Creative Culture Reviews

Updated 6 Apr 2020

4.3
Creative Culture CEO Melanie Chevalier (no image)
Melanie Chevalier
  1. "Enriching and rewarding work environment"

Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I have been working at Creative Culture full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects with high level of responsibility from day 1 - Constantly looking to improve processes internally/externally and help employees develop professionally with regular reviews and mentoring - Open to suggestions/feedback and constantly learning as individuals and a team - Very supportive and positive team - Interesting work and clients across a wide range of services

Cons

- Sometimes high pressure and short deadlines resulting in over time work

June 4, 2020Account Director

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that the company gives you the opportunity to grow professionally and provided you with the right level of support with this objective in mind.

2. "A work environment that really enriches you"

I have been working at Creative Culture full-time

Pros

Working at Creative Culture gives you the opportunity to meet many people with different backgrounds. This is a true enriching experience. From external collaborators to colleagues, you learn constantly, and you grow both personally and professionally.

Cons

Sometimes the deadlines are strict, but there is always an understandable reason for that.

March 31, 2020Account Director

Many thanks for your review. We are pleased to hear you appreciate the working environment at Creative Culture. We do make it a point for it to be rewarding and for our team to always learn and grow.

3. "Lovely company to freelance for"

Current Freelancer - Freelancer

I have been working at Creative Culture for more than 5 years

Pros

- Prompt payment: I've worked for Creative Culture in a freelance capacity for five years and never had a single late payment. The payment terms are 30 days from receipt of invoice, which is the same as, if not better than, most agencies. - Interesting projects: Creative Culture focuses on transcreation and marketing, so their projects offer plenty of scope for creativity - lots of the most memorable projects from my freelance career have come from CC. The work is really varied, too: I’ve worked on translation, transcreation, copywriting, copy editing, cultural assessments, subtitling, etc. etc. - Professional PMs: everyone in the CC team is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Questions are always answered quickly and it’s clear that all team members take pride in the end product. - Extensive briefs and reference materials: every project comes with a detailed brief and comments (this is really helpful for transcreation and copywriting projects). - Budgets tend to be fairly generous.

Cons

- Unusual workflow: Not really a con as such, but something that may take a little time to get used to. CC asks freelancers to write extensive comments for the end client (the budget covers this) and they work with Word documents and spreadsheets instead of CAT tools and TMs. This is a little more time-consuming, but on the plus side there’s no discounting based on the TM analysis.

January 7, 2020Account Director

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to hear you enjoy working with our teams and for our clients' exciting projects.

"Did not pay approved invoices"

1.0
    Former Freelancer - Freelancer in London, England

I worked at Creative Culture for less than a year

Pros

There aren't many pros when you don't get paid properly.

Cons

Chasing payment with this company is the dreaded combo of being ignored, and inconsistent excuses from management. Freelancers proceed at your own risk!

December 12, 2019Account Director

Thank you for your review, which is very important to us.We are terribly sorry to hear there have been miscommunications with our accounts department. It is one of our priorities to ensure that our external partners are remunerated to a fair rate and timely. We have policies into place in this regard: a Supplier Code of Conduct and a Statement on the Modern Slavery Act. We also have developed some additional training and webinar to support our partners' professional development over the past twelve months and those have received excellent feedback.To date, we've had excellent track record ensuring payments to our external partners are undertaken twice per month.We also welcome them to reach out to their main point of contact (a project manager) when our accounts team is on annual leave or during their days of absence.For future requests, we also invite you to copy pms.support@creativecultureint.com in any of your queries.

5. "A challenging and enriching experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Creative Culture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Whilst I began my time with Creative Culture as an intern, I was able to stay on with the company as a Project Manager and subsequently became an Account Manager. As a small company, employees are given myriad opportunities to take on more responsibilities/ get involved in different areas. The experience will be what you make of it; if you put yourself out there, you'll be presented with more opportunities. They've also got a great system for personal development and growth, combining weekly and monthly reviews to provide constructive feedback to help you thrive.

Cons

As with any company in the industry, there can be stressful periods (holiday rush, etc.) but the team is incredible and the community they create makes even the most difficult of projects fun.

March 11, 2019Account Director

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves for being able to retain key employees in an industry that is fairly volatile. Working at Creative Culture is certainly about learning and growing. We are pleased to have helped some fantastic talent develop and learn about the tricks of the business since our creation ten years ago. Our view on professional development is certainly that of allowing our teams to grow in areas that interest them whilst giving them a chance to take on a range of responsibilities within the organisation. An opportunity that only smaller structures can offer. The industry we evolve in (marcomms, advertising, languages and cultures) is certainly time pressured and we ought to be able to accommodate our clients' needs while always trying to educate them on the real difference additional time can make on the final output. The team is close-knit and supportive and will always aim to help each other where they can during those busy periods.

6. "High quality company and people"

4.0
    Current Freelancer - Contractor in London, England

I have been working at Creative Culture for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting and focused. Always delivers high quality service so good to work and learn at Great team

Cons

Not for those who want to work in a big corporate environment Must want to learn and work and get great experience

March 11, 2019Account Director

Thank you for your review. As a human-size company, people are absolutely key to a our culture and success. Hearing from outside partners that our team is indeed top-quality is always very rewarding both for them and for the management team who mentors and trains them. Quality is absolutely at the heart of everything we do and there will never be any compromising of it. Our size is certainly a strength when it comes to developing relationships with colleagues at all levels, including management. We pride ourselves for offering a high level of structure in training and development vs. most SMEs. Corporate is probably not what qualifies us as a company.

7. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Creative Culture full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of best things at CC is that all the new ideas are taken into account to improve the work processes. Working in a small team gave me the opportunity to get experience in almost all the areas of the company. Very good environment to learn and grow. Well-structured training. Fair and constant feedback. A good workplace for people who like challenges and for those always looking to grow their set of skills. The multilingual and multicultural side of the company makes the office life even more interesting. I I met great people and learnt a lot about their countries and cultures.

Cons

Sometimes, the job requires staying overtime. But this depends on your pace of work and your level of efficiency.

May 17, 2017Account Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your time with Creative Culture. We are happy to hear that our teams have given you the opportunity to grow professionally and provided you with the right level of support with this objective in mind. We truly believe in the benefits of a collaborative working environment and welcome all employees' feedback and thoughts on how we can improve our ways of working both with internal and external stakeholders.

8. "A deep dive into a unique world within the creative industry"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I worked at Creative Culture full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are many things that Creative Culture does right, one of which being well-structured training and ongoing review. I've never worked at a job where I received more time with my boss than I did at CC. This allowed me to learn quickly as I received consistent and constructive feedback. Another advantage of working at Creative Culture is (by nature) the cultural diversity. In about a year and a half, I learned more about culture and languages from around the world than I would have in a lifetime. As someone who is passionate about traveling and learning from different lifestyles and backgrounds, this was a huge plus for me. Lastly, and probably most significantly, Creative Culture gave me the opportunity to stretch my scope of work into a number of new and interesting areas. Being a smaller team means you get more flexibility and agility to turn an idea into reality, and the founder definitely encourages and fosters new ideas/initiatives.

Cons

While cultural diversity is an absolute plus in the workplace, a part of me felt as though this worked against the team - not in terms of working effectively together, but more related to the social culture in the office. When I first started I remember the office being very quite - this did change and people opened up over time, but because it was such a small team when I was there, the social culture was affected when someone would leave or join. That said, the benefits of getting to know the team overtime ultimately dispelled these "cons".

May 22, 2017Account Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear it was a particularly positive experience for you both in terms of the knowledge gained and the structure and support that you received during that period. Cultural diversity can come with some challenges but, particularly as a company of our specialisation, it is a key focus to ensure that it acts as a stimulating factor and that we are able to tackle any challenges that may arise. We are constantly implementing new programmes to facilitate working with peers from other horizons. Over the years, we have fine-tuned our growth and personal development programmes and receive particularly positive feedback from employees and volunteers. Reward plans have also been implemented across areas of the business as our ambition is to develop a nurturing environment that employees and volunteers want to grow in and be part of in the long run.

9. "‘Six months internship, enriching experience’"

4.0
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Creative Culture

Pros

I did an internship with Creative Culture for 6 months in Human Resources. I strongly recommended it. It was my first job experience and as it is a small company I gained experience in various areas. I was involved in the company from the beginning. The training and feedback received allowed me to grow professionally and personally. In addition, the culture of the company is great and as being a multicultural team I learned a lot from different cultures.

Cons

Although I was informed from the beginning, the internship just covers commuting expenses.

May 22, 2017Account Director

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to make our internship/ volunteer programmes as enriching as possible for participants. We aim to give them hands-on experience, which they can build on for career development purposes. We pride ourselves for having very structured processes and tools (particularly for an SME) that allow all workers to benefit from professional development plans. We believe that the multicultural environment in which we work is particularly favourable to gaining insight into various ways of working and cross-cultural enrichment, from both a personal and professional perspective. As a small company, we work hard to ensure that the experience acquired can make up for the unpaid nature of the internship/ volunteer programmes and always aim to be as flexible as we can so that interns can fit the internship in with their personal requirements (allowing for a part-time job on the side or reducing the duration of the internship where possible).

"Unpaid internship - ok for a max of 3 months."

2.0
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Creative Culture

Pros

Structured tasks and support from other team members, small company so exposure to different tasks (recruitment, social media, translation).

Cons

Unpaid 9am-6pm, stressful atmosphere, pressure to complete difficult tasks to deadline, interns are worked hard and feedback can be overly harsh to all team members, slightly bullying culture.

May 22, 2017Account Director

Thank you very much for your feedback, which we truly value. We strive to implement team members' (interns and employees alike) feedback during or after their stay with Creative Culture, in order to continuously improve our internal processes and build a constructive and enjoyable working environment for all. We are particularly pleased to hear that you appreciated the exposure to a variety of tasks, as well as the ongoing support from our teams. We are strong believers that unpaid internships should benefit interns by means of giving them the opportunity to grow and gain as much experience as they can in various areas, shape their understanding of the market, offer direction in terms of areas they are particularly interested and show potential in, as well as providing hands-on experience that they can carry over into their next position. This is why we give interns responsibilities and concrete projects to take part in (always with the support of our teams). We are sorry to hear if this is not what you might have been expecting when you first started. The industries we work in (languages and international marketing/ advertising) are certainly fast-paced and the projects we are involved in are often subject to tight deadlines. It is our ambition to accompany our clients to the best of our capacity. However, we aim to relieve interns from as much pressure as possible when they are to be involved in any aspect of a live project, which is always lead by our senior team of account managers. Company policy is to help support professional development for all workers (interns and employees alike) and over the past few years, we have formalised a plan to track and support their growth, including weekly written reviews between workers and one dedicated line manager and monthly reviews in person, as well as appraisals that include growth development plans. Workers are always given the opportunity to voice their suggestions and any concerns they may have during this process. Our agreements have been designed with a qualified legal team and are 100% compliant with British requirements. Volunteer agreements clearly outline workers' rights, and no such mention of a month's notice or restrictions related to time off are included. We are sorry to hear you might have been under the impression that time off may be restricted when it is clarified during workers' first day induction that they are allowed to take time off, particularly when related to personal emergencies and in order to attend job interviews that will support their career development. Following your feedback, we will ensure this is further formalised in order to avoid any possible confusion in the future. Lastly, we would like to apologise for the delay in getting back to you. We recently opened our Glassdoor account and only just came across your review.

Found 12 reviews