DataStax Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 135 of over 135 interviews

Employee Referral26%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (Santa Clara, CA)

Interview

The interview process had five rounds in total. The first interview was a screening interview with a recruiter, followed by 1 technical, 1 presentation (demo of an app you built using datastax services) and 2 behavioral interviews. The last round was different from the other behavioral interviews, because it is centered around Datastax core values.

Interview Questions
  • Why Datastax? (expect it in all rounds)
    Answer Question
  • Presentation: This round is a ROLE PLAY, where you'll carry the meeting as if you are pitching for a Datastax product/service. 1. Set the stage for the presentation 2. Present the solution and capabilities of Datastax Product/service. 3. Demo and code review of your application

DataStax

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DataStax in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process was quick! It was a 5 step interview process. Talked with the recruiter first, then did a Recruiter Linkedin Live Search with the potential team that I would be joining, then spoke with the Recruiting Manager, and Recruiting Coordinator, and lastly a Values Interview with someone outside of the organization that I would be joining.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly about what tools, I have used in my recruiting career, how I managed relationships, and questions about Linkedin Recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at DataStax (Allen, TX) in Aug 2021

Interview

Interviewed with HR Representative, Hiring Manager and a current Engagement Manager. All three calls were less than 1 hour. These took place on separate days and each interview was a gateway to the next. I had a final discussion with the HR representative where an offer was presented.

Interview Questions
  • A significant portion of the interview was get to know you type of stuff. I was able to share many scenarios where my direct experience highlighted how well I had historically been able to address challenging situations in the past.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at DataStax (Dallas, TX) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process completed in one week (I cannot remember but I think I had done 5 rounds) and I was given the feed back the very next week. I felt like DataStax Recruiting team moves very fast with setting up interviews, getting feedbacks from the hiring managers and getting the offer out. Most of the interviews were technical but the last one is they would test you if you align with their core principles.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding Cassandra internals DataStax core values

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (London, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

The remote interview process took three weeks with several stages. The formal process involved a first introductory call followed by a real case exercise around a technical resolution combined with customer service skills and use of Astra services. The next part was about repairing a broken Cassandra cluster and Linux OS skills. Finally a base competence and values interview.

Interview Questions
  • There were many interview question with strong technical skill components but also focused on DataStax values and products.

DataStax

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax in Jul 2021

Interview

The interview process at DataStax was unlike any other interview process I’ve experienced. And I mean that in a GREAT way. I spoke with a few different people, but each interview served a clear purpose. And looking back, each interview allowed me to make an informed decision in the end. What I found most refreshing was the values interview; basically situational Q/A on how my values align with the business. This was not only refreshing but it proved to me that DataStax isn’t all talk when it comes to their commitment to values, culture and D&I.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (Santa Clara, CA) in Jul 2021

Interview

Typical process - Screening, Interview with Hiring Manager, Interview with Counterpart of Hiring Manager, Presentation and Executive Interview. Overall very normal process. But what I really loved was the transparency from the recruiters and how they were super clear on what was happening. I hate waiting to hear back, the recruiters would contact right away and tell me what’s going on and thoughts

Interview Questions
  • Previous experience Understanding of Databases and NoSQL Technology Open source experience Sales process

DataStax

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax in Jul 2021

Interview

Key Highlights from the interview process: 1) Multiple technical rounds of Interview, followed by few non-technical rounds 2) Interviewers were very knowledgeable and tried to understand me from what I have done in past and how much explorer I had to be able to work in the desired role 3) Interviewers were very soft spoken/polite and bounds easily to have an effective two way conversation to be able to understand each other better in the limited interview timeframe 4) I got enough time between each scheduled interviews to be able to relax and appear for the next one 5) Interview was a bit difficult as Interviewers had in-depth knowledge about the product from Inside, however this had never been a show stopper as their AIM was to get to know the candidate technically as much as possible 5) Overall I would give 5-Stars for the Interview Process

Interview Questions
  • Sorry, I don't want to disclose interview questions, that would be unfair.

DataStax

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at DataStax in Jul 2021

Interview

The whole process was about 3 weeks, I first spoke with a recruiter, next a BDR manager, next I spoke with a BDR, then with a VP and last an ethics interview with another VP.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2021

Interview

- Recruiter call to understand my background and help me understand about the company - Screening interview with hiring manager - Coding exercise - Tech interview with my future colleagues - Values interview

Interview Questions
  • Coding exercise, behavioral questions focussed on companies cultural values.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 135 Interviews