FirstPort Reviews

Found 213 of over 301 reviews

4.2
FirstPort Chief Executive Nigel Howell
Nigel Howell
Pros
  • "Working for FirstPort has been a first class experience from the moment I applied for the position(in 37 reviews)

• "It's a positive place to work with great people(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "My only con is not having met my team in person yet, through no fault of FirstPort(in 10 reviews)

• "Property Managers - Often unqualified people who have retired from or failed at other careers(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really Great Workplace

Sep 23, 2021 - Customer Support Coordinator in Luton, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Firstport look after their employees, they appreciate you and recognise your talents. If you have any issues that affect your work they are very understanding, we have mental health advocates and an excellent HR department. A thriving place to work.

Cons

If you do well in a position they can be reluctant to promote you to other areas of the business. Not always a bad thing though as that means they cannot spare to loose your expertise.

Head of Talent

Thank you so much for your great feedback - it is wonderful to hear of the support you are getting :)

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Employment

Oct 23, 2021 - Property Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working & friendly staff

Cons

As the company is doing well financially buying more business, they need to not be tight with their money and invest in hiring staff to share the workload if they want to be the uk's favourite property manager.

3. Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly Medium pace work

Oct 14, 2021 - Housekeeper/Server in Margate, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work is easy people are friendly,

Cons

Low pay no overtime available no work life balance

Head of Talent

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, it's really important to help us continue to improve our colleague experience. We work really hard to make sure people feel they have a good wok life balance, so your comment about this concerns me. Please make sure you talk to your Line Manager who can support you with this, or feel free to contact either myself your HR partner directly

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Supportive, solid, progressive company

Sep 15, 2021 - Development Manager Trainer in Colchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Firstport Retirement Property Services Ltd for seven years - which is the longest I have worked for any company. I find the company to be very supportive and progressive. Although I am getting the seven year itch, I know that my career can progress with FP and I am actively supported to progress my own development. Although I may leave my current role, I have no plans to leave FP.

Cons

As will all large companies, sometimes ideas created at HQ don't work as expected at the coal face.

Head of Talent

Thank you so much for your feedback, great to hear you are enjoying your time at FirstPort

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don't work here

Oct 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can work from home

Cons

Managers are useless, so many people leaving

Head of Talent

Thank you for your feedback, we welcome all comments and whilst is is not nice to read it helps us address issues as they come up. I'd be interested to hear more, please feel free to contact me on Emma.Smith@FirstPort.co.uk to discuss the challenges you are facing and how I can help

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The worst company I have ever worked for - avoid like the plague!

Sep 19, 2021 - Office Administrator in New Milton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a job! Property transfer team, lovely team to work with shame the management are so bad & belittling!

Cons

They promise you the world, all fabrication unless your 'face fits!' Most training consists of a 20 minute zoom call, then ask a colleague! Horrendous Customer service High turnover of staff

1 person found this review helpful

Head of Talent

Sorry to hear about your experience, I know the leadership team in Property Transfer do all they can to support their team in this challenging time, I am sorry you did not feel this was the case. I wish you all the best for the future

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

New management / structures not great

Aug 20, 2021 - Customer Service in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Home based, people you work with in teams are great

Cons

Micro managed, bad management, new management dont care about the customers or staff its all based on stats and figures

Head of Talent

Sorry to hear about your experience, Please feel free to contact me on Emma.Smith@FirstPort.co.uk. to talk more about what we can do to support you.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Been a breath of fresh air

Jul 29, 2021 - Property Manager in Warrington, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy to manage time. Given the tools to do the job. Good work life balance. Home working. Working with people

Cons

Sometimes a negative view by the public of the service we provide. Systems have been a bit unwieldy but are improving

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Very good company to work for.

Jul 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Heathfield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

every day is different, residents off all different characters.

Cons

lone working can be challenging

Head of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. great to hear you are enjoying your time at FirstPort. Have you set up your lone working buddy, if not I would encourage you to do this :)

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

First impressions

Jul 20, 2021 - Development Manager in Aylesbury, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Caring company striving to be the best.

Cons

Initially large number of systems and forms to master.

Head of Talent

Thank you for a great 5* review and a massive welcome to the FirstPort family :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 213 Reviews