O2 Reviews

Found 580 of over 914 reviews

4.2
O2 CEO Mark Evans
Mark Evans
Pros
  • "O2 has a fantastic flexible working scheme allowing you to manage work & personal life(in 75 reviews)

• "Flexibility and great work / life balance(in 45 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working long hours as the store is in shopping center(in 15 reviews)

• "The business is very focused in Head Office, (Slough) meaning lots of early starts and very late finishes(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Amazing Culture

Oct 19, 2021 - Senior Client Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, people, opportunity, commercial package

Cons

There are no cons to highlight

O2 Response

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review that makes us really happy. Thank you for being part of TeamO2.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good

Oct 18, 2021 - Sales in Northampton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay! Interesting job always something different.

Cons

Progression, no much room to move into to.

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we do appreciate it. Working in Retail no 2 days are ever the same and great to see that you experienced that when you worked with us. It is an interesting role with lots of variety dealing with our customers but also learning about and playing with the new tech. In terms of progression, not sure when you worked with us but we do promote internal mobility as we want our people to develop their careers with us and just last year, we ran a talent programme where 36 of our Stores team moved in to Head Office roles which was fantastic to see. We hope your career is going well.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pretty good for a first job.

Oct 4, 2021 - Retail Advisor in Banbury, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

No commission so you aren't focused on selling an iPhone 13 to everyone and your pay is always consistent. 100% Staff airtime discount. 25% Staff accessory discount.

Cons

A very buggy and slow intranet system.

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time with us, we really do appreciate it. Great to see the positives that you have highlighted and the staff discounts that are available. It is pleasing to see that you understand the importance of selling individually to the customers based on their needs rather than having specific targets for certain phones which can then ultimately remove that focus. Thank you for being part of TeamO2.

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Oct 4, 2021 - Finance Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, flexible, positive energy

Cons

None that I can think of

O2 Response

Thank you for leaving such a nice review and your title says it all for us, Great place to work. Thank you for being part of TeamO2, without our people O2 would not be the great place it is.

5. 2.0

Post Merger - pressure to do more for less. Toxic atmosphere

Oct 17, 2021 - Communications Specialist in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working during covid Some genuinely great and talented people making the best of a bad situation Nice benefits Was a genuinely lovely place to work post merger

Cons

Toxic, gossipy environment Cliquey management Talent is exploited instead of rewarded Overworked to an unhealthy and unsustainable level post merger Box ticking D&I and Wellbeing Career opportunities via nepotism

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Software dev at O2

Oct 1, 2021 - Software Developer in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, work/life balance, Leadership, Pay, Inclusive, social . . .

Cons

Career progression More opportunities across business

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and it is great to see that you have so many positives working here, that makes us really happy as it is our people, like you, that truly make O2 the great place it is to work. In terms of career progression all of our roles are advertised internally so please do keep an eye out there but also speak to your Line Manager to see how they can support you. Thank you for being part of #TeamO2.

7. 4.0

Great place to work

Oct 12, 2021 - Web Analytics Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Product discounts, dynamic and exciting campaigns

Cons

Parts of the organisation stuck in old-school thinking

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really do appreciate it. We do work in a fast paced environment and as you say we have the opportunity to work on really exciting campaigns and we believe this is one of the elements that make O2 a great place to work as we are always innovating and looking at ways that we can continue to deliver industry leading propositions for our customers. We hope you are keeping well and thank you for being part of TeamO2.

8. 4.0

working at o2

Oct 10, 2021 - Sales Advisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- get some nice customers - get to really practice your skills

Cons

- there is not enough things we can do for client loyalty and it is difficult to let the customers know that they don't get anything for being a loyal customer for many years.

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and it is great to see you have mentioned a number of positives of your time with us. In terms of your cons, we will take your feedback on board but might be an idea to speak to your Store Leader/Regional Leader on this. We are always looking at ways of working and ideas so they will be able to flag this higher up and see what the art of the possible maybe. Thank you for being part of TeamO2.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Pay for male staff is higher than for females

Oct 12, 2021 - Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was a fun culture - and I loved my team.

Cons

They pay male staff more than female staff - and the pressure could be oppressive.

O2 Response

At O2 we welcome all feedback, so thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re really pleased to read, that you have highlighted that our people culture was fun and that you loved your team. We believe our people are key to our customer experience and the success of our business. We’ll be the first to say there’s always room for improvement, and it’s interesting to read your view on areas you think we could do better. We take Gender pay gap very seriously here & will continue to work with our exec-sponsors and Gender Equality & Women’s Network to drive change. This has been our focus and will remain a key focus as we come together as VirginMediaO2. Please find a link that will take you to our gender pay gap information where you will see that we have main great progress and we will continue to move this forward. https://static-www.o2.co.uk/sites/default/files/2020-08/Pay%20Gap%20Report_2020_V2.pdf

10. 4.0

Great company

Sep 30, 2021 - Network Security Architect in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Attractive corporate culture Great technical environment

Cons

Varying competence of middle management

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are really pleased to hear that you feel it is a great company to work for. Thank you for being part of TeamO2.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 580 Reviews