Instinct Resourcing Reviews

Current Employee

Life at Instinct

8 Mar 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pleasant working environment, nice people and good career opportunities

Cons

No cons for life at Instinct

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

26 Feb 2021 - Higher Education Talent Manager in Manchester City Centre, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is fantastic team culture. It's a huge cliche but I genuinely do get on with everyone here and the socials are brilliant. Mike and Matt have really looked after me since starting. I started at Instinct two months before the uncertainty of COVID started and they both handled the situation in an exemplary fashion. They always offer advice, and they really do reward hard work (I have been promoted twice in my first year!)

Cons

No cons at this moment in time.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not your usual Recruitment Company - Best decision I ever made!!

26 Feb 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A brilliant company to work for! Not your usual recruitment company, enjoyable rewarding work and a fantastic team - can't recommend enough. Unbelievable rewards like Lunch Club, Super tips and Commission bonus's. A team that get's on so well and Managers that will always help you out.

Cons

There are none - nothing I would change.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Fantastic Place to Work!

25 Jan 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Instinct for nearly five years and enjoyed every minute of my time there! I joined the company with no prior recruitment experience but was able to hit the ground running very quickly after being trained and coached by both Directors, who were very hands-on and involved in developing their staff and had expert knowledge of the sector that the company specialises in. Over time, Matt & Mike developed a friendly, relaxed company culture, with a strong set of values, where everyone knew what was expected of them on a daily basis, so there was no micro-management. Throughout my time there, they continued to be on hand to provide advice and guidance and were really passionate about growing the company from within and developing you as a person, as well as an employee. You were also given the freedom to choose how you wanted your career to develop. The rest of the team were also a pleasure to work with and everyone got on very well. By the time I left, the team were consistently achieving personal and team incentives, which led to a number of trips abroad, award ceremonies and weekends away, all expenses paid! I left Instinct due to a relocation and was fully supported by both Directors, who helped make a stressful process a lot easier through their help and flexibility, which I'm extremely grateful for.

Cons

Due to an abundance of sweet treats that are constantly in the office, it may be difficult to maintain a healthy BMI...

3 people found this review helpful

Director

Whilst this is an anonymous review, obviously we know who you are! We 'd like to take this opportunity to thank you, not only for the review but for all the effort and energy that you put in to helping us create the culture that we have today. 5 years is a long tenure of continuous employment and you were integral in the development of the business over this period, enjoying many of the reward incentives along the way. We miss you, but wish you well - thanks and all the very best for the future!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rewarding & grown up!

25 Jan 2019 - Director in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Instinct is absolutely superb - it's aspirational, supportive and forward thinking. The office is a beautiful place to work - ultra modern, climate controlled, cloud technology, break out areas, pool room, personal lockers, shower room, sonos system throughout... etc etc. I couldn't ask for a nicer place to earn my living. This is by far the nicest company and office environment I've ever worked in. The rewards, social events, charity fund raising and other perks are amazing, and just enhance the company's reputation further. The team here are just great, everyone has a similar outlook, all very ambitious yet everyone support and encourage each other, hence our extremely low staff turnover. We win lots of awards and all celebrate our success together. It really is a TEAM environment.

Cons

Make no mistake about it, this job is not easy. If you are expecting an easy ride, then Instinct and a career in recruitment just isn't for you. Instinct have extremely high standards. Although this is a good thing, it can create high pressure as offering anything other than impeccable service isn't tolerated. As a small business, everyone is accountable for the role and responsibilities on a day to day basis- there is no hiding place. This is not a 'con' for me, but it will be for some.

Director

That's a lovely review of our company, thank you so much for the feedback and for appreciating the supportive, successful and rewarding culture that we have created within the business. We are delighted that you think the company is fabulous - long may it continue together with your personal success! Good luck!

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It's not easy but it pays off

3 Jun 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I started at instinct I was really surprised how friendly and welcoming all the staff were, I was taken on a night out with the team before I even started and it just felt like a great place to work from the off. Both Matt and Wardy are always up for a laugh and we had lots of really fun socials in my time there. It is clear that if you are willing to put in the graft there is plenty of money to be made and rewards to be taken, even though it is only a small and relatively new business, there's some people doing seriously well there.

Cons

I dont know that this should really even be a "con" but instinct is a place where people who knuckle down and put the work in do well, and those that dont and spend their days on facebook and moaning don't do well. When I started I got off to a really good start and was rewarded, however my heart was never really in it and this began to show in my performance. I never really felt under an unfair amount of pressure though, this is recruitment, we all knew what we signed up for. The radio choices were sometimes awful - especially Wardy's Sometimes the feedback could be abit more constructive and a little less public

2 people found this review helpful

Director

Hello and thank you for your review. We value the pragmatic and balanced feedback which you have provided here. Super news that you were made to feel so welcome upon joining the team and that you felt that you had such good training during your tenure. Whilst you didn’t feel your future career laid within the recruitment sector, we are pleased you enjoyed initial success during your time with Instinct. You’ll be pleased to hear that since moving to our super new offices where we have an integrated sonos system, we now have a playlists selected by each and everyone one of the team, so no more dreadful radio stations!! Thanks again for our review and all the best for the future.

7. 5.0

Fantastic Company with great ethics

4 Oct 2017 - Consultant in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with Mike & Matt and the instinct crew from around 18 months whilst living in Manchester. I started in their smaller office on deansgate which we quickly outgrew before moving to the new home on portland street. Being new to recruitment it was quite daunting at first but they soon made me part of the team and my confindence rapidly increased through comprehensive training and getting stuck in. Where instinct really stood out to me was how ethical they are, after hearing horror stories about the underhand tactics that other agencies use it was so nice to know that we were genuinely providing a great service to both our candidates and our clients alike and not just in it for a quick buck. this way clients and candidates would continue to use instincts sevices for their recruitment needs. Fantastic crew to work with - i had a great laugh and met some lifelong friends.

Cons

Cant really fault the place to be totally honest, the guys we're constantly looking to improve the business and not afraid to spend money on staff development. However the kettle was a bit small, so when i continually got rolled in on the "brew dice" i t required 2 boils!! highly annoying

3 people found this review helpful

Director

Hi and thank you for taking the time to review Instinct. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time working for the company so much and that you value our ethos and service levels so highly. We are also really pleased that the training and support provided to you enabled your confidence to develop so quickly, though you must give yourself a lot of credit for that too – the dedication, desire & attitude of an individual contributes significantly to personal development! Lifelong friends? AMAZING – that really is music to our ears! Make sure you make contact and call in for a coffee / beer and game of pool! Finally, please accept our apologies for the kettle issue - you may be pleased to hear that we have recently moved to a super new office, with an instant boiling tap – the dice and kettle are long gone!

8. 5.0

A Great Start To My Career

10 Oct 2017 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Instinct was my first job out of university, where I worked as a Recruitment Consultant. The business was small, but growing rapidly at the time - Matt & Mike did a great job of training and mentoring me, making sure that I had the skills I needed to succeed. The directors encourage an adult working environment, where you get out of the business what you put in. If you work hard at Instinct, the business will give you the tools to succeed, and you will be rewarded with lots of opportunities, a fun working environment, great incentives/commission structure and plenty of staff nights out. Would highly recommend Instinct to anybody who is looking to start their career in the recruitment industry in an open minded and successful business with a city centre location.

Cons

At the time of my employment, the office was quite small and the business was growing quickly, so space was limited - however, I believe Instinct have recently moved to a larger office.

Director

It’s really lovely to hear that Instinct has provided you with a great platform for your career. We are pleased that you think you received excellent mentoring and training, and clearly you valued the working environment and culture that we have at Instinct. We would like to use this forum to wish you every success in the future!

9. 5.0

The Best Job I've Had

11 Oct 2017 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Starting at Instinct 18 months ago was the best career choice I have ever made. Since starting here I have had excellent opportunities to progress and become a successful consultant. I have enjoyed excellent commission month on month and amazing lunch clubs, socials and company trips, we really are spoilt for our hard work! The environment is very warm and friendly and I love that we have a team of very genuine, helpful and passionate people. Most importantly, I have been given the opportunity to develop a new division at Instinct and take on my own employees and I could not be happier to have been given such trust and support and I have now been able to take the next step in my career through their mentoring and encouragement. I have made some great friends here and I look forward to a very bright future at Instinct!

Cons

None - other than my Manager's haircut!

Director

Lovely feedback – thank you very much. Naturally, we are delighted that you enjoy being part of the Instinct team so much and that you are enjoying so much success. You are clearly passionate, motivated and hardworking, which as you know is the perfect recipe for the bright future you’re aspiring for! We look forward to continue supporting you and to enjoy the exciting career journey you are on – Good Luck!!

10. 5.0

Great place to develop

11 Oct 2017 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Instinct for two years and really enjoyed my time at the business. I didn't come from a recruitment background and had little to no knowledge about the industry/sector. I was given all the tools, guidance and support to learn the trade and progress my career. The company don't seek to move people on quickly who show the right attitude and I saw a number of people moved to different markets internally to try and find the right place for them within the business. Regular meetings and company updates so you're kept in the loop and a really good social side to the business. They all know when to focus on work and when to have a good time, really good split. Solid bonus structure, very good central location and lots of friendly people.

Cons

Expectations can be high - but it you're not willing to put in the graft then it's not for you

Director

Many thanks for your review. It’s great to hear that you feel you learnt a great trade here at Instinct – we do pride ourselves on training our staff to be the best in the business! You are absolutely right, expectations with Instinct are very high but we wouldn’t have it any other way. High expectations are one of the key elements that position our team, clients, contractors and candidates as the elite and award winning. If you’re going to do something, do it well eh! Thanks again for the lovely review and good luck for the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews