Elastic Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Elastic Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2019

Found 157 reviews

3.9
Elastic CEO Shay Banon (no image)
Shay Banon
Pros
  • "commercial plugins model seems to be the best combination to make an open source business successful(in 24 reviews)

• "Company values allow for excellent work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Also, no one is going to check to make sure you have work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "Their hope is the open source model and its low entry price is going to drive enough potential demand for up-selling later to generate revenue(in 7 reviews)

1. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England

I have been working at Elastic full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best and smartest colleagues on the planet. Wonderful ethos, great product, sky rocket growth. Inspirational CEO and great leadership team.

Cons

Growing very quickly. Challenge will be to maintain level of quality.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Elastic2019-05-10
  2. "Went from GREAT to HORRIBLE. Proceed with Caution !!!"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Elastic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Majority of the people are great, the few that aren't are toxic and spoil what a great company it once was and what it could be.

Cons

- Very political - Preach culture, but dont follow it - Toxic environment - blame culture, do not work as team, teams run on fear, ridicule, constant negativity. - ELT boasts how everything is so great, but on the ground thats not the case. - Micro-management- no trust of the people they hire

Advice to Management

you have great teams across the organisation who are being set up for failure by managers who dont fit the culture, have no people skills, but excel at the political play. Is that really what Elastic is about or wants to be?

Elastic2019-10-11

"Strongly recommend!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in London, England

I worked at Elastic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great career development opportunities. - Smart/ambitious colleagues. - Great perks/benefits. - Lots of flexibility around work arrangement.

Cons

- Fast growth bring great opportunities, but also adds to workload, making work/life balance difficult at times.

Elastic2019-04-14

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer

I have been working at Elastic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, with a lot of driven and passionate people. The latest and greatest tech.

Cons

Work/life balance is a no. Unsure of projection and where company will be in 12-24 months time.

Advice to Management

None - all good

Elastic2018-07-11

"Sales Development Representative"

Sales Development Representative in London, England

I have been working at Elastic

Pros

One of the best company cultures around. Incredibly driven and intelligent people across every department. Products are changing the world, exciting place to work day in day out.

Cons

Absolutely none, no complaints about anything

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and I love the transparency with the whole company

Elastic2017-02-09

"Best company I have ever worked for..."

Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at Elastic full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Working with talented people makes a nice change - Great flexibility between, work and play - Very executive team who strive to make the company the best it can be

Cons

- The balance between open source and making money is a tough line to walk along, but Elastic do it pretty well! - Some growth pains, but that is expected with such a company, if you need a highly structured environment to work in, this might not be your place.

Advice to Management

Not much, just keep things the way they are!

Elastic2017-01-07

"Brilliant Company!!"

I have been working at Elastic for less than a year

Pros

Brilliant company, amazing culture, hard working, driven, outstanding product and a great opportunity to make money! From the first time I spoke with the recruiter in London, who was brilliant! :-) to the first day at work the whole process has been the best I have experienced!

Cons

Haven't really seen anything bad yet, please just make sure you spend the time hiring great people!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people!

Elastic2016-09-08

"Territory Manager"

Territory Manager in London, England

I have been working at Elastic

Pros

Such an amazing stack of technology, driven by the very brightest in the industry, leveraged by the biggest organisations in the world. Easily the coolest startup in the world

Cons

I need to improve my table tennis skills

Elastic2015-08-25
  9. "Engineering"

I have been working at Elastic

Pros

Well-known and adopted open source technology stack and a diverse team of engineering, sales, and marketing behind it. Sometimes the product sells itself, as they say. I enjoy flexibility with regards to travel, working from home, training, etc. I get to engage in different things each day and seeing all the different things going on at the company too with regards to marketing and sales which I had not had deeper... knowledge of before. The people are smart, friendly, and always online! We're growing fast and it's hard to keep everybody's name in your head but I'm getting there.

Cons

A tiny bit of uncertainty about the future of making money from open source but we've got a great team behind this who have quite a bit of experience in this area. Working remotely is a boon but of course you don't see everything that goes on behind the scenes too so it's got both aspects to it if you're not used to working remotely.

Advice to Management

Listen to your customers and employees, experiment and course correct, think both tactically and strategically, invest in new commercial products, and of course stay ahead of the competition

Elastic2015-08-27
  10. "After one month in Elastic"

I have been working at Elastic

Pros

Open, honest, collaborative, remote company culture and behaviour. Very good suite of products. People have a clear idea of what to do next (at all levels)

Cons

Due to the distributed location of staff, communication is paramount, sometimes its hard to keep track of it all.

Advice to Management

None

Elastic2015-08-27