Hootsuite Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hootsuite CEO Ryan Holmes
Ryan Holmes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Growing pains that any company goes through (in 14 reviews)

• Little or no career development for many (in 10 reviews)

"On a bumpy upward curve"

Current Employee - Presales in London, England
    Current Employee - Presales in London, England

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product with sensible partnerships plus a very well-known brand makes it easy to to talk to big-name clients.
    The rapid growth means that processes are relatively lightweight – if you want to change something for a good reason, you can.
    Trust in staff to deliver, rather than micromanagement (although this isn't universal)
    Open culture with a lack of silos – there's little internal competition, and a good focus on customers' satisfaction and success. Strong sense that we're one organisation across the offices around the world.
    Very good opportunities to move around the business, even internationally, to progress your career.
    The new office is a place to be proud of.

Cons

A couple of recent senior hiring decisions haven't worked out well, which has affected the culture and performance in some areas.
    Pre-IPO status means there's a lazer-focus on the bottom line and profitability (the flipside of generous stock options though?)
    HR come across as inexperienced and are sometimes behind the curve.

Advice to Management

Don't rest on the laurels of a great Forrester report.
    Don't be afraid to admit when a senior hire through personal connections just isn't right for the business.

2. "On the path"

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time

Pros

Listening to customer feedback to make our products and services more valuable to our enterprise customers than in the past. Seem poised to pull away from the competition after a lot of market consolidation.

A relatively sensible approach to enable people to work from home when it makes sense.

Cons

Compensation is less than the market

Advice to Management

Continue the focus of listening to our customers to ensure our solution remains the market leader because it brings value, not because we get better at positioning it or as our competitors fail

"Very poor induction but amazing people"

Former Employee - SDR in London, England
    Former Employee - SDR in London, England

I worked at Hootsuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, social Fridays with free drinks , quite flexible for working from home.

Cons

The induction is very poor and the management team doesn´t help in the first days a lot of people leaving the company every month

5. "The best nest"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing office, strong leadership, diverse company, great product, top-notch culture

Cons

Period of growth - not really a con just a natural stage of evolution

Advice to Management

Stay classy

"Sinking Ship"

Pros

Nice office with great people
    Great product even through Sprout Social and Spinklr offer a better product
    Dress down which is nice

Cons

Poor pay
    Poor product
    The SC Team have turned in to corporate, political clowns
    People are being promoted to management that should not be
    People are being hired based on personal relationships, especially if their wives approve
    It’s turning into the SAP, EMC club, full of insecure and very aggressive middle aged men
    The shiny new office is all a joke, the office is dead currently
    The biggest joke arrived from a competitor and seems to love the hybris mole
    19 people leaving in December that they know nothing about and that is across Sales, marketing, HR need I say more..... don’t join,

Advice to Management

Ryan, if you care about your business and wants to IPO, hire personable people not robots

"Hootsuite"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Hootsuite (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to learn the ropes in a SaaS org

Cons

bureaucratic, lack of processes which does not set people up for success
    Low pay

Advice to Management

The new GM is making strides in the org however he needs more support and accountability from senior management

"Hootsuite has lost its directions"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some nice people, some perks; opportunity to meet mid-big clients.
    Great place for those who want to practice office politics, especially in London office.

Cons

Very poor senior management; EMEA leadership t has completely lost any directions and ask ask lower management what to do next (which has no clue).
    Partnership team in EMEA is run by clowns (GM's dogs), Account management is overwhelmed.
    Pay is lower than industry standards... unless you are very good with office politics ;)

Advice to Management

HR team is really a joke, they should be the backbone of your company, while they just take care of their personal business.
    New senior management in EMEA is really needed.

"Implementation manager"

Former Employee - Implementation Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Implementation Manager in London, England

I worked at Hootsuite part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice culture, great branding. Agile in marketing.

Cons

Unqualified management, unagile product manager's and low solutions innovation

10. "We're not a rocket ship - we're a gradually ascending Owl - and that's better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our platform has come around in leaps and bounds in the past year, thanks to some very careful planning from our dev team and also from some brilliant acquisitions. Being in the Top Right of the Forrester Wave is just awesome. Yes our product went through some tough times as we rebuilt it - but oh my, it's formidable now - and that ranking really cements it.

With that is coming some great confidence in the company, as we look to really take us to another level. We have a strong leadership team that is experienced, and I believe that we have weeded out some of the people that shouldn't have been here.

Also benefits have improved a LOT, there is some way to go, but we have private medical, life insurance, pension, RSUs, options, dogs in the office and good amount of holiday.

In EMEA I think we finally have a leader that can take us places. He gets social, gets people and also understands Enterprise.

The CEO has great vision for the company, is inclusive, has a great team around him with more experience than ever before and is importantly open to criticism, comment and debate - we have great discussions with him directly on Workplace.

There have been mistakes, and we have all learned form them, including him.

Cons

Although we have a pension in the UK it is the most basic one possible. Would be good to look at having something more standard in industry.

Learning and Development is still lacking all over the company. There are no funds, and the in house courses are hard to come by, always full and no one ever knows about them. Also it's always delivered by internal people - we need to get real experts to deliver this and also have structure.

There have been some strange hiring decisions, and promotions in the past - I think it is getting better now as the company really looks to try and focus on personal development more - still work to do there though.

Advice to Management

Don't always hire internally - get some more great experience from outside - but work more as well on helping us to learn more.

11. "SDR"

Current Employee - SDR in London, England
    Current Employee - SDR in London, England

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and team,Keep the good work

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep the good work