O2 Reviews

Found 642 of over 1,052 reviews

4.1
O2 CEO Lutz Schüler
Lutz Schüler
Pros
  • "Flexible working has always been a great benefit of working for O2(in 83 reviews)

• "The ability to build work life balance into the job(in 58 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working long hours as the store is in shopping center(in 22 reviews)

• "Head office seem detached from the reality of working in store(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Quality first sales job

Mar 28, 2022 - Sales Advisor in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Too many positives to list

Cons

Working weekends and bank hols but thats expected in retail

2 people found this review helpful

O2 Response

Great to see that you say there are too many positives to list, that is really great to hear so we must be doing something right. Thank you for being part of #TeamO2. Without our people, like you, we wouldn't be the business that we are today.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Brilliant company

Jun 30, 2022 - Retail Technical Specialist - O2 Guru in Sunderland, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks and benefits. Relaxed with lots of ongoing training.

Cons

None I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not great, not awful, it’s fine

Jun 20, 2022 - Retentions Advisor in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Considering it’s partially a sales role, it’s not as difficult as I expected, since it’s inbound recontracting. Overtime is time and a half, sometimes double if there’s a need for more people. They have an incentive scheme which makes it possible to earn points based on certain sales and use those points to purchase vouchers.

Cons

The advertised salary was £27k ote, which is absolutely not possible without working overtime. On target earnings would be around £22-23k I’d estimate. Most people are on target and I don’t know a single person who has ever made £27k without doing significant overtime. They also have very little structure for communication in place, meaning people will miss out on pay that is owed to them or lose out on opportunities. The commission is far too low. For example, a 36 month phone contract with a £26 tariff would earn £3.50 commission. Not even half a percent of what you’ve secured in the airtime contract, which would be a little under £1k. And if you don’t reach a specific resign % you don’t get any commission at all, despite you bringing in countless sales. If you received 250 calls a month (standard amount, if not the low end for full time) and made 2 sales a day, approx 42 sales, you would receive 0 commission whatsoever. It’s laughable how much money we make o2 a month and how little they give us for it. Each handset contract comes with a least £600 of airtime over 3 years, usually a lot more, the commission is not high enough and should be increased to match the advertised on target earnings.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Commercial Manager

Jun 17, 2022 - Commercial Manager in Slough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance here

Cons

Lack of collaboration between teams

O2 Response

Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know your pros and cons of working here.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

poor management

Jun 17, 2022 - Customer Support Guru in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good interaction with customers and good upskilling

Cons

terrible management system which is focused on who sucks up to who rather than who is fit for the role

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of when you were with us, we appreciate all feedback whether good or constructive. It is great to that you have highlighted a number of positives whilst you worked here and in terms of your cons, we have a very strong performance management framework that all of our leaders adhere to so we are dissapointed to hear that you did not feel that. We hope your career is going well.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

RUBBISH PAY FOR A BIG COMPANY

Jun 15, 2022 - Customer Service Adviser in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good training, GOOD TEAM, development opportunities are vast

Cons

MANAGERS too busy, the salary is not industry leading, some dated systems which lag or crash

O2 Response

Thank you for leaving a review and we do hope your career is going well. In terms of your positives it is great to see that you have highlighted a number particularly around development. We want our internal talent to grow and develop with us as it is our people that make this business what it is. In terms of the salary, our salaries are benchmarked every year and we are market leading compared to our competitors. We do appreciate that we have some old systems but we are currently going through a transformation programme to update these that benefit both our people and our customers.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

My job at o2

May 18, 2022 - Sales Associate in Camden Town, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary and good skills acquired.

Cons

Sometimes it was a lot of pressure.

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time when you were with us. Great to see that you learnt skills during your role and that the salary was a positive. We do have a competitive salary in the marketplace along with brilliant benefits and staff discounts. Working in Retail can bring with it pressure but we hope that if you were feeling this that you reached out to your Store Leader to helps support as we never wanted our people to feel pressure or stressed when they are at work. We hope your career is going well.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Part time

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Slough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent place to work as a student

Cons

There are no cons here

O2 Response

Thanks for the review we really do appreciate and great to see that you feel it is an excellent place to work. That makes us really happy to see that.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Part tkme

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Slough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great at this place

Cons

There are no cons here

O2 Response

Thank you for such a lovely review and thanks for being part of #TeamO2, without our people we wouldn't be the business we are today.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture and work ethic

May 30, 2022 - Human Resources Manager in Slough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really fantastic team and colleagues across HR, great facilities in the main HQ building. Agile environment with realistic goals and targets.

Cons

The direction of travel in the HR function particularly post merger has had a lot to be desired.

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the team to leave a review, we do appreciate it and we love to hear what our people feel about working here. Great to see that you have mentioned a number of positives and one of them is our people. We believe that we would not be the business we are today without people, like you, our talent who help us to achieve great things. Thank you for being part of TeamO2.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 642 Reviews
    </>Embed

O2 Reviews FAQs

O2 has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,052 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at O2 to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, O2 employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at O2. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

86% of O2 employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated O2 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with O2 Job Seekers