OSTC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

OSTC Interview Questions

Interviews at OSTC

2.8

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

I have done 2 interview but 2 weeks after that I got nothing even I have sent letter but at all no signal.
    What does that mean?
    Vacancy is still open on glassdoor

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OSTC (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

1.Screening and online test.
    2. Video interview consisting of behavioral question.
    3. PI was really smooth, it lasted an hour but at no point I felt that it was being dragged and the interviewer was really kind. All questions were in regards with the financial market.

OSTC has one of the best recruitment team I have ever seen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSTC (Mumbai (India)) in February 2020.

Interview

There were 5 rounds to the entire process. First was the Psychometric Test which was a normal aptitude based test, knowing the personality of the candidate. Then, they invite you for a Math and Aptitude test which again consists of various exercises to ascertain the speed, accuracy and art of remembering data. Math test had simple, easy number crunching questions with 5 minute per test, there were 5 such tests making it a 25 minute test. Please do read the instructions properly before starting the test. Next, was a video interview, which will ask 3 basic questions and you have to record the video for 90-120 seconds per question. In my case the questions were, 1. Why do you want to be a trader? 2. What have you done till now to make yourself a good trader? 3. Why OSTC?. Next, they invited for the assessment interview where they asked us to introduce ourselves through some flash cards and the qualities written in them. They introduced us to the company and the role and there was a 15-20 mins Q&A Session followed by a session of Simulation Games.
    Finally, they invite you for a Personal Interview with the Director and one of his juniors.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your family background?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to become a trader?   Answer Question
    • Tell me your story (Another way of asking tell us about yourself)   Answer Question
    • How would you differentiate from others appearing in the interview?   Answer Question
    • Some questions regarding US/UK and other developed economies.   Answer Question
    • I was asked about the Equity Markets as well, as I happened to say that they interest me. So, prepare before saying something you like and most probably the interviewer will grill you on that   Answer Question
    • Asked me about my educational qualifications, past internships and job experiences (if any)   Answer Question
    • The job asks a lot from the candidate, so one question that can be asked is If you fail or don't perform, how would you motivate yourself and convince me that you won't just leave the job and go away   Answer Question
    • Few other questions, depending on what a candidate says. So prepare accordingly and make a path for your interview by saying only those things that you are absolutely confident about   Answer Question

Financial Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSTC (Mumbai (India)) in February 2020.

Interview

From shortlisting to Personal Interview, the process was a bit long. It took two months. It was online and 1:1 both. It was long but interesting. Specially Aptitude and hand eye mind co-ordination test.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest challenge in life so far and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumba, Nord-Kivu (Democratic Republic of Congo)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OSTC (Mumba, Nord-Kivu (Democratic Republic of Congo)) in February 2020.

Interview

Initially the process worked very smoothly, after the Cv review, there was a psychometric test and then an aptitude one. After that there was a video interview, after which we were called in for an assessment day.

The interview process was said to last 5 hours but it took way longer. The first assessment was a trading activity and the interview with the manager was very good.

But the interview with director was very very harsh, he was asking random questions about market and expected to know all of them. Very stringent. The questions asked made no sense to the work conducted. I was asked to recite Alphabets and then recite them in reverse order as well

After that We were to given the result in the next 5 days, but it did not come and even after constant follow ups, they did not respond or declare a given final result

This just keeps the job seeker hanging in the middle of nowhere.

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OSTC (Mumbai (India)) in February 2020.

Interview

I got email for online assessment which was basic and then they called in office for test which included basic maths and then one way interview on some app.

Application

Interview

psychometric test after that aptitude
    After that a video interview consisting of 4 behavioural questions
    Finally assessment day.. introduction rouhd than trading on stimulator
    2 round of interview 1 with MD one with senior manager
    For a time being i thought they have best recruitment team.

But after my continuous follo up they didn't reply to my mail regarding update on candidature
    Process took 2 months
    I expected a offer don't know what went wrong no proper feedback

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OSTC (Powai, Maharashtra (India)) in February 2020.

Interview

First an online psychometric screening test and an aptitude test in their office.
    Based on results of both, candidates were selected for further round.
    Next round was recording a video for questions like
      This wasn't about solving or answering any technical questions but just a general get to know you. Didn't clear this round for unknown reasons.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OSTC (Mumbai (India)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online on their website. After 3-4 days they sent me an email where I have given psychometric tests. The test was very simple. The question asked in that exam was your personality-based questions. On the very next day, they sent me an email and told me to book a slot for a maths test. In maths test, they gave me 5 online based calculations games and very simple pattern recognition but if you lose before time expires then your game will be over. So keep that in mind. Be calm and cool while calculating the values, because of one wrong you will be rejected. I did not clear that exam so I don't know about the next procedure.
    I want to tell the company's management that they have to give 2nd chance to rejected peoples. Even they lose in those games but everyone deserves 2nd chance. Maybe in the future, if some selected persons don't know about technical analysis and rejected people will know stock market/commodity market/technical analysis/fundamental analysis/what is chart pattern/what is the trendline/how to do the technical analysis properly.
    just because they lose in maths games that do not mean they don't deserve 2nd chance.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSTC (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Starts with a basic personality test and then a quantitative test. All good till here, the real deal starts in the "Face-to-Face Interview"
    In the interview, they didn't ask me anything related to profile but rather asked me to recite A-Z in reverse order for them as selection criteria.
    It was supposed to be a technical round and then they were not even aware of the Fed rate cut which was announced in the last Fed meeting.
    Also, there is no career growth as a trader, the max you can get in this company is Sr. Trader after 3 years of working with OSTC.

Interview Questions

Because the maximum you can achieve in this role is Sr. Trader and then nothing beyond it.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.