Plural Strategy Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2021

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

4.8
Plural Strategy CEO Jim Easton (no image)
Jim Easton
  1. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

Flexible and supportive company

Feb 24, 2020 - Consultant in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've found Plural to be incredibly supportive of the work I've done on freelance projects with them, as well as being encouraging of my work outside of the company. They're a very inclusive and sociable company and make an effort to get to know their employees.

Cons

I haven't encountered any cons.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start your career - fantastic team and intellectually stimulating environment

Dec 30, 2019 - Associate in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fantastic vibrant, supportive and entrepreneurial culture which creates a great learning environment. The culture has been maintained as the company grows rapidly in size, reputation and diversity, and as it implements more structured HR / recruitment processes - Lots of early responsibility – invaluable early exposure to partners / senior project managers who are industry experts + genuine drive for juniors to get client exposure - Highly intelligent, motivated and approachable team at all levels who really push you and challenge your thinking regularly - The nature of Plural’s focus industries (B2B media, information and marketing agencies) give you indirect exposure to several different industries (e.g. CDD on a news subscription product for companies in the gaming industry) - Rapidly developing a reputation as the leading consultancy in its focus industries – a great journey to be a part of which you don’t get at larger consultancies - Great company away days, socials and off-site training - Recent move into a fantastic new office

Cons

- As with any strategy consultancy, long hours and tight deadlines on a regular basis should be expected - Plural’s fast growth means that projects can be sold before deciding if there is sufficient resource, which can add to the pressures of an already intense job for employees - Focus industries are mostly B2B and can feel tricky to relate to

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun, vibrant firm with a great culture and interesting work

Oct 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about Plural is the people and the unique culture they create. This may sound cliché as many other consultancies tout a great culture, but I genuinely found Plural to be a very special place because of how caring, supportive, friendly and fun the people there were, all the way through the organisation from analyst to CEO. The firm’s small size and high proportion of non-travel work also means that you get to really bond with people in the office, giving a sense of camaraderie that may be harder to come by in other firms. The structure is very flat, and the partners are just as visible, approachable and fun as everyone else in the office. All in all, this creates an enjoyable work environment that I feel would be difficult to find anywhere else. Culture aside, the work at Plural is interesting and top-class. Plural are focused on a few sectors and are very renowned within their focus areas. Because of this, they win projects from some of the largest clients and work on some of the most important M&A deals in their sectors. Despite Plural’s sector focus, you still get to work on and learn about a broad range of industries as the events sector (one of Plural’s focus areas) serves a huge multitude of industries. The firm’s devotion to providing clear and honest advice is exceptional, so it feels like you are really doing what’s best for the client and not just earning money from them. There are also lots of learning opportunities as the firm is filled with extremely bright people. Overall, a very fulfilling place to work.

Cons

The firm is very strong in M&A and commercial due diligence, but other types of projects make up a relatively smaller proportion of work. Although this is changing and the mix of projects is becoming more diverse, if you are mainly looking for other types of projects the frequency of these may be slightly more limited for now.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Amazing place to learn

Sep 29, 2019 - Work Experience in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Despite only spending a couple of days at Plural, i learnt a lot about consulting and Plural's values. It was very hands on and the team was super supportive. Great environment, very inclusive. It was inspiring being working alongside so many bright and driven individuals.

Cons

Overall i had a very pleasant experience at plural, I can't think of any downsides.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Learn from the best in a flat, supportive environment

Feb 6, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely supportive environment, including from senior management and partners. Strong emphasis on making the office a fun place to be, with many social events (including a birthday party where the Plural band perform). High-profile strategic projects (as a result of Plural's sector specialist focus) and exposure to top senior management at client companies. Opportunity to get involved in firm-building in various ways.

Cons

Intense projects require long hours, and other consultancies have a stronger focus on formal training rather than on-the-job training.

6. 4.0

Analyst

Oct 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, you really learn a lot

Cons

Long hours, but this is common in the industry

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing impact, colleagues and learning

Sep 1, 2018 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plural is a special company in many ways, and I feel the time I spent at Plural was truly a privilege. Plural has three partners in London, and they are considered to be the world-leading experts in their respective industries. This is important, because it brings some of the most important projects across the biggests players (e.g., we won projects to MBB consultancies). Moreover, such expertise also brings greater clarity on how to solve business challenges and provide lasting results for the clients.And why does that matter? Well, have you ever found yourself in a project where the partner clearly oversold expertise that doesn’t exist in the team/office? I suspect we all know how that ends, and that’s unlikely to happen at Plural. The core team is fenomenal, and I could spend a long time talking about them. When I first joined Plural, I soon realised that I had around me a group of diverse and brilliant people, which fostered not only great insights for the clients, but also a great culture. Very important to me, the combination of the above with the size of the company made me feel that we were like a family, sharing the same ambition and enjoying the journey together.

Cons

More a matter of preference than a downside: if you prefer a company with established processes or don’t have an entrepreneurial spirit, there might be better options for you. And again, it’s a matter of preference. In my case, I had worked previously at two large consultancies (including MBB) and was very used to focus only on project work - all things and processes in place. As you can imagine, that’s not exactly the case of a company that was two years old, and I saw this as perfect opportunity to further contribute to Plural and all my colleagues’ lives, beyond the work I delivered to our clients.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Accelerate your career while having fun

Oct 20, 2018 - Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work with high profile clients Accessible partners Unique camaraderie and team atmosphere Central London location Opportunity to travel and spend time abroad Strong performance rewarded by fast progression and responsibilities

Cons

Occasional long hours during deal work

9. 5.0

great consultancy firm

Nov 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

lovely culture, great people. bright, intelligent co-worker.

Cons

small offices but there are no real cons.

10. 4.0
    Former Intern

Enjoyable and interesting work, great team

Mar 13, 2016 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small, friendly London team Interesting projects / industries Liberal allocation of days off following intense periods

Cons

Limited industry focus (events sector predominantly)

5 people found this review helpful