Tableau Software Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 Jan 2020

3.7
Tableau Software CEO Adam Selipsky
Adam Selipsky
Pros
  • "Great product that customers love(in 81 reviews)

• "This is the first job where I feel like my work/life balance is valued and truly in balance(in 76 reviews)

Cons
  • "Since the company grew so fast so quickly, we experienced many growing pains along the way(in 50 reviews)

• "The company is growing at a good pace, however we need more space for everyone(in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great work culture and values, Amazing technology, Pioneers in the industry"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Singapore

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work culture and values, Amazing technology, Pioneers in the industry

Cons

In the transition face to become one of the largest BI platform

Tableau Software2019-07-29

"Great people, great product and good work/life balance"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- This is the first job where I feel like my work/life balance is valued and truly in balance. Of course there are sales targets and end of quarter pressure, but that's not unlike any other sales position. - I usually go to work with a smile on my face because I know I will spend the day with a like-minded, fun and international group of people. - Customers truly love what Tableau can do for their company, which makes conversations fun. Because of the nature of the product and the focus of customers on data you typically have strategic conversations with C-level people, which (in my opinion) is more fun than solely speaking with IT. - opportunity to travel to territory for events and see customers face to face

Cons

- Tableau has transformed from being a scale-up to an enterprise company (and now acquired by Salesforce), which has brought about some cultural shifts and challenges (as evidenced by some of the negative reviews on here probably). Some promotions that didn't make sense and lack of promotions where they should have happened. There are now, however, visible changes in approach to professional development of employees. - same quotas for very different territories can skew the way success is measured.

Advice to Management

- Take a closer look (at the data!) for quotas in different territories or regions within territories

Tableau Software2019-11-18
  3. "Exciting times ahead!"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in London, England

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

We just got bought by Salesforce!!!! What an opportunity that will bring to our organisations, our Customers and our Partners. There are great people to work with and everyone is aligned on our mission to "help people see and understand data". It's still got a bit of a start up vibe to the place, even though Tableau is no longer a start up. Customers love Tableau so being in sales, this really helps. They love the product for sure but that is partly because of the c.500,000 customers that form the Tableau Community. Tableau makes events fun and different, not wanting to conform to the usual corporate approach to that sort of thing.

Cons

There can be a bit of a mindset here that things don't need to change based on the serious hyper-growth of recent years. Inevitably if companies want to continue to grow they need to continuously adapt.

Advice to Management

Keep doing most of what you're doing. It obviously works. Keep growing trust within the business in all levels in all of the teams. Keep investing in training and development, especially in Managers. Listen to the employees as we transition into Salesforce.

Tableau Software2019-11-18
  4. "Brilliant Company"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brilliant product and community internally.

Cons

Collaboration between countries isn't managed well

Tableau Software2019-10-23
  5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Product Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some very nice benefits such as fully stocked kitchen where you can make your own lunch, eat all the snacks you'd like, great coffee machine, and regular social events.

Cons

Amazing if you compare to strictly conservative workplaces but not if you compare to the places you're competing for talent with (the googles etc), not in salaries or benefits.

Tableau Software2019-11-04

"If you are perfect Tableau is great. If you are looking to develop yourself this is not the place to look."

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England

I worked at Tableau Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent training programme which starts in Seattle HQ training you in Tableau's products and sales messages. It's hard not to be motivated in the company's ambitions. Some of the nicest colleagues that I've come across anywhere.

Cons

The services organisation in EMEA does not take the opportunity to provide role based training and development to new team members. If you cannot already fully fulfil on the job you will quickly be shown the door. It was evident that Regional Delivery Manages are not adding any value. Rather than doing this they could be seen creating or seeking problems to justify their existence especially with the pending Salesforce merger. Training for the Tableau Product is great but role based training is absent. This is evident across all levels of management. The current role based training that exists is reading an on boarding guide. The organisation does not have time to provide mentoring as discussed in these documents.

Advice to Management

Recommend Salesforce flatten the organisational structure and further managers' training. Regional Delivery Managers in EMEA would benefit from choosing to focus on developing and motivating their teams alongside adding value to the organisation. Senior Directors in Global Services would benefit from delivering role based training to new starters and existing team members. Developing a culture of open and honest feedback with coaching to support team members in areas where performance is not ideal would be perfect.

Tableau Software2019-09-21

"Not good anymore"

Former Employee - Client Success in London, England

I worked at Tableau Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Was great pre-IPO - had a great culture

Cons

Post IPO- new management- lost culture- bad management- bad office politics

Tableau Software2019-08-05

"Brilliant Technology and Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, leadership, customer community and technology

Cons

None that are worth mentioning

Tableau Software2019-06-11

"Middle Management are just Robots for HQs visions"

Former Employee - Enterprise Sales in London, England

I worked at Tableau Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great London Office. Free Food, Good onboarding. Staff are very friendly and there is a perceived amazing culture but in reality its not quite what it seems until you are a few months into the job.

Cons

Real cuthroat environment. Middle management do not inspire creative thinking. Instead you are indoctrinated in the one size fits all approach pushed down by HQ.

Advice to Management

Have some flexibility in the way that you manage your teams. Dont just be middle management.

Tableau Software2019-05-16

"not as good as it used to be"

Current Employee - Partner Development Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great product, great customers, still a scrappy company

Cons

culture means less than it used to, more processes, delusions of grandeur and scaling

Advice to Management

stop trying to be AWS at all costs

Tableau Software2019-04-26