Nurseplus Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nurseplus Reviews

Updated Sep 10, 2019

Found 55 reviews

3.2
Nurseplus CEO Paul Bingham (no image)
Paul Bingham
Pros
  • "great helpfull staff in office weekly pay, holiday pay, human approach to staff(in 3 reviews)

• "Nurse Plus is also like a recruitment agency(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Office staff don't seem very professional but other than that nothing at the moment(in 6 reviews)

• "More concerned with the homes than there staff(in 4 reviews)

1. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Recruitment Administrator

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company, awesome team, happy environment

Cons

Nothing to add, great place

Advice to Management

None

Nurseplus2019-09-10
  2. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time for more than a year

Pros

approachable management structure, brilliant culture

Cons

none, I love my role, my workplace, and the company has really looked after me. Can't fault them.

3. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Administrator in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, management genuinely care about your development. Opportunities to study and learn at your own pace. Flexible and fun place to work.

Cons

Systems run a little on the slow side.

Nurseplus2019-09-10
  4. "Brilliant company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Administrator in Liverpool, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone in the central recruitment team are lovely, very supportive and it's generally a great environment to go to work in without the dreaded Sunday night feeling!

Cons

There is genuinely nothing bad to say about Nurseplus

Nurseplus2019-09-10
  5. "You can learn a lot and enjoy a friendly atmosphere"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Administrator

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly and supportive team, career progression opportunities

Cons

can't really see any cons!

Nurseplus2019-09-09

"An amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent recruitment process. Lots of communication throughout the process Friendly work environment Exceptional management team One of the best places I have ever worked It's like one big happy family

Cons

Honestly can not think of one con

Nurseplus2019-08-29
  7. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Administrator in Liverpool, England

I worked at Nurseplus full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team at Nurseplus are awesome, without a doubt the best people I have ever worked with. The culture is amazing – fun, sociable and supportive. Targets are challenging enough but are also realistic and achievable. The training is great especially if you do not come from a recruitment background, there is plenty of support from the rest of the team. From application to placement the recruitment process was... fast, friendly and professional.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work, the team is the best!

Nurseplus2019-08-29
  8. "Great Company to work for."

Current Employee - Healthcare Assistant in Cambridge, East of England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nurseplus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great full, comprehensive training given to all staff members.

Cons

Only specific areas covered, Unpaid breaks

Nurseplus2019-07-28
  9. "Worst place I have worked in my career!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Administrator in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I worked at Nurseplus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Local job Caring for vulnerable adults in their homes None None None

Cons

Working in the care Industry was a first for me. I had taken the role as needed a local job due to child care. I had come from very senior recruitment roles were I had managed staff too. No-one at the interview picked up on this and neither did the Operations Manager who when I gave my CV to, instantly put it aside without reading it. This organisation is based on nepotism and you only get promoted if you are... related to or are best friends with someone. Not based on your good work and merit, no appraisal system exists. This agency cares about the bottom line which is profit. There is no concern for the vulnerable clients. Plus worked in an office that wanted me to racial profile care assistants and had to deal with racist name calling all under the banner of it being office banter. Name calling that the manager said it was just banter. They hit their equal opportunity measures as count the carers on zero hours contracts from different backgrounds. But, in their employed staff quota not anyone employed there is from a different background. This is were you should go if you want to be part of an organisation that proclaims to treat everyone the same. In fact if you are white with an English name you will be treated well. Shame if you are not. When raised grievance was told I was lying, there was no concern to hear what was going on and to make changes for the future. As they care for no-one but their own. The trainer they employed just sat and talked at the carers and there was no real interaction or professionalism shown. No control by head office of what goes on at branch level so, the Branch Managers are in control. Most have never managed staff or been trained in HR policy. They have no commercial or people skills and if anyone disagrees they get fired. The Branch Managers do as they like and a great deal have been promoted from being carers so, have no idea of working in an office. The carers were treated like trash on a zero hours contract by the co-ordinars who gave them the Rota as they were power struck. The ones that were looked after were the ones the co-ordinators were friends with. The rap care agencies get is true when it comes to Nurseplus. There is no control or caring going on in this agency. Only profit and having an easy ride. Everyone in head office is related to each other so, any form of protest is dumbed down. If I could have given a zero rating to all I would have.

Advice to Management

Just sitting making money off the vulnerable who get what they get as the carers who work for you are half decent human beings. You need to enforce your equal opportunities, racial and appraisals systems which will allow you to detect employee problems. No strategic planning to measure what’s happening with people at any level. Unorthodox methods to jump the hoops to pass CQC regulations also needs to be looked at.... Plus why does head office employ managers and area managers who have no clear idea of what they are doing. Beyond me and the grievance process along with your appraisal systems need to be reviewed.

Nurseplus2019-08-31
  10. "Great"

Current Employee - Agency Nurse in Southampton, England

I have been working at Nurseplus part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and supportive. Approachable and try to help.

Cons

Hours to fit childcare

Nurseplus2019-07-15