FreeAgent Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FreeAgent Interview Questions

Interviews at FreeAgent

3.2

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FreeAgent.

Interview

3 stage process - HR/company fit, role and competencies, technical.
    Very thorough with the aim of ensuring an excellent match between employee and company and expectations on both sides were clear

Interview Questions

• Who has been your favourite boss in your career, and why   Answer Question

6 Oct 2020 – Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review and feedback! Welcome to the team.

Senior Backend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FreeAgent in September 2020.

Interview

The process below is for a contract position:
    1) Online application form. Attach CV and covering letter
    2) Initial 10 minute telephone interview from the internal recruiter. He discusses the position and asks about your previous experience and how you like to work.
    3) A coding challenge is sent (Ruby). This needs to be completed in your own time and sent back.
    4) If the team is happy with the quality of the coding challenge, a 90 minute video conference is arranged with the engineering managers. In this interview you talk about your coding challenge solution and are asked how it can be extended. The second part of the interview is around how you have approached software development in the past (e.g Agile)
    5) A decision is made within a few days.

I must say that the entire process was very organised and quick. I genuinely enjoyed speaking to the engineering managers and answering their questions. No irrelevant questions were asked :).

Interview Questions

FreeAgent Response

5 Oct 2020 – Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review and feedback. All the best

Senior Ruby Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FreeAgent (Edinburgh, Scotland) in September 2020.

Interview

Having applied for a contract position, the process started with a quick call with the Talent Acquisition team to understand a little more about the role and how I might fit it. Following that, I was given a take-home coding test, and then had a 90 minute interview with two Engineering Managers - we talked through my solution, and about some general technical points. We then went through a series of non-technical questions.

It was a smooth and enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

FreeAgent Response

2 Nov 2020 – Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your interview experience, all the best in the role!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreeAgent.

Interview

There's an initial phone call with their talent acquisition team, who were very friendly and answered a bunch of questions I had about the role.

There was then a technical challenge in ruby. It's not a real time algorithm or brain teaser question, they give you a real worldish challenge to complete on your own, which is a huge plus in my opinion! I think it's a much better gauge of skill level than how good you have memorised bubble sort, or whether you've done a bunch of brain teasers before.

Finally there was a skype call with three of their senior developers to discuss your tech test solution and approaches to programming problems in general. The 3 developers were very friendly and it felt more like talking shop than an interview.

Interview Questions

• To talk about my tech test solution. I'm not giving away more than that, you'll have to find out the rest when you apply!   Answer Question

6 Oct 2020 – Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We're really glad to hear your positive feedback around the technical element of our process. All the best going forward!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FreeAgent in August 2020.

Interview

Series of interviews with different employees, over 3 separate sessions:
    - Chat with recruitment
    - Take home programming exercise
    - Discussion of solution to exercise
    - "Soft skills" / culture interview
    - Diagramming a system and discussion, plus other technical questions

Interview Questions

• Talk about other approaches you considered for this programming exercise   Answer Question

2 Nov 2020 – Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the review!

Contract Ruby On Rails Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreeAgent (Sheffield, England) in July 2020.

Interview

Initial half hour interview with an initial People person - kind of like a screening interview, takeaway code test (2 hrs) which then had to be sent back for review, 1 hour technical interview with 2 engineers, mainly going over the code test, 1 hour general interview with engineering managers.

Interview Questions

FreeAgent Response

6 Oct 2020 – Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review and welcome to the team!

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FreeAgent in June 2020.

Interview

The process was very straight forward and well communicated all along the steps. Even from the job ad you were aware of how things would go.

From applying online directly through the FreeAgent careers section, within a week a member of the talent acquisition team was in touch to arrange a 30 minute telephone screening call to go over the job and allowed time to ask them questions around the role and the company.

From there they then provided details on the take home test. Having completed the take home within a week it was arranged for an hour "code review" style interview where you go over your solution and allow you to present your solution and ask further questions, while the two FreeAgent team members also asked further questions.

The next stage was an hour personal skills, and an hour and half technical interview - mine where back to back. The personal skills interview was a very standard type interview where they asked questions around different scenarios, sometimes the questions lead to further questions. There was time at the end to ask questions to them. The hour was pretty full with questions.
    The second part, the technical was split into two. First part was going over a technical diagram provided by myself that you gave a walk through and gave explanation which sparked questions from the developers interviewing you. The second part was more a standard technical interview where they asked question around HTML, CSS, JavaScript and web development, etc. No bubble sort, or algorithm questions!

From there the talent acquisition team took over on providing updates on how the interview went and providing an offer.

Interview Questions

FreeAgent Response

6 Oct 2020 – Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! We are glad the experience was a positive one - all the best going forward.

Junior UX Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreeAgent (Edinburgh, Scotland) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process for me involved three stages carried out over the course of about 3 weeks.

The first stage was a super-friendly and informal 30-minute chat with a member of the People team. The chat was an opportunity to expand on the skills and experience in my cover letter and CV. It was also a nice chance for me to ask more questions about the role and life at FreeAgent.

The second stage of the process was a video call with two members of the UX Research team and involved a more in-depth conversation about how my specific skills and experience would benefit the role and the team. Ultimately though, the interview felt really relaxed which I enjoyed as I had been very nervous in the lead up to it.

For the third and final interview I was asked to complete a couple of tasks which I was to then present to the entire UX Research team. I was given the tasks with plenty of time to prepare and was told to ask any questions that may arise - no matter how big or small they seemed! I really liked this approach as it felt as though they really wanted me to be in a position to give the interview my best shot.

I enjoyed the interview process as I felt supported by FreeAgent at every stage and had a really clear picture of what was expected of me - I was never left in the dark. After my final interview I remember feeling that I'd given it my absolute best shot so whatever the outcome I could feel proud of myself.

Interview Questions

FreeAgent Response

6 Oct 2020 – Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and the feedback. We are really glad you enjoyed the experience, it is great to hear you felt you were given the opportunity to perform at your best. Welcome to the team!

Senior Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FreeAgent (Edinburgh, Scotland) in May 2020.

Interview

Please note that this was during coronavirus so the process was fully remote and online.

Stage 1:
    - Submit CV, cover letter and answer a few questions

Stage 2:
    - Short telephone call with member of the Talent Acquisition team

Stage 3:
    - Complete a task

Stage 4:
    - Video interview with ~3 members of the team (around 45 minutes)

Stage 5:
    - Create a presentation (reviewing a webpage) for discussion during the interview
    - Data task for the first half hour of interview
    - Interview questions with ~3 members of the team

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you're interested in this role and in working for FreeAgent.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a successful campaign you've contributed to.   Answer Question

9 Jul 2020 – Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review, it's great to hear that you felt the experience was a positive one. Welcome to FreeAgent! Thanks also for your patience as we adjusted our hiring process to be fully remote during this pandemic.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreeAgent (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2020.

Interview

Great engagement throughout from the People team. Very thorough, staged interview process but always welcoming and supportive. Initial phone interview followed by a face-to-face and a design exercise. The team have been a joy to work with so far.

Interview Questions

• How do you give and receive feedback?   1 Answer

10 Jun 2020 – Senior People Consultant - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the positive feedback on the process and on settling in. All the best going forward!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.