Iron Group Reviews

Updated 18 Jun 2020

4.0
Iron Group CEO Anne De Kerckhove (no image)
Anne De Kerckhove
  1. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I worked at Iron Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Variety of projects to work on with all the resources of a great cross functional team. They also really invested in their employees growth.

Cons

Slow on-boarding process to projects.

2. "Legal counsel"

I worked at Iron Group full-time

Pros

The down to earth culture

Cons

Everything else. Products were none existent and the were willing to spend money rather then generate it

3. "There is a reason why the business closed!"

1.0

I worked at Iron Group full-time

Pros

Colleagues and office, drinks every week

Cons

No strategic direction from management

4. "business developer"

Business Developer in London, England

I worked at Iron Group for less than a year

Pros

The people are very friendly and open to working as a team.

Cons

The hours were a bit long.

5. "Internship at Iron"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in London, England

I worked at Iron Group

Pros

The biggest pro in my opinion is athmosphere at Iron. It is very relaxed, fun and really enjoyable. I had a great time there and I made a lot of friends in a short time because the structure is small enough that you know everyone but large enough not to hang out with the same people everyday. As an intern I always felt like I was treated the same way the other employees were and I was given responsibilities. I felt valued even as intern. The company was very dynamic and a lot of people were hired during the time i was there. There was an effort to diversify the teams so I met some people with different backgrounds from various european countries.

Cons

The working hours were long compared to the amount of work I was given. I don'tknow if the future of the company will be as bright as they think it will.

6. "IronGroup"

Business Development Internship in London, England

I worked at Iron Group for less than a year

Pros

As a business developer in the Ops Team, I'm clearly satisfied with my experience in Iron-Group. I learned a lot with regard to product management, and above all I've been given a lot of responsabilities, such as being in charge of a daily several thousands pounds revenue portfolio of products. The managers are really cool, available and attentive to the interns. The work atmosphere within the team is really great. Perfect for an internship.

Cons

The Company is growing quickly (maybe to fast). That leads to a period of transition in which all the departments structure are more or less modified, causing a loss of agility in the day-to-day work. The strategy of the company sometimes seems disconnected with the reality, but it is in constant improvement. Another con would be long working hours.

Iron Group Response

October 28, 2016HR Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We thrive on supporting all of our team members and provide a challenging environment for everyone, including interns ! We are sorry to hear you felt that our growth impacted the agility of the company, and will be more attentive to this point. Regarding the long hours, it is true that during project deliveries or intense phases some teams may have to work a little longer, but managers should be careful about their team's work/life balance. If you feel that this has not been the case, please feel free to contact me directly.

7. "Business Developer"

Current Intern - Business Developer in London, England

I have been working at Iron Group for less than a year

Pros

Iron has an exceptional environment of working. I spent 5 months with persons who became quickly very good friends. The tasks are very interesting, this internship has been very helpful for my future career and I have improved my skills in managing projects, analyzing figures and web-marketing.

Cons

Iron enhances entrepreneurship meaning that you are independent at the early stage of your employment. This independence can be quite surprising for people who are not used to have responsabilities and to learn quickly

Continue reading
  8. "Business developper - Internship"

I worked at Iron Group for less than a year

Pros

Ironweb is a fine company with many advantages for an intern: good location in london, nice atmosphere, great teams with an amazing CEO, outstanding offices and lots of activities organized by the communication team. A great place to developp your entrepreneurship!

Cons

Still a growing company with all the drawbacks: a little bit disorganized sometimes with uncleared process but things are getting better. Lack of transversality and communication among different teams. Some activities might be repetitive and not so challenging after few months... Still a great place to learn thought.

9. "Business Development Internship"

I worked at Iron Group

Pros

I've been a business developer for 6 month in the French team, and have learnt a lot about business online. I think the great atmosphere of the company, the freedom to take initiative (even as an intern) and the trust of my managers are the assets that most contributed to the magic of this internship. I recommend it to anyone willing to learn how to do business online.

Cons

It's sincerely difficult to find cons as everything is done so that employees enjoy their experience at Ironweb. In case of urgent necessity, some projects are slowed down and that can be frustrating sometimes, but I guess that's just the consequence of an efficient management of priorities.

Continue reading
  10. "Best academy for entrepreneur"

I worked at Iron Group

Pros

Too many. From my experience as an intern: you learn to be independent and you manage your own business. The managers are available to answer the question, to give you advice to improve your skills. It is also very challenging as you have targets and it enabled me to show my potential The CEO, Anne, brought a vision, a strategy to this company and if this vision turned to be true in future that will be awesome. Finally, the atmosphere is probably the best I've seen so far. I will miss the game of super smash bros on the Wii and the Football table and the drinks.

Cons

Even if my internship was really challenging I wish I could have diversified my tasks, Maybe I did not spend enough time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 English Reviews