OSTC Reviews

Found 156 of over 166 reviews

3.5
OSTC Chief Executive Officer Lee Hodgkinson
Lee Hodgkinson
Pros
  • "The education arm of OSTC produces great content to assist in learning about different things within the markets(in 10 reviews)

• "Positive environment, passionate staff, friendly work environment, good development opportunities(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long working hours, stressful job(in 21 reviews)

• "almost no promotions, just for traders(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

67.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=OSTC~395543
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I have ever worked for

Mar 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A company that genuinely cares about its employees, it is personal, warm and people get along. You really can feel that you can be friends with your colleagues and I miss them. My line manager was the best manager I ever had, always there to listen, caring, and supportive. I was able to get through the hard covid lockdown period because of his consistent help.

Cons

I can not think of any.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Feb 1, 2022 - Senior Programmer Manager in Bromley, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and people are great

Cons

Nothing to note from cons

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of leadership, plan, and transparency

Feb 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good diversity and inclusion - okay salary

Cons

- No transparency - no top down communication - enforced set office working days (even for IT) - negligible budget for projects - long hours are needed as most departments are understaffed - no programs around employee benefits - very little staff recognition

1 person found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for your review. It’s always good getting constructive feedback from employees past and present. In terms of working hours and locations, we are monitoring the impact of our recent return to office for 2 days a week and will continue to adapt our approach so that it will be suitable to both our employees and the business. We continue to offer flexible options, tailoring support on a case-by-case basis, as we appreciate this is not a one size fits all approach. This issue is ever evolving as all organisations try to find the right balance and approach that is suitable for their businesses. Pease do reach out to your line manager if you are still working with us and would like to discuss things further. To continue to your concern around employee benefits, we have been listening to employees and will be launching initiatives that will help improve your experience in the workplace. With the ease of restrictions, as we go back into offices, we will be redesigning our workplaces and how and why we use spaces to create culture that is more conducive towards new ways of working. We continue to collaborate with colleagues on this, to ensure our approach will be fit for purpose for our employees. Similarly, employee benefits such as life cover and free healthcare will be relaunched this year. All these additions are being implemented thanks to the valuable feedback from our employees. We will continue to welcome feedback both on this platform or via your line manager if you are a current employee. As mentioned earlier, if you are still working with the company and would like to discuss any of the points you have raised further, please to reach out to your line manager or the HR team who would be more than happy to answer your questions. Regards, HR & Talent

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Small company with big ambitions

Nov 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working, remote working, caring management, open structure, responsible employer, great opportunities to improve skills

Cons

Siloes within the business hamper communication

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Employee conscious company that derives success from the happiness of its employees.

Mar 26, 2021 - Recruiter in Bromley, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees share a common ethos to be successful and the company rewards this by looking after their staff and allowing flexible working.

Cons

It is a fast paced company that is growing quickly. It is making the transition from small /medium company to a more corporate image so there is lot of change and growth.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great CEO who has vision. The vision of the staff below lacks the same direction

Mar 6, 2021 - Programmer Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Role has the power and accountability

Cons

Very poor salary and benefits

3 people found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. All feedback gives us good insights into how our employees are engaging and feeling about the business and their role within it. As a company, we are committed to creating a transparent working environment. Since the arrival of CEO Lee Hodgkinson in 2018, I’m sure you will agree that the company has felt more energised and open to all. Accountability for our employees is of huge importance to us. We pride ourselves on hiring people we believe have the ability to achieve and grow to their optimum level both in themselves and the business. As an organisation, we are strengthening our commitment to ensuring the wellbeing of our employees mentally, physically and financially. And we do believe we pay our employees a competitive salary from day one depending on position and experience. We are also in the process of reviewing our benefits package, which you will hear more about in the future. Thank you again for your feedback. If you’d like to discuss any of your concerns in more detail, please reach out to your line manager for further guidance and support. Kind regards, Kavita Khosla Group HR Services Manager

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Mar 25, 2021 - Sales Associate in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

No cons identified at time of working

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Exciting to be part of the journey

Jan 20, 2021 - Back Office in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ambitious firm with eyes focused on driving the company forward. You can feel the momentum and are genuinely respected for your opinions. You feel part of the team. A strong focus on employee wellbeing and personal development.

Cons

Employee benefits package could be improved.

HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. All feedback gives us good insights into how our employees are engaging and feeling about the business and their role within it. It’s wonderful to read what a positive experience you’re having with OSTC so far. As you may know, one of our company brand values is collective excellence. We believe any one of us is only as good as the people around us. As such, we also believe in taking care of our team to the best of our ability, and we pride ourselves on ensuring employee wellbeing is a key focus. We appreciate your comment regarding employee benefits. We are currently reviewing this package and have made it a focus as part of our talent management strategy moving forward. Hopefully you will see a few changes happening soon. Many thanks again for your feedback. We hope you continue to enjoy being part of our OSTC team and the exciting things ahead. Kind regards, Kavita Khosla Group HR Services Manager

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Could be the best or worst job in the world

Dec 5, 2020 - Prop Trader in Swansea, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

if you're really good at the job you can make a lot of money

Cons

Only a small percentage of people are successful

1 person found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for your recent feedback. At OSTC we have always valued openness and transparency, and reviews like yours help provide us with clear insights into our employee viewpoints. As a company, we pride ourselves on attracting and retaining the brightest and best minds in the business. We invest our time and effort into ensuring every one of our employees performs to the very best of their ability, which is obviously beneficial to both parties. 2020 has been a year of great adversity, but thanks to our resilient spirit and unwavering determination, our success continues to grow. We’re grateful to have you here by our side and thanks again for taking the time to write your review. Kind regards, Ryan Orton Head of Trading - EU

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

OK if you're starting out, to get experience

May 18, 2020 - Administrative in Bromley, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Social stuff, pizza, generally friendly people, informal, handy for the station. They can be flexible about what days you come in. They do want to change things and be progressive. I believe their training is good for trading staff.

Cons

Some people had just been there too long in my opinion and one or two had difficult personalities. I'd never heard of OSTC before I joined. Very little parking on site unless you're senior or are members of a small group who can get permission. Feels quiet at holiday times when some people work from home. Long hours (although they want to change this) and you may be just largely left to pick things up yourself. Key to your job enjoyment will be getting accepted by 'the group' you work with/for.

4 people found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide OSTC with your feedback. We value openness and transparency, and reviews like yours help provide us with clear insights into former employee viewpoints. We know there are many different trading companies out there, so we’re pleased you chose to spend time with us. As a company, we pride ourselves on having a family-oriented culture, not a stereotypical corporate one. We do try and invest in employees who want to stay with us in the long-term. This proves more profitable for them, and for us. As a Greater London based head office, we do appreciate we are limited on parking, so apologies if you found it difficult. We are very close to public transport terminals though which has proved beneficial to many. In terms of working hours, as you mentioned this is an area we are looking to address. We believe good work/life balance is essential for both happiness and performance, and we continue to look for new ways to improve this. Thanks again for your review. We wish you every success in your future career. Kind regards, Kavita Khosla Group HR Services Manager

Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews
    </>Embed

OSTC Reviews FAQs

OSTC has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 166 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at OSTC to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, OSTC employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at OSTC. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

70% of OSTC employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated OSTC 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with OSTC Job Seekers