OSTC Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Nov 16, 2019

4.1
OSTC CEO Lee Hodgkinson
Lee Hodgkinson
Pros
  • "Invaluable access to real-time trading conditions and the thoughts and experience of successful working traders(in 7 reviews)

• "Good office banter, manager was a good laugh fairly flexible working environment(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work (Back Office Staff - Bromley)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England

I have been working at OSTC full-time

Pros

One of the best things about OSTC is the people. The company has family feel to it, and all staff are approachable, including the Directors. It's very inclusive with social events planned monthly during the summer. There's an obvious scope to grow and develop within the company, which is actively encouraged, especially if you are motivated to do so. The company are dedicated to employee development, with... regular appraisals / goal & development reviews. Salary is very reasonable for the area. The company itself is branching out on different directions, and you feel the enthusiasm, ambition and dedication from the Board, which in turn gives the entire company a positive feeling and belief in the future of OSTC. Overall, I would recommend OSTC as a good place to work.

Cons

The lift is still broken after God knows how many years. Good for exercise, but doesn't present a professional first impression of the company. Neither does the facade of the building. Things which i understand are in hand. However, they've been in hand for years, and it doesn't seem to have progressed any further. Another con is the lack of benefits. Salary is reasonable, but I feel more benefits, such a... Private Medical / Dental, should be offered to staff.

Advice to Management

It would be beneficial for your staff if you included more health benefits (on top of the salary), such as PMI and Group Dental, maybe a corporate rate for a local gym, rather than just a pension.

OSTC2019-05-24
  2. "Trader"

Current Employee - Trader

I have been working at OSTC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Ongoing salary provided, even during initial training (when you're not trading live)

Cons

Long learning curve means you have to be resilient

Advice to Management

continue to improve ongoing support with new trading strategies and market access

OSTC2018-09-10

"Extremely Poor Prop Firm"

Current Employee - Trader in Swansea, Wales

I have been working at OSTC full-time

Pros

No Pro's at all, do not consider working for this firm. Industry Trading Salary is 3-4 times higher elsewhere in other funds.

Cons

This proprietary trading firm is probably one of the worst you could ever get a job at. They aren't even ranked globally as a top firm, the firm thinks they are regarded as a top liquidity provider from exchanges when in fact other firms do the same volume they do in a year in a day. Their entire business model is based on volume rebates from exchanges, they focus on volume rather than profitability and will force... volume on its traders if they are close to their targets even encouraging them to loose money to hit their volume targets. The firm has zero expertise on anything fundamental to do with any of it's trading products and OSTC management are extremely poor at trading, the office joke was the MD was an outright gambler, taking on excessive risk and encouraging traders to follow his "style", no proven strategy.

Advice to Management

Focus on where the market is going, Tech investment instead of instead in heart monitors. OSTC is 10 years behind the entire market and the rest of the prop community.

OSTC2019-08-23
  4. "Trader"

Former Employee - Trader in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at OSTC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to earn good money

Cons

Long working hours, long learning curve

OSTC2018-11-08
  5. "Great company culture"

Current Employee - Back Office in Bromley, England

I have been working at OSTC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flat hierarchies, learning opportunities, lovely office, focus on inclusion and tracking diversity as a measure of success, open and supportive company culture, work-life balance.

Cons

not working lift and the entrance which is far away from welcoming

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! maybe it would be worth thinking about adding certain benefits

OSTC2018-08-07
  6. "Lifetime opprtunity and company to work for!"

I have been working at OSTC full-time

Pros

Culture, organisation, talent management, top-notch executive team, flat hierarchy, working environment, creativity, career progression, Bromley location,pay

Cons

location is not London city but I have put that as a Pro as it is personal preference. otherwise, no Cons

Advice to Management

keep up superb work on building 21st century organisation that lives and breathes by its values!!

7. "Life at OSTC"

I have been working at OSTC full-time

Pros

Good communication between senior management and employees. It's easy to talk to anyone on the Board and/or the CEO. It's a very enterprising company and there are good opportunities for motivated people.

Cons

It's a medium sized company, with the constraints that medium sized companies naturally have. It's not really a big issue though. There is lots of scope to prove your worth.

8. "Growth Informative"

Current Employee - Receptionist/Office Administrator in Bromley, England

I have been working at OSTC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

OSTC has been the best company I have ever worked for. The management team are amazing making me feel valued in every way possible. Working at OSTC has given me opportunities to develop my skills and responsibilities making my job more exciting and enjoyable as the years go by. Working at OSTC has had a massive impact on my like professionally and personally 10/10 from me!!

Cons

The lift to doesn't work! Long way up to the 3rd floor!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

OSTC2018-06-15
  9. "Junior Trader - Brighton Office"

Current Employee - Junior Trader - Brighton Office in Brighton, England

I have been working at OSTC full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Insightful learning experience provided before employment at OSTC Brighton office. - Provide an appropriate base salary regardless of performance. - Professional yet warm and welcoming work environment, everyone is very friendly and helpful. - Great location and work/life balance, despite the longer hours experienced when compared to other careers. - A great boss, insightful and understanding.

Cons

- Some may find the long hours spend in front of multiple screens and seated quite tiring. There are no other cons in my view of working for OSTC.

OSTC2018-06-11
  10. "Back Office – Swansea"

Current Employee - Operations & Social Media Specialist in Swansea, Wales

I have been working at OSTC full-time for more than a year

Pros

I believe that if you work hard, show initiative and are passionate about your role within OSTC then the opportunities to progress are available. It’s great to work for a company where your ideas are heard and you have the chance to make a real impact on its success. The Swansea office have been incredibly welcoming from day one and I feel that I am a valued member of the team. Under Lee’s leadership the... company feels energised and we’re all excited hearing of his plans of expansion. Great yearly bonus for back office staff.

Cons

I struggled to think of something to write here but looking back to when I first started there was a lack of structure surrounding my role however I’m happy to share that processes have since been put in place.

Advice to Management

Continue to check in with staff on a regular basis.

OSTC2018-06-08