Seccl Reviews

Join the conversation on

Tech

107.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Seccl~3185313
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Great place to work!

Nov 12, 2021 - Software Engineer in Bristol, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Has an open and friendly working environment - Things here are nearly transparent - Ideas and opinions are taken into consideration seriously - Supportive and really care about employee's personal development - Flexible working hours & flexible home office

Cons

Company is still growing at a rapid rate so it means that things would change from time to time and can be very flexible. It can be a cons for some people not getting used to it. Onboarding process was a bit long but the company is already addressed with the issue and making improvement!

Seccl Response

Thank you for your review and positive comments about the supportive, friendly and open environment and a place where ideas / opinions are taken seriously. We really do welcome ideas (good or bad!) from anyone as that is what drives us forward and helps us innovate. We understand your comments about the rapid growth we are experiencing which does mean that things change quickly and without much warning! We try to communicate this during the recruitment process as we know it's an environment that doesn't suit everyone! The on-boarding process is something we are working hard to improve so that it is a smoother and quicker process for all our new starters. We appreciate all your feedback as it really helps us address any issues that might be occurring and celebrate all the things we are getting right!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company culture and very flexible!!

Oct 22, 2021 - Product Analyst in Bath, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Your workplace impacts your well-being at work. In this regard Seccl has an amazing workplace and a really beautiful office. 2. The people in your workplace are the ones who supports you at work. In this regard Seccl has an absolute bunch of friendly people, which feels more welcoming. 3. There is a lot of learning which makes us feel super confident. 4. Everyone are approachable and very helpful.

Cons

1. The process of onboarding can be a bit more streamlined.

Seccl Response

Thank you for your great feedback on what it's like to work at Seccl! With regards to the on-boarding process, this is something we are actively working on at the moment and hope it will become more streamlined in the very near future!

3. 5.0

Great place to work

Oct 15, 2021 - Software Engineer in Bath, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The team is amazing. Everybody in the company has been very helpful, from every department. - The company values are very focussed, and if they align with what you believe a company should care about, you will find yourself in heaven - A lot of freedom in the dev squads. Developers have a lot of say in what we build, and it feels amazing. You will care about your work MUCH more than if this wasn't the case.

Cons

- A lot of processes pain of a company that is growing a lot and rapidly. - A lot of new joiners means that the knowledge isn't really spread yet, but this will be solved pretty easily.

4. 5.0

Most inspiring place I've worked

Oct 15, 2021 - Product Manager in Bath, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Respect, Trust and support from management and my peers. An open and honest working environment. Genuine opportunities to influence the way we work and what we do. Leaders, not bosses, who inspire us by standing shoulder to shoulder with us. A real feeling of purpose each time I wake up in the morning.

Cons

If you're used to corporate structure, you might find the environment still quite chaotic. We're reactive, fast moving and happy to change how we work if something isn't working. But this does mean that you may struggle if consistency is what you look for in a role.

5. 5.0

Great company culture!

Oct 8, 2021 - Account Executive in Bath, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really nice environment to work in! Fast paced, with an opportunity to be exposed to so many different avenues.

Cons

I haven’t found any as of yet.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best place I have ever worked

Sep 29, 2021 - Operations Analyst in Bath, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible working (changes department to department but overall there is some flexibility) - Culture is brilliant, everyone is really friendly and is always willing to help out - Always being given opportunities to learn - 'Open Door' meetings - Treated as an individual and not a number - Nice office in Bath - No Idea/question/comment is a stupid one

Cons

- Not really any cons to be honest..

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Feels like I will be quite bias.

Sep 27, 2021 - Co-CEO in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast growing & brilliant people. On a personal level i love how confident people feel in sharing their personal stories - whether that's about inclusive language, diversity at work, hidden disabilities or mental health. You can find the stories here https://seccl.tech/blog/

Cons

Still more to do on diversity, Can be pretty challenging at times - really fast growth creates lots of excitement but inevitably sometimes there are issues that arise and the need to solve them quickly creates pressure Seccl are critical to their customers businesses. Being invaluable is an amazing and privileged position to be in but creates high expectations for us as a business which means we have to be really responsive to our customers. We don't always get this right.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A supportive and fantastic company who are doing something different!

Sep 27, 2021 - People Analyst in Bath, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A very supportive and open environment where ideas are encouraged and listened to, everyone super friendly, a place where you can keep learning and growing as an individual as well as contribute to the success of the company. A company doing something new and different within financial services and an environment that is always trying to improve and innovate. A people first culture. A truly brilliant place to work!

Cons

Absolutely non I have experienced so far!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Sep 28, 2021 - Relationship Manager in Bath, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff focused, flexible and ambitious

Cons

Nothing as yet to comment

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work culture like no other

Sep 6, 2021 - Tactical Solutions
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working, lovely community of people from all different backgrounds and just a great space for learning and growing as an individual

Cons

No cons, genuinely always looking to do better as a company and regularly makes strides to be the best it can be

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews