Creative Culture Reviews

Updated 25 May 2021

Found 29 of over 29 reviews

4.9
Creative Culture CEO Melanie Chevalier (no image)
Melanie Chevalier
  1. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 1 year

Best of the best

23 Feb 2021 - Freelance Transcreator in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've had the luck to work for Creative Culture for the past 2 and a half years and it's been an outstanding experience. As far as I'm concerned they are the closest to the ideal place for a freelance translator to work for. Extremely professional, incredibly supportive, always punctual with deadlines and (rarer in the field) with payments (which, incidentally, are what what should be in the profession). Their feedback is always respectful yet extremely stimulating to reflect on one's work and to improve future performance. And the staff are amazing (I also had the chance to meet them in person) : friendly, patient, professional, knowledgeable, responsive... I really cannot give them enough praise.

Cons

I can't think or find a single fault. If only others had the same standards...

Operations Manager

Thank you for your wonderful words; it is great to hear your experience with us has gone well so far! We look forward to collaborating further in the future

2. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 5 years

Great partner for long-term collaboration

23 Feb 2021 - Freelance Translator in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great attention to detail, pleasant communication, timely feedback

Cons

Sometimes fast turnover of PMs

Operations Manager

Thank you for your positive feedback and kind words! We are glad your time with us is going well so far

3. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Fast-paced environment, dynamic, good learning and training as intern

30 Jan 2021 - Project Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Project ownership, nice colleagues, good exposure to marketing transcreation

Cons

Can be very busy and sometimes stressful, internship is unpaid

Operations Manager

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. It is great to hear you enjoyed your experience with us!

4. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 5 years

Lovely company to freelance for

16 Dec 2019 - Freelancer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Prompt payment: I've worked for Creative Culture in a freelance capacity for five years and never had a single late payment. The payment terms are 30 days from receipt of invoice, which is the same as, if not better than, most agencies. - Interesting projects: Creative Culture focuses on transcreation and marketing, so their projects offer plenty of scope for creativity - lots of the most memorable projects from my freelance career have come from CC. The work is really varied, too: I’ve worked on translation, transcreation, copywriting, copy editing, cultural assessments, subtitling, etc. etc. - Professional PMs: everyone in the CC team is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Questions are always answered quickly and it’s clear that all team members take pride in the end product. - Extensive briefs and reference materials: every project comes with a detailed brief and comments (this is really helpful for transcreation and copywriting projects). - Budgets tend to be fairly generous.

Cons

- Unusual workflow: Not really a con as such, but something that may take a little time to get used to. CC asks freelancers to write extensive comments for the end client (the budget covers this) and they work with Word documents and spreadsheets instead of CAT tools and TMs. This is a little more time-consuming, but on the plus side there’s no discounting based on the TM analysis.

Account Director

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to hear you enjoy working with our teams and for our clients' exciting projects.

5. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Great translation agency & lovely PMs

24 Aug 2020 - Italian Marketing Translation & Localization Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ultra-clear instructions, reasonable turnaround times and budgets

Cons

Nothing negative to say, really!

Account Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying working with the team and on our transcreation projects!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Enriching and rewarding work environment

6 Apr 2020 - Project Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects with high level of responsibility from day 1 - Constantly looking to improve processes internally/externally and help employees develop professionally with regular reviews and mentoring - Open to suggestions/feedback and constantly learning as individuals and a team - Very supportive and positive team - Interesting work and clients across a wide range of services

Cons

- Sometimes high pressure and short deadlines resulting in over time work

Account Director

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that the company gives you the opportunity to grow professionally and provided you with the right level of support with this objective in mind.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

A work environment that really enriches you

16 Mar 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Creative Culture gives you the opportunity to meet many people with different backgrounds. This is a true enriching experience. From external collaborators to colleagues, you learn constantly, and you grow both personally and professionally.

Cons

Sometimes the deadlines are strict, but there is always an understandable reason for that.

Account Director

Many thanks for your review. We are pleased to hear you appreciate the working environment at Creative Culture. We do make it a point for it to be rewarding and for our team to always learn and grow.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A challenging and enriching experience

10 Mar 2019 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Whilst I began my time with Creative Culture as an intern, I was able to stay on with the company as a Project Manager and subsequently became an Account Manager. As a small company, employees are given myriad opportunities to take on more responsibilities/ get involved in different areas. The experience will be what you make of it; if you put yourself out there, you'll be presented with more opportunities. They've also got a great system for personal development and growth, combining weekly and monthly reviews to provide constructive feedback to help you thrive.

Cons

As with any company in the industry, there can be stressful periods (holiday rush, etc.) but the team is incredible and the community they create makes even the most difficult of projects fun.

Account Director

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves for being able to retain key employees in an industry that is fairly volatile. Working at Creative Culture is certainly about learning and growing. We are pleased to have helped some fantastic talent develop and learn about the tricks of the business since our creation ten years ago. Our view on professional development is certainly that of allowing our teams to grow in areas that interest them whilst giving them a chance to take on a range of responsibilities within the organisation. An opportunity that only smaller structures can offer. The industry we evolve in (marcomms, advertising, languages and cultures) is certainly time pressured and we ought to be able to accommodate our clients' needs while always trying to educate them on the real difference additional time can make on the final output. The team is close-knit and supportive and will always aim to help each other where they can during those busy periods.

9. 1.0
    Former Freelancer, less than 1 year

Did not pay approved invoices

27 Aug 2019 - Freelancer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There aren't many pros when you don't get paid properly.

Cons

Chasing payment with this company is the dreaded combo of being ignored, and inconsistent excuses from management. Freelancers proceed at your own risk!

1 person found this review helpful

Account Director

Thank you for your review, which is very important to us.We are terribly sorry to hear there have been miscommunications with our accounts department. It is one of our priorities to ensure that our external partners are remunerated to a fair rate and timely. We have policies into place in this regard: a Supplier Code of Conduct and a Statement on the Modern Slavery Act. We also have developed some additional training and webinar to support our partners' professional development over the past twelve months and those have received excellent feedback.To date, we've had excellent track record ensuring payments to our external partners are undertaken twice per month.We also welcome them to reach out to their main point of contact (a project manager) when our accounts team is on annual leave or during their days of absence.For future requests, we also invite you to copy pms.support@creativecultureint.com in any of your queries.

10. 4.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

High quality company and people

28 Jan 2019 - Contractor in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting and focused. Always delivers high quality service so good to work and learn at Great team

Cons

Not for those who want to work in a big corporate environment Must want to learn and work and get great experience

Account Director

Thank you for your review. As a human-size company, people are absolutely key to a our culture and success. Hearing from outside partners that our team is indeed top-quality is always very rewarding both for them and for the management team who mentors and trains them. Quality is absolutely at the heart of everything we do and there will never be any compromising of it. Our size is certainly a strength when it comes to developing relationships with colleagues at all levels, including management. We pride ourselves for offering a high level of structure in training and development vs. most SMEs. Corporate is probably not what qualifies us as a company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews