TravelClick Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

TravelClick Reviews

Updated 26 Oct 2019

3.1
TravelClick CEO Paco Pérez-Lozao (no image)
Paco Pérez-Lozao
Pros
  • "Great people to work with, flexible with requested time off(in 15 reviews)

• "Great culture, supportive work environment, flexible working hours(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "This company is great for anyone looking for good work/life balance(in 31 reviews)

• "I got praised from the upper management for doing a great job in this troubling time(in 15 reviews)

1. "Job"

I worked at TravelClick

Pros

Nice Office, good staff, cool

Cons

Worj is non-stop and stressful

Advice to Management

None

TravelClick2017-01-16
  2. "Great environment slow progression"

I worked at TravelClick full-time

Pros

Friendly and supportive colleagues overall

Cons

Slow career progression, takes a while to get promoted

TravelClick2019-02-24

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Director of Sales

I worked at TravelClick full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Global company broad range of products

Cons

As a DoS you have impossible targets which you can only achieve by working minimum 18 hours a day 7 days a week. Senior leadership team expects everyone to abide by the company values yet they flaunt them openly. They do not respect the staff. This was once a good company with good products and good service when I joined over 10 years ago. Since it was taken over by the PE company it has changed to being focused on... maximising sales and profit, plus minimising customer service and product development. The sooner the PE company offloads it from their portfolio the better. Normal service can then resume.

Advice to Management

Value your staff much better and treat them with respect.

TravelClick2014-02-07
  4. "Great Place to Be!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at TravelClick full-time

Pros

Challenging, fulfilling work Smart coworkers Opportunity to travel to global offices Fast-paced and exciting

Cons

Company runs lean so oftentimes lots of work and responsibility

TravelClick2019-09-20
  5. "Engaging and creative place to work with the possibility for upward mobility"

I have been working at TravelClick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work is dynamic, challenging, and changes every day Travel to international satellite offices Employees are given full ownership and responsibility over their work product and are given credit where credit is due Great work-life balance Upper management tries their best to retain staff by carving out vertical pathways for lower and middle employees

Cons

There is no one to pick up your slack and you must be ready to fill holes where the need exists at a moment's notice. This may not be a con for some.

TravelClick2019-09-20
  6. "Fast-paced, engaging and challenging environment"

I have been working at TravelClick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Interesting co-workers - Demanding and Challenging work - Supportive team and managers - Beautiful NY office - Flexibility - Free breakfast on Friday

Cons

- The pay is low compared to industry standards

"Apply with caution"

Current Employee - Voicepro Reservations Agent in Orlando, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TravelClick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not a lot; Easy to get OT, high call volume makes day go by fast, own cubicle/desk, really cool co-workers

Cons

Terrible training on the 311 hotels booked by TravelClick, only 1 person allowed on bathroom break at a time with a time limit of 5 minutes, NO COMMUNICATION from management, Information from hotel is rarely accurate or up to date. VERY HIGH TURNOVER. Crap pay for amount of work. Feels like working on 3rd world country sweat shop.

Advice to Management

Read the cons listed and make corrections.

TravelClick2019-09-17
  8. "Welcome to the nepotism empire in our current time"

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TravelClick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

excellent coworkers great clients portfolio nice environment x

Cons

lost management lack of knowledge lack of transparency old facilities

TravelClick2019-09-05

"My Worst Experience"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Orlando, FL

I worked at TravelClick full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have very little positive things to offer about this company. I was there over a year and was berated and harassed in front of my peers after my third week of employment. I eventually went to HR only to be out in probation since the person who was harassing me said I could perform my duties. There were witnesses who came forth to confirm my experience but I was the one being punished. After 30 days of me proving... my abilities I was take off probation. The manager was removed from my department and relocated to a different state. She did not leave our office for another 3 months. There was no admission of guilt, and no apology.

Cons

After several months of working I was asked to be a mentor for new employees. My supervisors manager suggested this after seeing how well I was training our new employees. At this time my sister had already been battling cancer for almost two years. The week they offered me the new role was the week we found out she will probably have to go to hospice. My sister was only 49 years of age at this time. This news was... hard to deal with seeing as we lived together and were best friends. Needless to say I took this very hard. I messed up on two cases, nothing that cost the company money, but they put me on probabtiom again. They were aware of my sisters condition. They told me I had to separate work and home. Which this is a lot easier said then done when dealing with a dying family member. For the sake of my job and me being the only income I did. I performed my job the way I was before. I got praised from the upper management for doing a great job in this troubling time. The last week I was on probation she came they brought me in the office and fired me. I made no mistakes.. I did what was asked of me. They did not care.. with no emotion they just fired me. At this point my sister was in ICU. She passed away two weeks after I was fired on the same day they were telling us we were getting a raise. I wouldn’t recommend their services or open positions to anyone I know or happens to meet. This was the worst experience I have dealt with in my professional career.

Advice to Management

Sometimes it’s not about the numbers.. you have to start seeing your employees as people.

TravelClick2019-09-14

"Love my job!"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at TravelClick full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have only been working for TravelClick for 60 days but I can already see the huge potential that this company has to offer to their employees! On-boarding process has been very organized. Coworkers are nice and very eager to help!

Cons

I am still waiting to see how the recent merge with Amadeus plays out. However, so far, all the changes have been to the better and always considering what's best for the employees. Health insurance is not that good for what you pay for. They can do better in their benefits.

TravelClick2019-08-02