PHMG Reviews

Updated 24 Feb 2021

4.2
Pros
Cons
  • "Don't join unless you're willing to put in the hard work(in 40 reviews)

• "It’s hard work and can be long hours(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Senior MDE in Manchester, England

I have been working at PHMG full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay, bonuses, motivation, career development, brilliant culture. long Xmas holiday

Cons

Hard work, consistent high expectations that can be difficult to live upto.

2. "Money to be made!"

I have been working at PHMG full-time

Pros

great perks, great environment, money to be earnt

Cons

hours can be long - but that's to be expected when you have targets to hit!

3. "Best team I've ever worked with!"

Former Employee - Account Associate in Manchester, England

I worked at PHMG full-time for less than a year

Pros

Such a great company to work for! The North American team is brilliant - Tom and Lauren are the most supportive and encouraging managers I've ever worked with. The opportunities and earning potentials are great. Would highly recommend joining the company.

Cons

Not to most sociable hours but the company culture and opportunities makes it all worth it.

"Career stepping stone - More negative than positive."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I worked at PHMG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very social company with a young work force. Lots of friendly people and is a good place for a young person starting out their career to learn fundamental skills. Strong business model, even if it is a bit morally grey. Stable business which has given people good careers.

Cons

Mandatory CSR acitivy demanding staff to both attend events and also "donate" their own money to a pretty cynical Charity Foundation which sole existence seems to be for positive press for the company and senior managements egos, hard to say there is a real care for social responsibility from the company. Senior management is extremely authoritative, staff aren't valued and most suggestions are ignored regardless of the expertise or experience of the person suggesting. Generally a low staff moral, not much chance of progression especially if you are not in a direct sales role. Lots of staff turnover for a multitude of reasons, not all professional. Staff expected to work long hours well over their contracted hours. One mistake or issue far out weighted the good work done. No HR team, very poor review and performance structures in place.

Continue reading
  5. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at PHMG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture with great people

Cons

Nothinv of note to report

6. COVID-19

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at PHMG full-time

Pros

The pay opportunities are amazing. If you work hard the further you will go. You can get promoted easily if you work hard, be a team player and produce good results. The encouragement and incentives are incredible but you just need to work for it and show enthusiasm.

Cons

Sometimes a lack of communication Not COVID friendly

7. "North west account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at PHMG full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely amazing team. Tom Baldwin and Lauren Russell gave me the best support to get started and jump straight in. The team are welcoming and the training is also superb. I thoroughly enjoyed working at PHMG, the work and colleagues were all great fun.

Cons

None at all, great company with great colleagues and clients

8. COVID-19

"Exceptional Training"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Manchester, England

I have been working at PHMG full-time for less than a year

Pros

Starting a new role during a pandemic is not ideal, especially in the middle of a lockdown! Following the lockdown announcement, the team at PHMG managed to adapt the training course in a matter of hours to be able to facilitate the entire programme via Zoom and carried it out with enthusiasm and professionalism. The training course gave an in-depth overview of all functions of the business to ensure that everyone had the opportunity to learn about other departments and not just their own, as well as the opportunity to (virtually) meet several stakeholders in the business. What I thought was going to be awkward and stilted, turned out to be fun and insightful and I now I can't wait to put everything I have learnt into action!

Cons

The only negative is not being able to meet everyone in person as of yet but that will come soon enough!

9. "-"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I worked at PHMG full-time for more than a year

Pros

My immediate team was great, but I can't speak for every department

Cons

Rubbish holidays. No flexible working

10. COVID-19

"Friendly hardworking and professional environment"

4.0

I have been working at PHMG full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good training and induction which has been vastly superior to anything I have had with previous companies. On our first day we had to make a last minute switch to a remote induction due to a COVID national lockdown. I most impressed that this only caused a few hours delay to our schedule. To put it into contrast my last employer took over 6 months to adapt the training to remote working. The trainers must have gone through a massive effort to adapt so fast. On another note It’s been a refreshing change for me to meet people with energy, who laugh and enjoy their work. Also I have only been with this company a short while so far I have got a really good vibe and enjoy the job.

Cons

The only downside for me is the holiday allowance. It’s pretty universal now to have 25 days so I was a little shocked to find you only get the legal minimum 20 days normally associated with small start ups.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 339 English Reviews