Hootsuite Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hootsuite CEO Ryan Holmes
Ryan Holmes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Some growing pains, not always clear what procedures are for things (in 13 reviews)

• Good luck finding a leader who will actually have your career development in mind (in 9 reviews)

1. "We're not a rocket ship - we're a gradually ascending Owl - and that's better"

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our platform has come around in leaps and bounds in the past year, thanks to some very careful planning from our dev team and also from some brilliant acquisitions. Being in the Top Right of the Forrester Wave is just awesome. Yes our product went through some tough times as we rebuilt it - but oh my, it's formidable now - and that ranking really cements it.

With that is coming some great confidence in the company, as we look to really take us to another level. We have a strong leadership team that is experienced, and I believe that we have weeded out some of the people that shouldn't have been here.

Also benefits have improved a LOT, there is some way to go, but we have private medical, life insurance, pension, RSUs, options, dogs in the office and good amount of holiday.

In EMEA I think we finally have a leader that can take us places. He gets social, gets people and also understands Enterprise.

The CEO has great vision for the company, is inclusive, has a great team around him with more experience than ever before and is importantly open to criticism, comment and debate - we have great discussions with him directly on Workplace.

There have been mistakes, and we have all learned form them, including him.

Cons

Although we have a pension in the UK it is the most basic one possible. Would be good to look at having something more standard in industry.

Learning and Development is still lacking all over the company. There are no funds, and the in house courses are hard to come by, always full and no one ever knows about them. Also it's always delivered by internal people - we need to get real experts to deliver this and also have structure.

There have been some strange hiring decisions, and promotions in the past - I think it is getting better now as the company really looks to try and focus on personal development more - still work to do there though.

Advice to Management

Don't always hire internally - get some more great experience from outside - but work more as well on helping us to learn more.

"Implementation manager"

Former Employee - Implementation Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Implementation Manager in London, England

I worked at Hootsuite part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice culture, great branding. Agile in marketing.

Cons

Unqualified management, unagile product manager's and low solutions innovation

3. "SDR"

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and team,Keep the good work

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep the good work

"SDR"

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People
    Good Brand
    Easy to Open Conversations

Cons

Lack of structure
    Poor commission
    Targets changed consistently

Advice to Management

Communicate more clearly with people on the ground

"Great company to start but not to evolve"

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young environment
    Relaxed and friendly relationships

Cons

Not many opportunities to grow since they are not open to everybody (just made for the specific person)
    Despite offering online services to our clients, working from home is not encouraged at all
    Interdepartamental relations are not smooth at all. Too many processes to deliver a given task

Advice to Management

Value your current employees and help them progress or they will fly the nest
    Be flexible and allow your employees to work from home or abroad because this benefit will reward them enough

7. "Office manager EMEA"

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Apart from the excellent platform to exceed within the business, we are provided with amazing learning and development tools, a welcoming team and the path to create and champion your own projects.

Cons

You have to be innovative and have a passion to succeed to make it through

Advice to Management

The stretch program is an amazing initiative to improve retention and strengthen the foundation of loyal and dedicated employees

8. "Chances to grow, fast paced, some challenges"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time

Pros

Chances to grow into a range of roles

Great people

Good work/life balance

Sociable if you want it to be

Cons

A lot of decisions are made in North America

Still haven't found a perfect office space

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting top talent, find an office space that works and stick with it, let others outside of North America contribute more to the overall company strategy

"Customer Success Manager- London"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Given enough autonomy to manage customer relationships how we see fit but safe in the knowledge that there is good management backing us where required.

Open dialogue across the whole enterprise business. All execs are approachable and human

Cons

Vast majority of the power sits in Vancouver which can make RoW an afterthought at times.

Competing demands from the free, pro and enterprise businesses have created product challenges. Starting to see the focus turn to enterprise now which is where we will grow the business

Advice to Management

Attracting world class talent is one thing and we do a very good job of that but we need to ensure that once they arrive at Hootsuite, they are presented with opportunities to remain world class through career progression and world class training curriculum.

"A place to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a junior when I started at Hootsuite. The company had faith in me more than I did at that time. I've been trained and empowered by brilliant managers, had the ability to change department based on my career inspirations and to earn always more responsibilities. Hootsuite is a great place for hardworkers and passionate people who want to grow quickly in this industry.

Cons

Hootsuite is a startup, in shape and spirit. It's a fast growing company so changes and experimentations are part of the adventure.

Advice to Management

Continue to think out of the box when it comes to find new talents. I believe this is what makes Hootsuite so singular.

"Cash-flow neutral -> Fantastic turnaround -> Back on the Rocket Ship"

Current Employee - Customer Success
    Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hootsuite went through a changing year in order to get cash-flow neutral. We let go of a lot of old guard talent (I say, good riddance) and made room for world-class Canadian technology executives. They've turned it around and we're ready to now scale to the next level.

Culture has changed and has a focus on excellence. I'm excited everyday to go to work and I 100% trust our leadership. Yes, there are challenges but there are challenges in every company. If you didn't like challenges, go work in government or something!

Cons

Untalented old guard employees are still in some high places
    Growing "bros club" in areas
    Business at its very core has risks due to the social networks

Advice to Management

Keep battling growing pains. We've come so far but let's continue to push
    Negativity needs to be pruned
    Hiring strategy for more developers needs to continue
    Make sure wages reflect at least the median in the areas you hire talent in