QA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
QA CEO Paul Geddes
Paul Geddes
Pros
Cons
  • "The trainers are ok I wouldn’t say experts in their field but they do know what they are talking about(in 14 reviews)

• "12k if you wanna leave before the 2 year contract (payable within 30 days)(in 12 reviews)

"10 months and still going strong"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at QA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to gained free training and experience within the IT industry without needing to have a degree in computer science. lots of support is given throughout the whole process (recruitment and training) and trainers are always happy to give additional support when asked. good salary for my first job. I am currently 6 months into a 2 year project and all is going well, looking forward to seeing where... my career goes and can't thank QA enough for this opportunity.

Cons

Had to wait 4 weeks until I could start my training.

QA2019-10-18

"No care for staff and focus on negatives"

Former Employee - Skills Coach

I worked at QA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quality team are amazing and soo supportive including the compliance team big up to afef for always helping out when needed and when no one else wanted to Team members always help like a big family!

Cons

You have to work into your personal time when learners need to complete work which is by the way not your fault but learner doesn't want to take responsibility but you have to speak to them in the evenings and burnout but still not good enough because they rather focus on complaints then your well-being and how you are coping. Also very bad management that use things against you instead of supporting you

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on sales and numbers and focus on staff well being and your company will flourish

QA2019-11-16
  3. "Okay if you can cope with back to back repetitive course deliveries"

Current Employee - Technical Trainer in London, England

I have been working at QA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pretty Autonomous enviroment if you can get you work done; downside is if you need; you own your own.

Cons

Tendency for cliques to form and advanced their own personal interests and strategies. You got to play politics to get anywhere or anything done. And if you attempt to be pro-active and hardworking; work is directed at you like a ton of bricks!

Advice to Management

Establish a system of meritocracy and smash the cliques advancing their personal interest and careers to the detriment of the company's future. Hopefully the new CEO will see through all the fog and obfuscations. And improve team communication.

QA2019-11-07

"Good place"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I worked at QA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Enjoyed my time here

Cons

Old offices and furnitures

Advice to Management

In vest in estates

QA2019-10-04
  5. "QA Consulting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at QA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great way to get into consulting - Free training

Cons

- Two years of low wage - Have to travel - Little support after working with client

Advice to Management

Improve communication

QA2019-10-28

"The coercive bullying manager has been given an absolute power to torment and degrade.a"

Former Employee - English Language Assessor in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at QA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely colleagues and good location.

Cons

Highly manipulative, tyrannical and coercive bully of a manager in the English Language Assessment department who is allowed to `rule his little kingdom` as he pleases, humiliating and mistreating his subordinates. Comparing to the atmosphere in his department, with all smiles on the surface, Spanish Inquisition may seem like a holiday resort.

Advice to Management

Do not turn a blind eye to coercive managers. Do not give middle managers absolute power. Make sure HR are not afraid to actually hear employees` concerns, and empower them if they are mistreated, instead of blindly supporting those in charge and sweeping the truth under the carpet.

QA2019-11-10

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at QA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Team Comms Progression opportunities Supportive management

Cons

Basic pay Fast pace not for everyone

Advice to Management

Review basic pay. Keep the family feel the business has.

QA2019-09-23
  8. "Amazing opportunity"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at QA

Pros

Lots of opportunity for career pathway

Cons

Poor organisation sometimes at work

QA2019-09-28

"Unfriendly culture that encourages toadyism"

Former Employee - Skills Coach

I worked at QA full-time for more than a year

Pros

All the benefits of a large organisation, plus some good people work and have worked there

Cons

There are many reasons why I left QA but the main one was that I didn't enjoy working there. Despite the potential opportunities and some wonderful people who I worked with, the experience was marred by constant procedural changes that were implemented without any consideration to their impact on staff moral and client experience. A big problem was the encouragement of staff to work unpaid overtime through... praise of those who did and accepted all that management passed down from above without question. Within a 9 month period before I left the environment had become toxic and difficult to function effectively within. The worst part was the poor communication within the company e.g. if a particular email was missed then you could potentially be marked for some form of performance management. The final straw came when a large conference was arranged in London (2019) for all the coaches. Let's just say that's 6 hours of my life I will never get back and QA will never get the money it spent and the other coaches time back either. Silly Uninformative Muddled Offal (SUMO) The really sad thing is that I left some really good people there and some excellent learners, all of whom I wanted to see achieve their EPA. My advice to anyone considering a role at QA is read the 1 & 2 star comments carefully first, then look to see if there is anyone else hiring.

Advice to Management

The head of deliver needs to learn about risk management, especially when it comes to implementing change. It might help with moral and staff turnover.

QA2019-10-08

"Great HE institution"

Current Employee - Senior Lecturer

I have been working at QA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive team of academics who are there to help. Great student body.

Cons

Progression can take time. Can be intense due to the three semesters.

QA2019-09-14