OutboundEngine Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Nov 2019

3.8
OutboundEngine CEO Marc Pickren
Marc Pickren
Pros
  • "A great place to learn and grow your career(in 12 reviews)

• "Downtown Location - Unparalleled Access To Mgmt & Execs - High On Target Earnings - Great Spiffs And Spirit Of Cooperation(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is nonexistent(in 14 reviews)

• "3 months of no quota, you're fired, just like any other sales job, but they expect you to sell at a high level, and offer very little support/training(in 11 reviews)

"Exciting startup transitioning to next level (from someone not in sales)"

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced work environment focused on growing the company and improving its product(s). A fun, vibrant culture where coworkers are actually friends. Good opportunity for promotion and career growth, including changing roles and/or departments. Company likes to hire/promote internally.

Cons

As with most startups evolving to the next stage of maturity, there are some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue working on improving the company’s viability long-term and hiring top talent.

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is huge potential to grow your sales career and skills at this company. I started at OutboundEngine 7 months ago as a Junior Account Executive and I am now an Account Director. I had no previous sales experience and have learned a lot in short amount of time. The skills and knowledge I have acquired from my time here will continue to serve me through out my career and life. The earning potential is high,... you just half to but in the work. As someone who came on this site to check out the reviews before applying and was skeptical of some of the bad reviews, I cannot stress enough how much you should focus on the positive ones because the earning potential and career growth is huge.

Cons

If your looking for an easy job this isn't it. You will NOT succeed here if your not willing to put in the work. This is not a job where you can just casually sit back punch the clock and scroll through the internet for half the day and then work the other half.

OutboundEngine2019-11-06

"Aggressive Compensation for Quality Performance"

Current Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sales has some of the best compensation plans with manageable quotas in the industry. Supportive and encouraging management team. Solid and affordable benefits. Great training for anyone new to the sales world, even for those that worked at other orgs could benefit from the theories and strategies taught here.

Cons

Cold calling is always a grind. Snacks are sold in a grocery style environment with a hard markup. Music leaves much to be desired on the sales floor.

Advice to Management

Do away with the grocery with snacks and provide them as a perk. Always sucks to have a company finding revenue streams to offset costs using their employees.

OutboundEngine2019-11-06

"Awesome culture to grow and thrive in!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very transparent company in every aspect - criteria for promotions, company strategy and upcoming changes, etc., were all made known to us. The company prides itself on everybody being in the loop on everything. AWESOME management! The best coaching and guidance I've ever had at a software company. Great earning and career potential as well, especially for a startup. You can progress in your career and... earnings very quickly here if you're willing to grind it out.

Cons

You have to put in the effort, similar to every other sales role out there. Have to be willing to grind for what you get.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! We all appreciate the transparency and strong team dynamic.

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

Time off, Great music, Good people

Cons

repetitive, stressful, challenging, rewarding, unique

OutboundEngine2019-10-18

"Tough Job"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cold brew on tap, ability to make lots of money, decent training

Cons

There was no work life balance at all they expect you to be in at 8 and leave at 6 on top of working Saturdays. 250 calls a day at least. Management doesn't care about you, you're just a number to them (except for a select few people). Turnover rate is CRAZY and they will even give dirty looks if you get up to go to bathroom more than twice a day. They scream at you if you are off the phone for more than a minute.... They also listen in on your calls when you don't even know.

OutboundEngine2019-10-22

"Great energy and people"

Current Employee - Junior Account Executive

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to learn the ropes for inside sales, the ability to work as many hours as you'd like (got to love that over time), good salary and large earning potential after commission. Learn to love the grind, very nice office, fun work events, generous ramp up period for sales, easy to get promoted, phenomenal benefits, easy access to anyone all the way up to the CEO.

Cons

Traffic in and out of downtown can be rough, work/life balance can be rough.

OutboundEngine2019-09-24

"Crack den call center"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

There very good at selling people on the job.

Cons

Everyone is on cocaine or Xanax. You make no money. Also get yelled at and punished for not “selling hard enough” aka bullying someone into buying something they can’t afford or won’t work for them. The product is terrible

Advice to Management

Make a better product and you won’t have to act like con artist and only have strung out people selling

OutboundEngine2019-11-05
  9. "STAY AWAY!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent snacks. multiple rooms to escape to.

Cons

Overworked. Neglected. Gossipy culture. Creepy managers. If the HR team were competent, half the people here would be fired.

Advice to Management

Actually be managers. You're all a bunch of immature, gossipy losers. No wonder the CEO stepped down. As did the CFO. As did all top managers. All the decent people are gone because they realized what a joke this place is and how much better they could do.

OutboundEngine2019-10-29

"A review from someone not in sales"

Current Employee - Product

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

You have a lot of freedom to propose changes and actually see them implemented. Most everyone smiles at everyone in the break rooms (...it could be because there are 15 new sales reps every few weeks to replace the 15 that just left and you don't know if you recognize the person or not so you "smile" to be nice). If you are in sales, come work 60 hour weeks and yes, you can make money. If you are in any other... department, stay away.

Cons

There aren't any promotions in any departments other than CS and Sales. The company is struggling with where to go next growth-wise and is stuck in a loop of doing the same thing over and over and over and over again hoping for a new outcome. Pretty sure the company is trying to get acquired within the next year so there is a strong focus on cost-cutting measures (WTF is this new snack system...can I has fruit back?)

Advice to Management

Develop career paths in every department. Actually do regular performance reviews so poor employees can be weeded out -- right now we just go around them not expecting much resulting in everyone else taking on more work in the end.

OutboundEngine2019-09-27