Creative Culture Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Creative Culture Reviews

Updated 14 Nov 2019

3.9
Creative Culture CEO Melanie Chevalier (no image)
Melanie Chevalier
  1. "A challenging and enriching experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Creative Culture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Whilst I began my time with Creative Culture as an intern, I was able to stay on with the company as a Project Manager and subsequently became an Account Manager. As a small company, employees are given myriad opportunities to take on more responsibilities/ get involved in different areas. The experience will be what you make of it; if you put yourself out there, you'll be presented with more opportunities. They've... also got a great system for personal development and growth, combining weekly and monthly reviews to provide constructive feedback to help you thrive.

Cons

As with any company in the industry, there can be stressful periods (holiday rush, etc.) but the team is incredible and the community they create makes even the most difficult of projects fun.

Creative Culture2019-03-10
  2. "Did not pay approved invoices"

Former Freelancer - Freelancer in London, England

I worked at Creative Culture for less than a year

Pros

There aren't many pros when you don't get paid properly.

Cons

Chasing payment with this company is the dreaded combo of being ignored, and inconsistent excuses from management. Freelancers proceed at your own risk!

Advice to Management

Pay your suppliers properly and honour your agreements.

Creative Culture2019-08-27
  3. "High quality company and people"

Current Freelancer - Contractor in London, England

I have been working at Creative Culture for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting and focused. Always delivers high quality service so good to work and learn at Great team

Cons

Not for those who want to work in a big corporate environment Must want to learn and work and get great experience

Creative Culture2019-01-28
  4. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Creative Culture full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of best things at CC is that all the new ideas are taken into account to improve the work processes. Working in a small team gave me the opportunity to get experience in almost all the areas of the company. Very good environment to learn and grow. Well-structured training. Fair and constant feedback. A good workplace for people who like challenges and for those always looking to grow their set of skills.... The multilingual and multicultural side of the company makes the office life even more interesting. I I met great people and learnt a lot about their countries and cultures.

Cons

Sometimes, the job requires staying overtime. But this depends on your pace of work and your level of efficiency.

Creative Culture2017-04-13
  5. "‘Six months internship, enriching experience’"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Creative Culture

Pros

I did an internship with Creative Culture for 6 months in Human Resources. I strongly recommended it. It was my first job experience and as it is a small company I gained experience in various areas. I was involved in the company from the beginning. The training and feedback received allowed me to grow professionally and personally. In addition, the culture of the company is great and as being a multicultural team... I learned a lot from different cultures.

Cons

Although I was informed from the beginning, the internship just covers commuting expenses.

Creative Culture2017-04-05
  6. "A deep dive into a unique world within the creative industry"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I worked at Creative Culture full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are many things that Creative Culture does right, one of which being well-structured training and ongoing review. I've never worked at a job where I received more time with my boss than I did at CC. This allowed me to learn quickly as I received consistent and constructive feedback. Another advantage of working at Creative Culture is (by nature) the cultural diversity. In about a year and a half, I learned... more about culture and languages from around the world than I would have in a lifetime. As someone who is passionate about traveling and learning from different lifestyles and backgrounds, this was a huge plus for me. Lastly, and probably most significantly, Creative Culture gave me the opportunity to stretch my scope of work into a number of new and interesting areas. Being a smaller team means you get more flexibility and agility to turn an idea into reality, and the founder definitely encourages and fosters new ideas/initiatives.

Cons

While cultural diversity is an absolute plus in the workplace, a part of me felt as though this worked against the team - not in terms of working effectively together, but more related to the social culture in the office. When I first started I remember the office being very quite - this did change and people opened up over time, but because it was such a small team when I was there, the social culture was affected... when someone would leave or join. That said, the benefits of getting to know the team overtime ultimately dispelled these "cons".

Advice to Management

Continue personally investing in the growth and development of your team - this goes such a long way. Always be on the lookout for strengths that you can encourage and reward (both intrinsically and extrinsically) as often as possible!

Creative Culture2017-04-04

"Unpaid internship - ok for a max of 3 months."

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Creative Culture

Pros

Structured tasks and support from other team members, small company so exposure to different tasks (recruitment, social media, translation).

Cons

Unpaid 9am-6pm, stressful atmosphere, pressure to complete difficult tasks to deadline, interns are worked hard and feedback can be overly harsh to all team members, slightly bullying culture.

Advice to Management

It would be better not to make interns sign a contract (its illegal), and they shouldn't really be asked to stay longer than 3 months unless there is likelihood of paid work at the end of it (which usually there isn't). Make it clear to potential interns at the outset that they will not be allowed days off for other job interviews or events unless they ask very far in advance, or change this policy and instead of... refusing and pressuring them to not go - let them have their day off if they need it - after all, if you aren't paying them, you shouldn't be stopping them from trying to get an actual paid job to support themselves. Indeed, if they're an unpaid intern they shouldn't be required to have a 1 month notice period either. Its a tough employment market, lets not make it harder on them! Interns are required to have foreign languages / a degree, so they aren't completely unemployable elsewhere, you could perhaps show them a little more respect when they're giving you their time for free.

Creative Culture2015-07-06
  8. "An enriching experience in project management"

Former Intern - Project Management Intern

I worked at Creative Culture for less than a year

Pros

Starting from day 1, you are treated as a member of the team. You are trained regularly on new tasks and it's easy to communicate with other employees if you need help. You are given real responsibilities and your work has a real impact on the company. I definitely learned a lot during this internship.

Cons

Sometimes the office can get quite busy, so everyone has a lot of projects going on at the same time and it's a bit stressful. But the whole team is still supportive and ready to help when it gets too much.

Creative Culture2019-11-14