ImagineSoftware Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

ImagineSoftware Reviews

4.2
Sam Khashman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A great experience but also very intense and expected to carry a lot of weight that may not be similar across the team."

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at ImagineSoftware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family aspect/culture, build great relationships, free lunch MWF, food/snack options daily, casual Friday’s and sometimes random casual days as rewards to goals, stay busy/rarely bored.

Cons

It’s posed as a team aspect but most of the time most coworkers did not carry their own weight. Very intense/cut throat position. Get yelled at daily by clients for a lot of things you cannot control. Micromanaging with time. No options to get a pay raise in the position regardless of performance. A lot of responsibility that is not shared across the team.

Advice to Management

Give employees even work load when in same position across board. Allow options for pay raises based on performance.

"Tough Place to Work"

I have been working at ImagineSoftware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO is nice
    Benefits
    Free Lunch
    Office location

Cons

Low Pay
    Friends in Management
    Slow to fire bad managers/employees

3. "Continuous Growth & Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at ImagineSoftware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family-style work environment, fast paced, we have a great product, well-known in industry, fun people to work alongside, work hard/play hard mentality, continuous growth in forecast, delicious catered lunches 3X week, company events should be a benefit in itself, excellent medical, dental, and matching 401Kbenefits, all my friends keep asking for me to get them a job here.

Cons

Only one restaurant in walking distance, open office space is tough for some employees to concentrate despite white noise,

Advice to Management

Keep up the great events, love the daily and weekly update meetings so we are on the same page, the 15min chair massages during employee appreciation day should have been longer, would be cool if we could switch out a catered lunch for a breakfast every once in a while preferably on a Monday.

"A Whole New World!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at ImagineSoftware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for Imagine is an adventure, everyday. Being on the cutting edge of a continually changing industry is fulfilling, and refreshing. Sam keeps all of us on our toes, and is always willing to jump in the trenches with us to make sure our clients are always on the receiving end of "the very best we have to give."

Cons

The new brew of coffee is really very, very bad. There are really not very many cons without sounding nit picky.

Advice to Management

Communication. Involve others different departments in discussions to get a different perspective. Everyone wins when we all have a buy in

"Great reviews always follow great companies!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at ImagineSoftware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our mission for 17 is awesome. Everyone (well almost) is on the same page. Full transparency of all departments and financials. Way to move up accountability, chief. CEO's servant leadership style works! More than a speech. It's inspiring, but Sam is right there with us. We heard you, clients first :-)

Cons

A few admins look like they are checked out. The boss always says check for will versus skill. I don't think they are lacking skill.

Advice to Management

I am a believer but I was skeptical at Vision day. Not now. What an great change. Like a previous post said, "keep pounding, Sam"

"Take note good reviews follow the bad ones"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at ImagineSoftware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not really any except that the CEO makes it seem like it is the best place ever. They have these great meetings once in awhile where everyone shares ideas and you get really pumped up but then nothing happens that was talked about.

Cons

Year after year we are promised a bonus. We were taken over and once that happened my pay has not changed. They don't care about what the employees really want or if they are paying them for productivity like one of the comments said. They just expect more and more out of people and then lie to your face when you question a salary increase. "We are putting a bonus structure together.....Sam is working on it.......I think he said in the meeting that soon they will be coming......all lies. and if you express your concern they pretend to listen but then brand you a negative person. The open door policy is bs. Just because the CEO pulls his chair up to your desk and chats with you asking you "what are you doing" doesn't mean he cares it is him wanting to make sure you are working your butt off. The half day pep talk is a joke - it just makes the narcissist in him feel better because nothing will come of it.

Advice to Management

Give your people some respect. Stop lying and say you are going to give them a bonus...if you are not going to do it just stop saying you will and be honest and tell them that you can't because of whatever reason. It is hard to "imagine" why we all don't deserve a raise after 3 years but go ahead and at least try to explain it. People want to leave trust me but as another commenter said some of the staff is older and likes the work just not the fact that there is no respect or raises. Please stop writing good reviews after you see a bad or not so good one it is stupid. They all sound the same so maybe you should ask someone else to write the good reviews.

"Great Company, Great Environment, Great Future!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at ImagineSoftware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to help create success within the company and for the client base
    Fun environment, fast paced, yet low stress
    Core values that emphasize integrity

Cons

Departments need to work together cohesively, yet they tend to remain apart

Advice to Management

Get the departments working with each other and have department heads promote a fun camaraderie

"Get on board"

I have been working at ImagineSoftware full-time

Pros

Imagine is a constantly evolving company. The company is always improving and adjusting its course. It's a great work environment for those that can change and adjust their own ways.

Cons

Imagine likes to hold on to people that cant adjust to new concepts. Your voice matters here and those that would rather not be vocal ruin it for the others.

Advice to Management

Lead your teams, keep an open mind and take suggestions. Get rid of the weeds.

"Great people, weird culture"

Pros

small company good for working relationships
    Good people
    free lunch three days a week
    PTO
    relaxed environment
    working with/for clients
    Creative freedom to create documentation standards

Cons

Nepotism
    False sense of transparency
    Confidentiality
    Pay
    Diversity (male and female leadership)
    Easy to be appeased by fluffy "benefits"
    Organizational structure
    Onboarding/training methods
    Several inefficiencies

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, don't automatically categorize them for negative feedback or completely dismiss them with a false sense of concern. Instead use it as an opportunity for growth and learn how to decipher between complaints, and people who want to make a difference where they are. Live the value of accountability, and actually hold people accountable for their actions especially when it affects performance. Pay people competitively. Promote and hire women to executive roles.

"Future growth"

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at ImagineSoftware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Since our acquisition our team has grown. We look forward to a bright future with Imagine and appreciate the team atmosphere. We work hard and love the opportunity of constantly improving our processes and ways of thinking.

Cons

We are growing and have experienced some growing pains. At times it is a challenge to keep moving at a fast pace but know it's worth the effort.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your faith in us. Team visits for different offices and remote employees can be helpful.