Lifeways Group Reviews

2.1
Lifeways Group Chief Executive Justin Tydeman
Justin Tydeman
Pros
Cons
  • "Staff seem more interested in keeping with friendships than providing care for the service users(in 10 reviews)

• "Poor Management and some Lazy Staff that are Backstabbers(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great People and Interesting work!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Lifeways Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

People genuinely care about the service we provide. Its a growing business and you can have a real impact. If you have an idea on how to improve something then management are always approachable and open to new ideas and ways of working.

Cons

High demand meeting rooms are always a challenge and personally I don't love hot-desking but I know it's how modern workplaces do it.

Lifeways Group Response

October 27, 2019Internal Communications and Engagement Manager

We're happy to hear that you enjoy working at Lifeways. We agree with you that our colleagues genuinely care about the service we provide and making a real difference to the lives of the people we support. We're always looking for ways to keep improving things, both for the people we support and for colleagues and we can do this best by sharing ideas and working together as one team.

2. "Amazing service users"

5.0
    Former Employee - Support Worker in Wirral, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Lifeways Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely loved working with some wonderful staff and amazing service users. Learned a lot about life. Good company to work for and nice team leaders. Nice back office staff/managers. Some great days out with service users. Really rewarding relationships built with service users. Team leaders were brilliant despite being rushed off their feet.

Cons

Pay in social care is low unfortunately.

Lifeways Group Response

August 26, 2019Internal Communications and Engagement Manager

It's lovely to hear that you enjoyed working for Lifeways and that you had a great relationship with your colleagues and managers. Good luck in your new role and best wishes for the future.

3. COVID-19

"Not worth it but do it for the PWS"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Halifax, England

I have been working at Lifeways Group part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the people who we support

Cons

Very low wage for a lot of responsibilities Flaky management Wages always wrong for support workers No extra pay for being on call And a million other cons

Continue reading
  4. "Good people, bad management"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Norwich, England

I have been working at Lifeways Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

People you support and staff

Cons

The management change the rules daily

5. "Poor management"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at Lifeways Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people we support are very lovely, they make the job quite enjoyable.

Cons

The management are clueless, they have zero skills in conflict resolution.

6. "Average"

Former Employee - Support Worker in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Lifeways Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people, learning opportunities for future work in the care sector, regular training

Cons

Hours can be taxing, management helpful but only to an extent

"Horrendous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at Lifeways Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Can’t think of any pros apart from free parking and lunches.

Cons

I have previously worked for the company as an RSW (residential support worker). I have to say this wasn’t a great experience with my time with the company. The environment presents itself as being unprofessional and childish, lots of playground gossip between staff and management. If you’re not in their “clique” you are immediately an outcast! Big blame and bullying culture. I myself found myself being “bullied” by one member of staff, who is still currently employed with the company. I reported this to management on several occasions who I felt just brushed under the carpet and didn’t want to deal with it. Staff seem more interested in keeping with friendships than providing care for the service users. I have overheard inappropriate conversations between staff, talking explicitly, and lots of talk around alcohol. There a 3 houses at Lifeways, one which is the Grange I worked at. The building its self is filthy and is in dire need of decorating and repairs. The staff morale is extremely low and management don’t seem bothered about the staff wellbeing. High staff turn over (which says a lot to be desired). The pay isn’t great and pay is always wrong every month! Underpaid and overworked. You are expected to sign 6 care plans a month and if you don’t you will receive a job chat. Would not recommend anyone to work for this company, there are other care places to work for just not this one.

"Poor management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Support Worker

I worked at Lifeways Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with the service users and

Cons

I had issues with my pay almost every month and it was always a huge hassle to get it sorted. Management were unprofessional and barely took anything to do with my service or the service users.

"If you can, avoid working for this company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Support Worker in Leicester, England

I worked at Lifeways Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues Pay for your transportation costs You can work in different places

Cons

Horrible Management Lack of communication between the management team and employees

"You get out of it what you give"

Current Employee - Support Worker

I have been working at Lifeways Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people we support are diverse, and every day is different. If you give your best to them it can be so rewarding to build a great relationship

Cons

Dont always feel supported by managers who are often overworked themselves. There are some services where there is a culture by staff to do minimal effort.

Found 116 reviews