PatSnap Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

PatSnap Reviews

Updated 21 Jan 2020

3.9
PatSnap CEO Jeffrey Tiong (no image)
Jeffrey Tiong
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains of a Mid-sized SaaS business - process(in 9 reviews)

• "long hours but to exceed targets, you need to put the hours in and that is fair(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing customer universe and mission"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at PatSnap full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic customer universe and market place if your curious about technology and best practice innovation. Evolving and maturing ''go to market'' team which is working on some game changing strategies.

Cons

Very fast paced and sometimes choatic - guessing that's normal for a venture capital backed SaaS business. Also the founders are relatively young so sometimes get shiny toy syndrome:-)

Advice to Management

Our naturally evolving focus on ''innovation intelligence'' is very excisting and engaging. Please stay focused on this as I feel we are really on to a long-term winning stratgey.

PatSnap2019-06-07
  2. "Great people at a fast growing company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in London, England

I worked at PatSnap full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A friendly, welcoming work environment and culture. There’s opportunity to make good money if you put in the hours. The company is making a concerted effort to make life better for employees through initiatives and benefits. A great place to start in the SAAS industry with a genuinely good product and some really influential clients.

Cons

A lot of change within the business and targets can be challenging if you don’t put in the time. Which is to be expected in a sales role and at a hyper growth company. Overall a positive experience m

PatSnap2019-12-04
  3. "Exciting new leadership , who are truly making a difference the business"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at PatSnap full-time

Pros

Great people, trusting and challenging working environment, you are given autonomy to do your job and now true career development are being created

Cons

Fast paced working environment

Advice to Management

Listen to to you people and see our committee!

PatSnap2019-11-25

"Uncountable false promises meet massive incompetency"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at PatSnap full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can't really think of any Pros here

Cons

Picture a business, that want's everything in the world, but has absolutely no idea how to get there, almost making more mistakes along the way than anything else. I could write on for hours what goes wrong in this company, but I am just glad i left that sinking ship before I drowned with it.

Advice to Management

Sell the business to anyone who wants to and can bring in a competent SLT along with them. Also hire people with experience and no students who try their first job here. Also, unrealistic sales goals won't keep people in your company.

PatSnap2019-12-10

"Fabulous Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at PatSnap full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is changing for the better. I enjoy every day I spend here. I am learning from my everyone here. All are very open, honest and inclusive in their approach. Many new and effective processes are supporting our goal towards the future ahead of us. I feel very lucky to be part of this journey and to contribute with my ideas and knowledge. Great that our CEO finally has his leadership team in place and focusing on the right initiatives and finally getting more positive support from us all.

Cons

There are still a good handful of negative personalities who seems to be stuck in the past and pulling a lot of optimism downwards. I'm afraid what more damage they can to to us all if they are unable to transform. I wish they would leave and leave the future of patsnap to those who like change and growth.

Advice to Management

I know you are listening, so let the positive feedback be the strength to concur those who only are here to destroy. We love what you are believing and involving us in.

PatSnap2019-10-20

"A place to learn many things"

Current Employee - Administrative in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PatSnap full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a startup company, you’ll have many chances to explore new projects. This is something you can never imagine if you work for a more established company. Here you can try anything and the leadership team supports such culture. Founders encourage open communication, you can often find employees talk to top management directly. Often times you are engaged in cross team discussion and brainstorming.

Cons

Also because of the startup nature, products evolve so fast that leadership team constantly alter their thoughts. You need to learn to move on and embrace change or otherwise you be lost in your previous endeavors. Some managers grow with the company when it’s first founded, some managers are hired externally. There is no bad or good for these two managerial styles, just that in a long run this is challenging and might affect the execution.

PatSnap2019-10-18
  7. "The people at PatSnap are the best around.."

Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England

I have been working at PatSnap full-time for more than a year

Pros

Had the opportunity to meet the most amazing and intelligent colleagues Good chance to progress my career Enjoy the day to day 90% of the time and have a good work/life balance Good social events put on by the employee forum

Cons

Management keep taking backwards steps and don't listen to any feedback they ever get given, in fact, they tend to do the opposite

Advice to Management

Listen to the amazing minds that you have working for you. By ignoring them you are insulting everyone who works for you and in the end, pushing people out

PatSnap2019-10-10

"Get out what you put in"

Former Employee - SDR in London, England

I worked at PatSnap full-time for more than a year

Pros

Business park is a nice place to work. Greg was a pleasure to work under, learnt a huge amount from his successful experience as an SDR and played a vital role in developing my sales career. Great team culture. Good place to starts your sales career.

Cons

Lack of transparency in the past. Lead sourcing.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow at a sustainable rate.

PatSnap2019-09-23

"Core Product"

Former Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I worked at PatSnap full-time for more than a year

Pros

I just left patsnap and I really appreciate the opportunity given. This is my first product manager role. I was under the data team as data expert originally and the company willing to give me a chance to be product manager when I applied for it. For the past 1 year when I was product manager, I have learnt so much. The last project I was involved in was the smart image feature. It was one of the very innovative feature that we have launched this year and the customers love it. It helped them to save a lot of time when viewing patents. I really enjoyed the job and can feel the impact I made to the customers - helping our R&D customers to make the world a better place.

Cons

Since last year the company start introducing process to manage the product release. We setup a PMO function to run that. The intention was good but the actual implementation should be better well thought out. I believe the process is suitable for bigger corporation but for our size, we should have a lighter process and keep our agility and innovation.

Advice to Management

Product is still the most core to the business, especially we are a Saas business. Our patent core analytics is definitely the leading product in the industry and we also have launched a few new products - discovery and bio. We need keep innovating but at the same time need to be focus.

PatSnap2019-06-24

"It’s the Hope that kills you"

Former Employee - BD Manager in London, England

I worked at PatSnap full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The location Most of the people A really good product up to Q4 2017 CEO is inspiring but lost some vision

Cons

Didn’t kick on following funding rounds Failed to hold on to best sales people Forced half ready products out Didn’t back enterprise properly Failed to penetrate fortune 100 targets Lost the energy on the floor and the why Awards brown nosing over talent

Advice to Management

Think about where you want to be based, Toronto or London, cut off LA it’s failed. Reward staff and try and regain some spirit

PatSnap2019-08-19