68% would recommend to a friend
(621 total reviews)
62% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Bad management all over and lots of disengaged employees because of that" (in 28 reviews)
- "Hired too many managers instead of leaders." (in 19 reviews)
- "Recent Layoff, The 100% remote can lead to a certain isolation." (in 14 reviews)
- "Some upper management are not good people." (in 7 reviews)
- "Our support has to communicate with the cloud team and there's little communication." (in 7 reviews)
Found 621 of over 674 reviews
Updated 28 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.022 Jun 2023Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
I am thoroughly impressed by the speed of innovation and the inclusive culture at Elastic. You can bring your full self to work and are trusted to be an adult and get on with your work.
Female representation in the C-suiteElastic Response5mo
Thanks for your review! We're so glad you're here!
- 2.011 Jul 2023DirectorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Elastic is a company that wants to be a great place to work and be very successful. They are very determined to grow and be successful and have hired a management team devoted to that goal. They are looking for people who 'live to work' and if you get on board with that there are financial rewards available. Good compensation, no bureaucracy, flat structure means you get to meet everyone.
Elastic is at a crossroads where the desire to be successful means the old culture of being a great place to work is not as important. Elastic is led by very driven people who think nothing of 100 hour weeks and you are expected to follow suit. This is a place for workaholics and if you put work before all else you will love it. If you like to take leave (or a couple hours off on the supposed shut it down days) and arent able to 'always be on' this is not a place for you.10Elastic Response5mo
Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate this feedback and have shared it with our HR team.
- 1.015 Nov 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Ability to earn good money
Was treated terribly by my manager, which harmed my mental health and had to leave. I told HR but that manager is still there.3
- 3.010 Jan 2023Support EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Extremely useful products with great market potential across several use-cases. Lots of great people to work with and learn from. Competitive compensation packages and benefits.
A shocking and sudden decline in effective communication and inspiration from executive leadership has led to a failure of trust between rank-and-file employees and both executive and managerial leaders. A botched layoff at the end of 2022 has led to employees feeling as if they are considered tools rather than people, to be discarded as needed rather than fought-for and respected. A hollowing-out of top-tier technical talent has led to a drop in the quality of recent products, making it harder to give satisfactory support and close deals in the face of serious competition and the economic downturn.27
- 4.028 Jun 2023Account ExecutiveFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Looks after employees very well in terms of benefits, but I understand some of these have now been rolled back Some good training resources and generally excellent managers Good work/life balance Good colleagues
Very disjointed at times Lack of transparency in terms of recent mass redundancies, which followed record revenue and profits Certain business units were more like a start upElastic Response5mo
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback!
- 5.022 May 2023Sales Development Representative (SDR)Former Employee
Amazing Management and team. Culture is as they say and was a pleasure to work there
Progression can be limtied depending on region
- 2.023 Sept 2022Techinical Support EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
- 100% remote, working from home - Generous PTO, Shut It Down days (every other friday off)
The great culture, the great leaders were already gone. The new management team is only focused on profit, money and more customers. No worth to stay here any more if you are engineer, I'm trying to leave asap. ( I believe not only me.) Main "Cons" - hectic work, suffering from lack of work resources (because they focus more profit, money rather than caring of engineers.) - Lack of transparency, managers has been continued to ignore engineers feedback for long time. - No recognition for hard worker - They are going to change support case severity definition for the worse.. too horrible. It's like a joke" (you will see what's happening next by this change) - They don't care or ignore intentionally even if you complain something off.12
- 3.029 Apr 2022Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
- You get to work with smart people - Lots of interesting and unique people working at Elastic - 2 Fridays off a month - Interesting and challenging enough problems to work on
- There are quite a few obnoxious people who work at Elastic - Salary is very average. You could probably get a better package and title elsewhere. - Pointless acquisitions bring in subpar engineers and tech debt. - A few deadweight engineers who don't do much. - Technical Managers can be very hands-off and not great at developing their team. - A lot of great people have departed the company in the last year17
- 3.027 Feb 2023Mid-Market Account ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Great culture Great benefits Great product
Poor leadership Poor sales function5
Elastic Reviews FAQs
Elastic has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 674 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Elastic to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
68% of Elastic employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Elastic 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.