Cummins Behavioral Health Systems Reviews

Updated 11 Apr 2020

3.1
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems President and CEO Amy Mace (no image)
Amy Mace
0 Rating
  1. "Typical Community Mental Health"

Former Employee - Therapist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

School assigned was amazing, great supervisors and support for first year therapist

Cons

quotas, meetings, lack of supplies

2. "Culture of Cummins Behavioral Health"

Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The colleagues I work with are wonderful, supportive staff, passion for helping members within the community.

Cons

Leadership is not supportive of staff, there is a punitive work culture which leads to high turn over rates.

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Life Skills Specialist

I worked at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with kids and families. Good staff.

Cons

This company claims to promote self- care of employees, but it does not. They suck the souls of everyone who works for then. Management is more concerned about their bottomline (quantity vs. quality).

"Life Skills Specialist School-Based"

4.0
     in Avon, IN

I have been working at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems for less than a year

Pros

Awesome management and wonderful team members

Cons

Pay is low for the amount of work and time put in

January 17, 2019Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do like to think that we have wonderful team members and an awsome management team. Every year we compare our salaries against the other community mental health centers in Indiana, and we are always on par with their average salary, and in many cases we actually have higher salaries.

"Not a good place to work"

I worked at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems full-time

Pros

Can be a good company

Cons

Management sucks dose not have any leadership skills

January 17, 2019Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. We have policies and processes in place you could have used to reach out and address the issue you were having. We continue to train our staff on current best practices, including being good leaders so that Cummins is a great place to come to work.

6. "Life Skills Specialist"

5.0

I have been working at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems full-time

Pros

Independence in the workplace, the ability to really define your skill sets.

Cons

nothing except my commute to work

January 17, 2019Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Cummins is a learning organization that is committed to supporting employee professional development so you can keep improving your skill set.

"Cummins LSS"

Former Employee - Life Skills Specialist in Greencastle, IN

I worked at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

I felt that my supervisor and team lead were very supportive and helpful - they always said they were working if their employees are working. I felt the relationships between LSS and therapists were good as well. Wraparound was amazing to be a part of! I enjoyed being able to communicate openly with psychologists as well.

Cons

There are a lot of politics in the company and supervisors/team leads take sides of their "work buddies" rather than valued employees who have been there for a while. Burnout occurred often, but co-workers were helpful if you consistently make your hours. I personally did not enjoy home visits over summer/winter breaks; too much milage on personal vehicles. I had to catch-up on work at home just to meet my hours/meet DCS requirements.

Continue reading

"Loved my work & consumers, disliked the lack of focus/support employees."

Former Employee - Life Skills Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is good, I was paid more for being bilingual! The consumers and the work you do is fulfilling in every way!

Cons

Micromanaging on part of team lead. Schedule requirement for school based. Lack of ability to recognize burn out and support to overcome - especially for being a mental health organization!

"Not employee friendly"

Former Employee - Office in Avon, IN

I worked at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None that I can come up with

Cons

CEO does not value staff. Micro manages using fear tactics. Low salaries. Poor PTO. Promotions not based on merit. Much favoritism.

Continue reading

"Good first job for recent grads"

Former Employee - Therapist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Immediate supervisors (team leads, professional development specialists, program directors) are very knowledgeable and supportive. Clinical supervision is provided for licensure. E-learning program provides free CEUs. Opportunity to help children and families struggling with mental health issues. Good trainings on topics such family therapy, trauma informed care, and CBT.

Cons

High turnover due to salary and benefits not being competitive. Other community mental health agencies in Indianapolis provide greater pay and benefits. You have to work 6 months before taking PTO and PTO accrues month-to-month. Salaries are way below the national and state average.

Found 24 reviews