FreeAgent Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2021

Found 25 of over 45 reviews

5.0
FreeAgent CEO Ed Molyneux (no image)
Ed Molyneux
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Treat you like a capable grownup

Jul 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team. Solid training. Great level of communication.

Cons

Not cons known at the moment

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great management

Jul 4, 2021 - Software Engineering Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good work / life balance - very good managers - live their values

Cons

Feels less like a startup now. That's ok for me but some might not like it.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A fantastic place to work.

Jun 9, 2021 - Senior Marketing Executive in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, benefits salary and people.

Cons

None that are truly cons enough to not want to join.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love, love, love it!

Mar 15, 2021 - Support Accountant in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, culture and ethos. Weekly Town Halls which make you feel part of the bigger picture. There is always something fun on the go to keep everyone excited and feel part of the team: quizzes, relay events, fun Friday lunchtime challenges, baking and photo channels...wonderful place to work.

Cons

Cannot think of one at all.

5. 5.0

Best company I have ever worked for in nearly 40 years

Sep 11, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer I in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at FreeAgent for almost a year now and I can't rate FreeAgent highly enough. I would give more stars if I could. The bottom line is that FreeAgent take care of their people. They invest heavily in finding the best talent, and then treat them the best. They have very generous benefits (that I personally have found very extremely useful) and twice-yearly *thorough* reviews. There's a fantastic onboarding regime, weekly town hall meetings and active encouragement to learn, grow and further your career. Management are friendly and approachable, and the rest of the staff are amazing - I've yet to meet a colleague that I don't like or even have any reservations about which is amazing for a company of this size. There's a no-blame culture when things go wrong, and no egos to contend with. Everyone rallies around when necessary and even though there are many sub-teams, there is always an eagerness to help each other. FreeAgent were ahead of the curve in supporting fully remote team workers and so with the Covid-19 crisis, they were able to deal with everyone switching to remote working with relative ease. FreeAgent are a people-first company and in my opinion it pays off enormously with Loyalty and Pride which translates to a better product because everyone genuinely cares.

Cons

I used to think I would dislike working in a "Happy, Clappy" environment. People at FreeAgent do celebrate each other's successes, no matter how big or small, and because it always comes across as genuine (at least to me) it feels good to be part of it. However, if you *really* don't like that sort of thing then that's the only potential negative i can think of.

Continue reading

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

That's a really nice read, thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience here 🙂

6. 5.0

Great Company, People and Culture

Sep 10, 2020 - Group Engineering Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people to work and grow with. Management provide opportunity, transparency and autonomy to really make a difference for customers

Cons

None that I can readily think of

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with potential applicants 🙂

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Outstanding company - great place to be

Feb 6, 2020 - People Consultant - TA in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture which goes far beyond the free food and pool tables! There is a genuine focus on putting employees first and ensuring people are happy in their work. I would say the best thing about FreeAgent is the connectivity and communication between teams - everyone is aligned in their goals and work together seamlessly to achieve these and improve where-ever possible. You are encouraged and feel comfortable contributing to discussions from day 1 - everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

Cons

Haven't come across one yet

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

A place you don't want to leave at home time.

Jul 9, 2019 - SENIOR VIDEOGRAPHER in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's my fourth month in, and I'm loving it. The culture here derives from a philosophy of wanting to be around 'good people'. Combined with only hiring the cream of the crop, you get an atmosphere where the office is constantly alive with chatter, laugher and high-quality work. To be surrounded every day by such friends, and work together to create some amazing products is what every person strives for. You'll be spending 8 hours a day with everyone, and FreeAgent make it a mission to ensure all these people are lovely. The induction is rigorous very inclusive, really showing you the ropes and avoiding the 'deep end'. The CEO even has a sit down with every new employee and talks through his ethos for starting the company. Working with high-brow corporations like RBS, NatWest, Monzo and Yodlee means the work flow is constantly raising the bar, and the ride so far has been wonderful. Oh, and the catered lunch Fridays and free beer fridge is always a bonus ;)

Cons

At 4 months in there are no cons so far.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to pop in your review. Hopefully you're still loving it!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic company to work for.

Feb 6, 2020 - Finance Assistant in Livingston, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at FreeAgent for 3 years and it is the best company I have ever worked for. Super talented work colleagues, everyone is so nice and you are really made to feel that you are an important part of the team. Great perks include fruit, biscuits and Friday lunch. The office has all the latest equipment and we have amazing views over Edinburgh.

Cons

There are no cons to working at FreeAgent

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to say so, it's much appreciated.

10. 5.0

Loving every minute

Feb 6, 2020 - Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best people you could ask to work with Interesting problems Wonderful perks (Friday lunch, in-house massages, snacks for days, great view from a great office) Advancement opportunities

Cons

There are not any, really.

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

That's great to hear, thanks for taking the time!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews