Tableau Software Reviews

3.7
Tableau Software CEO Adam Selipsky
Adam Selipsky
Pros
Cons
  • "Since the company grew so fast so quickly, we experienced many growing pains along the way(in 51 reviews)

• "The company is growing at a good pace, however we need more space for everyone(in 26 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, awesome product, really fun work environment, huge market growth

Cons

Benefits and pay need to move to a competitive stance

2. "Happy"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

culture product people office values

Cons

none none none none none

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

compensation, work-life balance, realistic to the market and conditions

Cons

nothing so far, everything improving after SFDC acquisition

"Great company to work for if you can put up with slackers and no career development whatsoever."

Former Employee - Operations in London, England

I worked at Tableau Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will meet some of the brightest mind and everyone in the London office are really friendly. The company is also really transparent in sharing data internally so I can always play with the data on some reports that I find useful to me.

Cons

- Inexperienced management: Lack of ownership when it comes to decision making. Bad listener because they think they know the best. No KPI per se, or they just don't care so your hard work doesn't get paid off. Having fun is the most important thing in this team, which is great, but sometimes can get too overwhelming because you feel like you are in kindergarten. They kept using the same excuse "the team is fairly new and we are working hard on career mapping", just tell me no sorry it's not going to happen. - Slacker: Late, literally doesn't do any work, extremely slow at everything (1 request turnover rate at least 24 hours to 48 ), daily mail, kitchen, watching shows on the phone, moaning about how little requests are coming in (because we are all doing your work?), repeat. Essentially you are getting paid probably the same as the slacker but you are doing double the work.

"Fun but frustrating"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very relaxed environment Some great peers Fun technology

Cons

Inconsistent quality of management. Some managers are extremely poor, but survive - whether through relationships, managing upwards, etc. They fail to lead according to any accepted definition. This has significant organisational costs and produces cynicism .

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, great product, great work/life balance

Cons

Not always fair promotion criterias

7. "Best company I’ve worked for!"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I worked at Tableau Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great working environment - Amazing product which is continuing to get better - Great work/life balance

Cons

- The best opportunities are still centralised in the US

"Great people, great product and good work/life balance"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- This is the first job where I feel like my work/life balance is valued and truly in balance. Of course there are sales targets and end of quarter pressure, but that's not unlike any other sales position. - I usually go to work with a smile on my face because I know I will spend the day with a like-minded, fun and international group of people. - Customers truly love what Tableau can do for their company, which makes conversations fun. Because of the nature of the product and the focus of customers on data you typically have strategic conversations with C-level people, which (in my opinion) is more fun than solely speaking with IT. - opportunity to travel to territory for events and see customers face to face

Cons

- Tableau has transformed from being a scale-up to an enterprise company (and now acquired by Salesforce), which has brought about some cultural shifts and challenges (as evidenced by some of the negative reviews on here probably). Some promotions that didn't make sense and lack of promotions where they should have happened. There are now, however, visible changes in approach to professional development of employees. - same quotas for very different territories can skew the way success is measured.

Continue reading
  9. "Exciting times ahead!"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in London, England

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

We just got bought by Salesforce!!!! What an opportunity that will bring to our organisations, our Customers and our Partners. There are great people to work with and everyone is aligned on our mission to "help people see and understand data". It's still got a bit of a start up vibe to the place, even though Tableau is no longer a start up. Customers love Tableau so being in sales, this really helps. They love the product for sure but that is partly because of the c.500,000 customers that form the Tableau Community. Tableau makes events fun and different, not wanting to conform to the usual corporate approach to that sort of thing.

Cons

There can be a bit of a mindset here that things don't need to change based on the serious hyper-growth of recent years. Inevitably if companies want to continue to grow they need to continuously adapt.

10. "Brilliant Company"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brilliant product and community internally.

Cons

Collaboration between countries isn't managed well

Found 699 reviews