OutboundEngine Reviews

3.8
OutboundEngine CEO Marc Pickren
Marc Pickren
Pros
Cons
  • "Low work life balance and underpaid for skill set(in 18 reviews)

• "3 months of no quota, you're fired, just like any other sales job, but they expect you to sell at a high level, and offer very little support/training(in 13 reviews)

1. "Grateful for my job at OE"

Current Employee - Customer Success Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work here is challenging (in a good way) and everyone I work with is dynamic and engaging. I feel motivated to come to work each day here. When working from home, I do feel like I spend more time working, but I also avoid having to commute, which has been really nice. I've been able to establish a positive work/life balance with working from home and appreciate that OutboundEngine took into account the struggles we might be facing outside of the office due to COVID-19, quarantine, etc. I am able to spend time with my kids, who are out of school, and manage personal matters better without compromising my job. I'm very grateful to work for such an adaptable and encouraging company.

Cons

I think we need to hire more people in customer success

2. "Strong Foundation, Excellent Company Culture"

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’m very happy to have the opportunity to work with such a great company alongside some amazing individuals. Although working from home has been challenging, the people I work with have made all the difference. We’ve undergone some technical difficulties, especially with remote meetings, but those have been for the most part resolved. I think that OutboundEngine management has done a great job of making sure that everyone stays in touch, and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on any critical info even though I’m not in the office in person. Management has built a strong foundation of trust among themselves and among employees, and this is critical in any company. They trust employees to get things done from home and I appreciate the newfound freedom that comes with a WFH position. Overall terrific place to work and excellent culture all around.

Cons

Technical difficulties at first with virtual meetings

3. "Great, Supportive Team"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Even when working from home, I consider myself so lucky to be surrounded by such great people. The team I work with is committed to clients, and work runs smoothly whether remote or in-person due to their dedication and our teamwork. management is great, I have only positive things to say about my direct and indirect supervisors, as well as the CEO. I think that working from home has brought a lot of positive change and would like to see this continue into the future.

Cons

Not being in the office is difficult; as an extroverted person I miss the energy.

Continue reading
  4. "Leadership Trusts Employees"

Current Employee - Product Marketing

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

Leadership has shown their trust in employees during this time particularly. They trust us to work from home without micromanaging, and I feel that I can rely on them to smooth out the transition and come to them with any issues I might have. I have a great team of talented and likeminded individuals, and I feel inspired and motivated when I come to work each day, even "coming to work" remotely. I enjoy helping clients and feel that they are truly satisfied. OutboundEngine's pay is fair and their benefits are great.

Cons

Meetings can get long remotely, and there have been some connectivity/tech issues.

5. "Change for the Better"

Current Employee - Customer Success/Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We've undergone a lot of change in the past few months, as have many companies, but I think that a lot of it is for the better. I really appreciate having the opportunity to work from home, as it has given me a lot more freedom and a better work/life balance in this changing climate (kids out of school, etc.). I love the people I work with and would consider this company a positive environment overall. I do miss being in the office and seeing my team in person, but this will have to do for now. I'm grateful to work for a company that's so passionate about employee health, happiness, and wellness, and they have been exceedingly adaptable to the recent changes.

Cons

Issues with online platforms like video calls, meetings can run long because it's more difficult to coordinate online.

6. "Committed to clients' success"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

OutboundEngine has a positive culture that enables growth, and I believe my career has and will continue to trend upward. I look forward to coming to work each day because I'm surrounded by good people who have a similar hard work ethic and are committed to helping their clients. Even from home, it's easy to see how dedicated our account management and customer success teams are to meeting and exceeding clients' expectations. Morale is high throughout the company and there is a generally positive energy between employees and upper management. I feel adequately supported when working remotely and would like to continue this in the future.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

7. COVID-19

"Responsible, Caring organization"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy having the ability to work at my own pace from home, and OutboundEngine has shown that they are responsible, caring, and put their employees' needs first by allowing us to work remotely. Everyone I work with is helpful, knowledgeable, and intrinsically motivated. My team keeps me going even though we're not together in person, and I can rely on them to help me if I ever run into any issues. Management and employees have a good relationship, and the company culture allows for open communication lines and trust between all levels of the company. Great motivation and energy throughout the organization.

Cons

I'd like to have the ability to work from home even when there isn't a pandemic; I feel that it's really helpful to the majority of employees.

8. "Supportive coworkers"

Current Employee - Sales Operations and Strategy Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Although I was skeptical of the transition to working from home, I've felt supported by my team during the entire thing. i feel like communication is going well and I'm able to get in touch with everyone I need to speak to, including clients. I feel that I can rely on my team as well as supervisors to help me with any confusing situation, and the company is understanding and supportive as this has been a very trying time. People still have a positive attitude given the circumstance, and I'm grateful to have a good job here at OutboundEngine. The team I work with has come together to ensure that everything gets done, and nothing has fallen through the cracks so far.

Cons

Nothing really! Some technical difficulties with virtual platforms.

Continue reading
  9. COVID-19

"Rewarding Job"

Current Employee - Operations & Strategy Analyst

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

OutboundEngine has a great company culture, and there are rewards for those who work hard. Management cares about employees and makes an effort to put them first, as well as rewarding particularly outstanding individuals. With working from home, management has made an effort to stay connected with employees, and communication is still evident across the company. I find it peaceful and less distracting to work from home, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on meetings, etc. by not going into the office. Things have been running smoothly and I feel up to date with my department and others, and I've kept up with clients.

Cons

Slower internet and COVID-related challenges with working from home, but that's all.

10. COVID-19

"Honest and Accommodating"

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great employee benefits, positive environment, and a lot of opportunities for growth. Overall I've enjoyed working from home and hope that it's something that the company will continue to do in the future. The people here are great, and the company is caring. I think that they go the extra mile to help employees out and be acommodating, especially during this stressful and strange time with the coronavirus. I enjoy helping the clients and feel confident that we are doing good work and that they are satisfied. OutboundEngine is honest and there is good communication even with WFH. I think that the system they have in place for communication is good.

Cons

I'd like to hear more from every department in team meetings, and to give everyone a chance to speak. Also some technical difficulties with online platforms.

Found 257 reviews