Victor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Victor Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2019

Found 15 reviews

3.5
Victor CEO Clive Jackson  (no image)
Clive Jackson
  1. "Company on the way up"

I have been working at Victor full-time

Pros

Great working environment, people have amazing passion for our customers,. People all help one another.

Cons

Sometimes more bureaucratic than it needs to be.

Advice to Management

Less process, move faster.

Victor2018-07-31
  2. "Project associate"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Victor full-time

Pros

A progressive company which truly tries hard to innovate itself within the industry. The company will provide new employees with a great opportunity to learn about the private aviation industry.

Cons

It's still a startup, therefore, the management has its ups and downs.

Victor2018-07-03
  3. "Opetation Executive"

Operations Executive Director in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Victor for less than a year

Pros

Small team with lots of cross functional functions and ample team support

Cons

At times the workload can be challenging

Advice to Management

Give some more room for initiative

Victor2018-05-29
  4. "Senior Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in South Kensington, England

I have been working at Victor full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been here for 2 years and seen a small start up grow into one of the UK's leading Jet brokers. It is an exciting, fun place to work and they do reward hard working team players. I can only recommend Victor ! Even though we are considered a large company, the CEO walks past the whole office almost every morning and sais good morning and knows everyone's name. He either has a very good memory or cares for the... company the people that make it great. I think it is the later.

Cons

It has grown from a start up to one of the UK's leading jet brokers, in order to grow the company is always evolving, I can understand how change can be frustrating at times but it is all for a good reason.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding and developing current internal talent.

Victor2017-01-10

"Great first job - don't get comfortable"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in London, England

I worked at Victor full-time for more than a year

Pros

(Some) great people and a chance to make a difference, although this is vanishing as the company grows. Provides great experience and exposure to the market.

Cons

Top down management structure, a few individuals have been there since the start and take their jobs for granted, making it difficult for new comers to feel appreciated. Office politics will get you much further than hard work and personality. That being said, you will for sure learn a good lesson.

Advice to Management

Give staff more opportunity for growth (and money)so that they don't get bored and crush morale. Avoid giving preferential treatment at random.

Victor2015-12-03

"Victor soars in the recruitment process"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in London, England

I have been working at Victor for less than a year

Pros

Fast but thorough interview process - you'd better know your stuff and be prepared to go from phone interview to first in person to second in person in a flash. The people at Victor are supportive, friendly, and know their stuff, which is great for filling in the gaps when you first start. Ask and be answered! Plus, if you like sleeping in, they start a bit later and work a bit later. For anyone who likes to start... early, you will have the office to yourself to crack on with your work.

Cons

It's a young company suffering from some typical growing pains - reorganising to fill in the gaps and determine who fits where best, figuring out what processes are necessary and which ones need to be made necessary, and some meeting room shuffle, but they'll grow past it. I prefer to start early so I feel a little awkward leaving on time when other people will work for a while yet. There are a few people who don't... seem to take pride or ownership in their work, but the structure changes should highlight them.

Advice to Management

Bravo to the management - all the way from team leads to the top. From what I've seen, you've got good people in management, and while they will gladly debate any point with you to make sure it's the best option, they also will listen, which is important. I would advise, keep pushing forward with the changes you're making.

Victor2015-10-20
  7. "Junior Product Manager"

Junior Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Victor

Pros

Great team environment with support and opportunities offered to everyone willing to put in the effort. There's a general sense the the company is going places and that the door is open for anyone to grow in their roles and ascend if they wish.

Cons

Some late nights, but it comes with the territory!

Victor2015-10-20
  8. "Enjoyable and straight forward recruitment process"

Current Employee - Junior Product Manager in Fulham, England

I have been working at Victor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working within the tech team, no two days are very alike. There are always new challenges and goals to achieve. The company is experiencing high levels of growth and are currently recruiting to make this growth manageable for the future. Investment in new technologies is high priority, which makes things more interesting. It's fun to be part of a company priding itself on branding and a quality consumer experience... where everybody is encouraged to voice their opinions on a matter to achieve the best possible end result.The company itself is a very enjoyable to work for, with a highly functioning (...and sociable) team in place.

Cons

No real 'cons' to speak of. There are a lot of changes currently going on within the company as a by product of its growth. However, this change is more fun and fluid rather than frustrating.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. With all the changes currently taking place sometimes it is easy to miss out on information, whether that is for a specific task or about the company as a whole. However, everything trickles down eventually. We're moving quickly here at Victor - but that's no bad thing. 'Keep it up' would be my advice.

Victor2015-10-20

"Commercial and Operations Associate"

Current Employee - Commercial and Operations Associate in London, England

I have been working at Victor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to be, the company is growing fast, there are opportunity for personal development.

Cons

Not much, can be very stressful sometimes.

Victor2015-08-16
  10. "Great opportunities with full autonomy"

in Fulham, England

I worked at Victor for less than a year

Pros

One of the best things about working for an SME is the fast-paced nature which includes change and diversity. You're never quite sure what is going to happen next which creates excitement and never allows you to rest on your laurels. Being close to the decision making with an entrepreneur with vision and extreme attention to detail makes it a really great place to work. The people are bright, enthusiastic,... supportive and willing to learn. There is a real team spirit. This company is really going places!

Cons

It is so fast-paced that it can feel a little out of control. Puts individuals under pressure - but then pressure makes diamonds!

Advice to Management

Slow down, take stock, focus on the foundations first!

Victor2015-07-24