MRL Consulting Group Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2021

Found 51 of over 52 reviews

4.9
MRL Consulting Group CEO David Stone (no image)
David Stone

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

works at

Deloitte

Harshest feedback you’ve ever received?

6,961

602 Comments

Consulting

131.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=MRL Consulting Group~667599
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

May 11, 2021 - Consultant in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Good company.

Cons

None that I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company with good benefits

May 12, 2021 - Consultant in Hove, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good commission structure and benefits

Cons

Middle management lack coaching their consultants

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Mar 20, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Hove, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Commission structure, training and of course the 4 day week!

Cons

None, well none that I can think of.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

The most loyal company....

Feb 24, 2021 - Sales Administrative in Hove, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I consider myself extremely lucky to be part of MRL, David and Kelly really look after their staff - they are loyal, trustworthy and do everything in their power to help you when it's needed, they never give up on you and if something needs to change due to your personal life they are there with you along the way. I would 100% recommend MRL as a place to work

Cons

I really can't think of anything...

5. 5.0

Great place to work!

Feb 26, 2021 - Group Manager Training & Development in Hove, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at MRL brings you opportunities - it's a place where you can develop personally and professionally and you're totally supported by your colleagues, managers and directors. David Stone is an honest and approachable CEO, always willing to listen and his open door policy makes you feel really valued. Yes, he expects you to be committed and work hard, but the rewards this brings are worth the effort. There are real opportunities to develop an international career with MRL, so if you're looking for the ability to work in exciting markets, with an established brand, where your professional (and personal) ambitions can be realised and have fun while you're doing it, then MRL is definitely the employer for you.

Cons

That the 4 day week was introduced after I'd left! :o)

6. 5.0

GREAT BUNCH

Nov 28, 2020 - Recruitment Sales in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training. Excellent benefits and care.

Cons

Very target driven. Normal in the business!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company I have ever worked for

May 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

4 day working week More benefits than any company I have ever worked for

Cons

I cannot think of any

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A truly great place to work!

Jul 17, 2019 - Consultant in Hove, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people first and foremost! David is a great boss and leader The comms scheme, perks and benefits

Cons

Honestly cannot think of any...

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great environment to be in

Jul 2, 2019 - Recruitment Consultant in Hove, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely people, good management; would be good for someone who has a bit of experience in recruitment.

Cons

The office is a bit far out of Brighton

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

21st century, cutting edge employer!

Jun 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Now I'm sadly approaching dusk in my employment lifetime - and having been with MRL for more than a decade - I can honestly (and without too much sugary sentiment) admit that MRL is the one company I wish I'd been able to work with when I was younger. Okay, so it didn’t exist thirty odd years ago but let's not split hairs! David Stone, even though I know he'd hate the praise, is the finest Chief Exec I've ever worked 'with' - not 'FOR' as he frequently corrects people! - and actually knows everyone by their first name (not as daft as it sounds since some company leaders never learn their staff member's names or anything else about them). And with excellent rates of pay, outstanding training, support and development opportunities, frequent - and occasionally boisterous! - company events, a fully funded sabbaitical every five years plus numerous other cutting edge staff benefits, why would you work anywhere else? Oh yeah, I almost overlooked the small matter that we all now enjoy a FOUR day working week for FIVE day's pay: literally, every week you have at least one day's holiday in addition to weekends... now who wouldn't be for a three day weekend, every single flipping week?! ;)

Cons

I'll be honest, and having been here so long, not everyone who's joined MRL has succeeded and paths have inevitably parted - the industry at this level is tough and it takes an even tougher person to succeed. But for those who have, I'm sure many would happily admit that MRL is probably the best company they've ever been part of - and maybe ever will. There's a deep and rare cameraderie here that I've never experienced before in my half dozen or so previous employers.

3 people found this review helpful