Everon Reviews

Updated 7 Jul 2020

4.7
  1. "It's fun to be a part of Everon's journey"

Current Employee - Documentation Specialist in Amsterdam

I have been working at Everon full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a lot of fun trying to navigate the chaos that comes with such an exciting, new industry. Everon does its best to support and stimulate personal and career development. Great atmosphere, great colleagues, great company to work for.

Cons

Everon has a flexible approach to work - it might not suit people who prefer to be in the office with a fixed desk.

July 2, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

Thanks for leaving your review! Maybe to elaborate on the con for those looking to join, as you're referring to the 'normal' business as usual time, whereas currently, things are a bit more flexible than usual. But yes, we do have a clean desk policy, meaning there are no assigned spaces per person, rather you choose a spot on the day where you feel like working. It gives you an opportunity to have a change of scenery, meet new people. Since we do encourage people to work from home as well, this approach has been proven successful, since not all employees are in the office at all times anyways. Thanks again for your review and we're glad you joined our mission!

2. "Great Interviewing Process"

Current Intern - Social Media Intern in Amsterdam

I have been working at Everon for less than a year

Pros

clear application procedure, friendly and helpful employees, quick communication back and forth

Cons

job posting hard to find, long application process (for internship), job posting retracted quickly

July 8, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

Thanks for leaving your review!

3. COVID-19

"Great company overall"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Amsterdam

I have been working at Everon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company overall with lots of autonomy to improve as you see fit. General "can do" attitude of most people. People from multiple cultures.

Cons

Shared cross team work in development is lacking, feels a bit isolated from each other, i.e there is no opt-in chapter meetings for developers to join in and share experiences. Some of the decisions being made seem like they come from above rather than from below, there is a great effort in changing this though. When joining you are mixed with people from another business entity with whom you will probably make friends, but not work with; they should try and keep these separate

July 2, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

Hi! These are great insights and here are some info that you might find useful. There is an ongoing initiative that is more technical focused since February, but also a general IQ Workshop sessions. Also, the frontend chapter is quite active on meetings to discuss technology, new approaches, and challenges they are facing. Feel free to reach out to colleagues in these departments if this might be interesting for you! Hope this helps!

4. "Fast-gowing and innovative software company with an environmental agenda"

Current Employee - Software Delivery Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at Everon part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Everon means being part of an exciting adventure with a true environmental vision. We are currently scaling our development to become the world's number one EV charging platform to enable a faster and smoother transition to a world free of fossil fuel driving.

Cons

If you prefer to work in a completely established environment, where all the processes have long been defined, and there is no room for dynamics and innovation, you might find it difficult to get used to our high pace of change.

May 25, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

You summed it up nicely, we really value innovation and dynamics above all. Thanks for leaving your review, surely it will help the future Everoners get familiar with the company culture!

5. "Challeging and enjoyable"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Amsterdam

I have been working at Everon full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has a well structured procedure for everything, from technical and non-technical matter. I really like the fact that there are a lot of architecture related meeting, where important decisions are made. People are very professional and they really like to put accent to code quality, delivering an easy-to-maintain product. Working in this company allows to to grow from a junior to much higher levels (senrior, architect), since there are a lot of opportunities to express yourself.

Cons

I don't have any cons so far, everything is good there.

May 17, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

Hi, we're so happy to see you enjoy your time at Everon! You definitely got it right, that the career development is one of the key elements we foster. Thanks for paving the way to eMobility with us!

6. "Awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at Everon full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Quite some freedom to work out your own product vision - Really nice, smart and pragmatic colleagues - Start/scale up atmosphere with a pragmatic way of thinking

Cons

The business Everon is in, a fast changing one. Also because Everon is growing so fast there are some growing pains. For me that is no problem at all (i actually like it) but if you are used to large corporates where everything moves a bit slower and where all the processes are in place and you like that very much, Everon might not be the best company to work for.

May 17, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

This is a really wholesome and objective review, thank you! It's absolutely true that at Everon things move swiftly, which is exciting, but if you're not used to it, it might be considered a pain point. It does leave a lot of room for personal contribution and growth. Thank you for your review!

7. "Amazing Team & Talent!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at Everon full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Product Team is very impressive when it comes to talent! Not only very smart people, but also super diverse: some with a more commercial acumen and some with a more technical acumen. Makes for an incredible environment where everyone is constantly challenging and learning together. Designers are also top-notch! Interaction with the other departments is quite good as the company is still rather small and nimble.

Cons

Scaling up comes with challenges and I think the biggest one is that our Agile Scrum Team setup is sub-optimal, which leads to a very slow time to market. We are of course working on improving it, but dependencies between teams are absurdly high, due to the way teams are structured. You thus end up spending incredulous amounts of time on "aligning".

May 25, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

Hi! We absolutely agree that there's an abundance of talent in our teams, but of course, collaboration can always be improved, and we're glad we're working on it constantly. Thanks for taking the time to leave your review!

8. "Nice workplace interesting product"

Current Employee - Cloud Engineer in Amsterdam

I have been working at Everon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very nice office in Amsterdam, very interesting product and sector, freedom to suggest and implement your own projects/ideas, usage of cutting edge technology

Cons

Very complex environment with not so much documentation for a new-joiner, it can be overwhelming for juniors.

May 25, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review!

9. "Organised and growing, there's plenty on the horizon"

Current Employee - Brand & Content in Amsterdam

I have been working at Everon full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I have all the tools I need to do my job at Everon. High spec Macbook, 24inch monitor, apple mouse, keyboard and whiteboard, all in a professionally run business. Contracts are created and signed quickly. Don't under estimate the value of this. Well done to the office, HR and IT teams for making that happen. - The dedicated EV cafe space is great. Eating at your desk is banned and thats great. - We have purpose beyond making money. Everon is making EV charging a profitable endeavour - International office. It's great to see 31 different nationalities in the team.

Cons

- There's no women in the C level - My team has restructured a lot in the last year

April 28, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

Hi! Thank you for your thorough feedback. We're glad we're supporting you in an efficient way, and are happy with your advice. We are definitely doing our best in setting up strong and long-lasting teams, as well as hire diversely. Happy to have you on board!

10. "Great mix of people!"

Current Employee - Public Relations in Amsterdam

I have been working at Everon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everon welcomes anyone: we've got colleagues from all over the world working here, everyone is kind and there's a great atmosphere.

Cons

Getting our own lunch during the break (also a pro: going for walks to the supermarket)

April 28, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

It's great to see that you're enjoying your time with us! Thanks for your feedback and we're glad to have you on board.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 10 reviews