MRL Consulting Group Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2022

Found 63 of over 65 reviews

4.2
MRL Consulting Group CEO David Stone (no image)
David Stone
Pros
  • "I have been with MRL for over a year now and loved every second(in 16 reviews)

• "Good commission structure and benefits(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I personally don't believe there are any cons from MRL(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic company

Apr 7, 2022 - Accout Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training, supportive and knowledgeable colleagues, CEO that only wants the best for his people. Had the most fantastic start to my career with MRL.

Cons

The industries we work in are challenging, but who doesn't love a challenge?

Group Operations Director

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review and for being a part of the team we have here at MRL! We're extremely proud of the team we have, and it's incredible to see everyone working to support each other! If you ever feel you want to expand upon the training you receive or focus on something specific, please do let us know and we'll try our best to support you!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Like fine wine it just gets better with age.

Apr 7, 2022 - Associate Director in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

3 screen set up so you can work freely and rapidly Work From Home means you don't have to be local to work here 4 day week with no strings attached - every Friday off unless you need to do something urgently in which case the office is open. A 1 month paid (un-targeted) sabbatical after 5 years service Lunch/Dinner of Legends for quota plus consultants every quarter Comms plan is very good - probably the best anywhere

Cons

Unless you are a big biller you could feel insignificant. The usual -"we don't do death by KPI's at interview" - fib.

Group Operations Director

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review, it's amazing to hear that you enjoy all of the benefits we provide for our team here! We hope you continue to enjoy your Fridays off and that the recent pay rise for everyone will help to relieve any stress about the current cost of living crisis. We try our best to reward every single consultant and applaud their successes, as well as to provide support when times get tough. We urge you come to us if you feel that you don't get the recognition you deserve at times so that we can find a way of making you feel as valued as everyone else. Everywhere needs more donuts! - leave it with us, and we'll make sure everyone gets a treat on us!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A supportive and encouraging place to work

Apr 7, 2022 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined MRL with absolutely no recruitment experience yet I can't emphasize enough how truly supportive everyone here is. I was nervous about joining but I have received nothing but encouragement, fantastic training and backing from everyone here. MRL provide a clear career path for whatever route you wish to take (it being completely up to you), and will provide you with the utmost support to get you where you wish to be. There is a great level of trust from management that doesn't involve micromanagement or looking over your shoulder every 5 minutes - they trust that you are doing your job properly and will get it done. I can't recommend MRL enough, especially for those wanting to take a step into the world of recruitment

Cons

None that I have come across so far!

Group Operations Director

Thank you so much for leaving us a review about your time at MRL so far. It's so touching to hear that the team is as supportive as they are, and that your nerves were calmed as you got settled. We love the fact that you're thinking about career paths and looking towards the future, we want to support you and provide that path in the way that suits you! We pride ourselves on respecting everyone here, regardless of the amount of time they've been here or how senior you are within the company; it's incredible to have such a responsible and dedicated team here, and to know that you feel supported without being micromanaged! If you ever have any concerns, please do come to your team leader, to Harley to Kelly or to David and we'll do everything we can to support you!

4. 5.0

Remote worker (Hybrid model) - Contractually 4 days onsite per month

Apr 7, 2022 - Director of Business Development in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company pays 5 days for a 4 day week and i am contractually due in the office only 4 days per month. Days I am in Brighton I am booked in to the Jury Inn hotel on the seafront. Sometimes the day before i am due in the office to ensure the early morning drive from Essex is not stressful. To counter inflation the CEO awarded every employee regardless of time joined or seniority a 10% pay increase last week after we a achieved the company record following 25 years of trading.

Cons

There are no downsides to working here since I joined in 2020.

Group Operations Director

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review, it's great to hear that you are taking advantage of the flexible working schedule we offer and that it suits your lifestyle! We hope that the 10% pay increase puts your worries at ease about the current cost of living crisis - and that you're here to celebrate our 30th anniversary with us when the time comes! If you ever have any ideas about a company incentive you think you and your colleagues would like, then please share it with us! we're always looking for ideas for company days out!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Greta place to work

Mar 28, 2022 - 360 Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great commission and incentives are available. Best commission structure in Brighton.

Cons

Like any recruitment company, when times are tough, it's tough

Group Operations Director

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review, we hope that the commission structure we provide has helped to set you up for a good life after MRL, and if you would ever like to return - then please don't hesitate but to get in contact with someone here! Although you have moved on, if times are getting tough, do get in contact with us. We're here for you now as much as we were when you were a part of our team. Reach out to anyone, we're here to help.

6. 1.0

Micromanagement is not a way to lead in 2022

Mar 30, 2022 - Account Manager in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mid morning snack van that comes around.

Cons

This company is stuck in the dark ages, with heavy KPI's and tracking of every minute on the phone. Throughout the day you will hear 'get on the phone' shouted by the manager who has little experience outside this business, this is not an enjoyable atmosphere. There is no remote working whatsoever and the 4 day week is irrelevant when there is no flexibility. Location is also pretty poor when it comes to lunch as its an industrial estate, surrounded by high rise flats.

Group Operations Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're deeply sorry that you currently feel this way about our company. We have a number of consultants in the office that work flexible hours to accommodate their responsibilities outside of work, and if this is something you would also like to have then please talk to either David or Kelly so we can accommodate your lifestyle around work. We strive to make sure every consultant is supported in the best way we can, so we implemented our monthly reviews to ensure that every consultant has the time and space to discuss any concerns they may have moving forwards, and are supported to the best of our capabilities. Whilst we can't control the businesses around us, our office is a stones throw away from a number of coffee shops, cafe's and patisseries that all offer lunch, and we have facilities on site so that you can make lunch if you prefer. We genuinely care about each and every employee and would never want anyone to feel like they cannot talk openly about the work environment we have spent years creating, so we urge you to speak to your manager, David or Kelly in confidence so we can find a solution to the issues you have raised.

7. 5.0

Support, trust and freedom

Jan 26, 2022 - Marketing Manager in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having joined MRL straight out of university, I can honestly say that the support, trust and freedom i've received since joining has exceeded my expectations. MRL could have hired in someone with more experience for me to report to and work under. instead, Kelly and David hired someone on a consultative basis to help me grow as a marketer, and created a career plan for me so that I would have space to be promoted later down the line. They offered me the opportunity to grow and develop, and the support to help me get there. I regularly work directly with David, bouncing ideas off one another (something very few people can say about their CEO) and feel the full support of everyone else in the office with everything I do. In the 6 short months I've been at MRL I've been given opportunities that people with my level of experience wouldn't get elsewhere. I've been taken to countless dinners, drinks and to one hell of a Christmas party, and treated like i've been here for years from day one. This isn't just a job, and David and Kelly aren't just bosses; this is a career, and every single person in a management position from CEO to team leader, including David and Kelly, treat you as an equal and lead by example.

Cons

6 months in and I haven't noticed any Cons to working here.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief Executive

Thank you for the kind words! We do our best :)

8. 5.0

Good place to work.

Jan 28, 2022 - Assistant Management Accountant in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, friendly atmosphere. Mentors are knowledgeable and encouraging.

Cons

So far no cons to add.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jan 12, 2022 - Principal Consultant in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great commission structure, great leadership - pretty great all round really! (Oh and the 4-day week is nice bonus too.....)

Cons

Why didn't I join sooner....?

2 people found this review helpful

Group Operations Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We hope you're enjoying the 4-day week as much as everyone else, long may it continue!

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Kids playground

Jan 27, 2022 - Principal Consultant in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I honestly cannot think of any pros. This place is like nothing I have ever experienced.

Cons

MRL have no respect for their employees, to the point there is strictly no remote working regardless of your family's health situation throughout covid, hardly an adult, trusting environment. At first this organisation was brilliant but eventually greed got the better of the CEO who eventually started keeping commission that was owed to prop the business. The youngsters of the business are monitored with a fine tooth comb by senior management which is a real shame as they would thrive elsewhere.

Chief Executive

If you had ever worked at MRL you would know that we have a solid, documented & published WFH policy that many staff use & enjoy regularly. During Pandemic we took the decision to support all our staff and hence made no lay offs and nor did we furlough anyone during the Lockdowns. In 25 years I have never, ever shorted anybody on their comms, and nor would I. It's gratifying that you see us as such a threat you need to write these nonsense reviews, but I'd urge you to raise your game and become better at your own job, rather than dedicating time to these libellous and so obviously bogus reviews. Good luck.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Reviews

MRL Consulting Group Reviews FAQs

MRL Consulting Group has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 65 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at MRL Consulting Group to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MRL Consulting Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MRL Consulting Group. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

76% of MRL Consulting Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MRL Consulting Group 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with MRL Consulting Group Job Seekers