Deutsche Bank Reviews
77% would recommend to a friend
(6762 total reviews)
88% approve of CEO
Found 6,762 of over 13K reviews
Updated 5 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The only pro that I was able to identify in this organisation was that work life balance is good." (in 919 reviews)
- "People are great and super friendly" (in 839 reviews)
- "Good benefits including health insurance and number of annual leaves" (in 464 reviews)
- "culture is good and flexible for women employees" (in 418 reviews)
- "They might offer you good salary but that could be a trap in your career." (in 337 reviews)
- "Management is poor with little vision of the future and work in silos only caring about their own areas." (in 341 reviews)
- "Firm claimed no bonuses would be paid (then paid billions in 'retention packages' to certain employees)" (in 241 reviews)
- "long hours; at times unrealistic expectations; overly complex procedures just to perform daily necessary tasks." (in 192 reviews)
- "Not all managers are good" (in 151 reviews)
- "Extended working hours (paid overtime)" (in 129 reviews)
- 5.01 Dec 2023Personal AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLondon, England
great company and inclusive vibe and sense of loyalty to the firm
md's need to do better training on how to help the administration population to grow
- 3.027 Nov 2023Cloud Transformation AnalystFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsLondon, England
Good high level tech strategy
Cost cutting in every department leaves many unmotivated people behind. Poor execution of the strategy is also an issue where many of the processes and programs in place that are supposed to make things easier make them more difficult. CSO and other regulatory teams are not facilitating controls as a way to facilitate change, but to impede it.
- 4.015 Nov 2023Vice PresidentCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
- In my team the people are exceptionally smart and friendly - Total comp (base + bonus) is very competitive - 30 days vacation allowance which is more than in other IBs - Good working culture
Generally about IB in London, not sure it is "get rich quickly place" any more. The salaries are still above those in other industries but the variable comp is a) capped at 2x and b) gets deferred v quickly which makes you sit in the same organisation forever. DB is not an exception from that.
- 5.029 Nov 2023Vice PresidentFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Great team, cutting edge tech, industry leading, free sandwiches.
Punishing and long working hours.
- 5.022 Nov 2023Vendor Risk ManagementCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
It’s a good place to work, decent benefits and flexible hours.
There is no flexibility on remote working from abroad. Other banks allow employees to work 20 days per year from different locations, however DB would not adopt that modle.
- 5.022 Nov 2023Technology Analyst GraduateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Lots of support, understanding managers, great work life balance. Social nights and networking events throughout the year. Work from home for 2-3 days available for technology department.
Old systems and slow processes
- 4.021 Oct 2023Technology ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLondon, England
- work with great IT professionals if you sit next to business (really depends on the team you get in) - competitive but friendly and supportive colleagues - hybrid working/flexible working hours - pension contribution - health insurance - new office at Canary Wharf
- internal services are way too bureaucratic or slow - no external training, only internal online - promotion to/above VP is tough, promotion to D can take several years - working too many years for the same company won't get you far financially, but I guess it's the same across all banks
Deutsche Bank Reviews FAQs
Deutsche Bank has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 12,686 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Deutsche Bank to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
77% of Deutsche Bank employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Deutsche Bank 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.