O2 Reviews

Updated 10 Jul 2020

3.9
Pros
  • "O2 allows flexible working which is great(in 64 reviews)

• "The company is working hard to deliver on work life balance and they do it amazingly well(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "The business is very focused in Head Office, (Slough) meaning lots of early starts and very late finishes(in 13 reviews)

• "Long hours and a problem with sorting out the shifts(in 10 reviews)

1. "A great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Channels & Content Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at O2 full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

O2 has an amazing work / life balance flexibility and I'm so pleased to be able to say I work for such a great company.

Cons

Sometimes we have to react to issues at short notice, but that's what makes us successful.

2. "Was alright"

Former Employee - O2 Sales Advisor in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at O2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Good team * Friendly outside of work * O2 Felt like a giant community staff wise

Cons

* KPI's were sometimes a bit brutal * Framework

3. "great company to work for"

Current Employee - O2 Guru in Waterlooville, England

I have been working at O2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great working atmosphere and benefits

Cons

unrealistic targets but that's down to the franchise that own my store

July 7, 2020Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review around your experience with working with an O2 franchise. It is great to hear that you enjoying working in your store and that your benefits are a perk. As you are a franchise employee we can’t comment on the targets but if you need any extra support, your store manager will be able to help with this. Thanks again for your review, stay safe.

4. COVID-19

"O2 is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in York, England

I have been working at O2 part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A dynamic, caring and ethical company with fantastic career opportunities. O2 has really looked after all their employees through out the COVID crisis as well as looking after customers and keeping Britain connected. I'm very proud to work for O2 and I'm proud that I'm part of the team.

Cons

If you dislike fast-paced, O2 isn't for you. If you like fast-paced then it is.

July 3, 2020Social Reputation Specialist

Hello, thanks for leaving such a lovely review. We’re glad to see that you really enjoy working with us and that you feel there are so many pros, as we try to make sure we look after both our people and customers, and during the unusual times we are in this is even more important. In regards to your con, we do work in a very fast-paced industry but we try to support our people with this as much as we can, but as you say, if people like this then it is the place for them. Thanks again for your review, stay safe.

5. COVID-19

"Overall very good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Head of Area in Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England

I have been working at O2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great people, trying to make really positive changes and company genuinely puts their employees as a focus point and have done their utmost to make COVID as bearable as possible

Cons

sometimes very reactive and left out of decisions you should have input into

June 29, 2020Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for your review. We’re glad to hear you enjoy the many benefits of working with us and you feel we focus on keeping our people happy, as we try to make sure we look after them, and during the unusual times we are in it is even more important. In regards to your con, we’d recommend speaking with your manager in the first instance, to see if any improvements can be made around the way we’re working in different areas. Thanks again for your review and we hope you continue to work with us for many more years.

6. "Not the best but not the worst"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Leader in Bury, East of England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at O2 full-time

Pros

Great as an employer, great with support

Cons

Your whole experience depends on the balance in the store, rather than as the company as a whole

July 2, 2020Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. It’s great to hear you’re happy and feel supported in the workplace, as it is our people who make O2. In regards to your con, it’s difficult to comment without more info but if there is anything you feel we could improve in your store, we’d recommend speaking with your Store Leader in the first instance. We hope you continue to work with us in the future, stay safe and thanks again.

7. "Great company to work for"

4.0
    Current Employee - Commercial Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at O2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible and can work from home. Great brand, nice office

Cons

Lack of long term strategy, historical process which slows down the work

June 15, 2020Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for your review. We’re glad to hear you enjoying the flexible working aspect of working with us, as a healthy work-life balance is important. In regards to your cons, it’s difficult to comment without more info but if you’d like to discuss this further, please speak with your line manager in the first instance or our HR team are on hand to help with any issues if necessary. We are working on our transformation programme and our processes is one of the areas that we are looking at so we can make them as streamlined and as efficient as we can. We hope you continue to work with us for many more years. Thanks again.

8. COVID-19

"Good company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at O2 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Full pay during Covid-19 Bonus every quarter Friendly staff Medical benefits

Cons

Not commission based so if store don’t meet targets neither do you

June 9, 2020Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for your review. We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying some of the many benefits we offer our people. We try to make sure we look after our people and during these unusual times we are in, it is even more important. In regards to your cons we do have to work to targets and it is important that the store work together to achieve these but we’ll take your feedback on board about this. We hope you continue to work with us in the future, thanks again for your review.

9. "Not as good as it seems"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Stirling, Scotland

I worked at O2 part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, good interaction with customers and easy system

Cons

Bad management, take advantage of part timers (work your hours in very small shifts), overly high expectations on targets

June 25, 2020Social Media Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re sorry to hear you feel negatively about your time with us, we’ll pass your feedback and comments across to our senior leadership team. Thanks for your pros, it’s especially great to see you experienced positive customer interactions , our customer led approach is centric to our values and we believe it’s really important to put customers first and foremost in our daily conversations. We can see you longer work for us, we wish you all the best in your new career.

10. "All around good Employer"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at O2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

well paid, take care of employees

Cons

not very good benefits especially for older employee

June 9, 2020Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. We’re glad to hear you feel you were taken care off when you worked with us and that you were also paid well, as our basic salaries and bonuses are up there with some of the best in today's market. In regards to your cons, we offer flexible benefits to suit all of our people where they can pick and mix what benefits they would like that suit their lifestyle but we’ll take your feedback on board. We hope your career is going well outside of O2 and hope you are keeping safe in these unusual times.

Found 307 reviews