NRL Reviews

NRL Chief Executive Officer David Redmayne
David Redmayne
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Professionality and service excellence at its core

16 Apr 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Provision of training is structured and easy to digest. Technical experts offer support and welcome the chance to share their expertise. The company has adapted well to remote working, implementing new programmes and software to maintain branch and group communication. The company has a visibility and transparency to its progression structure, actively encouraging and pushing the development of its employees.

Cons

Covid has restricted travel so not yet had the opportunity to review the best practice of other offices.

NRL Response

Marketing Communications Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your first impressions, it's great to hear that you already feel supported.

2. 5.0

Great Supportive Company

8 Mar 2021 - Office Manager in Heysham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing support and mentoring during a global pandemic. Started during week 1 of lockdown and was offered exceptional training and guidance remotely to ensure safety of all staff was prioritised. Lots of mentoring and support from other branches and was made to feel part of the NRL family immediately with a clear understanding of the welcoming culture at NRL. We were resilient and adapted to new ways of working which have now, just become normal day to day activities. We delivered a successful outage in September with the majority of work done remotely which was amazing, we are looking forward to celebrating an amazing year together as soon as it is safe to do so and toasting to another successful year! I Would highly recommend the group to any new starter either internal or external and look forward to the future with the company. Don't be afraid to ask a question, we are here to help, support and guide all colleagues. Knowledge is key, and the more that is shared, the stronger the team!

Cons

Working from home can be tough, but it is key to communicate clearly with peers and ensure that you are looking out for all team members.

NRL Response

Marketing Communications Manager

Thanks for your review - it's great to hear that you've had such a welcoming experience despite our colleagues not being able to interact in our branches as they'd normally do.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A job that puts a smile on my face everyday! Fantastic company to work for!

28 Sep 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Wigan, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

To me, job satisfaction is far more important than benefits but NRL does both. Despite starting during COVID and home-working, I had a very thorough induction, making sure I know everything I need to. My line manager and the rest of the team have hit the right balance between giving me the freedom to work independently and support where needed. Since the day I started, I have felt like my opinion is worthwhile and have been lucky enough to be working on a very exciting project straight away. I've had the opportunity to speak to many of the senior leadership team and they have all been equally welcoming and supportive. I look forward to being able to meet more people in real life and see myself sticking around for a very long time.

Cons

- No cons to date

4. 5.0

Excellent

3 Nov 2020 - Rail Administrator in Falkirk, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff and management. Very supportive

Cons

None. Love it all. Well done NRL

5. 5.0

Too soon

12 Jul 2020 - Nde Engineer in Portishead, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Happy in my work so far

Cons

Far too soon tell as yet

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovative company with an inclusive culture

18 Jul 2019 - Recruitment Consultant in Sunderland, North East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone's opinions matter and are heard. Innovation is a high priority and there is always opportunity to offer your suggestions and ideas to improve the way we work. You feel extremely valued as an individual and an employee at NRL and i'm yet to come across someone here that isn't approachable or supportive. Always evolving in terms of work space and the latest technology and they make sure their employees are heavily involved in this. An overall fantastic company to work for where you really feel included and valued with the opportunity for continuous professional development.

Cons

Working hours could be slightly more flexible.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture and dynamic environment

7 Jun 2019 - Administrator in Wigan, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great and really know their stuff. There's a real drive to always improve how things are done. Culture is clear to see everywhere you look, but it's one of those businesses where this just seems to come naturally and isn't just posters on the wall that no-one reads.

Cons

Low staff turnover means that not many jobs come up as no-one leaves.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Dynamic, flexible employer who strive for continuous improvement

18 Jul 2019 - Senior Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Understanding management team, great support from Marketing, IT, Finance etc.

Cons

Could perhaps be more forthcoming with development opportunities

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic Company

2 Jan 2019 - Director in Woking, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that care about their staff. They have a fantastic culture and continuously look to develop their employees.

Cons

Can't think of any obvious Cons

10. 5.0

Continued Support and Guidance

27 Apr 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am currently working for NRL. I have worked for NRL for around 9 months and with the support from NRL, I have been able to take a leap into a new sector. I had the skills for the role but not the sector knowledge however with the support and guidance from management and colleagues I am pleased to say I can confidently carry out my role successfully. I have been given the tools to learn the sector and with the continued support I feel I am really gaining a thorough understanding of the industry. I absolutely love my role and do feel like I am taken into account and not just another "number". The company offer employees a really good benefit package which I think is great as you don't come across this often.

Cons

The working hours could be more flexible

2 people found this review helpful