FreeAgent Reviews

Updated 11 Sep 2020

5.0
FreeAgent CEO Ed Molyneux (no image)
Ed Molyneux
  1. Featured Review

"Fantastic company to work for."

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Livingston, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at FreeAgent for 3 years and it is the best company I have ever worked for. Super talented work colleagues, everyone is so nice and you are really made to feel that you are an important part of the team. Great perks include fruit, biscuits and Friday lunch. The office has all the latest equipment and we have amazing views over Edinburgh.

Cons

There are no cons to working at FreeAgent

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to say so, it's much appreciated.

2. COVID-19

"Best company I have ever worked for in nearly 40 years"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer I in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at FreeAgent for almost a year now and I can't rate FreeAgent highly enough. I would give more stars if I could. The bottom line is that FreeAgent take care of their people. They invest heavily in finding the best talent, and then treat them the best. They have very generous benefits (that I personally have found very extremely useful) and twice-yearly *thorough* reviews. There's a fantastic onboarding regime, weekly town hall meetings and active encouragement to learn, grow and further your career. Management are friendly and approachable, and the rest of the staff are amazing - I've yet to meet a colleague that I don't like or even have any reservations about which is amazing for a company of this size. There's a no-blame culture when things go wrong, and no egos to contend with. Everyone rallies around when necessary and even though there are many sub-teams, there is always an eagerness to help each other. FreeAgent were ahead of the curve in supporting fully remote team workers and so with the Covid-19 crisis, they were able to deal with everyone switching to remote working with relative ease. FreeAgent are a people-first company and in my opinion it pays off enormously with Loyalty and Pride which translates to a better product because everyone genuinely cares.

Cons

I used to think I would dislike working in a "Happy, Clappy" environment. People at FreeAgent do celebrate each other's successes, no matter how big or small, and because it always comes across as genuine (at least to me) it feels good to be part of it. However, if you *really* don't like that sort of thing then that's the only potential negative i can think of.

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

That's a really nice read, thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience here 🙂

3. "Great Company, People and Culture"

Current Employee - Group Engineering Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing people to work and grow with. Management provide opportunity, transparency and autonomy to really make a difference for customers

Cons

None that I can readily think of

4. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Practice Implementation Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time

Pros

-Very transparent -Employees are treated with dignity, the senior management team is fantastic -Inclusiveness. You will genuinely feel working toward the success of the entire company.

Cons

-Nothing I can think off at the moment

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Hi there, Thank you for the positive review and calling out some of the things that are really important.

5. "Outstanding company - great place to be"

Current Employee - People Consultant - TA in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture which goes far beyond the free food and pool tables! There is a genuine focus on putting employees first and ensuring people are happy in their work. I would say the best thing about FreeAgent is the connectivity and communication between teams - everyone is aligned in their goals and work together seamlessly to achieve these and improve where-ever possible. You are encouraged and feel comfortable contributing to discussions from day 1 - everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

Cons

Haven't come across one yet

6. "Loving every minute"

Current Employee - Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best people you could ask to work with Interesting problems Wonderful perks (Friday lunch, in-house massages, snacks for days, great view from a great office) Advancement opportunities

Cons

There are not any, really.

Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

That's great to hear, thanks for taking the time!

7. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office culture is great - there’s a real emphasis on collaboration. The planning cycles work really well, meaning everyone is working towards the same goal.

Cons

There is rapid growth, which is exciting but we have probably passed the point where you know who everyone is and what they do.

People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. It's great you feel part of the planning and enjoy the collaboration here. Culture remains a big focus for us in the hiring, and employee experience. Hopefully you'll continue to see and experience that too.

8. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Support Accountant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at FreeAgent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovative company with well structured new staff training process, career development, amazing benefits including private health care, generous holiday allowance, work from home and many more; great team, supportive management

Cons

Nothing I can think of

People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Great to hear your experience. Really pleased you're enjoying it so far! Thanks for your review.

"A place you don't want to leave at home time."

Current Employee - SENIOR VIDEOGRAPHER in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time

Pros

It's my fourth month in, and I'm loving it. The culture here derives from a philosophy of wanting to be around 'good people'. Combined with only hiring the cream of the crop, you get an atmosphere where the office is constantly alive with chatter, laugher and high-quality work. To be surrounded every day by such friends, and work together to create some amazing products is what every person strives for. You'll be spending 8 hours a day with everyone, and FreeAgent make it a mission to ensure all these people are lovely. The induction is rigorous very inclusive, really showing you the ropes and avoiding the 'deep end'. The CEO even has a sit down with every new employee and talks through his ethos for starting the company. Working with high-brow corporations like RBS, NatWest, Monzo and Yodlee means the work flow is constantly raising the bar, and the ride so far has been wonderful. Oh, and the catered lunch Fridays and free beer fridge is always a bonus ;)

Cons

At 4 months in there are no cons so far.

People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to pop in your review. Hopefully you're still loving it!

"A truly great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Communications Executive in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FreeAgent full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with FreeAgent for a bit over 6 months now. A lot of people have joined with me and after me, as the company has ambitious growth plans. FreeAgent has a very good onboarding for new joiners, which makes you feel "at home" quickly. The work is interesting, the people are great and supporting. Managers really care about their team and helping them progress in their careers. Great culture. As someone else mentioned, it almost seems too good to be true!

Cons

Nothing I can think of

People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review! It's great to hear you've had a really positive experience.

Found 22 reviews