Kier Group Reviews

Found 530 of over 577 reviews

3.9
Kier Group CEO  Andrew Davies
Andrew Davies
Pros
  • "Excellent Contractor with generally good people(in 18 reviews)

• "Agile working practices in place allow flexibility for a good work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, you are just a number(in 18 reviews)

• "Sometimes there is poor communication from management(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great welcoming compant, inclusive ethos and clear direction

May 18, 2021 - Senior IT Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great management- clear strong direction and leadership. 2. Great benefits: SIP, Sharesaves, Pension scheme, Rewards (shopping discounts), employee sweepstake, 24hr GP access. 3. Striving to drive inclusivity within the workplace with Diversity & Inclusion networks, looking to support people bringing their full selves to work. 4. Tenure of staff is long and people are overwhelmingly proud to work for Kier 5. Large amount of corporate social responsibility activities and projects to give back to local environments/ communities.

Cons

None other than the pandemic making working remote which has challenges as a new person (but that will be in any workplace at the current time).

Employer Brand Coordinator

Thank you for the 5 stars! We're so glad to read over your review, and even happier to see your list of Pros! We appreciate that working remotely has been a challenge as we begin to unlock we believe that wherever we can to embrace an agile/flexible working approach.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

aaaa

Jul 14, 2021 - Customer Service in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, caring, Work Life Balance, Fair Employer, Great Share Scheme

Cons

Nothing to add, great employer

Employer Brand Coordinator

We're so happy to ready over your review, and are so grateful for the 5-stars! Thank you so much!

3. 5.0

My place to settle

Jun 9, 2021 - Recruiter in Rushden, East Midlands, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trusted to do your work; Flexible & agile mindset around hours and office/home location, as long as you do your job; Everyone everywhere is always looking to improve; Everyone has the mindset of wanting to be the best; Lots of career progression opportunities & support; Some recent wins for the company including huge contract wins, plans for continued growth all in sectors, and continued share price increases

Cons

The same as any corporate company in the world including the slow pace of change; IT servers are unstable & can be slow; IT hardware is reused & out of date unless new equipment specifically asked for; main IT software is user unfriendly; official IT support is lacking and varied; any changes need to made involving IT take weeks to implement and don't always fix the issue.

Employer Brand Coordinator

Thank you! We're so happy to know that you are enjoying your role and working collaboratively with others at Kier - and we're glad to have lived up to your dreams! Your feedback regarding IT is understood, it is extremely important to us to gather this as we look to make continuous improvements.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

Jul 29, 2021 - Resident Liaison Officer in Wakefield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Encouraged to do things your own way, which achieves better results. Encouraged to learn outside or your comfort zone and left to manage your work time yourself.

Cons

No permanent contract only fixed term

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work :)

Jun 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leaders are extremely approachable, empathetic and passionate. Working here really feels like you have a big support system around you whether you are new to the company, newly promoted or new to role/department. The company has been turned around for the better with a new leadership team in place and there is so much confidence and optimism about what we are able to achieve going forwards. You can be as ambitious as you want here and are able to achieve your personal and professional goals at Kier.

Cons

You are your own master of destiny - if you want to learn a new skill, develop a particular behaviour or look at moving upwards in the company it is totally within your gift - don't wait for someone to do it for you!

Employer Brand Coordinator

Wow, 5-stars! Thank you! We're so glad to read though all of your points and it makes us very happy to know that you feel there is the large support system! We're dedicated to supporting and helping all of our people with personal and professional development to help each person reach their full potential!

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company and great staff

Jul 5, 2021 - Head of IT in Tempsford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commitment to looking after its staff. Opportunity to learn and progress. Management encouraged staff to live the kier values.

Cons

Before it moved from Tempsford, the office location was nice but very remote. Needed a car to get to the office.

Employer Brand Coordinator

Thank you for your review! Our people really are our greatest asset, so we're glad to hear that you feel we had a commitment to looking after our people and gave opportunities to progress.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

The place to work!

Jul 19, 2021 - Senior Business Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really opportunity to grow and develop your career. Clear strategic direction from the Leadership Team

Cons

IT glitches making the WFH provision often testing

Employer Brand Coordinator

5-stars! Thank you! We're so happy to read through your review, we're glad that you recognise Kier as a place to grow and develop. We completely understand that technical hitches and glitches can make working from home a bit testing - we thank you for your patience and we are here to support you, please do speak with your local HR representative or line manager if there is anything we can do to help.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Top company to work for.

Jun 10, 2021 - Recruiter in Rushden, East Midlands, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A very helpful team, approachable senior members of staff and a real positive environment, where you feel comfortable expressing ideas and asking questions. The wider teams interact well together too, which helps processes and if something is not working it is looked at and improved collaboratively. All in all, you feel like you can grow as an individual here at Kier Group, looking forward to being here for many years to come. It's very important to feel valued and I truly believe that each person is valued in the team by seniors and their peers.

Cons

Delays in systems, but during this pandemic we are all facing these issues.

Employer Brand Coordinator

Thank you for 5 stars! We're so happy to read through all your comments, it's great to hear that you enjoy the teams an environment at Kier!

9. 5.0

Excellent first impressions

Jun 10, 2021 - Head of Procurement in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Whole interview process was conducted during varying degrees of Covid constraints but was professionally, flexibly, sensitively and safely managed at all times. Whole on boarding process was efficient and maximised the use of online tools. Upon commencement all the resources and equipment I needed were available and fully functional from day 1, and induction plan developed and key introductions arranged. Initial expectations and focus areas were discussed and agreed.The business goals, strategy, vision and values were clearly explained or accessible and the whole experience made me feel welcomed.

Cons

Nothing specific although additional guidance/training on the use of certain IT platforms would have been welcomed.

Employer Brand Coordinator

Thank you! We're very grateful for the 5 stars! We're so happy to hear all your comments and we're glad to hear that the process was so useful to you. We are always here to support you, so if there are any specific guidance/training on some platforms that you require then please do speak with your line manager or local HR representative.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Focused leadership

Jul 14, 2021 - HR-Operations Manager in Rushden, East Midlands, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kier has very focused leadership and clear values and vision

Cons

Kier is in a transition period and this can be demanding yet exciting to be part of.

Employer Brand Coordinator

Thank you! We're glad to hear about your experiences at Kier, and are grateful to know that our vision and values were a pro for you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 530 Reviews