Nurseplus Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nurseplus Reviews

Updated 6 January 2019

Paul Bingham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior branch manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Nottingham, England

Pros

Flexible work environment, rewarded for success no dictatorship allows autonomy to run your business

Cons

Nothing that any other company doesn't have

Advice to Management

Already looming st reward and recognition but could have a bit of a revamp for consultants

2. "Rubbish company"

Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Taunton, England
    Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Taunton, England

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No positives with this company at all. Would not recommend any one to work for them. Treat staff like rubbish.

Cons

More concerned with the homes than there staff. No back up from office. Face has to fit. Cancellations last minute.Have their own favourite people. Don't put in any complaints about homes as they use this against you.

Advice to Management

Start looking after your staff.

3. "Bad management"

Former Employee - HCA in Taunton, England
    Former Employee - HCA in Taunton, England

I worked at Nurseplus part-time (More than a year)

Pros

variety of homes, free 1st uniform

Cons

No shifts for care homes unless you work with learning difficulties, pay is not what you get led to believe, they add holiday pay in every week, so you basically only get paid £8 per hour then it gets topped up by holiday pay, bad management, no support, if your face or name fits then you should be fine, shifts cancelled last minute, shifts you arrive too not expecting you! Pay for your own Dbs, training is not great

Advice to Management

Support your staff

4. "Just started"

Current Employee - Carer/Support Worker in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Carer/Support Worker in Reading, England

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am going to start next week. for some reason everything just seems to good to be true like the pay, how quickly i got the job and the hours they have for me...

Cons

Office staff don't seem very professional but other than that nothing at the moment

5. "A nice agency to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, England

I worked at Nurseplus part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training
    Great team
    They will give you shifts and they won't force shifts on you like some other companies do.

Cons

Not full time
    Don't know what else to say.
    Don;t have anything bad to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

6. "Health care assistant"

Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Cambridge, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

well paid, weekly paid, good organisation and management, schedule according to the individual wish and needs

Cons

difference between the agreed hourly payment and received, no company car is given

Advice to Management

keep your promises

7. "Good structure and culture with strategic plans in growing the business."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good supportive culture embedded within the organisation.
    Departments are structured well who communicate between each other.
    Good schemes for staff and employees.
    Award winning training for employees
    Great ethos to train and develop new and existing staff

Cons

I’m very satisfied so far with a few slight changes I may consider once I’ve embedded into the organisation.

"horrible experience"

Current Employee - HCA in Plymouth, England
    Current Employee - HCA in Plymouth, England

I have been working at Nurseplus part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none. its long hours for almost minimum wage

Cons

office people rude and incompetent

Advice to Management

change the managers on plymouth branch. rude incompetent staff. leave people with no income which almost make me homeless. lots of people left because of this. now they employ more so sometimes you cant get even one shift a week. disguisting behaviour. thanks for making me depressed and in low mood due to office people who dont care. treat employees like trash and discriminate us due to our nationality. already contact with acas so they will tell me what to do next. NursePlus is so far the worst care agency in whole city. considering change agency where they pay even more for milage (20 pp per mile is a joke)

"The worst company that I have worked for."

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Nurseplus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Good office Manager - I had two office managers in the year that I was with Nurse Plus and both were very good.

Cons

* Un supportive Regional manager who spent more time on holiday and looking after her Favourites
     * Pure NASTY office staff - They should not be in care - a safeguarding waiting to happen!
    * No room for career growth - unless you have been there for at least two years, you will not get any support from regional management or head office. you are classed as a nobody. Your voice is not heard and ideas are never encouraged. You are Micromanaged to an inch of your life, and if you try something new to encourage business you are questioned.
    * Working in an office that is a health and safety hazard. Rotting walls and floors, No heating in the winter, Damp in all rooms and a toilet that is falling off the wall with mould surrounding it. Even a homeless person would think twice about being in there.
    * No opportunity to grow the business, only dictating about statistics, calls made, interviews completed - more interested in the numbers than the quality..
    * Training not substantial - literally letting children with four days training and not from a care background go out and care for dying clients
    * "Safeguarding" being thrown around and used as a Threat to the carers by office staff if they are unable to do their shift.
    * Petty Cash coming out of Office staff pockets leaving you short for the month - paying out for cakes, chocolates 'Drop' gifts for client visits as well as office tea coffee Petrol etc - all coming out of our pockets as there is no petty cash.
    *On call is a JOKE ! Getting calls at 11.30 at night and not being trained or qualified to deal with them is ridiculous

The list is endless......

In a nut shell this company is a Joke and head office need to focus more of the quality and training of their staff instead of how many calls you have made before 10am.
    I would not recommend this company to anyone. If you are looking to go in to care I would suggest opting for a company that will support you are your career, not a company that turns their back on you the minute it gets difficult.

Advice to Management

Focus on your staff more, both Office and carers!

"Total lack of direction and understanding of the market they are in."

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time

Pros

9am-5pm working day, would say not bad work/life balance but still have to cover on-call which is a pain. We were told about centralised on-call over a year ago and so far it's still not happened

Cons

No company direction
    No forward thinking or future plans
    Senior management have no idea about the market they are in
    No interest in expanding into additional markets or knowledge of how to in the Healthcare industry, senior management constantly just want more of the same
    BM's are never listened to, they are looked down on like we know nothing, even though 99% of the people in senior management have never worked in recruitment before.
    No understanding of the competition in the market, somehow they think a brand alone with a new pretty logo will attract business and candidates
    Total disorganization in head office, no-one communicates with eachother
    Culture is "you don't get any rights until you've worked for 2 years anyway"

Advice to Management

Stop closing branches like they're going out of fashion, 7 branches so far and one was only open for 6 months before they gave up.
    All of the above