QA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.3
William Macpherson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is a lot of really great people working at QA which is one of the main reasons I have been here so long and see myself here way into the future" (in 14 reviews)

• "A great place to hone your skills as a sales person with good coaching" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Training is unpaid for three months" (in 11 reviews)

• "2 year contract if you leave or fired within 2 years you will have to pay back" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Account manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at QA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

brilliant support, and great team spirit

Cons

not that i can think off

2. "Director"

I have been working at QA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent company to work for

Cons

None that I can think off

3. "Welcoming and friendly company with great variety"

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Assistant in London, England
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Assistant in London, England

I have been working at QA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Something that stands out above the rest is the friendliness of the company. As someone who is just starting work life, it can seem daunting. But from every level of the business, everyone has been welcoming and actually seem to enjoy the work they do. This makes working life more enjoyable and has its social benefits. For the job, in communications, you have access to the adobe creative suite, laptop and a very knowledgably IT team. My role so far has been very varied with my tasks evolving on a weekly basis so it is hard work, but rewarding – especially seeing the goal in the end is to promote education. Only being close to 2 months in, it is a great place for a graduate to learn from very experienced professionals and with a lot of variety in my role of marketing, I’m learning a lot and quickly. I am even getting actual responsibility as a new starter which is always greatly appreciated.

Cons

The different divisions of the company is confusing at the start with four different ones. Once you put faces to names it becomes clearer, but definitely a challenge at first. There is also a bit of a lack of communication between the various divisions, with it feeling like at times, four separate businesses. I know this is an ongoing improvement but was noticeable at the start. As well, the lunch space is very small meaning more people eat lunch at their desks or out, making it a bit expensive for London.

4. "Obsessed with providing exceptional service!"

Current Employee - Head of Management Accounts in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Head of Management Accounts in Leeds, England

I have been working at QA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve worked at QA for 7 years and find QA a great place to work, fast paced and full of opportunities to develop and progress if you are willing to put yourself out there and take them! Hard work and getting involved beyond your job spec is encouraged and greatly rewarded. Whilst creating the best customer experience (internally and externally) has always been at the heart of what we do, over the past few years the focus here has literally become an obsession, with locations throughout the company having their very own Customer Obsession groups focusing on helping with the continued improvement of our environment and culture for staff and the service and experience for all our customers. There is a big focus on charity also so there is always lots of fun activities to get involved in with, we also get 2 days paid charity leave each year which is rewarding. There is a lot of really great people working at QA which is one of the main reasons I have been here so long and see myself here way into the future.

Cons

Due to the fast paced environment it can be a little difficult sometimes to keep up with the changes.

5. "Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at QA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made some great friends here, some employees are great at what they do. Pretty good comms structure. Training for sales people was good when I started a few years ago, I cant comment on it now as they have changed the structure.

Cons

One of my managers was sacked and the others were extremely incompetent. After I left, many other members of the teams left.

"Great start to my professional career"

I have been working at QA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training - I was given extra help when I needed it and the staff are all supportive, so have Liaison Officers. I've met some amazing people and I'm looking forward to a bright future in my new role since deploying.

Cons

Communication between departments can be improved on

QA Response

12 Sep 2018 – Group Communications Director

Thanks for your comment. We agree that communication can be improved and you will be pleased to hear that it is something we are actively working on improving. We are looking to introduce Consultant... More

"Great training"

Current Employee - Trainee Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Trainee Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at QA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is very effective. Learnt more in 3 months than an average computer science students learns in 2 years

Cons

Bad management and communication. Sometimes courses can be unorganised

"Great team and supportive environment"

I worked at QA full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working with my team, supportive managers and fast paced environment

Cons

Uncompetitive salary and slow to implement changes

"Great team and company to work for!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at QA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career development, great managers and brilliant colleagues.

Cons

The KPIS and sales revenue can be stressful to meet if starting out.

QA Response

11 Sep 2018 – Group Communications Director

Thanks so much for the review. I'm glad you are enjoying things and that you are being well supported by your managers and colleagues. I can completely appreciate that sales targets can be daunting... More

10. "Academy tranniee review"

Former Employee - Trainee Consultant in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Trainee Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at QA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some helpful and friendly trainers learnt some skills that i can take on in applying for other Jobs I did enjoy my time in the Academy

Cons

Not awful lot of commutation
    I was let go right at the end of my training after receiving a final warning the week before however had not had serious conversations about my performance(athough before training i was told this would happen before they consdier geting rid of you) before hard and was told I was ok. this all seemed to happen because of a clent drop out in which i was aolcated two form what i was told when i received the news. I

Advice to Management

If feel someone is is drnger of not making it though feel speak to them to let them know before it gets too serious, also look though feedback to see weather a cretin aspect is form one time or not