UCB Reviews

Updated 4 Jun 2021

4.0
UCB CEO Jean-Christophe Tellier
Jean-Christophe Tellier
Pros
  • "Good benefits for all employees(in 24 reviews)

• "Great benefits, people-focused, flexible especially during challenging times(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Too many processes sometimes get in the way of efficient decision making(in 12 reviews)

• "Constant change in the organization structure(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great place to work

29 May 2021 - Research Scientist in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place for science and great teams

Cons

Can't think of anything bad.

Employee Representative

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear of your experience with UCB! We will use your feedback to continue to strengthen our employee satisfaction initiatives moving forward.

2. 4.0

Great staff

6 May 2021 - Teacher in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Caring and supportive staff. Amazing food.

Cons

Management changes. Redundancies happening. Increase in teaching hours.

Employee Representative

We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to include your perspective when improving our company processes.

3. 3.0

Bright people, challenging diseases

19 May 2021 - Associate Director in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Making therapeutics for some of the most challenging diseases

Cons

Decision making and leadership cumbersome

Employee Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We take all reviews seriously and will pass along your experience as we continue to assess UCB employee satisfaction.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

23 Apr 2021 - Scientist in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Shared incentive schemes for saving money

Cons

Very nice place to work

Employee Representative

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We will keep your assessment in mind as we continue to evaluate UCB's employee satisfaction.

5. 4.0

Great employer

4 Mar 2021 - Strategy Lead in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Inclusive company - Takes care of employees - opportunities for lateral moves

Cons

- organigramme may be too complex, it changes quite often - grades behind jobs are not clear, new hires should check their grades before signing a contract - technical experts are not always valued

Employee Representative

We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to align with leadership to ensure your perspective is taken into account as we continue to better our company.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Contractors, avoid UCB as much as you can

16 Nov 2020 - Research Scientist in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at UCB (Slough, UK) as a contractor from 2018 to 2019. The main advantages were related to my colleagues, everybody was really friendly; The food at the canteen was good.

Cons

Be aware: UCB works with many PREDATORY and UNETHICAL recruitment agencies; both the HR department and the Directors know about it, and they keep recruiting people from these same agencies anyway. All the problems described below would have been avoided if UCB stopped working with these agencies. -- Low payment (that I decided to accept it anyway because I was interested in working for a pharma company); -- Contract was evasive (they avoided adding many details about payment for example); -- Paid holidays at a much lower rate than my regular payment (which means I was constantly being penalised for taking annual leave); -- Payment frequently late; -- Mistakes on processing my payment. I was feeling increasingly frustrated because of all these problems with the recruitment agency, and also with the lack of support from UCB. I decided to leave UCB because I felt that I was far too talented to go through all this.

3 people found this review helpful

Employee Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive to create a positive work environment for all of our employees and are saddened to hear that your experience did not reflect this. We will keep your assessment in mind and wish to investigate the matter thoroughly. In order for us to fully understand your experience you may consider reaching out to UCB’s Head of Candidate Experience. As a company we welcome all your feedback and will treat any allegations with care and in the strictest confidence.

7. 3.0

Scientist

14 Apr 2021 - Associate Scientist in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment Wellbeing is well taken into account

Cons

Low salary for the industry and location Lack of progression

Employee Representative

Thank you for your review. We will be sure to include your feedback as we strive to improve our performance reviews in the future.

8. 4.0

Great Company

18 Feb 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ambitious . Encourage individuality. Don’t tend to micromanage.

Cons

Incompetent leadership in some areas.

Employee Representative

Thank you for your review. We take all reviews seriously and will keep your assessment in mind as we continue to evaluate UCB's employee satisfaction.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good place to work

8 Feb 2021 - Principal Scientist in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

UCB provides Good work life balance

Cons

Processes needs improvement and pay needs to be competitive

10. 5.0

Na

11 Feb 2021 - Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Outskirts of lobdon. Travelling time

Employee Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is appreciated and will be used to inform and improve employee satisfaction in the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 380 Reviews