FreeAgent Reviews

Updated 14 May 2020

4.9
FreeAgent CEO Ed Molyneux (no image)
Ed Molyneux
  1. Featured Review

"Fantastic company to work for."

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Livingston, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at FreeAgent for 3 years and it is the best company I have ever worked for. Super talented work colleagues, everyone is so nice and you are really made to feel that you are an important part of the team. Great perks include fruit, biscuits and Friday lunch. The office has all the latest equipment and we have amazing views over Edinburgh.

Cons

There are no cons to working at FreeAgent

FreeAgent2020-02-06
  2. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Practice Implementation Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time

Pros

-Very transparent -Employees are treated with dignity, the senior management team is fantastic -Inclusiveness. You will genuinely feel working toward the success of the entire company.

Cons

-Nothing I can think off at the moment

FreeAgent2020-05-14
  3. "Outstanding company - great place to be"

Current Employee - People Consultant - TA in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture which goes far beyond the free food and pool tables! There is a genuine focus on putting employees first and ensuring people are happy in their work. I would say the best thing about FreeAgent is the connectivity and communication between teams - everyone is aligned in their goals and work together seamlessly to achieve these and improve where-ever possible. You are encouraged and feel comfortable contributing to discussions from day 1 - everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

Cons

Haven't come across one yet

4. "Loving every minute"

Current Employee - Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best people you could ask to work with Interesting problems Wonderful perks (Friday lunch, in-house massages, snacks for days, great view from a great office) Advancement opportunities

Cons

There are not any, really.

March 9, 2020Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

That's great to hear, thanks for taking the time!

5. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office culture is great - there’s a real emphasis on collaboration. The planning cycles work really well, meaning everyone is working towards the same goal.

Cons

There is rapid growth, which is exciting but we have probably passed the point where you know who everyone is and what they do.

FreeAgent2019-10-06

January 13, 2020People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. It's great you feel part of the planning and enjoy the collaboration here. Culture remains a big focus for us in the hiring, and employee experience. Hopefully you'll continue to see and experience that too.

6. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Support Accountant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at FreeAgent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovative company with well structured new staff training process, career development, amazing benefits including private health care, generous holiday allowance, work from home and many more; great team, supportive management

Cons

Nothing I can think of

FreeAgent2019-08-31

September 10, 2019People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Great to hear your experience. Really pleased you're enjoying it so far! Thanks for your review.

"A place you don't want to leave at home time."

Current Employee - SENIOR VIDEOGRAPHER in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time

Pros

It's my fourth month in, and I'm loving it. The culture here derives from a philosophy of wanting to be around 'good people'. Combined with only hiring the cream of the crop, you get an atmosphere where the office is constantly alive with chatter, laugher and high-quality work. To be surrounded every day by such friends, and work together to create some amazing products is what every person strives for. You'll be spending 8 hours a day with everyone, and FreeAgent make it a mission to ensure all these people are lovely. The induction is rigorous very inclusive, really showing you the ropes and avoiding the 'deep end'. The CEO even has a sit down with every new employee and talks through his ethos for starting the company. Working with high-brow corporations like RBS, NatWest, Monzo and Yodlee means the work flow is constantly raising the bar, and the ride so far has been wonderful. Oh, and the catered lunch Fridays and free beer fridge is always a bonus ;)

Cons

At 4 months in there are no cons so far.

FreeAgent2019-07-09

January 13, 2020People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to pop in your review. Hopefully you're still loving it!

"A truly great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Communications Executive in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with FreeAgent for a bit over 6 months now. A lot of people have joined with me and after me, as the company has ambitious growth plans. FreeAgent has a very good onboarding for new joiners, which makes you feel "at home" quickly. The work is interesting, the people are great and supporting. Managers really care about their team and helping them progress in their careers. Great culture. As someone else mentioned, it almost seems too good to be true!

Cons

Nothing I can think of

FreeAgent2019-06-27

July 7, 2019People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review! It's great to hear you've had a really positive experience.

"Cannot overstate how good it is to work here"

Current Employee - Support Accountant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic culture and atmosphere of inclusion and co-operation. You really feel like part of the team and that you are all working together. If you need anything, there is always someone there to offer help. Everyone who starts, thinks "This is too good to be true"....but it really is that good!

Cons

Can't think of anything at all.

FreeAgent2019-05-17

May 22, 2019People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your great experience, so glad you're enjoying being here.

"Just a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Swansea, Wales

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Here's the thing and let's get down to brass tacks, it's a great place to work. It's challenging, open, driven but with healthy limits, a team-focused place to get things done. There are meetings but they are short, agenda-driven, and punchy. There's a breadth of technologies to get stuck into. But more than that, I want to give you my read on the first two months. Before FreeAgent, I was a toolchain engineer. I'd spent eighteen years writing C, C++ and Python. I wanted a challenge. Something different. I carefully researched the opportunities. I looked at FreeAgent and saw that their executive team had taken it from a small start-up to an IPO and then back to being a subsidiary. They kept the team together, and happy, during all of those tumultuous years. Clearly, they lead from the front and lead competently. So I took the plunge and applied. I interviewed. I did a brief programming test (at home, on my own time) and then went up to interview at HQ. I was impressed by their need to get the culture right when hiring. The interview process was quite tough but always friendly and respectful. If you are on the fence about an opportunity there, roll the dice, and give it a whirl. That's my honest advice. Whether you come out of it employed or not, you'll be glad you did. My first two months have been undeniably challenging. There's a large cognitive load but I see that as a challenge. But you're never alone. You are always supported, patiently and in an open, friendly and collaborative manner. Be that on slack, or over an audio/video call, I've never once felt isolated or stymied when I needed help. But don't expect to come to FreeAgent and expect to turn in mediocre work. Excellence is required and encouraged; and you are supported in striving for better quality work. We work 35 hours a week and get things done in those 35 hours. And that's just it. After your full day you're not expected to hang around or check email. The focus on work/life balance here is impressive. In my two months, I've deployed many times with their continuous integration system. One deploy caused issues, was rolled back, fixed and redeployed. My instinct was to feel bad about it but FreeAgent did not accept that. They helped me fix it, helped me redeploy it, made sure the lessons I learned had been taken on board and did it all in a professional, friendly way. There's no blame. There's no exasperated sighs. We're all learning. And that professional but friendly attitude permeates through the organisation. I'll update my review as the months roll by.

Cons

None at the present time.

FreeAgent2019-04-07