Glassdoor Alert: Attempt to Inflate Reviews

We have evidence that someone has taken steps to artificially inflate the rating for this employer in violation of our Community Guidelines. We have addressed the issue. Please exercise your best judgment when evaluating this employer. Learn more about Glassdoor Alerts.

OutboundEngine Reviews

Updated 13 Apr 2021

3.4
OutboundEngine CEO Marc Pickren
Marc Pickren
Pros
  • "A great place to learn and grow your career(in 13 reviews)

• "Commission structure is set to reward those who work hard, so are spiffs(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low work life balance and underpaid for skill set(in 20 reviews)

• "People who want a kush 9-5 sales job that come in here not believing that this is a true grind(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 3.0

Can Be Great

13 Apr 2021 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work there are awesome. You'll make many friends. Good commission if you make a sale Longterm benefits Managers will spend a lot of time with you if you request it to learn better tactics Encouraging environment Provide lunch on Friday's and great weekly snack selection

Cons

COVID-19 protocol isn't great You need to put a lot of overtime to get good pay off. Including coming in on Saturday's. Base salary is barely there, so if you don't have a great month you will be barely making any money. Need to make 80% of your quota to earn commission

2. 1.0

Get a job elsewhere

7 Apr 2021 - Customer Success Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation allows you to pay your bills, and the customer service role gives you "some" experience.

Cons

-Heavy workload, very little pay -No work-life balance - Although they give you PTO, taking a day off is frowned upon and they will give you a ton of extra work when you get back -If you miss a day, expect to work through lunch (training/team meeting) and all your other breaks -If their phone system is down, they'll ask you to use your personal phone, which is not okay -Will stack calls during your break -Deal with a lot of angry customers -Sales team will do/say anything to lock a customer into a contract and make a buck, so you'll have to deal with angry customers who were lied to -Customer Success is severely understaffed.

3. 1.0

TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT

1 Mar 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Easy entry into the world of phone sales/tech startup life -Can be fun to work at if accepted by the internal cliques -Stereotypical office perks(snacks, lunch sometimes, etc.)

Cons

NO WORK LIFE BALANCE WHATSOEVER... Type of company that will shame you if you leave at 5:30.. I've referred multiple people here after leaving and the experience they've shared with me is absolutely appalling.. being publicly shamed to work till 7:30/8:00 at night and for a sub par salary compensation. It's pathetic and the people responsible for this should be ashamed. This behavior drives talent away from the sales community it doesn't foster or build anyone up. Dont read the good reviews.. dont be fooled by the best place to work awards, its all driven internally to give the appearance of something this company is not.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great People Here

14 Jan 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working here and have had a terrific experience with both coworkers and upper management. Upper management is hands on and invested in the experience that employees have at Outbound Engine, because they know that this will in turn impact the experience that clients have with our company. It is obvious that employees are working cohesively toward the common goal of helping clients and each other and helping the company grow. I can definitely see a positive future for this company and believe that the recent external climate has brought about a lot of positive internal change. I enjoy working from home and think that remote work opportunities will expand our company’s reach and our ability to grow, since employees don’t have to be physically in the office to work. The company is innovative and management thinks on their feet, so everyone is quick to adapt to change and we are able to make things work.

Cons

None! I've truly had a great experience here.

5. 4.0

Fast-paced, growing company

2 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced, awesome office, great culture

Cons

Lot of sales turnover, sales culture can be kind of bro-y

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Support and Collaboration

11 Jan 2021 - Account Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’m very happy that OutboundEngine has given us the ability to work from home, and they have continued to provide support for working from home based on our feedback and our needs. Initially, I did have some concerns that communication was going to get complicated and we weren’t going to be able to run things as smoothly. However, those concerns were quickly alleviated once we adjusted to working remotely very quickly. Teams are dedicated to what they do, and we are able to do the exact same work from a different location. Very adaptable, dedicated people, and the company has a lot of potential.

Cons

I'd like to get back in the office full time soon.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The best office culture!

15 Mar 2021 - Junior Account Executive in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

A very interactive training program. Set up for success. Great office culture. Love promoting.

Cons

Can be long days. Not many others.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great stepping stone for sales

12 Apr 2021 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office atmosphere, pay is great if you're good at sales

Cons

Cold calling, insufficient training and high expectations

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love where I work

1 Feb 2021 - People Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love coming to work every day. Everyone is supportive and helpful and the atmosphere is fun to work in. I feel like I can set roots in a company that not only cares about it's customers, but about me too.

Cons

I'm pretty happy so no complaints!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good experience if you're already independent

30 Jan 2021 - Administration in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your contribution makes a real impact on the business as a whole, regardless of your role. That can feel empowering. It's technically a start-up, and the informality of it is liberating at times (but, of course, most of this has to do with your dept/manager). Some cool, progressive peers. Tons of communicable experience to be had.

Cons

Veneer of care and comradery, pretty cutthroat, demanding, and cold for the size of company it is.. The product itself was fairly uninspiring, and creative development seemed thwarted by overall company goal being acquisition (opinion). CEO seemed disingenuous and didn't seem to take responsibility for obvious blunders (opinion).

1 person found this review helpful