FreeAgent Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

FreeAgent Reviews

Found 9 reviews

4.8
Ed Molyneux
  1. "Incredibly organised for newcomers"

• Overall
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Team incredibly communicative and helpful - On-boarding very organised - very little is left up to the newcomer to have to ask about. - There seems to be a lot of focus on employee satisfaction. - Bi-annual hack days, as well as 6 weekly "Wiggle" weeks where you can work on something you want, provided it's relevant to the company.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Great learning and challenge"

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I've been at FreeAgent for 2 years and have to say it's the most challenging but at the same time most enjoyable place I have worked. I feel motivated to do my best and my work requires me to create new things and solve problems, but it's an enjoyable process with lovely colleagues and a healthy work environment. Always looking to introduce great perks and fun into the office

Cons

Typical days involve a few more meetings than I was used to before but the up shot of this is joined up thinking through collaborative working and no good ideas get missed! So not really a con I guess

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

January 9, 2019

Hi, Thanks for such a great review! Mhari, People Operations

3. "You should work here!"

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Career opportunities We are well looked after Good work life balance Good benefits Friendly culture Friday lunch, pool table, table tennis, drinks and snacks

Cons

I can't think of any!

Advice to Management

Thanks for taking care of us

January 9, 2019

Hi, Thanks for your review, great to see your list of pros! Mhari, People Operations

"A great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Sales in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than a year

Pros

A really welcoming company. I haven't wanted for anything and everyone is always more then happy to help! I couldn't recommend applying for any vacancies enough!

Cons

Really can't see any at this point!

May 1, 2017People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

That's great to know you have felt so welcomed! Thanks for leaving such positive feedback. If you do have any ideas for improvement in future then don't hesitate to let us know.

"I love working here and would 100% recommend it as a place to work"

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've found this to be a really fun environment with a variety of social activities to take part in. You can join games nights, team charity runs, or just play pool and have a beer after work in the shared kitchen. People are friendly and inclusive and this helps new joiners settle in really quickly. There is a good work-life balance and although people work hard, there is an informal atmosphere that makes it easy to...

Cons

I can't think of any cons so far. The company is growing very quickly so we just need to make sure we adapt quickly and continue the great things that are in place already.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent and making time to hear everyone's views.

March 6, 2017People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

This review has certainly perked me up this Monday morning. Great to hear that the various activities and initiatives are well received and that you are having a very positive experience working at FreeAgent. You are right to point out the need to take care to maintain our transparency ...

"A good place to work"

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Amazing people to work with, good work environment, very friendly company, reasonable autonomy. Everyone has great enthusiasm for their work.

Cons

Lofty goals and planning of too much work per quarter is often demoralising, not as flexible as they make out – it really depends on department whether you can work flexibly, not enough time for personal development

February 23, 2017People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience working for FreeAgent. It’s great to know that we are achieving our objective of making it a great place to work with an open and friendly culture. Thanks also for your comments relating to ...

7. "A great place to work"

I have been working at FreeAgent for more than 6 years

Pros

A team that's not only highly skilled and intelligent but very friendly. There's nobody at FreeAgent I wouldn't be happy to have a coffee with. Free lunch every Friday, whatever kind of tea you want, and plenty of biscuits - that's if the boss hasn't eaten them!

Cons

The only disadvantage is the commute but that's my fault for living in Cumbria!

Advice to Management

Stop scoffing all the biscuits!

"Software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time

Pros

Good culture, healthy environment, company focused on quality with lovely people. Amazing offices in Edinburgh. No micromanagement.

Cons

I had to leave the company for personal reasons (non-related to this company), a tough decision cause I loved to work there.

Advice to Management

The company is growing very fast, my advice to the management is keep this magic environment, avoid corporative models as much as you can.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at FreeAgent

Pros

Everyone really friendly, including the executive team. Great understanding of work life balance and willing to be flexible for the benefit of the employee. Just a fun place to work.

Cons

The next place I worked was rubbish in comparison.

Found 9 reviews