Priceline.com Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Priceline.com Reviews

Updated 13 Nov 2019

3.5
Priceline.com CEO Brett Keller (no image)
Brett Keller
Pros
  • "Much better work/life balance than previous companies where I was responding to email all weekend long(in 37 reviews)

• "My experience working at Priceline has been nothing but positive(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Priceline has a long way to go to return to its glory days(in 12 reviews)

• "Unless you are in the good graces with the upper management, your voice is not heard(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great culture, great people"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Norwalk, CA

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work and great people. You will enjoy coming into work everyday.

Cons

None. Great company values and culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Priceline.com2019-11-13
  2. "Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

Fun holiday parties, some kind people

Cons

No clear strategy and frequent changes in direction from management makes it difficult to feel invested in anything. Not a great environment for women. CEO is the world's worst micromanager.

Priceline.com2019-11-10

"No technical growth And Too much politics inside company which reflects on young developers"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing except that you get good amount of time to study for your dream job

Cons

Too much politics no encouragement towards tech development pays less compared to that of other companies

Priceline.com2019-10-22

"Apply for your next job at Priceline !!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

My experience working at Priceline has been nothing but positive. As a new hire, everyone has been welcoming. Collaboration across technology teams is encouraged and always welcomed, which contributes to the positive culture. Work/life balance is great. The flexibility to work from home when needed is a huge plus that other companies I worked for did not really allow. Product managers and team leads genuinely care... about your well-being and stress levels, and make an effort to ensure things are going well. Engineers are encouraged to attend tech talks and conferences to further our knowledge and to remain relevant and up-to-date in the industry. The CEO and other members of the leadership team are open to, and provide many opportunities for us to share ideas and thoughts on how things are going. Mobility within the company is also encouraged. Our managers and higher ups want us to be learning every day and to have fun while also making a meaningful impact. Bonus: snacks are a plus and are always stocked :D

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment.

Priceline.com2019-09-11

"Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Priceline values the talent that I bring to the team, and entrusts me to get the job done. I split my time between NY and CT offices, and they both have a very laid back feel. Some people stay late and continue working, cause I guess they just love their job that much. Salary is on the top end for the industry, and what else would you expect? It's on the higher end on the Fortune 500, and they have delivered... bonuses to employees without fail for 20+ years. The Norwalk location is located at beautiful 800 Connecticut Ave, which offers an impressive array of amenities, such as a fitness center, dry cleaning, and a full cafeteria (including a grill).

Cons

At the moment, I honestly can't think of any, as biased as that sounds. I'm happy with my schedule, my work to life balance, and the career path that has been laid out for me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Priceline.com2019-08-15

"No Innovation"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good if you are looking for a relaxing job

Cons

If you are innovative, there will be 100 human road blocks along your path, Sooner or later you will stop thinking ideas and just follow their rules, to keep your job, and basically just do 1+2 = 3, everyday, or sometimes 10* 15 = 150

Advice to Management

Hire better leaders

Priceline.com2019-09-20
  7. "Work from home position"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great schedule options and flexibility Easy to hit metrics Great management

Cons

You don't work for them directly, but through a third party company No benefits No discounts

Priceline.com2019-08-13

"Kind of a mess"

Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

Smart people, decent benefits, growing tech stack

Cons

Re-orgs are common, lack of accountability among the different teams in technology

Priceline.com2019-08-15
  9. "Good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good company and friendly people.

Cons

No snacks in Connecticut office.

Priceline.com2019-07-31

"Good workplace, but the place needs some work"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Priceline.com

Pros

Mostly great people, fun events, challenging work. The transparency from leadership is refreshing, and constructive criticism is encouraged at all levels. Company culture is important.

Cons

Lack of communication between product and marketing teams. This creates a feeling that we are not all working as a team, but all have different agendas and compete against each other. Way too many meetings, and meetings that last too long. Much like I pointed out above, communication is essential whether it be between different teams within the same department or different departments, but there is a point in... which the amount of time spent in meetings can be detrimental to workload, work-life balance, and morale. The Design Team is in shambles which is most likely a temporary status, but they seem to be overwhelmed even when fully staffed and without a stable process in place in terms of working with different teams. We seem to be taking on too many new projects before perfecting old ones.

Advice to Management

Unite product and marketing departments. How can the goal of collaboration between the different entities under the Booking umbrella be achieved if it can’t even be achieved on an internal basis? CUT DOWN MEETINGS. Communication is key, especially when trying to get different departments on the same page, but sometimes it’s not necessary to pull everyone away from their daily tasks for an hour a week or a few hours... each quarter just to have a catch up. Help the Design Team. Fully staff this team, and create SLAs between a fully staffed design team and other teams that utilize the Design Team on a regular basis. Finish what you start. International expansion is excellent and necessary, but let’s perfect what we have been working on first so we can bring that knowledge with us into the international space

Priceline.com2019-07-02