employment market, lets not make it harder on them! Interns are required to have foreign languages / a degree, so they aren't completely unemployable elsewhere, you could perhaps show them a little more respect when they're giving you their time for free.

22 May 2017 – Account Director

Thank you very much for your feedback, which we truly value. We strive to implement team members' (interns and employees alike) feedback during or after their stay with Creative Culture, in order to... More