O2 - Territory Leader | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "Great work life balance where they will happily let you book holidays off whenever you need them" (in 19 reviews)

• "O2 supports flexible working and allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance" (in 28 reviews)

Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Territory Leader"

Current Employee - TERRITORY LEADER in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at O2 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing brand that really does invest in the customer and its people. Fast paced, exciting, forward thinking and massive potential for the future as it invests more and more into our ambition of being number one.
As much as the business is large, it does look after you as an individual. Whether it’s personal development, reward or recognition, you will receive all of those from O2.
The people make this business and there is a real feeling of team and belonging. This, by far, is the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

There are absolutely no cons, believe me. I suppose every company sometime has its challenging days but in O2 you feel like there is nothing you cannot fix.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your amazing people and they will never let you down.

9 May 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you so much for leaving us such a lovely comment - we really appreciate it. It is so nice to see you have so many positives about working for us and no negatives. We hope you continue to enjoy... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Management"

Former Employee - ASL in Liverpool, England
    Former Employee - ASL in Liverpool, England

I worked at O2 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good money for a sales adviser.
    Good bonus structure.
    Very flexible hours to suit you.

Cons

Management never sell so do not understand how customer are buying so they are commenting on something they are not aware of. My manager had to sell once and he didn't know how to use the till and asked me for help. They would rather have the store be heaving and advisors having to skip their lunches so that they could sit off in the back !
    If you was off sick once they would keep ringing and messaging you to go in.
    Very short staffed.
    If short staffed youre expected to work above your hours and 'pull your weight'. At one point i was working 6 days a week, 3 of them 10 hour days with only a 30 minute break.
    Some managers steal, and are simply just moved to another store if they are caught.
    They get you to do jobs because they can't be bothered.
    After every sale there was always a lot of pressure and being taken in the back for not mentioning a certain product. I was top advisor for the stores I worked in and also for the region I was number 1 every quarter but I still got nagged at.
    Leaving this company was the best thing I have ever done.
    When there are progression opportunities available they fill them before interviews with who they are friends with or the regional manager will just move somebody who is already at the role to fill it instead of giving them opportunities.
    I was an ASL for my last 6 months of working there, and my life there was still hell.
    The company id amazing but the management lets it down massively ! But that could have just been my region, hence why i have given it a 4. It is not fair scoring the company low because the management dont know what theyre doing.

Advice to Management

Stop commenting on something when you cannot do it yourself. Prove to your team you can do it and they WILL respond positively. Stop going home when you want to when you should be working and try supporting your staff instead of throwing PIPS and warnings at them every 5 minutes.

1 Jun 2018 – Social Media Specialist

We are sorry to hear that your experience at O2 did not live up to our very high standards and expectations. If you are able to provide us with any additional information directly regarding your... More

2. "Great working atmosphere, perfect introduction to retail"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Southampton, England
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Southampton, England

I have been working at O2 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment
    Low pressure in the beginning
    Managers were patient while learning
    Healthy sales competition
    Good bonuses and incentives

Cons

Lower pay than other mobile retailers
    Slow systems, sometimes prevent sales and impact customer experience

18 May 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really glad to see you have so many pros for working for our company. We are constantly looking at how we can make the systems better, so it... More

Discover more reviews about O2.