Instinct Resourcing Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I came to join Instinct five years ago, shortly after graduating from University. Having never worked in a sales capacity in the past and having recently relocated, I was a little apprehensive, but from my first day I was made to feel right at home. The one thing that I immediately noticed was the positive atmosphere and ambition amongst the team.

You are given the opportunity to determine your own career path and are provided with all the necessary training and development opportunities to achieve your ambitions. The company genuinely care about your personal goals and success (which always helps)!

The overarching positive about Instinct is the company culture. Everyone within the team looks out for each other more experienced members of staff are always on hand to offer a helping hand when needed. In addition to that the; Incentive trips, lunch clubs and monthly socials mean I couldn’t recommend Instinct highly enough!

Cons

None that I can think of!

23 Nov 2018 – Director

What lovely words, thank you so much.

As you will know having been employed with Instinct for over 5 years, it means a great deal to us to see our team develop themselves to achieve their personal... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Manchester, England

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at the company for over 3 years and have found it a great place to work, fantastic team, great socials, lunch clubs and an amazing office environment. It's hard work but pays off.

Cons

None- all good .

23 Nov 2018 – Director

Thanks for your review of Instinct - it's really pleasing to hear that you are enjoying yourself at Instinct and importantly progressing your career with the company.

We've worked hard to create a... More

"It's not easy but it pays off"

I worked at Instinct Resourcing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started at instinct I was really surprised how friendly and welcoming all the staff were, I was taken on a night out with the team before I even started and it just felt like a great place to work from the off.

Both Matt and Wardy are always up for a laugh and we had lots of really fun socials in my time there.

It is clear that if you are willing to put in the graft there is plenty of money to be made and rewards to be taken, even though it is only a small and relatively new business, there's some people doing seriously well there.

Cons

I dont know that this should really even be a "con" but instinct is a place where people who knuckle down and put the work in do well, and those that dont and spend their days on facebook and moaning don't do well. When I started I got off to a really good start and was rewarded, however my heart was never really in it and this began to show in my performance. I never really felt under an unfair amount of pressure though, this is recruitment, we all knew what we signed up for.

The radio choices were sometimes awful - especially Wardy's

Sometimes the feedback could be abit more constructive and a little less public

Advice to Management

In my first week I had a lot of 1-2-1 sessions with Wardy and Matt on introductions to the job, tactics, etc which were brilliant and I wish that they had continued throughout my time there as I found them really useful. My advice would be to have more faith in yourselves as trainers rather than bringing in outside trainers as I found your sessions more helpful.

18 Jun 2018 – Director

Hello and thank you for your review. We value the pragmatic and balanced feedback which you have provided here. Super news that you were made to feel so welcome upon joining the team and that you... More

"Brilliant place to work!"

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time

Pros

I have been working at Instinct for over a year now and can honestly say it’s a fantastic place to work. Having not worked for a Recruitment agency before, there was a lot for me to learn about the industry but Mike, Matt and the whole team were very supportive and made me feel extremely welcome from day one. The team here are amazing, we all work hard but we still have time to enjoy lots of laughter and fun together, making it a great working environment for us all. This also includes going out on monthly socials, a fun Christmas party and some amazing incentive trips, we really are very lucky!!

Cons

Nothing to say - all good

18 Jun 2018 – Director

A ‘Brilliant place to work’ - that is exactly what we aspired for our staff to feel whilst working at instinct, so for you to write that on an anonymous review fills us with pride.
    A welcoming... More

"Fantastic company with great career opportunities"

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time

Pros

As Instinct is the first (and only) recruitment company which I have worked for, I can attribute any success which I have enjoyed in the industry to the training, support and opportunity which I have enjoyed here. I knew absolutely nothing about the industry when I joined as a grad several years ago and was trained from scratch. I've since enjoyed several promotions and have been given the opportunity to grow a successful division. I can therefore attest to that fact that Instinct is the perfect environment in which to pursue ones' ambitions and is a meritocracy in the truest sense.

Cons

In all honesty, nothing to add.

Advice to Management

You've found the winning formula of mixing hard work, quality and fun - stick to this winning blueprint.

18 Jun 2018 – Director

We are delighted to read your review and sense the positively that resonates through it. You have clearly enjoyed a hugely successful career with the company, and value the environment and culture... More

"Great Boutique Recruitment Company"

I worked at Instinct Resourcing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic people!
    - Great clients
    - City Centre location
    - Autonomy
    - Training
    - Company Incentives

Cons

I can't think of any cons...

12 Jun 2018 – Director

Hello there – Thanks so much for the glowing review of our company. It’s so great to hear that you think so highly of our business and clearly enjoyed working for us. Obviously, we would be... More

"Great place to develop"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Instinct for two years and really enjoyed my time at the business. I didn't come from a recruitment background and had little to no knowledge about the industry/sector. I was given all the tools, guidance and support to learn the trade and progress my career. The company don't seek to move people on quickly who show the right attitude and I saw a number of people moved to different markets internally to try and find the right place for them within the business. Regular meetings and company updates so you're kept in the loop and a really good social side to the business. They all know when to focus on work and when to have a good time, really good split.

Solid bonus structure, very good central location and lots of friendly people.

Cons

Expectations can be high - but it you're not willing to put in the graft then it's not for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the training and development - taught me a very good trade

13 Jun 2018 – Director

Many thanks for your review. It’s great to hear that you feel you learnt a great trade here at Instinct – we do pride ourselves on training our staff to be the best in the business! You are... More

"A Great Start To My Career"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England

I worked at Instinct Resourcing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Instinct was my first job out of university, where I worked as a Recruitment Consultant.

The business was small, but growing rapidly at the time - Matt & Mike did a great job of training and mentoring me, making sure that I had the skills I needed to succeed.

The directors encourage an adult working environment, where you get out of the business what you put in. If you work hard at Instinct, the business will give you the tools to succeed, and you will be rewarded with lots of opportunities, a fun working environment, great incentives/commission structure and plenty of staff nights out.

Would highly recommend Instinct to anybody who is looking to start their career in the recruitment industry in an open minded and successful business with a city centre location.

Cons

At the time of my employment, the office was quite small and the business was growing quickly, so space was limited - however, I believe Instinct have recently moved to a larger office.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting and mentoring your junior staff, it has a huge impact on their careers

12 Jun 2018 – Director

It’s really lovely to hear that Instinct has provided you with a great platform for your career. We are pleased that you think you received excellent mentoring and training, and clearly you valued... More

"The Best Job I've Had"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Instinct Resourcing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting at Instinct 18 months ago was the best career choice I have ever made. Since starting here I have had excellent opportunities to progress and become a successful consultant. I have enjoyed excellent commission month on month and amazing lunch clubs, socials and company trips, we really are spoilt for our hard work! The environment is very warm and friendly and I love that we have a team of very genuine, helpful and passionate people. Most importantly, I have been given the opportunity to develop a new division at Instinct and take on my own employees and I could not be happier to have been given such trust and support and I have now been able to take the next step in my career through their mentoring and encouragement. I have made some great friends here and I look forward to a very bright future at Instinct!

Cons

None - other than my Manager's haircut!

Advice to Management

Just continue to support, inspire and reward us the way you do and Instinct will continue to be a successful and thriving business!

13 Jun 2018 – Director

Lovely feedback – thank you very much. Naturally, we are delighted that you enjoy being part of the Instinct team so much and that you are enjoying so much success. You are clearly passionate... More

"Fantastic Company with great ethics"

Former Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Instinct Resourcing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with Mike & Matt and the instinct crew from around 18 months whilst living in Manchester.

I started in their smaller office on deansgate which we quickly outgrew before moving to the new home on portland street.
    Being new to recruitment it was quite daunting at first but they soon made me part of the team and my confindence rapidly increased through comprehensive training and getting stuck in.
    Where instinct really stood out to me was how ethical they are, after hearing horror stories about the underhand tactics that other agencies use it was so nice to know that we were genuinely providing a great service to both our candidates and our clients alike and not just in it for a quick buck. this way clients and candidates would continue to use instincts sevices for their recruitment needs.

Fantastic crew to work with - i had a great laugh and met some lifelong friends.

Cons

Cant really fault the place to be totally honest, the guys we're constantly looking to improve the business and not afraid to spend money on staff development.

However the kettle was a bit small, so when i continually got rolled in on the "brew dice" i t required 2 boils!! highly annoying

Advice to Management

Hot water urn would have been great. Thanks for everything guys

13 Oct 2017 – Director

Hi and thank you for taking the time to review Instinct. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time working for the company so much and that you value our ethos and service levels so... More