Elastic Reviews

Updated 11 May 2021

4.2
Elastic Founder and CEO Shay Banon
Shay Banon
Pros
  • "I wasn't a huge participant in the open-source world before joining Elastic, but I've really enjoyed getting more involved(in 24 reviews)

• "The work-life balance at Elastic is what you make of it(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Their hope is the open source model and its low entry price is going to drive enough potential demand for up-selling later to generate revenue(in 8 reviews)

• "Distributed company means email/slacks come in at all hours(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

28 Apr 2021 - Support Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours, excellent culture supported by great colleagues, and global leaders in parental leave.

Cons

The company is growing larger now, and some of the familiarity and ease that comes from being a startup is no longer possible.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Territory Manager

4 Nov 2020 - Territory Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

incredible product and community / very good sales process and flexibility

Cons

long term portfolio strategy unclear

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 4.0

elastic

8 Dec 2020 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great products and portfolio of customers

Cons

Structure is lacking, no clear development

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Great Place to work!

21 May 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Distributed working - flexibility is amazing - CEO that genuinely cares about his employees - this is especially noticeable during these difficult times - Not losing it's small company feel as we grow - Good career development; has the ethos to promote their employees from within

Cons

- Very fast moving, you need to hold on tight sometimes!

6 people found this review helpful

VP, Global HR

I love to read such positive feedback, thank you! All the things you mentioned are incredibly important to us, and I'm thrilled to read that you're experiencing what we hope all our employees experience. We appreciate you taking the time to share.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

idk

19 Mar 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

work from home very flex

Cons

much travel on consulting roles

VP, Global HR

Thank for sharing your experience at Elastic. Great to hear that our distributed work environment is a positive experience for you!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing place to work...

30 Jan 2020 - Support Support II in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Benefits, Colleagues, Challenges, Every day is different.

Cons

None found, have enjoyed every second so far

4 people found this review helpful

VP, Global HR

Looks like we're meeting your expectations across the board. That's great news, thank you!

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Went from GREAT to HORRIBLE. Proceed with Caution !!!

11 Oct 2019 - Sales in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Majority of the people are great, the few that aren't are toxic and spoil what a great company it once was and what it could be.

Cons

- Very political - Preach culture, but dont follow it - Toxic environment - blame culture, do not work as team, teams run on fear, ridicule, constant negativity. - ELT boasts how everything is so great, but on the ground thats not the case. - Micro-management- no trust of the people they hire

8 people found this review helpful

VP, Global HR

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. At Elastic, we want to make sure our culture is consistent across all departments. We have continued to see positive engagement scores every 6 months from all parts of our business, and we are sorry that this positive morale was not translated to your experience. Given the distributed work model, we strive to make all of our employees empowered to do their best work and create a safe and inclusive environment to express concerns. I invite you to reach out to me (leah@elastic.co) as I would like to dig into this further and see how we can ensure a healthy work environment across our company.

8. 5.0

Senior Manager

10 May 2019 - Senior Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best and smartest colleagues on the planet. Wonderful ethos, great product, sky rocket growth. Inspirational CEO and great leadership team.

Cons

Growing very quickly. Challenge will be to maintain level of quality.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Strongly recommend!

14 Apr 2019 - Sales Representative in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great career development opportunities. - Smart/ambitious colleagues. - Great perks/benefits. - Lots of flexibility around work arrangement.

Cons

- Fast growth bring great opportunities, but also adds to workload, making work/life balance difficult at times.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Engineering

27 Aug 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well-known and adopted open source technology stack and a diverse team of engineering, sales, and marketing behind it. Sometimes the product sells itself, as they say. I enjoy flexibility with regards to travel, working from home, training, etc. I get to engage in different things each day and seeing all the different things going on at the company too with regards to marketing and sales which I had not had deeper knowledge of before. The people are smart, friendly, and always online! We're growing fast and it's hard to keep everybody's name in your head but I'm getting there.

Cons

A tiny bit of uncertainty about the future of making money from open source but we've got a great team behind this who have quite a bit of experience in this area. Working remotely is a boon but of course you don't see everything that goes on behind the scenes too so it's got both aspects to it if you're not used to working remotely.

1 person found this review helpful