Netbuilder Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Netbuilder Reviews

Updated Oct 17, 2019

4.6
Netbuilder CEO Daniel Gregg (no image)
Daniel Gregg
Pros
  • "Very generous in holding / orgainising social events(in 9 reviews)

• "Company paid for nights out at the local pub(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The training is unpaid but they make you very aware of this before you begin so it's just part of the job(in 10 reviews)

• "You must be geographically flexible thus may need to move around often(in 9 reviews)

1. "Fantastic company with an exciting future!"

Current Employee - Technical Services Manager in Bromsgrove, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dynamic and always pushing forward with the ever changing industry Experienced professionals in all aspects of IT Investment in their people with certification training Good working ethos and calm work environment Everyone will get stuck in when needs must, fantastic team overall Perks in the form of discounts at high street restaurants, shops and online purchases Company bonus (based on performance) is... generous.

Cons

Standard Workplace Pension No other "common" benefits such as private healthcare, car allowance, gym memberships , pet insurance etc. - However you can get these type of things discounted using the perk system, so it balances itself out a little.

Advice to Management

The field technicians get travel claims, but no form of official allowance. In public sector or in other tech firms, field technicians tend to get an allowance of £1000 a year on top of their claims. This goes towards the wear, tear and depreciation of thier own vehicle.

Netbuilder2019-01-08

"It all started off so well"

Current Employee - Delivery Team Member in Brighton, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for more than a year

Pros

Had a fantastic feeling of comradery within the Delivery Centre, great communication and very strong leadership on-site. Solid processes and very clear plan of delivery from the project managers, with integrated support from testing and all developers - a real team spirit. Used to have lots of social events and Friday Meeting with Head of Delivery was always enjoyable.

Cons

Only had one customer. Lost that customer. We all lost our jobs. Either bad insight by senior management or poor sales but company crumbled beneath their feet.

Advice to Management

Get more than one customer. Get a sales team. Don't rely on one account manager. Show appreciation to your staff and don't leave it to project managers or Delivery Manager to give feedback.

Netbuilder2019-10-16
  3. "NETbuilder, a company of broken promises"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Brighton, England

I worked at Netbuilder full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get the cheapest perkbox package and a fair number of holidays. The people in the delivery centre are very friendly, often going to the pub for lunch on a Friday.

Cons

I was hired and had to assemble my workstation on my first day. I was then told to research a technology on my own for the next few weeks. I was given no formal training and was put on to a client facing role straight away. The company is archaic when it comes to employee benefits. No flexi time, no work from home policy, the cheapest band of Perkbox rewards and no bonuses. For a company that moved to trendy... Brighton, it is very behind the times in this area. The company has absolutely no career development. No training is offered and no matter how hard you work, your hard work is not recognised. You are just another cog in the machine and you will feel like it. You will be underpaid for your role. You will not be paid overtime, no matter how necessary your work was. You will be given personal objectives tied to pay rises and promotions, you are expected to these in your own time as "you must be billing". I was always at 100% utilisation and never given anytime to work on my objectives during office hours. The sales department is an absolute farce with a complete inability to find new work. We were promised work holidays to France and Spain, both of which never happened. We were heavily pressured to pass an exam that required a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Of course, we were given no time at work to prepare for this exam. There is a massive disconnect between senior management and the work force. You can get glowing feedback from a partner or client and no positive feedback from the company at all. There is no sick pay unless you are off for more than 3 days at once, even then it’s statutory, if someone gets ill, they feel obligated to come into work, spreading the illness round the office like wildfire. This company expects everything and gives nothing in return.

Advice to Management

You need to treat your workforce like human beings.

Netbuilder2019-10-17
  4. "Netbuilder Digital : A very exciting company to work for with huge potential!"

Current Employee - Delivery Team Member in Brighton, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for more than a year

Pros

Enjoyable, challenging work pace. Great team of people within Delivery team with a wealth of knowledge and a very supportive culture. Work hard, play hard mentality with good joined up strategy that filters down to team level. Very pleasant office environment, based in the centre of the city and really easy to get to from train station.

Cons

Could do with more structure around learning and development. Very rapid growth at end of 2017 and early 2018 has created additional workloads but this is being managed effectively.

Advice to Management

Keep working with and listening to your teams, they have great knowledge, suggestions and want to continue to be a part of Netbuilder's growth.

Netbuilder2018-01-31
  5. "Fast paced"

Former Employee - Graduate Resourcer in Brighton, England

I worked at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly team, had a good location

Cons

Little training, could have really done with something concrete in place.

Netbuilder2017-11-15

"A great opportunity with an amazing company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

New and exciting technologies to learn. Training program is excellently written and taught perfectly by the expert staff. Within days of starting, you are made to feel like family and are looked after throughout and after training. Opportunities to consult with some huge companies in a variety of locations.

Cons

The training is unpaid, however with a guarantee of starting to get paid after 12 weeks AND a fully furnished apartment proved for you at no charge, close to the office, it is well worth the wait!

Advice to Management

Add a pool training course

7. "Excellent opportunity!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Salford, North West England, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brilliant atmosphere within the whole company. Chance to work with a range of fantastic client companies including Home Office, Siemens & Lockheed Martin. Oppotunity to gain experience in a wide variety of in-demand technologies such as Pega, Mulesoft & Puppet. Honesty from management, if you're not cut out for it, need to put in the extra hours or are doing great you will be told. Perfect for graduates... straight out of university to get a chance in the working world and the growing IT sector

Cons

The unpaid 3 months training is difficult to budget for but when the first payslip comes in it's all worth it and you have enough fun learning at the academy that you barely worry about it.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the academy, it's an integral part of the company and makes the consultants in the field what they are. Make your strengths as strong as they can be!

Netbuilder2016-01-22
  8. "Best career decision I made so far"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) Excellent training staff and facilities - I have learned more about the tech world in my first month here than I did at university 2) Excellent social culture at the office - There is a pool table in the break area, company social time on Friday afternoon with free beer, and numerous after work events in and around the offices 3) Fantastic opportunities - I am being trained to work in development at an... established company in London, picking up training in new technologies and certifications that can go on my CV

Cons

I had to be geographically flexible as they will place you as and when positions become available (I was placed after 2 weeks)

Advice to Management

More "pub quiz" nights please.

Netbuilder2016-01-22
  9. "A company which works hard and plays hard what more can you ask for?!?!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to develop your interpersonal skills (lots of social events including a pool tournament). The academy is a big confidence boost to all personality types. Accommodation (with all bills) is provided by the company.

Cons

Money is an issue while training so make sure you have some savings. Salary is the same amount regardless of which location you are placed at, this can be a problem if you end up living somewhere where living costs are high.

Advice to Management

The average living wage should be taken into account when consultants are being placed (all consultants are on the same salary regardless of location), perhaps assistance with deposits/rent would be possible.

Netbuilder2015-12-15

"On the edge of being scam"

Former Employee - Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England

I worked at Netbuilder full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly teammates, young people around.

Cons

First of all, they don't offer a job position. It is just a contract to sell your freedom for 2 years: 3 months trainning + 2 years working. After the trainning you can not leave the company before these 2 years. Otherwise you pay the cost of the trainning (highly overrated). The trainning is just an excuse to force you to stay, you will learn nothing, general things which you can learn in a bar with a beer in... your hand sharing ideas with friends. During the 2 years job contract they will try to sell you to another company to work. If they can not do it, they pay you almost nothing and you stay in their warehouse in standby mode developing their inner projects for 2 years. If they do, the salary is still low. It's not up to you to go to a client.

Advice to Management

The business model is too poor, nothing to do with that

Netbuilder2016-01-15