Serve Legal Reviews

Updated May 4, 2022

Found 85 of over 109 reviews

4.2
Serve Legal Director Ed Heaver (no image)
Ed Heaver
Pros
  • "flexible work, much can be done from home(in 13 reviews)

• "good pay flexible hours good for students(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some of the audits are quite time-consuming compared to the amount you get paid(in 7 reviews)

• "Limited amount of work available at certain times in the year(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting

130 Comments

Consulting

341.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Serve Legal~1473313
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Probably the best job I've had

May 4, 2022 - Auditor in Inverness, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Get to travel (I got to go to Orkney and Skye a few times, for example) *Free alcohol *No set hours, so it's very flexible around your studies *Pay is usually pretty fair *Sometimes don't even need to leave your house-- you can get audits delivered straight to you!

Cons

*Can only do most of the work from 18-20 (there is still some work you can do after you turn 20, but nowhere near as much) *Income not always reliable because there occasionally wouldn't be audits available

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing job for students

Mar 28, 2022 - Auditor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and flexibility whilst being a student.

Cons

It helps to have access to a car.

Social Media and Marketing Manager

So pleased you're enjoying it, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not as good as it seems

Apr 8, 2022 - ID Tester in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can turn down work when you want My direct manager was helpful and considerate

Cons

Minimal pay for work - does not take into account e.g. time spent planning or submitting reports, wear and tear on car Some managers unaware of how long visits really take - e.g. trying to visit 15 pubs during one football match Abuse from store managers you had to tell had failed ID checks

Continue reading

Social Media and Marketing Manager

Hi, thanks for sharing your review, sorry to hear though that you had some bad experiences. I'm particularly concerned about the abuse you received from store managers, this is absolutely not acceptable and something that I feel needs to be followed up with that particular client to make sure this does not reoccur, but we can only follow this up if you are willing to give us more information. Please could you email me on auditorenquiries@servelegal.co.uk with the store names and the date (rough estimate is fine) when you carried this out? We would really appreciate it, if you are happy to do so, as it will help keep other auditors from facing this - if we cannot guarantee auditor safety, we will tell the client we cannot carry out this process. It would also be really useful to get some further information on your experience of what sounds like media compliance work so that we can improve. If you are happy to share this with us, you can also use that same email address to give more detail and I will follow this up for you.

4. 5.0

Mar 22, 2022 - Student
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy, responsive, reliable fast, strong company

Cons

sometimes never really, always because

Social Media and Marketing Manager

Thanks for the review, glad you're getting on well!

5. 5.0

Perfect for students

Feb 18, 2022 - Auditor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Understanding and friendly area managers Very flexible, ability to work when I can and want to, no pressure to accept work if unavailable Able to keep any products purchased through the jobs, and can make small profit from some jobs Pay good mileage for driving Can work anywhere in the country, for example if you go home during breaks at university

Cons

Travel distances can sometimes not be worth the money if there isn't a great amount of work in one particular area

Social Media and Marketing Manager

Hi, glad to hear your getting on well with auditing overall! Hopefully as the work continues to increase, travel distances will decrease - that's always our aim. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A rewarding company to work for!

Mar 24, 2022 - Auditor in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Such a good company to work for, the hours are very flexible and the area managers are lovely. I can do this work around my other commitments and the work is simple yet rewarding.

Cons

A better online system for auditors is needed on, an app you can easily submit visits on for example.

Continue reading

Social Media and Marketing Manager

Hi, thanks for the review, I'm glad you're enjoying it! We will be making further improvements to the online system, any specific feedback to your Area Manager will be factored in, hopefully you'll see some positive changes soon. It seems you've put positive responses for all areas but then a 1 star overall, is this by mistake? Thanks again, keep up the great work!

7. 5.0

Good job for students

Jan 25, 2022 - Auditor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very Flexible Continuous flow of work available if your free to travel or in a city Expenses easily reclaimed Free alcohol

Cons

Hassle without a car sometimes Lots of commuting to unusual places

Social Media and Marketing Manager

Hi, glad to hear your getting on well with auditing overall! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review

8. 4.0

Good student job

Jan 26, 2022 - Auditor
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of freedom with time

Cons

Can take time to be paid

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

gd

Jan 20, 2022 - Student in Coventry, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible working hours whilst studying

Cons

low pay and lots of travel

Social Media & Marketing Manager

Thanks for leaving us a review! Could you give us more detail on why you felt the pay was low? We are currently undergoing an auditor pay review so would welcome any feedback!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good for student

Jan 11, 2022 - Mystery Shopper in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

work when you want, easy job and always had work

Cons

it can build up costs in buying produce, paying for parking, petrol etc. This is reimbursed though or taken out of your pay, so important you buy the cheapest items.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 85 Reviews

Serve Legal Reviews FAQs

Serve Legal has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 109 reviews left anonymously by employees. 99% of employees would recommend working at Serve Legal to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Serve Legal employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Serve Legal. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

99% of Serve Legal employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Serve Legal 5.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.