FreeAgent Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

205.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=FreeAgent~1000920
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Would recommend to anyone

May 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Strong career progression options - Product engineering teams given a good deal of flexibility and autonomy - Friendly and engaged staff across all departments - Making actual differences to real people

Cons

- The real strength of the company comes from the team leads and not the execs - Underperformance in leadership positions, especially in engineering.

2. 1.0

Poor management

May 7, 2022 - Engineering Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

None to speak of unfortunately.

Cons

Wrong people in the wrong director positions. Once the founders left, it went down the toilet.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great working environment to grow

Jan 18, 2022 - Head of Sales in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great relaxed working environment that challenges me to perform at a high level but also to develop my skills outwith my area. In numerous roles, I have had the flexibility to be creative and enhance skills, while being made accountable for delivering for the team.

Cons

Business strategy is not always followed by the team and although individual input in company strategy is welcome, sometimes feel that teams work in individual silos. Missed deadlines and opportunities are not addressed

Continue reading

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It is great to hear you've had the opportunity to enhance and develop your skills here at FreeAgent. Thank you also for sharing your constructive feedback and advice, it is very useful to receive this insight. Over recent months we’ve been focusing on how to ensure everyone is aligned to the same vision now that we’re a larger team. We’re taking steps to make sure the company strategy is understood across the whole team through greater communication and discussion, and team strategies complement each other by looking at these more holistically across the company. It would be great to chat further in person to understand where we can focus more attention.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

High energy Edinburgh based FinTech company.

Sep 29, 2021 - Architecture Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great recruitment and onboarding process. Open, friendly culture with a good work life balance. Modern technology organisation with excellent cloud based continuous deployment capabilities.

Cons

Focused on Ruby on Rails, which is great if you're a Rails developer.

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

It is great to hear you're enjoying your experience with FreeAgent. Thank you for contributing to our open and friendly culture!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Treat you like a capable grownup

Jul 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team. Solid training. Great level of communication.

Cons

Not cons known at the moment

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and positive experience at FreeAgent!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great management

Jul 4, 2021 - Software Engineering Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good work / life balance - very good managers - live their values

Cons

Feels less like a startup now. That's ok for me but some might not like it.

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts 🙂 We've been on an exciting journey as a company, but it is great to hear your feedback around continuing to live and be guided by our original values. Thanks again!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A fantastic place to work.

Jun 9, 2021 - Senior Marketing Executive in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, benefits salary and people.

Cons

None that are truly cons enough to not want to join.

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! 😊

8. 5.0

Love, love, love it!

Mar 15, 2021 - Support Accountant in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, culture and ethos. Weekly Town Halls which make you feel part of the bigger picture. There is always something fun on the go to keep everyone excited and feel part of the team: quizzes, relay events, fun Friday lunchtime challenges, baking and photo channels...wonderful place to work.

Cons

Cannot think of one at all.

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we loved reading it! 😊

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company I have ever worked for in nearly 40 years

Sep 11, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer I in Swindon, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at FreeAgent for almost a year now and I can't rate FreeAgent highly enough. I would give more stars if I could. The bottom line is that FreeAgent take care of their people. They invest heavily in finding the best talent, and then treat them the best. They have very generous benefits (that I personally have found very extremely useful) and twice-yearly *thorough* reviews. There's a fantastic onboarding regime, weekly town hall meetings and active encouragement to learn, grow and further your career. Management are friendly and approachable, and the rest of the staff are amazing - I've yet to meet a colleague that I don't like or even have any reservations about which is amazing for a company of this size. There's a no-blame culture when things go wrong, and no egos to contend with. Everyone rallies around when necessary and even though there are many sub-teams, there is always an eagerness to help each other. FreeAgent were ahead of the curve in supporting fully remote team workers and so with the Covid-19 crisis, they were able to deal with everyone switching to remote working with relative ease. FreeAgent are a people-first company and in my opinion it pays off enormously with Loyalty and Pride which translates to a better product because everyone genuinely cares.

Cons

I used to think I would dislike working in a "Happy, Clappy" environment. People at FreeAgent do celebrate each other's successes, no matter how big or small, and because it always comes across as genuine (at least to me) it feels good to be part of it. However, if you *really* don't like that sort of thing then that's the only potential negative i can think of.

Continue reading

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

That's a really nice read, thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience here 🙂

10. 5.0

Great Company, People and Culture

Sep 10, 2020 - Group Engineering Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people to work and grow with. Management provide opportunity, transparency and autonomy to really make a difference for customers

Cons

None that I can readily think of

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with potential applicants 🙂

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews

FreeAgent Reviews FAQs

FreeAgent has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 55 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at FreeAgent to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, FreeAgent employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at FreeAgent. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

100% of FreeAgent employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated FreeAgent 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with FreeAgent Job Seekers