Priceline.com Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Brett Keller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance, I was surprised some reviewer(s) said they have to be online 24/7 because that's not the case for anyone on my team (in 28 reviews)

• Motivated People, Healthy work environment (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The lack of COO is driving upper management to lose focus on what happens to the customer dollars once they make it in the door (in 6 reviews)

• Very corporate, hard to move the needle on change (in 3 reviews)

"Miscommunication"

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are amazing. Full ride medical/dental etc. The parties and events are constant and always awesome. The company itself hires incredible people that are a treat to work with. Holiday time is good, pay is decent enough. The office culture will favor one type of personality over another, and if you fit in then work is going to be a party.

Cons

The lack of communication across departments is staggering. It's incredibly frustrating to watch most people and teams completely in their own bubble, too afraid to lose standing or power by sharing what they know and what they can do. The office culture will favor one type of personality over another, and if you don't fit in you'll be frustrated and lonely.

Vertical movement is basically impossible. People change titles from time to time but the structure of the company is such that a small number of feature team leaders constantly battle over how to do things.

Advice to Management

Performance monitoring of people leaders is crucial, not just on their deliverables but on their management skills. Some of the people I've worked under seem to do everything they can to throw you under the bus or keep you from getting too much influence without going through them.

2. "Awesome people and nice place to grow your career"

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance. Awesome people, Great place to work.

Cons

Do not have a proper standard when it comes to hiring more talent. Also, compensation is not so great.

3. "Limitations depending on what group you are in"

I worked at Priceline.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product, management really cares about the product.

Cons

Certain regions not given the attention they need or deserve. If your accounts are in one of those regions, expect to work really hard, and not be taken so seriously.

"Poor leadership, not what it used to be"

Current Employee - Director in Norwalk, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Norwalk, CT (US)

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive compensation. Decent travel perks. Shuttles to train station. Free coffee. Bagel Thursdays. Am I at twenty words yet t?

Cons

New senior leadership was hired in haste by former CEO who quit the company shortly after. Many depts are left with inept, inexperienced leaders who are struggling to coordinate the efforts across departments and even within their own teams. Stress level 9999

Advice to Management

Require some exam for LT to ensure you're not hiring frauds.

"A Good Has Been...Now on its last legs"

I worked at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

Good work life balance
    Part of The Priceline Group ( -> stock is doing well)

Cons

Uninspired Leadership at the top
    Technology department is in ruins (thanks to a clueless- "I dont know, you tell me" CTO)
    Mass attrition in record numbers in recent months -> unhealthy work environment + mediocrity in all facets (HR, Product, Software, Business, etc.)

Advice to Management

No advice really (they know it all apparently).

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Norwalk, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Norwalk, CT (US)

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance, pay and benefits, office environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Very good experience"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Norwalk, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Norwalk, CT (US)

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Senior leadership is very open and welcoming. No one at the senior level shies away from communicating directly about the business and there's a great forum for submitting questions for the CEO & execs to answer (which they do). There seems to be a clear focus on employees and wanting to make it a great place to work. There is a shared focus throughout the organization on doing the right thing for the customer - in fairness there are opportunities to do things better but it's certainly not for lack of commitment to making changes & improvements.

Cons

As a somewhat new person I find there's a contingent of "that's the way we've always done it" people but (on the plus side) management is very supportive of questioning the status quo. Technology tools internally are outdated but (again) there is commitment from leadership to invest and get it done if the 'status quo' people can get on board or get out of the way.

Advice to Management

Break down silos - you do a great job communicating at the exec level and I believe there is desire to innovate and evolve; that's not necessarily shared throughout the org so even groups who are on board with that run into roadblocks because others want to maintain status quo.

9. "Surprisingly Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT (US)

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Priceline.com feels like it’s turning the corner and starting to move forward. It has changed a lot over the past year and I like the direction. Senior management is trying to change the culture to be faster moving and more demanding. It’s hard, but rewarding.

Cons

Resources can be scarce. I often feel that we are understaffed. Expectations are reasonable though I wish we had more people.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for growth and be open to testing out of the status quo. Invest where it makes sense. Develop an employee recognition program so that overperforming employees get recognized broadly - that is missing today.

10. "Awesome People and Hell lots of opportunities to learn"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT (US)

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learning is the key here
    Latest tech stack
    Competitive Salary
    Good People
    Good Work Life Balance
    Great group overall
    Good Leadership

Cons

Needs to be more innovative
    Needs to go global
    Less staff for the amount of work we have
    Hire right

"Your job and sanity is always on the Line."

Former Employee - Manager in Norwalk, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Norwalk, CA (US)

I worked at Priceline.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall has competitive benefits, vacation and acknowledgement of holidays. Company tries to define its culture.

Cons

Just like its difficulty in finding its marketing brand again, certain department management are having difficulty in finding its measure of success. Manager level receive much of the growing pains when some departments are using fisher price software systems and 10 plus year old technologies to find answers and solutions that upper management needed yesterday.

Advice to Management

You can't be the size of the titanic and expect to tell the management down below to make a quick left turn instantly in the dark. You need to make the upgrades that are robust, train that staff how to use it and have actually experienced management lead these departments in helping redefine this company during the day and in the dark.