DataStax Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DataStax Interview Questions

Interviews at DataStax

3.1

Talent Acquisition Interview

Interview

Very efficient interview process - they move quicker than most companies and the recruiter acts as your partner so you aren't left in the dark or waiting for next steps.

Sales Development Representative (SDR) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (Denver, CO (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

The interview process was seamless and easy to schedule. I appreciated the attention to detail on their end as well as the ability to really get every question I had answered to the fullest.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your previous roles and how they have lead you to this opportunity and how they will help you excel in it?   Answer Question

DataStax Response

24 Sep 2020

We are thrilled that you loved your interview experience and thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put candidate experience and satisfaction as our top priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DataStax.

Interview

This interview was very awkward. Apparently my recruiter had got let go and I was left with a bunch of people who didn’t know what to do. My interview was 20 mins late. Which was fine... the Interviewers were just asking general questions... seemed like they were not interested. They all seemed a little down as well. Giving me zombie vibes. Place was like a ghost town, My guess is that this company is going down under. They kept inquiring about my current job...almost trying to see what’s out there in the market. No one ever reached out to me afterwards. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• General questions, What are you looking for? Describe job duties   Answer Question

DataStax Response

14 Jul 2020

Our sincere apologies that your experience with DataStax was anything other than exceptional. As part of the Global Talent Acquisition team, we work hard to ensure that each candidate receives a noteworthy and consistent candidate experience. This includes multiple touchpoints during our process so you learn more about us as we learn more about you. Your feedback is appreciated and we will look to better understand where we can improve.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DataStax.

Interview

Quick interview process. Had a 30 minute phone call with hiring manager. Asked what I knew about the company, why I was interested in the role, and past experience.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax in December 2019.

Interview

Emails with first recruiter, emails and phone call with second recruiter, take-home test, and several video conference interviews from remote workers. The second recruiter is mostly offering a sales pitch about the product and HQ culture, even though they are not hiring for HQ.

Interview Questions

• There will be an at-home evaluation project requiring 40 to 80 hours to complete.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DataStax.

Interview

I can now confirm that many of the things about this company are true.
    Exceedingly lengthy interview process, far too long than necessary.
    They love to sell you on their company culture. How awesome everyone is, how everyone is soooooo happy to be there, blah blah blah.
    But you can quickly tell it's all BS. They turnover there is staggering, just ask one of their customers. They constantly complain how they are constantly dealing with new people and have to rehash things with the new reps, and once they get caught up they either leave Datastax or get fired.
    The main gain interviewed with there has left the company, he didn't even last a year there.
    The interview was for a basic sales job, it took almost 2 months from beginning to end. Everything was going great until the very end when I was told they wouldn't move forward with me. When I inquired as to why, the 2 recruiters there said they'd ask and get me feedback but that didn't happen. The one guy emailed me some vague, dodgy, BS response.

Interview Questions

• Some typical questions, nothing special or out of the ordinary.
      Did get asked some cheesy questions you'd expect to get out of some book written by an inspirational speaker.... lame.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (Remote, OR (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on Linkedin. Spoke to hiring manager. They wanted me to spend 20+ hours building a Cassandra application. I was unable to access the sandbox cloud environment that they wanted me to use. They expect you to drop your day job to do free tech work for a job interview. I work 60+ hours a week and don't have time for this crap.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experiences   1 Answer
    • What was difficult situation with a customer and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax in June 2019.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me sounding very enthused. When I finally had the initial tech interview it was pretty low quality: we never got a real conversation going, and the interviewer just read off a standard list of behavioral questions like you might pull out of a manual. The day after, they selected a candidate who had already been through the full set of interviews, which means I didn't knock their socks off - fine, I'll accept that - but left me feeling like they had a choice but weren't fully confident in themselves, "what if we try just one more just in case we find something better". Didn't leave me with a good impression.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a bad decision   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax.

Interview

First round was an one-hour interview on Google Meet. I was tested on my resume, projects, Python and Ansible skills and was also told about the role's responsibilities. In about a week, I received call for solving a technical problem and the test data was given with it. It took several hours to complete this. But in few days, received an intimation from that this position was filled.

Applicant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DataStax.

Interview

Spent three months in the interview process, most of the people I talked to sounded like they didn't like their job. One of them might have wanted the role I was interviewing for, and tried to talk me out of it. Each of the interviewers sounded like they were trying to prep me for a political battle I would face upon entering the organization, and that sales leadership wasn't very open to suggestions. The whole process ended with silence on their end anyway.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.