Unilever - Fantastic business vision | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Fantastic business vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England
Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England

I have been working at Unilever (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its a proud feeling to be associated with such an ethical company with high values. Fantastic work life balance, wellbeing programs and clear business vision.

Cons

At time a lot of negative competitiveness and politics leads to hampering employees career growth. Not much transparency and guidance is provided by HR either.

Advice to Management

Please relook at the UK salary structure, we are way behind the industry. This has been raised multiple times by all but nothing has been done yet.

2 Aug 2017 – The Talent Team

Hi. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your current role with us. It’s really pleasing to see that you highlight a number of positives, including our ethical vision, work... More

Other Employee Reviews for Unilever

1. "Unilever, UK"

I have been working at Unilever full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere, supportive environment, flexible working

Cons

Matrix way of working can sometimes be challenging e.g. accountability, decision making etc

18 Jul 2017 – The Talent Team

Hi. Thank you for your review. It's good to see that you highlight the working environment and atmosphere as particular positives. We hope your role is proving successful and we wish you all the best.... More

"Good for you CV"

Former Employee - Finance Analyst in London, England
    Former Employee - Finance Analyst in London, England

I worked at Unilever full-time (More than a year)

Pros

80% of the people you work with will be amazing especially in a global role. I have travelled and met up with people across many countries.
    Unilever looks amazing on your CV, there is a perception out there that anyone who works there is highly intelligent (not the case). Reality is, it is also very hard to get in (which it is) and this makes you very attractive to the outside world.

Cons

Pay is very bad, about 30 to 40% below the market.

Progression in finance is at an all time low. They favour grads who only need to have 2.3 years work experience from uni to become a manager. You will often find finance directors and managers who have a lack of technical & strategic skills as a result of this grad scheme.

My key reason for leaving was the lack of progression, an external hire can expect to hand around for many years to get promoted. I found that to really have a chance of progression, you don't have to work that hard and show great ability, you must be the master of brown nosing.

Advice to Management

Really need fresh ideas on the table (this comes from outside). Management are so set in doing new processes the only way they know (the UL way) that they convince themselves it is the only way despite inefficiencies. The recent new way of working transformation was poorly designed, left most people demotivated, resulted in many resignations, poorly executed and still 18 months later, 80% of people have no clue what they are doing. New ideas and mind frames are badly needed.

26 Jul 2017 – The Talent Team

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your previous role with us. All feedback is warmly received - both positive and constructive. We're pleased to see you mention your colleagues... More