Netbuilder Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-time Part-time

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daniel Gregg

Pros
  • Very generous in holding / orgainising social events (in 8 reviews)

• Great atmosphere, great people, great office with Pool table and 'social time' every Friday afternoon, excellent training facility and place to work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The training is unpaid but they make you very aware of this before you begin so it's just part of the job (in 10 reviews)

• You must be geographically flexible thus may need to move around often (in 9 reviews)

"A great opportunity with an amazing company"

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New and exciting technologies to learn.
    Training program is excellently written and taught perfectly by the expert staff.
    Within days of starting, you are made to feel like family and are looked after throughout and after training.
    Opportunities to consult with some huge companies in a variety of locations.

Cons

The training is unpaid, however with a guarantee of starting to get paid after 12 weeks AND a fully furnished apartment proved for you at no charge, close to the office, it is well worth the wait!

Advice to Management

Add a pool training course

2. "Best career decision I made so far"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Excellent training staff and facilities - I have learned more about the tech world in my first month here than I did at university

2) Excellent social culture at the office - There is a pool table in the break area, company social time on Friday afternoon with free beer, and numerous after work events in and around the offices

3) Fantastic opportunities - I am being trained to work in development at an established company in London, picking up training in new technologies and certifications that can go on my CV

Cons

I had to be geographically flexible as they will place you as and when positions become available (I was placed after 2 weeks)

Advice to Management

More "pub quiz" nights please.

3. "Excellent opportunity!"

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brilliant atmosphere within the whole company.
    Chance to work with a range of fantastic client companies including Home Office, Siemens & Lockheed Martin.
    Oppotunity to gain experience in a wide variety of in-demand technologies such as Pega, Mulesoft & Puppet.
    Honesty from management, if you're not cut out for it, need to put in the extra hours or are doing great you will be told.
    Perfect for graduates straight out of university to get a chance in the working world and the growing IT sector

Cons

The unpaid 3 months training is difficult to budget for but when the first payslip comes in it's all worth it and you have enough fun learning at the academy that you barely worry about it.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the academy, it's an integral part of the company and makes the consultants in the field what they are. Make your strengths as strong as they can be!

5. "A company which works hard and plays hard what more can you ask for?!?!"

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to develop your interpersonal skills (lots of social events including a pool tournament). The academy is a big confidence boost to all personality types.

Accommodation (with all bills) is provided by the company.

Cons

Money is an issue while training so make sure you have some savings.

Salary is the same amount regardless of which location you are placed at, this can be a problem if you end up living somewhere where living costs are high.

Advice to Management

The average living wage should be taken into account when consultants are being placed (all consultants are on the same salary regardless of location), perhaps assistance with deposits/rent would be possible.

"On the edge of being scam"

Former Employee - Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England
    Former Employee - Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England

I worked at Netbuilder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly teammates, young people around.

Cons

First of all, they don't offer a job position. It is just a contract to sell your freedom for 2 years:
    3 months trainning + 2 years working. After the trainning you can not leave the company before these 2 years. Otherwise you pay the cost of the trainning (highly overrated).
    The trainning is just an excuse to force you to stay, you will learn nothing, general things which you can learn in a bar with a beer in your hand sharing ideas with friends.
    During the 2 years job contract they will try to sell you to another company to work. If they can not do it, they pay you almost nothing and you stay in their warehouse in standby mode developing their inner projects for 2 years. If they do, the salary is still low. It's not up to you to go to a client.

Advice to Management

The business model is too poor, nothing to do with that

"NETbuilder Academy - Being a Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Salford, North West England, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic and friendly work environment where all colleagues are actively encouraged to participate in social events both in and out of work hours. Work is a constant challenge and new technologies are taught in a realistic and accessible way. All senior Staff are delightful to work under and help both with day-to-day problems and to keep the work environment comfortable and relaxed.

Cons

Large workloads with short deadlines can appear quite quickly due to the fluidity of the training process. These are a challenge and require efficient teamwork to deliver to deadlines. 12 weeks unpaid training is manageable but preparation and budgeting is important.

Advice to Management

I honestly struggle to think of improvements for Staff on a day to day basis. I'm very happy with my decision to join and have little-to-no reason to regret being here. My advice: keep up everything you're doing.

8. "Coding with UK's finest"

Current Employee - Academy Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Academy Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a great time over the last 12 weeks meeting lads from all over the British Isles and the States as well. Developed skills in relevant programming languages and frameworks. Rubbed shoulders with some UK corporate giants. The trainers took a great interest in ensuring Academy trainees maintained a good work-life balance. Great experience for anyone looking to get a start in the tech industry.

Cons

Everyone is so good at pool and it's a bit intimidating. I would prefer the Fun option Friday fridge be filled with only Stella and Strongbow, but so many people insist on drinking John Smith, Budweiser and Carlsberg. Rubbish.

Advice to Management

I had a great time. I think Fun option Friday, and trips to the dockyard are nice. Other team-building exercises which are not work related could also help with getting everyone in the office socialized.

Netbuilder Response

24 Nov 2015 – Marketing Officer

Hi, its great to hear your enjoying your time with us! I have to say I am sorry to hear about the cons in regards to the beer and pool... this is something we will have to look at improving on. Maybe ... More

9. "Should be top of the tables!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England

Pros

- Working with great people
    - Fantastic learning opportunity
    - Great career prospects
    - Very warm, welcoming atmosphere
    - Social time is a brilliant addition

Cons

- Not won a single game of pool yet
    - The drinks on Fridays could be a bit colder
    - In all honesty, best place I have ever worked and the opportunities that are at hand are astounding. You would be stupid to turn this place down.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing.
    Be a bit more discreet about the fact that you are definitely a pool champion training centre.

Netbuilder Response

24 Nov 2015 – Marketing Officer

It is always great to hear such positive feedback, thank you. I'm sure your pool skills can only improve...

10. "A Great Opportunity for Graduates"

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, good training, friendly management and good benefits. Focused on maintaining staff morale and excellence. Social activities encouraged and arranged by the company.

Cons

No control over your destination, potentially a lot of moving around for the job, unpaid training period.

Advice to Management

Maintain the adaptive style of management the company already uses, it helps morale and keeps the place entertaining.

11. "An excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - DevOps Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - DevOps Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid accommodation for training, training in multiple technologies, friendly and insightful trainers, motivated working environment.. The opportunity to finish an hour early to socialize with the rest of the staff in the office is also a great plus.

Cons

If you're not good at pool it's going to be tough for you during social time.