World Wide Technology Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 887 reviews

3.9
World Wide Technology CEO Jim Kavanaugh
Jim Kavanaugh
Pros
  • "WWT has great people who work hard but also are fun to be around(in 176 reviews)

• "Consistent messaging around leadership and Core Values(in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is seeming to get a little bit better as of late but it is visible on the floor that not everyone is a fit for WWT(in 104 reviews)

• "Everyone really lived the core values(in 39 reviews)

1. "The best company I have worked for by far!"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in London, England

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at WWT is second to none, you are completely valued as a WWT employee and you are made to feel welcome from your very first interview. I feel my work/life balance is just right with the flexibility I have in my role and team. My Management are incredible and they know how to get the best out of me and support and encourage me to achieve my career goals.

Cons

I feel I do not have any Cons at present.

Advice to Management

Carry on the incredible job you are doing for our team.

World Wide Technology2019-07-24

July 26, 2019Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you and great to hear from the London team!

"Recruitment Process"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in London, England

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Recruitment Process was extremely seamless, this company does actually care about its employees. I will kept in touch every step of the way about each stage of my application process. From my initial call to getting hired, I was made to feel special. My recruiter was always in touch with me and vice versa, whenever i had a query he was more than willing to help out and answer it.

Cons

There are no CON's, this place really do know how to take care of its employees.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and its great to be part of a culture where people genuinely care about each other.

World Wide Technology2019-06-28

June 28, 2019Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing and welcome to the team!

"Great Culture, huge company, unknown in UK Market"

Current Employee - Internal Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ The emphasis on the culture is amazing, it's not something that is just mentioned at the beginning when you start, it is always adhered to and worked on. + Salary is competitive + Office location is great, and in key parts of London + Quick growth, with lots of opportunities

Cons

- Office space is limited as the company is growing, this needs to be addressed ASAP. - Flexible working should be more equal across the business, as not given the same amount of opportunities to work from home compared to others - Not well known in the UK, more marketing on the brand is needed. As many people always say 'WWT who?'

Advice to Management

Continue the emphasis on the culture as this will be key to growth and happiness. Invest in colleague development, and continue the great vision.

World Wide Technology2019-06-06

June 6, 2019Sr. Director of Human Resources

Great, constructive feedback. I know the limited space is a big concern. Thank you very much.

"What a Growth Story"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

Massive growth potential at the company, a great group of people, and the ability to strike a work life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of.

World Wide Technology2019-04-30

April 30, 2019Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you.

"My experiences so far"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

- There is a great culture throughout the company - Plenty of opportunities to succeed if wiling to put the time in - Competitive salary - It's an open environment where your own opinions can be shared - There's a feeling of job satisfaction when completing tasks here - Good benefits

Cons

- As it's still in it's early stages in the UK, sometimes there are learning curves in terms of processes - Growing pains

Advice to Management

Continue to put an emphasis on having a good culture while the company grows, as much as it might be a huge challenge. Also continue to involve the company in all updates to keep the feeling of being one team.

World Wide Technology2019-03-22

March 25, 2019Director of Human Resources

Very good and relevant feedback. Jim recently did a video update on the status of the company. These may continue as a supplement to the formal corporate updates. Thanks again and great to hear from London!

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Consulting Systems Engineer in London, England

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

It is easy to find out if a company delivers remarkable service or not: just ask their customers! WWT in EMEA is obviously doing a great job in their GSP (Global Service Provider) division: just ask their customers (large telcos/communications providers) what they think about WWT and they will no doubt say WWT is an innovative technology partner, that is helping them drive their digital transformation agenda. As... an employee, WWT is impressive as it has a unique ability to execute! It is a large and established company, but it very much feels like a nimble startup, where you feel empowered to do what is best for the customer.

Cons

Rapid growth inevitably brings a few pain points such as office space and a large volume of projects. However, this is addressed by management straight away as they re-invest in the business and the people.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work and excellent organic and innovation-driven growth by the GSP organisation in EMEA. The recipe obviously works!

World Wide Technology2019-02-04

February 6, 2019Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much. Great to hear from our London TEAM.

"A Fun, Progressive and High Performing Company"

Current Employee - Associate Managing Consultant in London, England

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Focus on young talent - being someone who is still early-in-career, WWT has really begun to invest in young talent, providing us with a platform to launch our careers within technology and infrastructure. Wealth of experience - despite a new focus on bringing through young talent, WWT benefits from a whole roster of extremely talented, experienced and knowledgeable individuals. Team members with experience in... industry are invaluable when assessing a situation from the point of view of a client. Relevant in industry - WWT understand and respect it's background in hardware re-selling, however constantly evolves to deliver cutting edge technology solutions. Whether it be advanced capabilities in SD-WAN or next-generational digital workplaces, we are encouraged to continuously up-skill and challenge ourselves and our clients in the latest that technology has to offer. No nonsense benefits - WWT has an extremely grown-up and mature approach to benefits. Management often operate as "path un-blockers", allowing us to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible. I believe everyone is rewarded fairly and to my knowledge equally - and performance, not politics, dictates your career trajectory. Great working location - with the UK office situated in the heart of Canary Wharf, the office location is fantastic. Furthermore, the office itself (although now slightly crowded) has great facilities and benefits from an excellent Office Manager. Healthy supplies of mid-afternoon sugary (and healthy) treats, as well as a well stocked mini-fridge are added bonuses!

Cons

Growing pains - as WWT grows rapidly within EMEA, it is natural that sometimes company culture and collectiveness can suffer. WWT management proactively prioritises the protection of our excellent company culture, however this challenge becomes more difficult as the company grows further. From a physical office perspective, this pain is most visible - however, there are plans being put into motion to rectify this.... Brand reputation - whilst the partners and clients that work with WWT hold our company in very high regard, the mass-market in EMEA are still very much unaware of who WWT are and what they do. Personally, and not too dissimilar to other colleagues, I had not heard of WWT prior to joining. A lack of reputation can sometimes prove challenging when competing against larger technology consulting firms. US-focus - the organisation is heavily US focused, which makes sense as the company is founded and has most presence across the pond. Whilst more is being done to regionalise, at times process and messaging can be insensitive to working groups outside of the USA. Internal IT - known to local management, local IT support and upgrades are required in order to enable teams to be their most effective and efficient. Meeting room experiences and workplace technologies should demonstrate the best in class collaboration expertise that we have to our clients and partners.

Advice to Management

- Continue to focus and invest in early-in-career talent - empowering and educating us to lead in the future. - Invest time and effort into ensuring that our capabilities remain cutting edge. - Double down on brand reputation growth, become more active through social media and demonstrate the wealth of knowledge and talent that we have. - Retain attitude towards benefit - you will retain and attract... best-in-class talent. - Invest in internal IT and use it a showcase of the possible.

World Wide Technology2018-12-27

December 27, 2018Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed and constructive feedback.

"A Great Place to Work"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

The London office has been through some changes this year to refocus as we move into 2019. We have a great supportive team of smart people and a collaborative culture. There is a lot of focus on developing staff and regular visits from the exec team which helps to build and maintain the culture.

Cons

It is still quite US focused, I'm not sure they quite understand the needs of the Global business, rather preferring a 'one size fits all' approach. A number of employees have 15-20 years service which is great, although they sometimes lack the outside perspective.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, make sure that we continue to evolve and adapt as we become more Global

World Wide Technology2018-11-29

November 29, 2018Director of Human Resources

Thank you for this very constructive feedback. It's also great to hear from our London TEAM!

"Upholds the Ethos of Meritocracy"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Comp and benefits package + Focus on its people (current and future) - both talent and culture across a range of roles, levels and backgrounds + Ambition to grow and succeed in the right areas - effects felt on the ground with opportunities to drive outcomes + Invested management - global and in Europe on the business and the team to be market leaders whilst maintaining a good environment for the team

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Been a great experience thus far. Keep building the business to support fast paced and global growth so to ensure continued delivery to customers and achieving that reputation of a world class technology company

World Wide Technology2018-10-14

October 15, 2018Director of Human Resources

Thank you and welcome to the team!

"Great place to work but with a few poor managers"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Challenging place to work that will stretch your skills, company will invest in your learning and offering a great salary and benefits package

Cons

Some poor management and often can cause stress and a poor work life balance. Very scarce opportunity for promotion and oftentines recruitment happens from outside rather than promoting from within the team. Lack of direction from local managers at times and can cause anxiety and friction amongst the team.

Advice to Management

More rigor and discipline around management hires - pick your leaders carefully

World Wide Technology2018-06-22

June 27, 2018Director of Human Resources

Thanks for sharing this constructive feedback. Our goal is to have "no bad managers". This isn't easy and it doesn't just happen. Please contact HR or anyone on the executive team if we can be of help to your situation. Best of luck.

Found 887 reviews