Defaqto Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Defaqto Reviews

Updated 16 Sep 2019

Found 25 reviews

4.7
Defaqto CEO Zahid Bilgrami (no image)
Zahid Bilgrami
  1. "abc"

Current Employee - Finance Director

I have been working at Defaqto full-time

Pros

really great people to woerk with

Cons

there are no downsides to them

Defaqto2019-09-16
  2. "Ups and downs"

I worked at Defaqto full-time

Pros

Good benefits package Convenient location Always plenty going on to work on Free fruit

Cons

Bad parking High levels of stress

Defaqto2019-06-12

August 27, 2019Head of HR

It's great to read you felt our benefits package was good and that you had plenty of work to do however I’m sorry to hear that you had high levels of stress and found the parking situation bad. We continue to promote flexible working, homeworking, car sharing and cycling to help ...

3. "Marketing"

I have been working at Defaqto full-time

Pros

Great culture - friendly, supportive and flexible. Interesting and good variety of work in a growing business. Opportunities to really make a difference.

Cons

Very few that can't be overcome as the business listens and reacts well to ideas.

Defaqto2019-05-08

August 27, 2019Head of HR

It's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying the culture at Defaqto and you feel you have the opportunity to really make a difference here. We will continue to listen and work to overcome any ‘cons’ that are raised with us.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Haddenham, England

I have been working at Defaqto part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Friendly, treated fairly, good benefits, great place to work.

Cons

Nothing bad to say really

Defaqto2019-05-02

August 27, 2019Head of HR

Thank you for your positive feedback, it's good to hear that you feel treated fairly and that Defaqto is a great place to work - we'll aim to keep this up!

5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Haddenham, South East England, England

I have been working at Defaqto part-time for less than a year

Pros

Genuinely a great place to work. Everyone is friendly, professional and approachable including directors. Wellbeing of employees is prioritised with on-site yoga and pilates classes, mindful meditation, free fruit, employee assistance programme, flexible working, FitPlan - the list goes on. Ever since I joined Defaqto I've felt supported and that my contribution is appreciated.

Cons

The office can get quite warm (I'm not looking forward to Summer temperatures!) and the commute is longer than ideal however it's worth it as I really enjoy my job!

Defaqto2019-04-10

August 27, 2019Head of HR

I'm glad to hear you feel supported and that Defaqto is a great place to work, even if your commute is a little long. As you have found, employee wellbeing is important to us and we work hard to ensure that there is a wide range of benefits and activities available to everyone. ...

6. "Amazing place to work"

Researcher in Haddenham, England

I have been working at Defaqto for less than a year

Pros

Everyone friendly and welcoming. Everyone helps you if needed. No stress.

Cons

I haven’t found any cons!

Advice to Management

You are doing a really good job, keep it going

Defaqto2018-06-11

August 27, 2019Head of HR

It's great to hear you find everyone friendly, helpful and welcoming, we'll aim to keep it up!

7. "Very happy employee"

Current Employee - Technology Team Member

I have been working at Defaqto full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible around employee needs re working hours and remote working, fresh fruit in the office and also squash! Wellbeing options such as running clubs, gardening clubs, reading clubs - social scene is huge with office quiz nights and charity events of all varieties. Location rural but great village with butchers, pubs, bakeries all within 2 minute walk. Everybody friendly, professional and truly share one goal - no... blame culture, a very open and transparant culture. This company is geared towards employee retention to a degree I have never experienced - very worth the commute, could not be happier.

Cons

The only downside is having to cross the busy A41 on my commute.

Advice to Management

Please continue!

Defaqto2018-03-16

April 10, 2018Head of HR

Great to hear you're enjoying our company culture - we try hard to make Defaqto a place people want to work to the best of their ability and stay with us long term. Sorry we can't solve the A41 issue for you though ;-)

8. "A lot to learn!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Haddenham, England

I have been working at Defaqto full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very welcoming team, great hours, lots of support, loads of benefits (pension, fitplan, etc)

Cons

Limited parking, but alternatives available

Defaqto2018-03-16

April 10, 2018Head of HR

Glad you feel welcomed and supported - we aim to please. We continue to promote flexible hours, homeworking, car sharing and cycling to work to help with our parking challenges - with the overflow parking only a 5 minute walk away for the days when it gets full.

9. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Defaqto full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A fast moving company which is becoming more and more well known. Training about financial products and investments from internal experts. Working with quite a modern development stack including AngularJS, WebAPI and EntityFramework with an openness to adopting new technologies. Everyone in the development team is highly skilled so there is always something you can learn from your peers. Great team and company... wide culture.

Cons

As it is a small development team and everyone is very skilled there isn't an opportunity to be promoted. That said if you show enough enthusiasm you will be given leadership roles for individual projects or the freedom to try out your ideas.

Defaqto2017-12-09
  10. "Very positive"

Current Employee - Research in Thame, England

I have been working at Defaqto full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing Company and excellent management team They understand how to make money - stable employer Work/life balance Work scheduling and monitoring to avoid over-loading individuals and teams

Cons

If you want rapid career progression then you would need to understand the potential opportunities within your particular department. For example, there will possibly be more opportunities in IT relate disciplines than research and data.

Advice to Management

None.

Defaqto2017-12-18