Kier Group Reviews

Found 809 of over 873 reviews

4.2
Kier Group CEO  Andrew Davies
Andrew Davies
Pros
  • "Kier Group provides all office equipment needed to work flexibly(in 70 reviews)

• "Nice working environment, instant exposure to industry(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Really enjoying working with Kier(in 53 reviews)

• "Large workload Long hours Limited freedom Low pay Limited benefits(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Diverse & Inclusive organisation with career paths

Jul 20, 2022 - Business Hub Manager in Norwich, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and strong values, linked to behavioural leadership. Wellbeing support continually expanding to encompass mental health, finance, men's health, fertility and menopause support for employees and partners.

Cons

Can be long hours due to nature of utilities work.

Kier Group Response

Hi, thank you for your review. We're delighted to see that you're making good use of the fantastic benefits we offer our employees, and that the support around the business including our new family friendly policies are noticed! We understand the importance of family life, and these new policies are here to further support our people. In regards to your comments on long working hours, due to the nature of some of our roles, we may need employees to work outside of the typical 9-5 hours. If your hours and length of time working is becoming an issue for you, we'd advise for you to speak with your line manager or HR business partner to find a solution. Thank you.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Incredible employee

Aug 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career progression Excellent leaders who support people

Cons

There is nothing negative about working at Kier

Kier Group Response

Hi, thank you for your response! We're delighted to see that you're finding great career progression opportunities at Kier, we're incredibly proud to be able to support all of our employees in their development. Aside from this, we're really pleased to see that you feel supported very strongly by leadership teams around you, this is another key aspect that we focus on at Kier. Thanks again!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company with fab support systems

Aug 11, 2022 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Supportive team -Inclusive culture -Progression is encouraged

Cons

SLT to be more visible and accessible, better salary structure

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Kier job

Aug 1, 2022 - Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment is very good

Cons

The salary for your level

Kier Group Response

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We're pleased to see that during your time with us, you were a part of a positive working environment, this is the atmosphere we want to see all across the business! In regards to your comments on salary, these are noted. We would like to add that currently we're operating in a very difficult candidate led market, where some businesses are offering unsustainably high salaries. At Kier, we have wonderful benefits available for all of our employees, ranging from our green car scheme all the way to discounts at your favourite stores and restaurants. Thanks again.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A supportive company and I've joined a wonderful team!

Jul 12, 2022 - Recruiter in Rushden, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having been 12 years since I worked in an office environment, I cannot believe the genuine supportive culture that has been created with Kier. Nothing is too much problem. The biggest wins for me are the family friendly policies, with support for agile working. Had my previous employer had such supportive policies, it is unlikely I would have had to leave their employment.

Cons

At this current time, I have not identified any.

Kier Group Response

Hi, thanks for your response. We're really pleased to see that you've benefited from our new family friendly policies as well as our approach to agile working! We're always looking to support our employees in any way we can, and giving the opportunity to work from home when needed as well as our new and enhanced policies are just some of the ways we do this. Your advice to management is appreciated and we thank you for your comments.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ok

Jul 20, 2022 - Assistant Qs
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not a bad company, can improve

Cons

Not a good company, could be better

Kier Group Response

Thanks for your response. If you have any further details on how we can improve, please speak to your line manager. Thank you.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A great place to work

Jul 4, 2022 - Delivery Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've found Kier to be a supportive and understanding employer, looking to bring out the best and develop Employees to their full potential.

Cons

Some may find company procedures and Management System has been improved and increased so much now that its becoming unwieldy. Can be useful at times but at other times there's a lot to wade through to ensure compliance.

Kier Group Response

Hi, thank you for your response. Firstly, we'd like to thank you for all of your hard work over the last 20 years, that's a huge achievement! We're really pleased to see that you feel supported by those around you in your role, and that you see the culture of us focusing on progression and development of our employees, this is very important to us. We appreciate some processes are quite lengthy which can be frustrating. We recommend you keep raising these issues to your line manager so they can feedback and ensure any possible change is reviewed. Thanks again.

8. 5.0

Hub

Jul 1, 2022 - Hub Operator in Aylesford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

1 shift pattern, good Company to work for, good wages, good training.

Cons

Only been there a month cannot find any.

Kier Group Response

Hi, thanks for your response. We're pleased to see that you're enjoying your time with us at Kier, we appreciate the hard work our employees do every day and it's great to see that you're pleased too! Thank you.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Alright

Jul 14, 2022 - Preconstruction Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Clear hierarchy structures - CEO has values

Cons

- Old school values - Behind the times - Racism - Sexism - Poor communication from management

Kier Group Response

Thanks for your review. We take your comments extremely seriously and would please encourage you to share further details about your experiences in our confidential Speak Up Helpline: 0800 915 1571 which is available for all current and former employees. Providing us with more detail will allow us to investigate this further.

10. 5.0

Great Start

Jun 29, 2022 - Plant Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training and looking ahead for future objections to better myself at Kier have been truly refreshing. Working for a company that wants to better their staff and support them is a massive positive for me.

Cons

Nothing to report so far

Kier Group Response

Hi, thanks for your response. We're pleased to see that you're enjoying your time with us at Kier, and that our support towards development and progression is having a positive impact on you! We're proud to always look at offering opportunity to our employees. Thanks again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 809 Reviews

Kier Group Reviews FAQs

Kier Group has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 873 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Kier Group to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Kier Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Kier Group. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

88% of Kier Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Kier Group 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Kier Group to be benefits, coworkers, career development and the cons to be culture, management.

Popular Careers with Kier Group Job Seekers