DataStax Reviews

Updated 14 May 2021

4.0
DataStax CEO Chet Kapoor
Chet Kapoor
Pros
  • "We are actively engaged with the open source software community(in 27 reviews)

• "Most of us work from home but we collaborate a lot better than when I used to work in offices for other companies(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You will compete against Cassandra open source(in 13 reviews)

• "New CEO is driving the company off a cliff(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great, fast paced environment with great employee growth

15 Mar 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

opportunity to get involved in exciting, complex, and ground-breaking work

Cons

no cons to speak of

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Maverick hiring ethics

21 Nov 2020 - User Researcher
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was lucky I didn’t end up working there

Cons

They wasted my time and caused unnecessary stress

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company, great people, great ambition

13 Jan 2021 - Head of Human Resources EMEA in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work with so many super smart people We have great talent Love the wellness benefit Great at making working from home work - they've been doing it for a while so were ahead of the curve.

Cons

Unable to meet my colleagues in person yet - hopefully we'll be allowed to do this soon

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

great tech, poor snr mgmt and execution

20 Jan 2021 - Sales in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great tech, some very loyal customers

Cons

poor snr mgmt and execution

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Energy + Strategy + Execution = Winning

14 Jul 2020 - Sales in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Energy. This is the place if you want to be part of something - Strategy. The community and customers love the new strategy. Embracing open source has been a big accelerant - Execution. This is a great place to learn, thrive, and make money for execution-oriented salespeople. Sales management/sales culture is data-driven and collaborative.

Cons

This is a rocket ship - things are moving very fast. You've got to be ready to work hard and adapt as we grow

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

WARNING - DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE JOINING THE COMPANY

3 Apr 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zero. None what so ever.

Cons

Having worked and left the company sometime ago, it is such a shame to see and hear all the 10 years of hard work by the previous leadership team is now being destroyed. The company I experienced had a great team culture but has now been turned into an unpleasant environment. The culture of all great companies is driven from the top down and it is evident with what is happening the current CEO has successfully creating a toxic one.... you just have to read all the negative reviews here to believe it. My understanding is there have been a minimum of 3 rounds of lay offs in the last 5 months - 2 of which were either side of Christmas (!!) and the other last month! Considering what is going on in the world with COVID-19, the latest round of redundancies shows a lack of empathy and judgement by not only the leadership team but also the local HR teams. This cost cutting exercise is clearly in preparation for the company to be sold to the first bidder, so if you do decide to join expect a very miserable short term ride.

11 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A fresh DataStax and a better journey

7 May 2020 - Developer Relations
      Business Outlook

Pros

The tide has turned and we are ready to have a huge impact on the world. Great new direction recognising the need for community relations being at the heart of what we do. Always busy but never not looking forward to what is next to come. Nice working culture and structure and never feel like you are under surveillance

Cons

Startup mentality can sometimes take the polish off of things Being distributed sometimes means missing out on crucial updates or receiving them way past the fact

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best experience

27 Aug 2020 - Technical Support Engineer Intern in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team and excellent work ethic.

Cons

None come to mind at the moment

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company with an incredibly talented team

8 Mar 2020 - Finance
      Business Outlook

Pros

DataStax is an extremely fast paced company, with an exceptional leadership team. With the new executive team onboard there is a clear focus on the technology, enterprises and the community. The company is full of super passionate, caring, kind and intelligent people and it is a seriously awesome place to work.

Cons

Still trying to find one !

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company, great culture, challenging work

20 Apr 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people. New exec team have a clear outlook for the future. The work is stimulating and colleagues are incredibly supportive. Great package and incentive schemes.

Cons

None that I can find.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 334 Reviews