Instinct Resourcing Reviews

Updated 25 Jan 2019

4.1

"Fantastic Place to Work!"

I worked at Instinct Resourcing full-time

Pros

I worked at Instinct for nearly five years and enjoyed every minute of my time there! I joined the company with no prior recruitment experience but was able to hit the ground running very quickly after being trained and coached by both Directors, who were very hands-on and involved in developing their staff and had expert knowledge of the sector that the company specialises in. Over time, Matt & Mike developed a friendly, relaxed company culture, with a strong set of values, where everyone knew what was expected of them on a daily basis, so there was no micro-management. Throughout my time there, they continued to be on hand to provide advice and guidance and were really passionate about growing the company from within and developing you as a person, as well as an employee. You were also given the freedom to choose how you wanted your career to develop. The rest of the team were also a pleasure to work with and everyone got on very well. By the time I left, the team were consistently achieving personal and team incentives, which led to a number of trips abroad, award ceremonies and weekends away, all expenses paid! I left Instinct due to a relocation and was fully supported by both Directors, who helped make a stressful process a lot easier through their help and flexibility, which I'm extremely grateful for.

Cons

Due to an abundance of sweet treats that are constantly in the office, it may be difficult to maintain a healthy BMI...

October 30, 2019Director

Whilst this is an anonymous review, obviously we know who you are! We 'd like to take this opportunity to thank you, not only for the review but for all the effort and energy that you put in to helping us create the culture that we have today. 5 years is a long tenure of continuous employment and you were integral in the development of the business over this period, enjoying many of the reward incentives along the way. We miss you, but wish you well - thanks and all the very best for the future!

"Rewarding & grown up!"

Current Employee - Director in Manchester, England

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture at Instinct is absolutely superb - it's aspirational, supportive and forward thinking. The office is a beautiful place to work - ultra modern, climate controlled, cloud technology, break out areas, pool room, personal lockers, shower room, sonos system throughout... etc etc. I couldn't ask for a nicer place to earn my living. This is by far the nicest company and office environment I've ever worked in. The rewards, social events, charity fund raising and other perks are amazing, and just enhance the company's reputation further. The team here are just great, everyone has a similar outlook, all very ambitious yet everyone support and encourage each other, hence our extremely low staff turnover. We win lots of awards and all celebrate our success together. It really is a TEAM environment.

Cons

Make no mistake about it, this job is not easy. If you are expecting an easy ride, then Instinct and a career in recruitment just isn't for you. Instinct have extremely high standards. Although this is a good thing, it can create high pressure as offering anything other than impeccable service isn't tolerated. As a small business, everyone is accountable for the role and responsibilities on a day to day basis- there is no hiding place. This is not a 'con' for me, but it will be for some.

October 30, 2019Director

That's a lovely review of our company, thank you so much for the feedback and for appreciating the supportive, successful and rewarding culture that we have created within the business. We are delighted that you think the company is fabulous - long may it continue together with your personal success! Good luck!

"Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I came to join Instinct five years ago, shortly after graduating from University. Having never worked in a sales capacity in the past and having recently relocated, I was a little apprehensive, but from my first day I was made to feel right at home. The one thing that I immediately noticed was the positive atmosphere and ambition amongst the team. You are given the opportunity to determine your own career path and are provided with all the necessary training and development opportunities to achieve your ambitions. The company genuinely care about your personal goals and success (which always helps)! The overarching positive about Instinct is the company culture. Everyone within the team looks out for each other more experienced members of staff are always on hand to offer a helping hand when needed. In addition to that the; Incentive trips, lunch clubs and monthly socials mean I couldn’t recommend Instinct highly enough!

Cons

None that I can think of!

November 23, 2018Director

What lovely words, thank you so much. As you will know having been employed with Instinct for over 5 years, it means a great deal to us to see our team develop themselves to achieve their personal and professional ambitions. It therefore gives us great joy to read this review and obtain this feedback. Keep up the great work and good luck!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Manchester, England

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at the company for over 3 years and have found it a great place to work, fantastic team, great socials, lunch clubs and an amazing office environment. It's hard work but pays off.

Cons

None- all good .

November 23, 2018Director

Thanks for your review of Instinct - it's really pleasing to hear that you are enjoying yourself at Instinct and importantly progressing your career with the company. We've worked hard to create a super culture for ambitious people to thrive in, so to hear this feedback is excellent. Thank you and best of luck to the next 3 years!

"It's not easy but it pays off"

4.0

I worked at Instinct Resourcing full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I started at instinct I was really surprised how friendly and welcoming all the staff were, I was taken on a night out with the team before I even started and it just felt like a great place to work from the off. Both Matt and Wardy are always up for a laugh and we had lots of really fun socials in my time there. It is clear that if you are willing to put in the graft there is plenty of money to be made and rewards to be taken, even though it is only a small and relatively new business, there's some people doing seriously well there.

Cons

I dont know that this should really even be a "con" but instinct is a place where people who knuckle down and put the work in do well, and those that dont and spend their days on facebook and moaning don't do well. When I started I got off to a really good start and was rewarded, however my heart was never really in it and this began to show in my performance. I never really felt under an unfair amount of pressure though, this is recruitment, we all knew what we signed up for. The radio choices were sometimes awful - especially Wardy's Sometimes the feedback could be abit more constructive and a little less public

June 18, 2018Director

Hello and thank you for your review. We value the pragmatic and balanced feedback which you have provided here. Super news that you were made to feel so welcome upon joining the team and that you felt that you had such good training during your tenure. Whilst you didn’t feel your future career laid within the recruitment sector, we are pleased you enjoyed initial success during your time with Instinct. You’ll be pleased to hear that since moving to our super new offices where we have an integrated sonos system, we now have a playlists selected by each and everyone one of the team, so no more dreadful radio stations!! Thanks again for our review and all the best for the future.

"Brilliant place to work!"

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time

Pros

I have been working at Instinct for over a year now and can honestly say it’s a fantastic place to work. Having not worked for a Recruitment agency before, there was a lot for me to learn about the industry but Mike, Matt and the whole team were very supportive and made me feel extremely welcome from day one. The team here are amazing, we all work hard but we still have time to enjoy lots of laughter and fun together, making it a great working environment for us all. This also includes going out on monthly socials, a fun Christmas party and some amazing incentive trips, we really are very lucky!!

Cons

Nothing to say - all good

June 18, 2018Director

A ‘Brilliant place to work’ - that is exactly what we aspired for our staff to feel whilst working at instinct, so for you to write that on an anonymous review fills us with pride. A welcoming environment, supportive, fun, hard work, great rewards – this gives each and every individual that we recruit the opportunity to excel and flourish, and evidently you are which is wonderful. Thank you for your review and best of luck for your future.

"Fantastic company with great career opportunities"

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time

Pros

As Instinct is the first (and only) recruitment company which I have worked for, I can attribute any success which I have enjoyed in the industry to the training, support and opportunity which I have enjoyed here. I knew absolutely nothing about the industry when I joined as a grad several years ago and was trained from scratch. I've since enjoyed several promotions and have been given the opportunity to grow a successful division. I can therefore attest to that fact that Instinct is the perfect environment in which to pursue ones' ambitions and is a meritocracy in the truest sense.

Cons

In all honesty, nothing to add.

June 18, 2018Director

We are delighted to read your review and sense the positively that resonates through it. You have clearly enjoyed a hugely successful career with the company, and value the environment and culture we have within the team. Long may your success continue, and realise all your ambitions!

"Great Boutique Recruitment Company"

I worked at Instinct Resourcing full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fantastic people! - Great clients - City Centre location - Autonomy - Training - Company Incentives

Cons

I can't think of any cons...

June 12, 2018Director

Hello there – Thanks so much for the glowing review of our company. It’s so great to hear that you think so highly of our business and clearly enjoyed working for us. Obviously, we would be inclined to agree with all of your comments. We hope you have gone on to great things in your career – Best of luck!

"A Great Start To My Career"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England

I worked at Instinct Resourcing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Instinct was my first job out of university, where I worked as a Recruitment Consultant. The business was small, but growing rapidly at the time - Matt & Mike did a great job of training and mentoring me, making sure that I had the skills I needed to succeed. The directors encourage an adult working environment, where you get out of the business what you put in. If you work hard at Instinct, the business will give you the tools to succeed, and you will be rewarded with lots of opportunities, a fun working environment, great incentives/commission structure and plenty of staff nights out. Would highly recommend Instinct to anybody who is looking to start their career in the recruitment industry in an open minded and successful business with a city centre location.

Cons

At the time of my employment, the office was quite small and the business was growing quickly, so space was limited - however, I believe Instinct have recently moved to a larger office.

June 12, 2018Director

It’s really lovely to hear that Instinct has provided you with a great platform for your career. We are pleased that you think you received excellent mentoring and training, and clearly you valued the working environment and culture that we have at Instinct. We would like to use this forum to wish you every success in the future!

"The Best Job I've Had"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Starting at Instinct 18 months ago was the best career choice I have ever made. Since starting here I have had excellent opportunities to progress and become a successful consultant. I have enjoyed excellent commission month on month and amazing lunch clubs, socials and company trips, we really are spoilt for our hard work! The environment is very warm and friendly and I love that we have a team of very genuine, helpful and passionate people. Most importantly, I have been given the opportunity to develop a new division at Instinct and take on my own employees and I could not be happier to have been given such trust and support and I have now been able to take the next step in my career through their mentoring and encouragement. I have made some great friends here and I look forward to a very bright future at Instinct!

Cons

None - other than my Manager's haircut!

June 13, 2018Director

Lovely feedback – thank you very much. Naturally, we are delighted that you enjoy being part of the Instinct team so much and that you are enjoying so much success. You are clearly passionate, motivated and hardworking, which as you know is the perfect recipe for the bright future you’re aspiring for! We look forward to continue supporting you and to enjoy the exciting career journey you are on – Good Luck!!

Found 18 reviews