54% would recommend to a friend
(583 total reviews)
64% approve of CEO
Found 583 of over 608 reviews
Updated 26 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Their people management skills are poor" (in 37 reviews)
- "Pay is low" (in 34 reviews)
- "Hours are long and work weekends" (in 27 reviews)
- "Certain managers being so demeaning and patronising that many staff felt that they wanted to leave." (in 24 reviews)
- "Minimum wage for very physically demanding work" (in 14 reviews)
- 2.026 Nov 2023Kitchen and Bathroom AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPeterborough, England
Friendly team to work with
Boring 90% of the time Sick pay depends on who you get on with as its at management discreation
- 4.028 Oct 2023Customer Service AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNorthampton, England
The colleagues were the best. Felt like a family
The company management was awful!!! They will not help or let you moving up the ladder. I applied for a team leader job and at the interview the operations manager advised me to search for opportunities in the warehouse (for context: I am east European)
- 4.07 Nov 2023Kitchen Design & SalesCurrent Employee
Good pay, good hours, benefits are OK as well.
Commission can vary month to month, Management hit and miss, System is old and dated now.
- 4.07 Nov 2023Store AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBrighton, England
flexible time, its a good job for students
some managers or shift leaders can be mean, but this happens everywhere.
- 3.031 Oct 2023Finance ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWatford, East of England, England
Lots to learn. Colleagues were really supportive
No room for progression. Sadly there were no prospects for career growth.
- 4.024 Aug 2023CSA/Duty ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsStoke-on-Trent, England
Flexible Hours - where I work they are very flexible and cater in my needs Gain Share - a bit of extra money if the store performs well. It can be a decent chunk too.
Low pay - even as a duty manager it's still quite low pay. However the gain share and Duty Manager bonus helps with the overall pay Hard work - Not a single day is easy. There is always plenty of things that need to be done and usually involves heavy lifting
Wickes Reviews FAQs
Wickes has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 608 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Wickes to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
54% of Wickes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wickes 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.