Kier Group Reviews

Found 629 of over 685 reviews

4.1
Kier Group CEO  Andrew Davies
Andrew Davies
Pros
  • "Excellent Contractor with generally good people(in 18 reviews)

• "Agile working practices in place allow flexibility for a good work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, you are just a number(in 18 reviews)

• "Sometimes there is poor communication from management(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

25 years and still going strong

Oct 22, 2021 - Senior Commercial Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging, variety, respected, proactive, rewarded

Cons

Occasionally let down by poor IT systems and support

Kier Group Response

Thank you for the great review! And even more thanks for all your years of service at Kier. It's fantastic to read that you value the care we take to ensure all employees are looked after and feel part of the big picture at Kier. You're right, our IT system and support is something that needs work which is why we have plans in motion to solve these issues as soon as possible. Thanks again! Employer Brand Coordinator

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's been a good first few months

Dec 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team have been really welcoming, I enjoy the varied work that I do and Kier support some really good causes and always communicate how to get involved.

Cons

Onboarding could have been a lot more structured, would have been nice to have some sort of guide or someone who showed me how to book holiday, raise an IT support request, who my HR contact is etc. Felt a little left to my own devices very early on.

Kier Group Response

Welcome to the team! It's great to read that you're enjoying your time with us and that your team have been so supportive and you appreciate all the work we do with charities. Just this week we launched our annual festive fundraising campaign which you can find out more about here: https://www.kierfoundationevents.co.uk/event/festive-fundraiser Your comments about onboarding are fair, and we have within the last month made some really great improvements to our onboarding process, making it a lot more comprehensive and supportive, but unfortunately it sounds like we definitely missed the mark with your experience and we do apologise for that. We would recommend talking to your line manager or HR Business Partner about anything that you need. Thanks for the feedback!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Nov 29, 2021 - Assistant Design Manager in Leicester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great and supportive company to work for.

Cons

Difficult to make changes to roles and package.

Kier Group Response

Thanks for the review! It's fantastic to see you're enjoying your time with Kier and have felt supported throughout your career. You're right there are certain changes that are not easy to amend once confirmed but we would still recommend speaking to your HR Business Partner to see what we can do. Thank you for your feedback!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A good employer with lots to offer

Nov 22, 2021 - Managing Estimator in Saint Austell, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, good leadership. Great Working environment.

Cons

As all Tier 1 Contractors, some parts of the business aren't the same.

Kier Group Response

Thanks for the review! It's great to see that you're enjoying your time at Kier and thank you for all your years of service! Your comments about not all parts of the business working the same are fair and is something we're looking to improve on where possible. Thanks for your feedback!

5. 5.0

My experience at Kier

Nov 17, 2021 - Director in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive, employees are rewarded well, opportunities to develop my career are very good and having an inspirational CEO running the business is exciting and hugely rewarding.

Cons

Not many cons to detail out as the business has restructured and broken down the silos and geography landscape.

Kier Group Response

Thank you for the review! It's fantastic to see that you enjoyed your time at Kier. Our employees are our greatest asset, and rewarding them for their hard work is very important to us and it's great to see you appreciated the excellent benefits we have on offer. We wish you all the best in your new opportunity!

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 16, 2021 - Finance Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible home working - People - Benefits package - Employee support

Cons

Too many passwords for all the different systems

Kier Group Response

Thanks for the review! We're pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We aim to be as flexible as possible for our employees and it's great to see that you valued this. It's also great to see you loved the excellent benefits we have on offer! Your comments about too many passwords is fair and something other employees have flagged too. It's something we're looking to work on and thank you for your comments.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Gh

Nov 15, 2021 - Traffic Marshall in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company was really Carrer friendly

Cons

The traveling distance was quite alot

Kier Group Response

Thanks for the review! It's great to see you enjoyed your time here at Kier and felt supported in developing your career. As you've mentioned, some of our roles require some travelling, and it's not for everyone, but we do work with our employees to make this as manageable as possible. We wish you all the best in your new opportunity!

8. 3.0

Have far to go with D&I

Nov 28, 2021 - Corporate Social Responsibility
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the staff are really friendly and helpful.

Cons

D&I is a problem and it's clearly a trend within the operations.

Kier Group Response

Thanks for leaving a review! We're pleased to read that your colleagues have been welcoming in your first year and we hope you've enjoyed your time with us so far. You're right, we still have a long way to go from an ED&I perspective and we have lots of plans in the works to do so. We'd be keen to hear any more comments you have surrounding this, please speak to your line manager or HR Business Partner. Thanks for your feedback!

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Torbay Depot

Nov 28, 2021 - Street Lighting Engineering Associate in Paignton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Allowed to use own initiative.

Cons

Lots of changes in the background.

Kier Group Response

Thanks for the review! It's great to see that you appreciate the trust we give our employees to get the job done. We'd be keen to hear more about these changes you reference and your thoughts on them to help us improve. Please get in touch with your HR Business Partner or your line manager to discuss further. Thank you for your feedback.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Nov 26, 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loads of development, great jobs, experienced senior management.

Cons

Impossible to progress without people leaving the company, long working hours as you would expect from a contractor

Kier Group Response

Thanks for leaving a review! We really value your comments and all feedback is important for us to improve. It's great to see that you've appreciated the opportunities we've been able to offer you and value your colleagues and management. These are important things for us to get right and it's great to hear your feedback. We acknowledge that due to the nature of certain roles with us, it does require our employees to sometimes work long or uncommon hours. We aim to work with each individual and ensure that their situation is working for them and we encourage you to talk to your line manager of HR Business Partner if you're finding it hard to get the right balance. At Kier, we have lots of opportunities to progress within our business, not only in your current business unit but also across all areas of the business. We've recently been made aware that many employees are not always aware of all these opportunities and we are working on improving communications around this. Thank you for your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 629 Reviews