FirstLight Home Care Reviews

4.2
FirstLight Home Care Chief Operation Officer Glee McAnanly
Glee McAnanly
0 Rating
Pros
  • "FirstLight Home Care is a fantastic franchise opportunity(in 9 reviews)

• "FirstLight truly cares for it’s employees by fostering an amazing culture of care(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I am also getting my CNA which is a step beyond what is required by First Light Caregivers(in 17 reviews)

• "Low pay for short visits, past employers pay more, not a lot of work within my availability, short notice of available shifts, sort of benefits(in 12 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Excellent Place to Be! DenverWest Branch"

Current Employee - In Home Caregiver in Golden, CO

I have been working at FirstLight Home Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun, great clients and office staff, cool prizes at the holiday party

Cons

They do not have any benefits package. They just got a 401k, but no company match

January 14, 2021Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your FirstLight story with us. It is so exciting to hear that you have such a love for FirstLight Home Care. Your passion for the work that you do is evident. We constantly strive to find new rewards and benefits that the caregivers and other team members desire. If you would like to provide more details about the benefits that you are looking for please email us at hrsupport@firstlighthomcare.com. Thank you again for providing your feedback, as we wouldn't know how to improve or grow without it. You are appreciated!

2. "Great team of people to work with!"

Current Employee - Caregiver in Denver, CO

I have been working at FirstLight Home Care full-time

Pros

Set your own schedule and availability! Perfect for working mothers!

Cons

It can take time to build your schedule and get regular clients but once you do you will see many of them for the rest of their lives!

January 8, 2021Human Resources Generalist

WOW! Thank you for you providing us with such positive, honest feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have found your stride with FirstLight and have enjoyed the benefit of flexible scheduling. It is always a delight to hear that such opportunities create a sense of ease for FirstLight family members enabling them to also prioritize being active, engaged family members to their own. We genuinely appreciate your feedback and are glad that you have a client base that you are excited to see for the years to come. Thank you, again!

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Denver, CO

I have been working at FirstLight Home Care full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, relaxed environment, personable staff

Cons

Spend all day dealing with difficult people

January 8, 2021Human Resources Generalist

Thank you so much for providing your feedback and personal experiences with us. It is so exciting to hear that you have such a love for FirstLight Home Care. We are disheartened to learn of some of your experiences with clients though. Our Culture of Care is the foundation of all with which we do at FirstLight and we want that to be felt each and every day. Thank you again for providing your feedback, as we wouldn't know how to improve and grow without it. You are appreciated!

4. "One of the best jobs I've had , EVER !"

Current Employee - Caregiver in Denver, CO

I have been working at FirstLight Home Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, great staff, making a meaningful impact in the lives of those we help :) raise every 3 months

Cons

Not a lot of room for career growth, driving , the dirty side of being a caregiver lol, lack of communication at times, and some clients not as nice as others.

January 8, 2021Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your FirstLight story with us. It is so exciting to hear that you have such a love for FirstLight Home Care. Your passion for the work that you do is evident and we are delighted to know that your hard work and dedication has paid off, giving you opportunities for raises and independence at work. We are saddened to learn of some of your isolated experiences with our clients- we are lucky to have such a devoted, compassionate individual caring for them. Thank you again for providing your feedback, as we wouldn't know how to improve or grow without it. You are appreciated!

5. "no hours"

2.0
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Akron, OH

I worked at FirstLight Home Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

they were easy to get ahold of

Cons

no hours, company ran by family and extremely rude to the caregivers.

January 14, 2021Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. I am very disheartened to hear that you feel this way. Our goal is to create a work environment that matches the FirstLight Culture of Care that families across the nation experience when they work with our owners. Your comments clearly indicate that in your eyes we missed the mark. For this, I am truly sorry. We appreciate that you took the time to provide detailed suggestions on how to improve our operations. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us at hrsupport@firstlighthomecare.com.

6. "Firstlight Denver West"

Current Employee - In Home Caregiver in Denver, CO

I have been working at FirstLight Home Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy the same clients everyday the 90 day raise And of course the Christmas parties and the Christmas surprise bonus check I received

Cons

I have worked here for 4 years and I unable to move up in the company they have sent me to clients that have cats that I'm allergic to they send me from Lakewood to Aurora and the mileage is pathetic .35 cents per mile that doesn't include the wear and tear on my vehicle which I am working on my second car

January 14, 2021Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. I am very disheartened to hear that you feel this way. Our goal is to create a work environment that matches the FirstLight Culture of Care that families across the nation experience when they work with our owners. Your comments clearly indicate that in your eyes we missed the mark. For this, I am truly sorry. We appreciate that you took the time to provide detailed suggestions on how to improve our operations, it shows that you are truly invested in FirstLight Home Care. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us at hrsupport@firstlighthomecare.com.

7. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Scheduler in Delaware, OH

I have been working at FirstLight Home Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

FirstLight is a great place to work! They are flexible with your availability and are so kind and caring, they treat you like family! This is the first job I have had that I can say that I truly love my job! It's not often you find a place you're happy to get up and go to everyday, but here I feel that way!

Cons

Sadness happens when you lose your clients.

January 1, 2021Director of Human Resources

Thank you so much for providing us your feedback. It is great to hear that you "you love your job!" We are always focused on Our Culture of Care and it is evident that it is shining through and making an impact on you. It is never easy loosing a client and I encourage you to lean on your office team and other caregivers for the support that you need. Thank you again for providing your feedback!

8. "Good and Bad"

Current Employee - Caregiver in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at FirstLight Home Care part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, and decent pay.

Cons

No PTO, expensive insurance, forced OT if replacement isn't found, not always informed of policies

January 7, 2021Director of Human Resources

Thank you for providing us your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your pay as well as the flexible hours provided to you. We continuously strive to improve our communication so that all caregivers are receiving the same message and we apologize that we missed the mar with you. If you would like to share more detailed information on how we can improve in these areas please email us at hrsupport@firstlighthomecare.com.

"Caregiver"

2.0
    Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Southbury, CT

I worked at FirstLight Home Care full-time

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Not organized with scheduling and pay rate should be higher

January 1, 2021Director of Human Resources

Thank you so much for providing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you worked with people that you could connect with. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations with your scheduling needs as we know that this is a very important element to the satisfaction of our caregivers. If you would like to provide more detail on how we can improve our scheduling practices we would love to hear from you. Please email us hrsupport@firstlighthome care if you would like to share more details. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

10. "It’s okay"

4.0
    Former Employee - Caregiver, CNA in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at FirstLight Home Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything about it is good

Cons

Not too much bad I can think of

January 8, 2021Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for providing us your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with the opportunities that FirstLight Home Care offers. We strive to provide people with experiences in which the positives far outweigh the alternative. It is heartwarming to know that we have achieved this with you. Thank you again for providing your feedback. If you would like to share more detailed information on how we can improve in these areas please email us at hrsupport@firstlighthomecare.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 243 English Reviews