Shell Energy Retail Reviews

Found 375 of over 406 reviews

4.1
Shell Energy Retail CEO Ed Kamm
Ed Kamm
Pros
  • "Motivational and engaging working environment(in 26 reviews)

• "Great team, flexible working, good management(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pension scheme could be improved(in 20 reviews)

• "No sick pay and longer working hours(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great onboarding experience

Aug 4, 2021 - Director of Technology
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was given the luxury to spend my first weeks getting to know people, their roles and the company culture before diving into projects and meetings. Thanks to the information gathered, I have a clearer picture of what needs to be accomplished in my next months in the role.

Cons

The culture is an interesting mix of start up mentality coming for the years of First Utility and corporate ways of working driven from Shell.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good work place

Sep 13, 2021 - Senior Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

you get to work with nice people

Cons

Unfortunately the IT systems are really bad. All stuff is trying hard but the budget needs to be set at an appropriate level.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Looks promising

Aug 18, 2021 - Broadband Service Agent in Coventry, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Training is a great experience. * great working environment, when in the office. * inclusive culture while working at home. * very supportive colleagues, team leaders and managers that ive had contact with. *open door approach is very evident

Cons

While I have been with Shell, I personally have not come across any negatives. There is a high learning curve if you are new to this sector with the systems and ever evolving practices.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Read reviews before joining

Aug 13, 2021 - Broadband Adviser in Coventry, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working hours okay. Management okay. Friendly staff. Pay was okay until the split. Now it’s very low

Cons

No sick pay. No care for the staff. Constant changes with little knowledge given to agents. Progressions is pointless unless you constantly push for it, even then you get ignored. Stressful Training is awful. Care so much about 5* trust pilot reviews but don’t take on board the bad feedback and reviews. No care given when staff are struggling. A lot needs to be looked into, mental health has gone down hill since working here

5. 3.0

Didn't enjoy it

Aug 6, 2021 - Customer Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wage was ok. Gave other tasks from other departments to help out on sometimes.

Cons

No training from home even during pandemic. Too micro managed. Not friendly managers.

6. 1.0

Terrible

Aug 24, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Coventry, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pros to report whatsoever

Cons

Everything, salary, management, work/life balance.....the list goes on

7. 1.0

Absolutely awful

Jul 26, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Brentwood, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible shifts, that is all

Cons

unreliable shifts management company policy wages job role

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great inclusive culture

Jun 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support and flexibility for employees throughout lockdown. Friendly open and inclusive culture. Supportive manager and team. Accessible Exec team who are open to feedback from anyone in the organisation. A company who genuinely care about employee wellbeing.

Cons

Lack of clarity about the degree of integration with the wider Shell group both now and in the planned future.

Shell Energy Retail Response

Head of Talent and Enterprise Capability Development

Thanks very much for your 5-star review! Thank you for particularly mentioning the great support and flexibility you've experienced, alongside our genuine care for employee wellbeing. Our wellbeing strategy transformed along with the evolution of the pandemic, we had to ensure all colleagues were aware of the support available and where to go / who to go to, as the need for help presented itself. From the great feedback we received, we know that awareness is there, which is especially important considering remote working. That isn't the end of the journey though! We will need to continue to listen to feedback and consider how that informs our approach, particularly as we support our colleagues during the transition to a hybrid way of working. Thank you for your feedback on the clarity of information on integration with the wider Shell Group, I will certainly feed that back to the Leadership Team. Whilst we do receive good feedback on the transparency of our communications, again, we need to listen to understand where there may be opportunities to help ensure understanding. Thank you as well for your advice to management. Absolutely agree, maintaining the culture that we had pre the pandemic in a remote setting and as we transition to new ways of working is imperative to engagement, wellbeing, job satisfaction etc. It does form part of regular leadership conversations and I will take your point on leadership accessibility specifically to the next session. Thanks again for your review, Eleanor.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

No opportunities for Part-Timers

Jul 2, 2021 - Customer Service in Coventry, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at shell and love my job! I love the managers and my colleagues however I may have to leave due to no opportunities for part-timers.

Cons

After 3 years i went part time after having my son. Since then there are no opportunities and although they say ‘you can apply for anything’ I have been passed over many times for full timers. I honestly think they need to look at how they treat part-timers as I have worked there for 5 years, and have been static in my role now for 2 years due to just being a mummy. I am thinking I will have to leave.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Progress isnt always Upwards

Jun 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity comes in all shapes and sizes

Cons

Fear of being under Shell's banner, not quite as risk-ready as we could be.

Shell Energy Retail Response

Head of Talent and Enterprise Capability Development

Thanks very much for your review. It's great to hear you mention that opportunity comes in all shapes and sizes, not just vertical progression - it can often be a misperception and the wealth of additional opportunities isn't fully understood. For me personally, being part of the Shell Group of companies means collaboration with colleagues from across the globe, from diverse backgrounds, and that's exciting! Thank you for your feedback on being under Shell's banner and your comments on being risk-ready. We do have a cross-departmental Risk and Assurance Group who are the SMEs on risk in Shell Energy as well on shared Shell compliance requirements. It's difficult for me to comment any further really, without knowing a bit more context, so do feel free to reach out, drop me an email, and I'd be happy to hear more detail to identify any opportunities. I can also help to put you in touch with the Risk and Assurance Focal Point for your area, in case you may not already be aware. Thanks again, Eleanor.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 375 Reviews