Unidesk Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Unidesk Reviews

Updated Feb 10, 2017

4.4
Unidesk CEO Don Bulens (no image)
Don Bulens
  1. "Awesome"

I worked at Unidesk full-time for less than a year

Pros

I absolutely had a blast working for Unidesk. The team is really more like family than anything.

Cons

None really at all. Just normal stuff that you'll find at any other job.

Advice to Management

Glad I was able to be a part of this!

Unidesk2017-02-10
  2. "Great company with solid team spirit while it lasted - (Just sold to Citrix)"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Unidesk full-time

Pros

Outstanding product backed by an incredible support team

Cons

Development was slow and install process was far too long and complicated

Advice to Management

Spending more heavily and much sooner on the development of a clean crisp UI and a refined install process would have made the product a more attractive sale to a wider user base.

Unidesk2017-02-07
  3. "Great group of people focused on an excellent solution and customer success"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Snoqualmie, WA

I worked at Unidesk full-time for less than a year

Pros

- One of the best group of people I've ever worked with - Ability to have great impact on the company and product - All employees were focused on ensuring solution and customer success - You had the autonomy to create and develop your own projects

Cons

- A few growing pains as the solution changed focus from SMB to the enterprise (these issues were being addressed)

Advice to Management

Management did an excellent job ensuring a great product that enabled customer success. One of the best management teams I have worked with.

Unidesk2017-01-20
  4. "Was great while it lastec"

Former Employee - Sales in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Unidesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

good product, good people, good pipeline, good growth potential

Cons

now part of citrix- just being bundled into their offering now and not sold stand alone.

Advice to Management

next time have more leverage to avoid a hostile takeover.

Unidesk2017-01-11
  5. "Outstanding company to work for!!!"

Software Engineer in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Unidesk for less than a year

Pros

Great engineering culture, free pizza lunch every Wednesday, free bagels every Thursday, free beers Friday afternoons, awesome hands-off yet supportive management, pure agile shop, very challenging and interesting product, very deep technology stack (lots of learning opportunities), excellent work-life balance, quarterly hackathons, great office location

Cons

Some of the engineers can be a bit condescending (not often, but there are moments)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!! Maintain the focus on great engineering and you will continue to succeed immensely

Unidesk2016-12-06
  6. "Good Experience"

I have been working at Unidesk

Pros

Good culture Great vision as well

Cons

Lack of training is a downside and they seem to always be spread thin when it comes to sales coverage

Advice to Management

Keep developing! Great product

Unidesk2016-06-30

"Phenomenal Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Unidesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're smart, hungry and excited by a challenge - then Unidesk is the spot for you. The company has seen significant growth y/y in the ~3 years I've been here. I was employees number 50 something, now we're well over 100. The product is extremely disruptive and rock-solid. Customers absolutely love it. I can confidently say I sell a product that impacts our customers lives in a really positive way. Company... vision is very bright. Our Executive team is aligned and focused. Management prefers to promote from within than hire from the outside. Everyone here wants to see you succeed. Very strategic sale. Sales reps here need to wear a lot of hats. You'll learn to hone all sorts of marketable skills in a short period of time for career advancement.

Cons

the commute - but that depends where you live.

Advice to Management

keep fighting the good fight :). I'm very excited about where the company is headed.

Unidesk2015-07-27

"Unidesk - not for the faint of heart"

in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Unidesk

Pros

Great culture, very talented people, good mix of fun and hard work, opportunity to be part of an innovative company with strong leadership. Be prepared to work hard and accept change. When you are trying to disrupt a market you need to be agile.

Cons

Fast paced, lots of changes, location (depending on where you live)

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate and not be afraid to make changes when things aren't working!

Unidesk2015-07-30

"Management is atrocious"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Unidesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product is good when a company really needs it, it can save them when they're in trouble. The support and dev team is really good. Lots of smart people.

Cons

I don't think anyone really likes sales leadership.. its all a pretend game for them to like you. They like to hear themselves talk and force you to listen. New ideas every day, and ones that no action is taken on. A certain individuals insecurity gets projected into insults and passive aggressive behavior. Definitely not an environment for someone who is easily annoyed or discouraged.

Advice to Management

Make the changes in sales leadership that you deep down know have to occur

Unidesk2015-07-20

"Left at the right time"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Unidesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Began with excitement, small company with big company potential that was flexible, open and a pleasant group. Senior staff were accessible and visible.

Cons

Lost itself, the loyalty to anyone except the VP, CEO and his minion middle managers. Became mediocre, diluted and the technology has become more irrelevant.

Advice to Management

Time to look in the mirror and point the finger rather than passive-aggressively take swings at people who are and want to do well. Manage, don't babysit.

Unidesk2015-07-03