Iron Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Iron Group

2.8

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iron Group (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview began with HR explaining about the company, the role i applied for and the interview stages. Followed by meeting the hiring manager who made sure i was relaxed and welcomed to the process. After the initial interview i recieved feedback and next steps which worked around my avaliablity, I then came back to meet the key stakeholders within the company, who walked me through the company vision and we collaborated back and forth. Overall i had 3 stages before i was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience in running successful SEO campaigns and how i determined success.   1 Answer

28 Oct 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you very much for your review.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Iron Group (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick and very well organized. I did 4 interviews over three separate days, ranging from HR to senior directors and founders. Culture is hugely important within this company, that was clear from the offset. The HR response after each interview was very fast. The interviews were very conversational and interviewees engaging. Everyone at Iron was friendly throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral and situation-based interview questions to look at past experiences and my ability to handled them. Apart that they tested my knowledge of tools and technologies   Answer Question

28 Oct 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you very much for your review, we are glad that you found the interview process to be a positive experience !

In-house Lawyer Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iron Group (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews all within a week - a telephone conference with a HR rep, a face to face meeting with head of legal and finally a face to face meeting with a senior manager. The telephone interview had the standard questions whilst the face to face meetings was more open and was a natural discussion. Each interview lasted around 30 minutes and I was always seen on time.

Interview Questions

Iron Group Response

28 Oct 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that you found it to be a positive experience.

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iron Group (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two conversations over a Skype - first one about my overall experience and previous jobs, second one was about technical details, mostly on PHP and Symfony framework, which are an industrial standard. After passing successfully both interviews, we talked about details of new position.

Interview Questions

Iron Group Response

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Iron Group (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

first stage focused on question about character and experience. How you would fit into the team. The second stage was technical testing my knowledge of php, design patterns, mvc framework and oo.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and an Interface ?   1 Answer

23 May 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience ! Welcome on board ! Please feel free to contact the HR team for any improvement that we could bring to the process, as per your experience !

Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyon (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iron Group (Lyon (France)) in May 2016.

Interview

I have applied for a 6-months internship.
    Two skype interviews. The first with a junior project manager and the second with a senior project manager.
    Motivation, academic and scholar background and brainteasers.
    The HR manager sent me an offer letter I signed and returned it. The whole process was fast and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose this job ?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this company ?   Answer Question
    • Brainteasers :
      One light bulb in a room, three switches in one other you are in : how can you identify the one who light the bulb on ?
      A bacteria is in closed pot. It's volumes double each second. The experience starts at 12 and the pot is full at 13 : when was the pot half-full ?
      Turnover of a Starbucks coffee ?   Answer Question

23 May 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you ! Please feel free to share your views of how we can improve the process !

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Iron Group (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

There were three steps overall:

The first Skype interview was between the interim CTO and myself. He asked a bunch of questions about my skill set and experience on each topic, the methodologies I use. No theoretical questions about how to solve a maze or how to validate a form.

After this one the other developers sent me an assessment which was a PSD with a list of how-tos including tools and other instructions. They also asked me to provide a description about how to use the finished project.

The third part was a Skype chat with two of the Front-end dev guys a day after I sent my finished project. They were extremely kind. We talked about their projects, tools, workflow and my role in the team. Still not a sign of unnecessary questions about theoretical things like what a box-model is or how would I optimize a cycle. I guess they could just simply measure my skills through my Github profile and the assessment I made for them.

Interview Questions

Iron Group Response

Executive Assistant/Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iron Group (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

I have been selected through a recruitment agency. The whole process took only a few days since they needed someone to start as quickly as possible. They are structuring, expanding the company and were looking for someone to own the role and take part in this development. I met with the HR Manager and the second stage was an interview with the CEO.
    The interview process was an enjoyable experience, which is not very common..!

Interview Questions

• My achievements, the roles I enjoyed the most, the least and the reasons why. They assessed my level of experience in executive support and office management with scenario based questions.
      We also discussed my career goals and their projects.   Answer Question

23 May 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience ! We always try to make the interview process and enjoyable experience, and we are glad this was a success here ! Welcome on board !

Righ Hand Co-founder Venture Capital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Iron Group (Paris (France)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviews were really fit oriented and informal. I had to through 3 rounds: the direct manager, the HR and the Ironweb CEO. They really dedicated time to know each other, to describe their activities and answer my questions. We also spent time to focus on my previous experiences and they also challenged me with questions regarding their strategy.

Interview Questions

• Which important aspects of the VC activity should we be focused on?   Answer Question

31 May 2016 – HR Manager

Business Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Iron Group in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted in two skype interviews lasting for about 20 minutes each. The first one with a Junior Projetc Manager and the second one with a Senior Project Manager. They were both friendly and spoke french during the interview. They did not try to trick me or to make me uncomfortable but rather to understand who I am and to see if I was genuinely interested and fit for the position.

Interview Questions

Iron Group Response

6 May 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your rating your experience. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our interview process !

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.